PDA

View Full Version : $129

bigghoss
12-24-08, 18:31
I love pawn shops at the holidays. went in and found this Remington 870 express magnum 12 ga. it has a 25" barrel and came with a removable Remington modified choke tube. and in case you didn't realize I only paid $129 out the door
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/40/l_18c6b5dfc7394577b2d26caaf0c23fff.jpg

I'm planning on getting an 18'' barrel and some accessories for it but I still want to be able to go back to this if I ever get into bird hunting.

I'm not going to add "mall ninja crap" it'll be quality stuff if anything. no ATI junk

Shark
12-24-08, 22:08
Merry Christmas! Nice deal, and very cool. It's most likely 26" vented/ribbed barrel if measured properly. Regardless, you just stole that from the pawn shop! :D Yep, a shorter barrel would be good. Are you going for a magazine extension as well?

M4tographer
12-24-08, 22:42
Good deal! My first 870 was a parkerized Express Magnum I got from a pawn shop for $149 out the door and had wood furniture. Later I'd find out that the metal trigger group in it isn't the same as they have now...and the safety never had that goofy lock BS. Heck, the second one was given to me by a hunting partner for some photo work I did for his guide business. That Special Purpose Magnum has the metal housing as well. :D

And for my first one, that's got a factory 18" barrel (single bead) on it now with a Wilson 2-shell extension and a Vang jumbo head safety. I also put a set of Remington synthetic furniture on and cut the butt down almost 2 inches or so. Gave it around 11.75" LOP. One day I'm going to put a Hogue overmold 'short shot' youth stock set on, maybe a ghost ring sight set. Only other thing on it is a standard 2 point sling. I like my scatterguns simple.

IF you're interested, I've got my original 28" barrel I've cut to about 19" if you like. I'm collecting small M4 parts presently and I'd be glad to trade for it. ;)

bigghoss
12-25-08, 03:10
It's most likely 26" vented/ribbed barrel if measured properly. Are you going for a magazine extension as well?

yeah, I'd never heard of a 25'' and I saw the 26'' on their website but I don't know how they came up with it because I measured from the front of the ejection port which is pretty close to the front of the bolt and it was pretty close to 25"

anywho I'll eventually be getting an 18.5" barrel and a +2 extension for it but since I already have a mossberg security(see my post in the shotgun pics thread) I'm not in a real big hurry. I did see a cool 870 barrel made by mossberg with a built in standoff brake on it. I really doubt I'll ever need a standoff for shooting off locks but it sure looks cool. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to set this thing up. either my mossy or the remmy will get an over-the-top build with a mesa tactical high tube ar stock kit and some kind of red dot. it'll probably be the mossy because it only has a tiny bead sight and I figure it'll be easier to get decent ghost rings on the remmy.

I'm also thinking about a benelli nova for my KISS shotgun:D
I've got it baaaaad guys. real bad.:rolleyes: