PDA

View Full Version : HK VP9 + CHPWS plate + Holosun 509t

mildot
11-07-22, 09:01
So as the title states, I made the switch from the "stacked" plates to the single CHPWS plate, and now I can't zero the optic? or I at least run out of adjustment? I've asked on HKPRO and it seems to be a QC issue? but right now I'm being "ghosted" by CHPWS? so I thought I might find some additional info here? Thanks in advance.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-08-22, 09:34
I am sorry my friend, but CHPWS is one of the worst companies in the gun industry and you are likely stuck with their awful product. Feel free to add to this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?228678-Negative-experience-with-CHPWS

And a few more for your reading pleasure:

https://www.google.com/search?q=issues+with+chpws&oq=issues+with+chpws&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160.2882j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

mildot
11-08-22, 09:40
WOW, I didn't think it was that bad, Thanks. I'm going to try and get a refund? from where I purchased it. BTW who's "better" for plates these days? the only one I know of is Forward Control Designs? and I don't think they do HK or Walther?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-08-22, 09:42
WOW, I didn't think it was that bad, Thanks. I'm going to try and get a refund? from where I purchased it. BTW who's "better" for plates these days? the only one I know of is Forward Control Designs? and I don't think they do HK or Walther?

Thats a tough one, FCD makes great Glock plates, but you really have to get in the weeds with more niche models.

mildot
11-08-22, 09:59
I'm using the CHPWS plates on my Glock MOS and my PDP and they are both holding up well? I may just use the HK plate and change to an Holosun 508 or a RMR. Getting an ACRO plate is an option as well? Cheers

Duffy
11-08-22, 21:09
We only make plates for sights made in the USA and allied countries.

Tangodown and we have been working on the VP9 ACRO plate, and RMR will be next.

mildot
11-09-22, 09:51
LSHD, I read your thread on the Steiner MPS, does it use a standard RMR style of plate? or is it mounting similar to the ACRO and 509t? & needs it's own plate?
Thanks

Duffy
11-09-22, 13:36
MPS uses ACRO footprint.

titsonritz
11-09-22, 14:13
LSHD, I read your thread on the Steiner MPS, does it use a standard RMR style of plate? or is it mounting similar to the ACRO and 509t? & needs it's own plate?
Thanks

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

markm
11-09-22, 14:45
The insane array of grabasstic mounting options for pistol RDS is almost unbelievable. One of the pistol manufacturers has to sack up and come up with a smart system, and force everyone else to fall in line.

RHINOWSO
11-09-22, 18:00
Honestly, I think something like the Agency AOS, where there is a legit plate system that locks in for different optics.

Aside from that, I think we are still a generation of RDS / pistols away from anything close to 'standard'.

Furbyballer
11-10-22, 10:10
Honestly, I think something like the Agency AOS, where there is a legit plate system that locks in for different optics.

Aside from that, I think we are still a generation of RDS / pistols away from anything close to 'standard'.

100% this. I have tested most of the plate systems on the market and the only plate system that hasn't failed on me is the agency cut. I now only use their plate system on my glocks to future proof me for RDS future advancement. Also, I highly recommend their screws as well as I have never stripped one of their TI-screws.

titsonritz
11-10-22, 17:09

100% this. I have tested most of the plate systems on the market and the only plate system that hasn't failed on me is the agency cut. I now only use their plate system on my glocks to future proof me for RDS future advancement. Also, I highly recommend their screws as well as I have never stripped one of their TI-screws.

What about the Unity ATOM?

mildot
11-17-22, 09:04
MPS uses ACRO footprint.

Does the Steiner MPS use the mounting "footprint" as the ACRO P1, P2 & the C2 etc? The HK specific mounting plate for the ACRO only mounts the P1?

Diamondback
11-17-22, 09:52
The insane array of grabasstic mounting options for pistol RDS is almost unbelievable. One of the pistol manufacturers has to sack up and come up with a smart system, and force everyone else to fall in line.

That'd be the ideal, but I don't see it happening until somebody with juice like DOD forces the issue. Even then I doubt it'd go far, I mean it's not like the P320-M17's mount system has become "industry standard" the way 1913 did.

Pappabear
11-17-22, 11:31
Somebody edumucate me. I have two VP9’s that are optic ready and you just buy a HK or knock off plate. I have both and both work. Why is this not working? I’m sure it’s a simple miss on my part but want to understand.

I don’t know why more companies are NOT making their guns optic ready minus a plate with holes drilled for both trijy & Luepy. My last Sig was drilled for either option with no plate. Pretty cool and the obvious answer to most issues.

PB

Diamondback
11-17-22, 12:17
Somebody edumucate me. I have two VP9’s that are optic ready and you just buy a HK or knock off plate. I have both and both work. Why is this not working? I’m sure it’s a simple miss on my part but want to understand.

I don’t know why more companies are NOT making their guns optic ready minus a plate with holes drilled for both trijy & Luepy. My last Sig was drilled for either option with no plate. Pretty cool and the obvious answer to most issues.

PB

Proprietary solutions beget captive audiences, or so they think--the Sunk Cost Fallacy, they think if you've sunk a dumptruck of money into them they can hold you hostage with it and keep you eating whatever crap they shovel your way.

Well, between that and everyone thinking their own in-house proprietary solution is the best...

El Vaquero
11-20-22, 10:08
Does the Steiner MPS use the mounting "footprint" as the ACRO P1, P2 & the C2 etc? The HK specific mounting plate for the ACRO only mounts the P1?

The Steiner MPS uses the same footprint as the Acro P1 and P2 when using an adapter plate but not if you get your slide milled (at least the recommended slide millers I checked). The MPS and Acro are slightly different mount wise but close enough when it comes to adapter plates.

I have both an Acro and MPS. Currently have a slide being milled at Maple Leaf Firearms. They advised the MPS will fit on an Acro milled slide but would probably come off and they don’t recommend it. They mill specifically for Acro or MPS. And so do other quality millers.

mildot
12-03-22, 20:59
So just to "circle back" I contacted my dealer, and in turn they contacted CHPWS who is sending me a replacement plate? that said, just taking a cursory look on there website, the markings on the there latest plate(s) seem to be different? should I take that as evidence that they "fixed" the problem?

https://i.imgur.com/t0jKzYP.jpg

Duffy
12-04-22, 18:21
Steiner only recommends steel plates for MPS.

Our VP9 ACRO/MPS plate is available now, OPF-VP9, ACRO.

everready73
12-05-22, 09:28
Steiner only recommends steel plates for MPS.

Our VP9 ACRO/MPS plate is available now, OPF-VP9, ACRO.

This is the way

Duffy
12-05-22, 10:26
There is only one Aimpoint ACRO TDP, there's no P1 vs P2, they're one and the same. The mounting hardware on P1 and P2 sights is different, P2 has to meet a weight requirement set by the French, so it's slightly altered to save weight. But the specs for the mount or plate have not changed.

Tangodown / FCD plates have been the same since 2019 save for one change: the slot for the ACRO's lug is slightly widened by 0.002 to better accommodate MPS's lug that sometimes is slightly larger than the slot on our plates.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-05-22, 11:15
There is only one Aimpoint ACRO TDP, there's no P1 vs P2, they're one and the same. The mounting hardware on P1 and P2 sights is different, P2 has to meet a weight requirement set by the French, so it's slightly altered to save weight. But the specs for the mount or plate have not changed.

Tangodown / FCD plates have been the same since 2019 save for one change: the slot for the ACRO's lug is slightly widened by 0.002 to better accommodate MPS's lug that sometimes is slightly larger than the slot on our plates.

Roger,

As always, you are the man.

My FCD MOS ACRO plate has had ZERO issue through thousands of rounds, numerous courses, and daily carry on duty with an MPS.

Duffy
12-05-22, 12:51
Steiner has made some changes to the MPS clamp to better accommodate some plates. It's good of them to make changes quickly and listen to their customers, I like Steiner and their folks, it usually takes a miracle for a big company to make changes.

Just Prince
12-05-22, 17:40
When Holosun completes the manufacturering move to the US will that stance change?

Duffy
12-06-22, 17:48
Ours? Yes, when it's a US company.