PDA

View Full Version : Stern Defense RABAD Quick Detach Stock Adapter

WillBrink
11-12-22, 09:09
That's pretty darn promising if it does not impact reliability and is robustly built:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbMEIef2oxY

https://getstern.com/rab-ad-rapid-attach-buttstock-adapter-coming-soon/

Buckaroo
11-12-22, 11:01
Really reasonable price as well
I'm in for a trial

Disciple
11-12-22, 14:10
All of these added length with spacer designs appear suboptimal to me. I would rather see the joining mechanism integrated into the buffer tube itself. There would need to be a method to push the buffer somewhat deeper into the tube and hold it there, to clear the shear line, but otherwise it does not seem like this would be difficult to engineer.

Inkslinger
11-12-22, 14:21
I don’t know, I think the LAW is a better mousetrap. This product seems like something that should have proceeded the LAW in the evolutionary process.

Buckaroo
11-12-22, 14:43
LAW $249.99
RAB-AD $139.99
Makes me interested to see

jackblack73
11-12-22, 22:24
Speaking of LAW, I think they recently released their bufferless BCG.

mark5pt56
11-13-22, 05:45
Speaking of LAW, I think they recently released their bufferless BCG.

No experience with it, those guides look awfully small to me.

https://www.lawtactical.com/ar_internal_carrier_ARIC_p/99367.htm

TMS951
11-18-22, 05:39
Kind of neat.

But honestly it would be awesome it an AR broke down easily in two halfs. Maybe like a split receiver or something? You could use two push pins to hold the two receivers together, super quick and easy to take apart or put together. You know something like that. But maybe I’m being crazy here?

Five_Point_Five_Six
11-18-22, 09:04
Looks like an answer to a question nobody asked.

RHINOWSO
11-19-22, 21:03

Pretty much this.

The current LAW is pretty good and easy to use.

Or just take the upper / lower apart.

Five_Point_Five_Six
11-20-22, 10:05
Pretty much this.

The current LAW is pretty good and easy to use.

Or just take the upper / lower apart.

These are the two best options for transporting or storing an AR. There seems to be no shortage of gun owners who choose to make things harder than they need to be just for the sake of being different.

Stickman
11-20-22, 14:30

It might or might not be, but the idea of pushing the overall design of the AR15 forward is a great thing in my mind.

Five_Point_Five_Six
11-20-22, 15:56
It might or might not be, but the idea of pushing the overall design of the AR15 forward is a great thing in my mind.

Okay, but that's not what this is though.

Stickman
11-20-22, 20:06
Okay, but that's not what this is though.

I think it is possible we are simply looking at this from differing view points.

sgtrock82
11-21-22, 14:52
I don’t know, I think the LAW is a better mousetrap. This product seems like something that should have proceeded the LAW in the evolutionary process.Exactly!

This > This with a dummy cord > LAW folder.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk