PDA

View Full Version : BCM Barrel Nut Wrench for Buffer Tube

CasktCrw
10-31-22, 14:39
Anybody here use the KMR wrench as their go to for tightening the castle nut? I threw it on one of my lowers, and it felt a sticky, I would use the Spikes but for the 3/8 drive, so im eyeing the forward controls jcw

markm
10-31-22, 14:51
Hammerhead for castle nuts. But really anything will do. Just tighten it and stake it.

CasktCrw
10-31-22, 14:52
I've used anything that works and had bad luck lol I want the right tool for the job and I need somebody to tell me the KMR is less than ideal so I will buy the forward controls; or to tell me it's fantastic and then I'll spend the money on something else.

Just looked up the hammerhead not crazy about it at all. It goes all the way around so it will not work with funny end plates, and the drive hole is far from nut.

markm
10-31-22, 15:27
Just looked up the hammerhead not crazy about it at all. It goes all the way around so it will not work with funny end plates, and the drive hole is far from nut.

I can't remember if the hammerhead conflicts with the QD plates now that you mention it. But either way, that hammerhead has proven to be a valuable tool beyond castle nuts. I love it. I used it yesterday to break a scope base loose from a receiver.

titsonritz
10-31-22, 21:02
I've used BCM KMR barrel nut wrench to tighten castle nuts but wouldn't consider it my "go to" wrench, the would be my Magpul Armorer's wrench, however some parts combinations will not allow the use of an enclosed tool and you must use something open ended. The Vltor pistol A5 RE for example, a FCD CNF and ESF-H for another for which I use his JCW. Bottom line, I have and use all three.

HKGuns
10-31-22, 21:19
I own the FCD doohickey and have had it ruin A5 castle nuts.

In this instance my old DPMS wrench is my go to, simple and effective.

the AR-15 Junkie
10-31-22, 23:23
deleted

bruin
11-01-22, 00:09
Hammerhead here also for normal buffer tubes. KMR wrench is handy for pistol tubes, when the hammerhead doesn't fit over the collar. I recall IG saying the KMR wrench didn't hold up to full-time castle nut use.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

BufordTJustice
11-09-22, 15:59
Anybody here use the KMR wrench as their go to for tightening the castle nut? I threw it on one of my lowers, and it felt a sticky, I would use the Spikes but for the 3/8 drive, so im eyeing the forward controls jcw

I have. Love it for that.

Allows me to use my torque wrench on the castle nut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk