PDA

View Full Version : When some guns aren't selling well, or you need to move product...

Slater
11-12-22, 12:16
Got this in my junk mail today. Haven't seen a "buy a gun, get another one free" in some time:

https://i.imgur.com/pvLtlXI.jpg

Coal Dragger
11-12-22, 13:35
LOL.

Buy one pile of dog shit, get another one for FREE!!!!

kerplode
11-12-22, 13:38
My thoughts exactly! :-D

Slater
11-12-22, 16:12
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't an Arex Zero 1 one of the few (maybe the only?) guns to pass the Military Arms Channel's dirt, sand, and mud test?

Coal Dragger
11-12-22, 19:28
Maybe, who cares about that stupid ass channel and the stupid ass tests that clown does?

He can buy all those turds and get a free extra turd. Then cover them all in dirt, jerk off on them until it’s mud, and video some more tests.

kerplode
11-12-22, 19:31
Maybe, who cares about that stupid ass channel and the stupid ass tests that clown does?

He can buy all those turds and get a free extra turd. Then cover them all in dirt, jerk off on them until it’s mud, and video some more tests.

OMG...I laughed so hard it caused a coughing fit and I peed a little. :-D :-D

Dude....

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-12-22, 21:02
Are they turds? They definnately are the relatively unknowns. Frankly, with CNC machines now, I can’t tell from a flier. the mags, the metals, the operating system, the tolerances. I have no idea, but that sure doesn’t make me want to buy one- especially at any price. Ammo is so expensive now, does it make any sense to save even $100 bucks on a gun versus something that has gone bang for decades?

SteyrAUG
11-12-22, 22:10

If you are talking about YT channels in general, completely agree. But MAC is one of the few that tries to be credible. I've seen him destroy firearms and I don't think he is getting "freebies" beyond a T&E model. Back in the days of gun rags, most places would send you an evaluation model, but if you wanted to keep it...you had to buy it.

I'm a MIL/LE supplier who potentially could make a sale for entire departments and nobody was giving me free guns. It took some doing to simply get post samples because most manufacturers want to deal direct with end users.

hotbiggun42
11-12-22, 22:20
Those pistols any good?

OhThatGuy
11-13-22, 04:50
Guns aren’t moving right now. Prices are coming down fast. I’ve been getting great deals on gunbroker but I have a hunch they’ll all be worth even less in 6 months.

flenna
11-13-22, 07:40
Guns aren’t moving right now. Prices are coming down fast. I e been getting great deals on gunbroker but I have a hunch they’ll all be worth even less in 6 months.

My LGS’ walls are slammed full of ARs, shotguns, you name it and the pistol cases are full, too. They are getting lots of used guns (I bought a “used” G43 with absolutely no wear for $350) which I haven’t seen in over a year and a half. Looks like 2019 in there and prices are getting better.

OutofBatt3ry
11-13-22, 19:58
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't an Arex Zero 1 one of the few (maybe the only?) guns to pass the Military Arms Channel's dirt, sand, and mud test?

you should stop buying guns based on YT vids...just saying.

Slater
11-13-22, 20:09

I've actually done that once, with an HK P30L. Seemed to work out OK.

SteyrAUG
11-13-22, 20:21

But it's ok to use YT channels as news sources. (Not a comment on the person quoted, but lots here doing it).

OhThatGuy
11-14-22, 08:41

In the defense of the other poster, I would just say sometimes we can’t afford to torture test our own guns and that leaves us leaning on the experience of some of these Youtubers who do this sort of thing. it is of limited value but it does give some additional data to consider.

Adrenaline_6
11-14-22, 09:10
You gotta weed through and take some YT videos with a grain of salt. Some are more realistic (high round count - documented cleaning round count, etc, some are click bait (throw guns around, mud tests that are just luck for the particular gun that day since mud can eff any gun up on any given day) and stupidly unreasonable tests that don't apply to the real world.

markm
11-14-22, 10:09

I avoid Youtube gun videos like they're druggies begging outside of Walgreens.

gsd2053
11-14-22, 10:27
List them links to the great deals right in this thread if you got'em