PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Prop 114

eric0311
11-10-22, 05:24
Well Oregon… you’ve outdone yourselves… this steaming pile of unconstitutional legislation just might pass…
https://stop114.com/

Miami_JBT
11-10-22, 06:27
Well Oregon… you’ve outdone yourselves… this steaming pile of unconstitutional legislation just might pass…

In FL, Certified Police Firearms Instructor can teach the FL CCW Course as a side business on their off hours. Many do it and make a pile of money from it. It is one of the reasons why Constitutional Carry is opposed by FL LE.

Does Prop 114 mandate that it must be the agency that trains people, or simply a certified police instructor? Because if it is just saying that it must be a Certified Police Firearms Instructor, then watch them make off-duty details and side businesses and rolling in the money.

eric0311
11-10-22, 07:26
It looks like an LE approved/certified trainer will only be allowed to facilitate the training for permit to purchase a firearm.

Miami_JBT
11-10-22, 08:22
It looks like an LE approved/certified trainer will only be allowed to facilitate the training for permit to purchase a firearm.

That still doesn't answer my question, does Prop 114 prevent a certified law enforcement officer from building a side hustle to certify folks?

Because if it does, then you'll see less resistance from LE in opposing Prop 114.

eric0311
11-10-22, 09:07
My bad… I do not know the answer to that question … I’m tracking and completely agree… if there is an incentive to make money off civilians in a “permit scheme”, LE is gonna follow the cash.

utahjeepr
11-10-22, 09:14
As I understand it the training must occur at a 'State approved" training facility of which there are very few. I heard many counties have no such facility. I don't expect the list is expected to grow either.

czgunner
11-10-22, 10:51
As I understand it the training must occur at a 'State approved" training facility of which there are very few. I heard many counties have no such facility. I don't expect the list is expected to grow either.Yeah this is designed to make it difficult and discourage carry. I'm so glad I left the west coast.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Todd.K
11-10-22, 11:55
this steaming pile of unconstitutional legislation just might pass…

The fact that it might NOT pass is a far bigger takeaway.

Massive money behind it, deceptively “reasonable” title for non gun people, in a very blue state, and it may just barely make it.

I mean, we STILL have a mask mandate for healthcare facilities, with no real pushback here.

titsonritz
11-10-22, 13:42
My kids are down in Albany and approve of their Sheriff saying Nope to the mag BS. I'll be voting with my feet soon enough.

Linn County Sheriff's Office 'is NOT going to be enforcing magazine capacity limits'

https://www.facebook.com/LinnSheriff/

sndt1319
11-12-22, 21:23
I just dropped some coin on more OEM Glock mags for a future planned build but this thing is such garbage I’m not even sure it was worth it. This bill has so many issues it isn’t even funny. I hope GOA jumps on this. A buddy just decided at get an AR10 lower and his number on the State background check was over 10k. Dems remain the greatest gun salesman ever.

SteyrAUG
11-12-22, 22:06
One more reason to never visit Oregon.

Looking at a reciprocity map, looks like we've lost Washington state too, up until 2013 Washington state used to have reciprocity with Florida. That's a shame, I used to visit the resting place of Bruce Lee from time to time and Seattle was a nice stop over day rest when I flew to Alaska.

sndt1319
11-12-22, 22:18
The dumbest thing is standard mags are grandfathered but you can’t use them in a CCW situation. My BIL doesn’t even own a pistol magazine that holds less than 11 rounds.

Miami_JBT
11-13-22, 07:28
This won't fly post Bruen

Todd.K
11-13-22, 10:56
It probably won’t hold up well in court. But that will take years and tons of money.

I just dropped some coin on more OEM Glock mags for a future planned build...

As a range toy it’s fine for now. Carry or even HD looks like a no go with regular mags to me, a creative new front from the gun grabbers.

One BIG problem a lot of people don’t know about, Glock ban mags have a long standing reputation of being less reliable. Especially with HP. Glock is a poor choice for use in a ban State.

Miami_JBT
11-13-22, 13:58
It probably won’t hold up well in court. But that will take years and tons of money.

As a range toy it’s fine for now. Carry or even HD looks like a no go with regular mags to me, a creative new front from the gun grabbers.

One BIG problem a lot of people don’t know about, Glock ban mags have a long standing reputation of being less reliable. Especially with HP. Glock is a poor choice for use in a ban State.

That won't fly under vagueness

sndt1319
11-13-22, 14:51
Toddk,

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve got options for carry outside the Glock. I mainly keep my permit up to date for when I travel with my stuff. The way this law was written makes it less helpful now that mags are practically treated like a firearm for storage purposes.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-13-22, 17:24
What is this no hicaps for CCW and HD? Are they trying to get around the issue of a 'taking' by outlawing mags by saying that you can have them, you just can't use them?

sndt1319
11-13-22, 18:00
You can only use them on your property or at an approved location like a range. There is no provision for the general use of CCW. I’d think for HD you would be good to go.

SteyrAUG
11-13-22, 18:19
You can only use them on your property or at an approved location like a range. There is no provision for the general use of CCW. I’d think for HD you would be good to go.

For now. Then after a period of time it will be "high caps" aren't legal doncha know.

I still remember when seat belt laws were first mandated, but with the assurance it wouldn't be used for justification for a stop. After a time that changed and the example became a template for all enforcement.

sndt1319
11-13-22, 20:10
Oh I’m under no illusions that this is over. I’m just planning on letting the courts do their thing. Oregon needs to get put in their place by SCOTUS. This place is getting out of control. But leaving doesn’t help, we need to stay and keep voting for liberty.

SteyrAUG
11-13-22, 20:23
Oh I’m under no illusions that this is over. I’m just planning on letting the courts do their thing. Oregon needs to get put in their place by SCOTUS. This place is getting out of control. But leaving doesn’t help, we need to stay and keep voting for liberty.

I understand, hope it goes that way. But honestly, you stay with the plane until you are more afraid of it than the ejection seat.

titsonritz
11-13-22, 20:39

You do what you want, I'm out of this libtard shithole.

sndt1319
11-13-22, 20:48
I’m rather vested in Oregon at this point because of family connections. The other option is CO which is just as bad.

Disciple
11-13-22, 20:58
You do what you want, I'm out of this libtard shithole.

Sooner or later you'll run out of places to run to.

sndt1319
11-13-22, 21:11
My pastor has been saying this to people for like two years now. We lost a lot of people over how Oregon handled COVID. Idaho was a popular destination but he kept telling people that the policies are just going to follow you.

titsonritz
11-13-22, 22:45
Sooner or later you'll run out of places to run to.

Bullshit, if I had move to TN, WY or a couple dozen other states 30 years ago instead of Oregon it would be a non-issue.

SteyrAUG
11-14-22, 00:16
It's really bad form to tell someone else where they should or shouldn't live.

"I" couldn't live in CA for a week. But I know people who are doing just fine there, they are happy and they wouldn't be many other places. And unless you are gonna find somebody a job and relocate their family for them, you should keep it to yourself.

I imagine there are places in Oregon where people feel the same.

Some people love where they live despite the BS. I understand anyone who wants to stay and fight because they feel it's still worth trying to defend. I understand anyone who wants to get the F out because it just isn't worth it anymore. I'm not gonna tell either person what they should be doing with their life.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-14-22, 00:29
Bullshit, if I had move to TN, WY or a couple dozen other states 30 years ago instead of Oregon it would be a non-issue.

Like Colorado.....

Wyoming could go full stupid really fast because there ins't that much 'population inertia' to move. Utah is conservative, but I could see it going McMullin stupid.

titsonritz
11-14-22, 00:41
Like Colorado.....

Wyoming could go full stupid really fast because there ins't that much 'population inertia' to move. Utah is conservative, but I could see it going McMullin stupid.

I should be dead by then.

utahjeepr
11-14-22, 10:14
If you hate where you live move, simple as that. I lived in CA for several years and I can't say I was miserable but it eventually wore me down and I left. Politics was a part but also traffic, cost of living, ...

Realize though that EVERYWHERE is very divided. The difference between red, purple, and blue is only a few percentage points and some creativity drawing districts.

Disciple
11-14-22, 14:24

Realize though that EVERYWHERE is very divided. The difference between red, purple, and blue is only a few percentage points and some creativity drawing districts.

It's urban versus rural everywhere. The counties containing Memphis, Nashville, and Jackson all went for Biden two to one over Trump, if you believe the tally. The majority of Oregon counties are conservative.

henri
11-14-22, 19:08
I hear about law x in state y and how it limits ______, fill in the blank. I reside in Fl, and carry as I please, yes I have a CWP, and enjoy reciprocity with approved states. In the states that do not recognize reciprocity, I carry anyway. I have residences (not residency) in two very left wing liberal states with very egregious gun "laws" but maintain discreet carry weapons(snubby in pocket) in both states. Perhaps all you 'independent thinking pro-2A tough gun guys' should just say fvck it, I'm not complying, and carry anyway for your own self protection; or you can have a tombstone that reads... He Complied! I'm at an age and stage in my life where all fvcks have disappeared and have none left to give.

ViniVidivici
11-15-22, 00:07
Many do, they just don't broadcast it on the internet. ; )

SteyrAUG
11-15-22, 00:57
Many do, they just don't broadcast it on the internet. ; )

Yep, knew a LOT of guys who carried in Florida during the 80s, including some prominent firearm instructors who didn't yet have reserve officer credentials.

utahjeepr
11-15-22, 14:45
So just to be clear. I can carry pot, meth, and heroin no problem but 11 rounds can land me in jail?

titsonritz
11-15-22, 16:14
So just to be clear. I can carry pot, meth, and heroin no problem but 11 rounds can land me in jail?

Now you're getting the picture. Plus you need to jump through hoops, take some "training" BS that as of yet hasn't been defined, pay $65 to get a permit to purchase a firearm. Last I heard the "instant" BGC had a que over 10,000 deep. But tent cities, junkie piss and shit are A-OKay.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-15-22, 16:46

NO. You can also now carry Magic Mushrooms too.

utahjeepr
11-15-22, 17:14
Seeing as 11 of Oregon's 15 counties have passed symbolic measures in support of leaving Oregon and joining Idaho I bet I can guess what areas are going to be a bit lax in enforcing this.

Todd.K
11-15-22, 17:31

Yes, but on the upside we just removed involuntary servitude exemptions for prisoners. So you won’t have to work in the mess or mop your own floors in jail.

titsonritz
11-16-22, 04:27
And here is what is going on in Orgon thanks to 114, gun shops are stopping private transfers or closing up all together. (pardon the link to a local forum)

Gun stores which have stopped transfers. (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/gun-stores-which-have-stopped-transfers.431746/)

OutofBatt3ry
11-16-22, 04:43
And here is what is going on in Orgon thanks to 114, gun shops are stopping private transfers or closing up all together. (pardon the link to a local forum)

Gun stores which have stopped transfers. (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/gun-stores-which-have-stopped-transfers.431746/)

This is insanity.

flenna
11-16-22, 05:29
But, but Bruen? This is standard MO for the Leftists in this country- pass a law that is blatantly unconstitutional knowing that it may eventually be overturned but it doesn’t matter as most of the damage will be irreversible. Mission accomplished either way.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-16-22, 06:55
I read a liberal article about why 114 is so important. It cited the 2021 gun deaths in Oregon as to why: 600 deaths, 77 percent of which were suicides. Oregon doesn’t have a gun violence problem anymore than it has a suicide problem, those numbers are laughably low.

So sorry for my brethren in Oregon. 30k voters decided to trample the rights of 900k law abiding citizens. This happened to us in Colorado. We recalled politicians, and yet the laws remain on the books. Not a single person follows them, and I’ve never personally seen them enforced, but that doesn’t change the fact that you could be charged at any moment.

AndyLate
11-16-22, 07:41

Because they are overwhelmed or due to a provision in the new bill?

Andy

One More Time
11-16-22, 07:48
There are so many already waiting on the BCG to clear that they won't get to them before it goes into effect.
That and some are running out of room to store the guns that are waiting.

Unreal that people waited till the last second to buy something.
This makes the covid rush look tame.

I didn't get caught up in that idiocy either, I learned that lesson a long time ago.

Todd.K
11-16-22, 08:15
I read a liberal article about why 114 is so important. It cited the 2021 gun deaths in Oregon as to why: 600 deaths, 77 percent of which were suicides.

Oregon was the first State with an assisted suicide law.

titsonritz
11-18-22, 01:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFMBqPaAOEs

sndt1319
11-18-22, 07:22
Everyone I know is rushing out to try and buy things. Most don’t have the funds since inflation has put a hurting on their cash flow. I don’t need anything right now so I’m not feeling too much pressure but this crap is ridiculous. I’m betting lots of gun and sporting goods stores go out of business. From the perspective of gun control advocates that alone will be a win. SCOTUS needs to kill this crap. I truly don’t understand how a purchase permit is different than voting fee which was found unconstitutional.

AndyLate
11-18-22, 07:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFMBqPaAOEs

My thoughts when I saw this were:
The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting.
Hunters who are not pu$$ies can just drive to another state and buy all the rifles and ammo they need to hunt. There is no ethical requirement to follow unconstitutional laws and the federal law allows out of state rifle purchases.

Andy

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-18-22, 07:35
I read a liberal article about why 114 is so important. It cited the 2021 gun deaths in Oregon as to why: 600 deaths, 77 percent of which were suicides. Oregon doesn’t have a gun violence problem anymore than it has a suicide problem, those numbers are laughably low.

So sorry for my brethren in Oregon. 30k voters decided to trample the rights of 900k law abiding citizens. This happened to us in Colorado. We recalled politicians, and yet the laws remain on the books. Not a single person follows them, and I’ve never personally seen them enforced, but that doesn’t change the fact that you could be charged at any moment.

Yep. The lack of enforcement is not a problem for them, since they really don’t care. What they want is for bombarding people to realize that owning guns becomes such a liability that they either don’t buy them, don’t move here, move away, and just get out of “the gun culture“. Criminals carry even less about these laws because they know they won’t be affected by them unless they get caught for something else far more important.

These laws are the ultimate in progressive stupidity. They are nothing more than virtue signaling, don’t cost really anything to implement, and a pain for actual gun owners.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-18-22, 07:36
Hunters who are not pu$$ies can just drive to another state and buy all the rifles and ammo they need to hunt. There is no ethical requirement to follow unconstitutional laws and the federal law allows out of state rifle purchases.

Andy

Can’t you buy a rifle across state lines?

AndyLate
11-18-22, 07:46
Can’t you buy a rifle across state lines?

That is the much more clear way to say what I ranted about. Oregonians can slip over the border to a free state and buy rifles, ammunition, and all the standard capacity magazines they want without a BS permit. If I lived in Idaho and had money, I would set up a gunstore at the first exit on the interstate from Oregon.

Andy

titsonritz
11-18-22, 15:21
That is the much more clear way to say what I ranted about. Oregonians can slip over the border to a free state and buy rifles, ammunition, and all the standard capacity magazines they want without a BS permit. If I lived in Idaho and had money, I would set up a gunstore at the first exit on the interstate from Oregon.

Andy

You're not suppose to by a long gun across state lines without going through an FFL, an FFL is required to follow the law of the state in which the purchaser is a residence.

titsonritz
11-18-22, 15:22

Andy

First thing I thought was how many of you fudd hunter voted for it or didn't bother to vote at all and are now in panic mode over it.

titsonritz
12-07-22, 14:35
Currently in the que for "instant BGC"

+ 11,174 CHL line

sndt1319
12-07-22, 18:32
The Federal Judge did a 30 day stay on just the permit aspect but a state Judge is stopping the whole bill from going into effect based on the Oregon Constitution.

This is going to get interesting.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-07-22, 19:28
In all of these 2A cases, we need also to have an injunciton(?) or restraining order that these states can’t pass gun laws until they are cleared through the courts. In the same way that the southern states had their ability to change voting laws restricted. Otherwise, these idiots will keep on changing a word here and there and passing them again.

These states have a history violating people’s civil rights- and the leaders have said that they don’t care. If we have to bring in the National Guard to escort people into FFLs to buy guns, so be it.

titsonritz
12-11-22, 22:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26QnPM5Zr-o

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-12-22, 00:35
But, but Bruen? This is standard MO for the Leftists in this country- pass a law that is blatantly unconstitutional knowing that it may eventually be overturned but it doesn’t matter as most of the damage will be irreversible. Mission accomplished either way.

I get what you are saying, but last year at this time, there would be little to no hope to get this overturned at anything less than SCOTUS.

I want to keep saying it. As we get these law ruled unconstitutional, we need to document that that leftist leaders passed the laws knowing full well that they were illegal. We then need to get consent decrees from courts that these states can’t pass gun laws with out automatic judicial review.

flenna
12-12-22, 05:31
Oh no, Oregon LEO’s are worried they will have to comply with prop 114.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-police-worry-gun-permit-requirement-magazine-limits-include-officers

eric0311
12-12-22, 09:22

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-police-worry-gun-permit-requirement-magazine-limits-include-officers

I guess they didn’t fleece the authors of the bill with Union funds and promises of votes….

Todd.K
12-12-22, 11:16

"I'm sorry that's happening to you. Best of luck."

eric0311
12-12-22, 13:27
���� yes… very sad…

glocktogo
12-12-22, 14:10

Words from Tom Cotton I will repeatedly reference in the future.

titsonritz
12-12-22, 14:17

I LMFAO when I first saw Tom Cotton tell that to Kroger the Woke when he came a crawlin' for help. :lol:

sndt1319
12-12-22, 15:25
IÂ’ve grown to believe that we need to start roping the Police into these 2nd Amendment discussions. The arms police carry are individually defensive in nature. They have no obligation to defend anyone else per the Supreme Court rulings if I understand it correctly. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. What is suitable for me to defend myself should be suitable for them. They work where I live. Why should they have an advantage? Why should police carry weapons of war in my neighborhood?

Having said that, what is suitable for me is an AR-15 and a Glock 19x. I think they should roll with the same.

Buckaroo
12-12-22, 17:41
I LMFAO when I first saw Tom Cotton tell that to Kroger the Woke when he came a crawlin' for help. :lol:

He actually mic dropped on the guy! Said that and immediately turned off his personal mic (with prejudice) hahahahaha

Todd.K
12-12-22, 18:45
It will go down as Legendary.

I’m not anti cop, but we either live in a constitutional republic or the kings laws don’t apply to the kings men.

LoboTBL
12-12-22, 19:11

They absolutely should have to comply with their state's laws. If civilians are to be expected to defend themselves with limited capacity magazines, then officers, who receive far more training (ahem), should be able to defend themselves just as well if not better. It's already established case law that officers don't have a duty to protect anyone but themselves.

jsbhike
12-12-22, 19:17

One of the examples as to why there needs to be a Constitutional Amendment barring exemptions from law based on occupation.

glocktogo
12-12-22, 20:06
One of the examples as to why there needs to be a Constitutional Amendment barring exemptions from law based on occupation.

Particularly members of Congress and anyone who executes their orders!

jsbhike
12-12-22, 22:00

Big time.

Diamondback
12-13-22, 08:29

I'll see the "no exemptions" and raise with Treble Penalties for any lawbreaking by an individual in a position of "public trust." (Legislator, LEO, schoolteacher, etc.)

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-14-22, 09:34
A good breakdown of the argument that the judge made in the Federal case to keep the ban in place. She is absolutely wrong and seems to have a reading and logic problem.

https://reason.com/2022/12/08/a-federal-judge-suggests-that-oregons-10-round-magazine-limit-does-not-implicate-the-second-amendment/

I think that this is an indication of how the left is going to fight Bruen. Completely ignoring the Bruen text and logic and doing what they want anyways. A fundamental misunderstanding of the ruling that SCOTUS made.

Frankly, I wish that they would pass a national AWB and mag limit so that this would go straight to SCOTUS for once and for all. Those of us in blue states with bad laws can't wait- and the rest of the country can't wait on the chance that Thomas stays alive and Robert's doesn't buddy-fudge us. They don't have to 'overturn' Bruen. In their twisted logic they can use Bruen to EXPAND gun control. Time is not on our side, and I'm sick and tired of lefty decisions being sweeping and never pushed back on while they subvert the constitution and the english language to deny me my rights.

AKjeff
12-14-22, 11:40
The progressives and control freaks are never going to stop trying to take away firearms.
For some reason they think they have the right to tell others how to live, they are like children that don't understand that no means no.

A way needs to be found to make it hurt when they try to implement illegal, unconstitutional laws.

Diamondback
12-14-22, 12:59
The progressives and control freaks are never going to stop trying to take away firearms.
For some reason they think they have the right to tell others how to live, they are like children that don't understand that no means no.

A way needs to be found to make it hurt when they try to implement illegal, unconstitutional laws.

Constitutional Amendment: "Upon any law or regulation, or part thereof, being found Unconstitutional, the individual legislators or bureaucrats who voted for or otherwise approved that law/reg/part thereof shall be personally liable for any and all damages caused to any citizen by it with Treble Punitives."

Personally i think we need a dedicated Constitutional Court whose sole purpose is aggressively rooting out unconstitutional laws and regs and striking them down, kind of a shortcut where ConCourt has original jurisdiction then appeals from it go straight to SCOTUS bypassing District/Circuit.

AKjeff
12-14-22, 14:47
I like the sound of that.

One question, if a Citizen is killed by an enforcement agency that is trying to enforce a law found to be Unconstitutional, what would the Treble Punitives be for the law makers?

I have no problem with an extreme answer to that question.
I believe the Citizens elected representatives, the law makers, should be willing to stand behind the laws if they really think they're necessary.

Diamondback
12-14-22, 15:04
Jeff, this would be civil-lawsuit. Standard "actual for Wrongful Death plus 3x Punitive." Much as I believe one shouldn't perform words/deeds one wouldn't back up to the last full measure... though I also wouldn't mind introducing or sponsoring such a bill/reg being considered "treason against the Constitution" and criminally prosecuted accordingly.

flenna
12-14-22, 17:57
A good breakdown of the argument that the judge made in the Federal case to keep the ban in place. She is absolutely wrong and seems to have a reading and logic problem.

https://reason.com/2022/12/08/a-federal-judge-suggests-that-oregons-10-round-magazine-limit-does-not-implicate-the-second-amendment/

I think that this is an indication of how the left is going to fight Bruen. Completely ignoring the Bruen text and logic and doing what they want anyways. A fundamental misunderstanding of the ruling that SCOTUS made.

Frankly, I wish that they would pass a national AWB and mag limit so that this would go straight to SCOTUS for once and for all. Those of us in blue states with bad laws can't wait- and the rest of the country can't wait on the chance that Thomas stays alive and Robert's doesn't buddy-fudge us. They don't have to 'overturn' Bruen. In their twisted logic they can use Bruen to EXPAND gun control. Time is not on our side, and I'm sick and tired of lefty decisions being sweeping and never pushed back on while they subvert the constitution and the english language to deny me my rights.

I don’t. I don’t have faith that the SC will make the correct constitutional decision on anything, I don’t care who is sitting on it. But you are correct, Bruen means absolutely nothing as there is no rule of law in this country anymore. The rule of law only applies to us suckers on the Right who follow it.

Todd.K
12-14-22, 18:52
I would apply all “regulations” and gun ban logic to voting.

You can’t vote without govt photo ID. The address better be current or you will have to come back after your ID is updated.

After that you can get a ballot, but it’s a $200 tax for the pen if you want to fill it out.

Don’t forget to pay for your “ballot carry permit” if you want to carry it to the drop box.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-14-22, 19:53
I would apply all “regulations” and gun ban logic to voting.

You can’t vote without govt photo ID. The address better be current or you will have to come back after your ID is updated.

After that you can get a ballot, but it’s a $200 tax for the pen if you want to fill it out.

Don’t forget to pay for your “ballot carry permit” if you want to carry it to the drop box.

Have people have to pass the US citizenship test that we give to immigrants to vote…. Let the hilarity begin.

Diamondback
12-14-22, 19:54
Have people have to pass the US citizenship test that we give to immigrants to vote…. Let the hilarity begin.

I've long advocated exactly that, in fact make the Citizenship Exam the final for every HS Civics class.

titsonritz
12-14-22, 20:02
The TRO filed by GOA in Harney County has been upheld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Uo0jGgNa4

jsbhike
12-14-22, 20:52
I like the sound of that.

One question, if a Citizen is killed by an enforcement agency that is trying to enforce a law found to be Unconstitutional, what would the Treble Punitives be for the law makers?

I have no problem with an extreme answer to that question.
I believe the Citizens elected representatives, the law makers, should be willing to stand behind the laws if they really think they're necessary.

Already on the books.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/241

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-15-22, 01:49
I don’t. I don’t have faith that the SC will make the correct constitutional decision on anything, I don’t care who is sitting on it. But you are correct, Bruen means absolutely nothing as there is no rule of law in this country anymore. The rule of law only applies to us suckers on the Right who follow it.

I know what you mean, but it is just a matter of time before more and more states pass it or the DEms get their FED game in order. Like I said, so much of the population lives under these laws already and the court isn't going to get any better for us. And it seems that Thomas is in the stop-screwing-around mode on this and as we see, no matter what clear language there is in decisions, the leftist judges will always just rule the way they want. We need strong, concise, clear rulings NOW.

gaijin
12-15-22, 11:11
The TRO filed by GOA in Harney County has been upheld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Uo0jGgNa4

Encouraging Tits. Sending good vibes on this one.

Krazykarl
12-17-22, 05:05
Having grew up in Oregon, lived in Burns for 9 years (Harney county), and personally known Rob and his family, I am surprised on his ruling. Rob is a Democrat. Always has been. However, he is also living in a state where a Democrat is weighed against the socialists found in the Willamette Valley. Rob represents the quality of a man who has selected to live his life in the High Desert where rugged individualism defines the frontier spirit. Burns, Oregon is the only place that I have lived where a 911 call is answered with 2 obvious statements:

1. The nearest LEO is 45 minutes away.
2. Do you own a gun?

God Bless the Honorable Robert Raschio! Keep up the good fight my friend! Your father in law in heaven Jerry, the people of Harney county, and this humble pilgrim in Indiana support you!

P2Vaircrewman
12-21-22, 07:59
Hit them with their own weapon, discrimination.

https://mailchi.mp/6e8bfbe49aaa/press-release-statement-on-oregon-measure-114?e=52535dd818

AndyLate
12-21-22, 08:09

https://mailchi.mp/6e8bfbe49aaa/press-release-statement-on-oregon-measure-114?e=52535dd818

There is no way around two facts - people of color are victims of violent crime at a higher rate than the colorless and the prop will disproportionately affect people of color. Oregon voters are attempting to strip away POCs' ability to defend themselves.

Oregon does not have forearms training facilities in the urban centers of their large cities.

Andy

Diamondback
12-21-22, 09:34

Let the Cannibal Feast begin... playing Leftist groups off each other is always fun, especially since it's what they do to us.