PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Warning

ryr8828
11-05-22, 08:33
I like old Saturday morning cartoons. Ok, laugh at me, fight me I don't care. I like them.
I get up early every day so through the week I'll watch MeTV at 6am-7.
On Saturdays it's 6am-9.
6 it's Popeye, 7 it's Tom and Jerry, 8 it's Bugs Bunny.
So I've got it on in the background, surfing the web on my desktop and it gets quiet. I figure I've lost my streaming so I turn to look at the tv. Full page trigger warning over the violence I'm getting ready to be subjected to by Popeye the Sailor Man is what's on the screen.

I think it's obvious that the pussification of this country is complete.

StainlessSteelRat
11-05-22, 08:51
I like old Saturday morning cartoons. Ok, laugh at me, fight me I don't care. I like them.
On Saturdays it's 6am-9.
So I've got it on in the background, surfing the web on my desktop and it gets quiet. I figure I've lost my streaming so I turn to look at the tv. Full page trigger warning over the violence I'm getting ready to be subjected to by Popeye the Sailor Man is what's on the screen.

I'm right there with you. I was watching Bonanza awhile ago and it had a warning that ' this show portrays culturally outdated characters and themes that may be offensive'. Are you kidding me....... not sure what to say anymore 😕

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-05-22, 11:25
I remember the test pattern and then the farmers report before the cartoons would start…. Quaint to think that TV ‘ended’ for the day in the past…

DG23
11-05-22, 11:49
I'm right there with you. I was watching Bonanza awhile ago and it had a warning that ' this show portrays culturally outdated characters and themes that may be offensive'. Are you kidding me....... not sure what to say anymore ��

Funny. I find all the pro LGBTQ homo shit they keep trying to 'normalize' on the TV offensive and have seen zero warnings about that garbage.

Averageman
11-05-22, 12:01
Just read a story where a Male Teacher was fired for not using an eight year olds preffered pronouns.

kirkland
11-05-22, 12:06
I was lucky enough to grow up during the time when all the old Looney Tunes cartoons were still airing on TV. We also had a few collections of them on VHS. There were never any trigger warnings or "warning: these cartoons are racist" type language. They just aired them, or unapologetically showed them on the VHS in full and uncensored. And everything was perfectly fine. Nobody thought twice about it. We didn't grow up to be racists, and we're certainly less racially sensitive than the obsessed with identity politics and vicimhood crybaby generation of today.

DG23
11-05-22, 12:27
Just read a story where a Male Teacher was fired for not using an eight year olds preffered pronouns.

Was a story not long ago about one that got fired for the same, sued them, and won bigly.

We need more of that but wish we could figure out a way to do it without the taxpayers having to foot the bill for all of it.

Todd00000
11-05-22, 13:09
Remember when women baring it all in movies and TV was liberating? Well, now those movies come with a victimization warning.

Never forget they are really attacking men and the BS "toxic/rape cultrue."

Straight Shooter
11-05-22, 14:34
Been w/o television for many years. I dont know how anyone can watch it. Was horrible when I stopped. I see bits & pieces enough to know its nothing Ill ever watch again.

titsonritz
11-05-22, 14:44
I yam what I yam.

SteyrAUG
11-05-22, 16:29
On Saturdays it's 6am-9.

LOL. Watch any episode of Mad Men "Tobacco Use, Alcohol use, sexually suggestive situations, etc."