PDA

View Full Version : Lost a good buddy yesterday

Averageman
11-09-22, 17:06
We had been sort of coworkers over the years, once in a while on the same project, often just passing through.
When we would get together we would often go shooting, he had some interesting handguns.
Well yesterday at work, he got some chest pains and instead of waiting for an ambulance, he drove himself. Never made it to the Hospital.

Guy's take care of yourselves. This guy was tall and thin and showed no outward signs of ill health.
If I can communicate with him on the other side, maybe he will tell me where all the 10mm sockets are?

flenna
11-09-22, 18:10
Sorry for your loss, it’s tough when it is sudden and unexpected. My family doctor told me years ago that genetics has more to do with heart attacks than any other factor, which I thoroughly believe. My mother (4’11, 85 lbs.) and father (retired Marine, 5’6, 145 lbs.) both had heart attacks which makes me a prime candidate irregardless of my current health. So I hedge it by exercising, taking vitamins and Ezetimibe to keep my cholesterol in check.

Buckaroo
11-09-22, 19:03
Sorry for your loss, I have a buddy (Best Man) who is a walking time bomb. He has had two heart attacks in the last three years and is quite overweight and poor lifestyle choices (eating mostly)
Never easy to loose a friend especially suddenly.
And you are right about not driving ones self to the hospital or delaying making the call for help

hotbiggun42
11-09-22, 19:20
Sounds like you guys had good times!

Averageman
11-09-22, 19:44
Sounds like you guys had good times!

Yes we did, we were both stationed in Germany together, he worked accross the street at 3rd shop so I didn't see him often.
We met up again 25 years later working for the same defence contractor.
Like I said, the guy was tall, thin and really didn't have any bad habits.
Being that he died on the job, I'm hoping the Company taks care of his wife.

DG23
11-09-22, 20:49
Well yesterday at work, he got some chest pains and instead of waiting for an ambulance, he drove himself. Never made it to the Hospital.

Guy's take care of yourselves. This guy was tall and thin and showed no outward signs of ill health.

AND get a good doctor BEFORE you need one.

My dad (not so long ago) had a heart check up at his doctor in Memphis who told him everything was just fine. Soon after he moved to Florida and found a new doctor and had another check up done with the new guy - Almost immediately followed by a triple bypass surgery...

He would not be here today if he had stayed in Memphis and with his old doctor.

Buncheong
11-09-22, 21:17
Sorry for your loss, friend. :(

Averageman
11-09-22, 22:57
Sorry for your loss, friend. :(

Thanks Bud.

markm
11-10-22, 07:41
As we get older it gets weird at how many we know who have passed.

Ricardo China
11-10-22, 20:16
Sorry for your loss, keep the good memories!

Averageman
11-27-22, 03:52
We had been sort of coworkers over the years, once in a while on the same project, often just passing through.
When we would get together we would often go shooting, he had some interesting handguns.

If I can communicate with him on the other side, maybe he will tell me where all the 10mm sockets are?

Well it's two weeks later and another good friend I served in Germany has passed.
Guy got out and was a Brick Mason and did well for himself.
Still don't know what got him, just that he's gone at 60.

utahjeepr
11-28-22, 09:12
Hate losing folks. Condolences to you and their families.

Averageman
11-28-22, 09:24
I'm 61 and I feel healthy and do my check-ups and stuff. I just can't understand it.
Both appeared healthy.