PDA

View Full Version : Carbine Course in New England (Aaron Roberts)

R1pper
12-24-08, 19:09
Im in the procces of setting up a class with Aaron Roberts. I do not have the Specifics of this class yet as I am still speaking with Aaron about those. Right now the Class will be held in July (Not the Fourth) and will be two and a half days. I do not have a cost as of yet but I do not think (I use this loosely) that it will be over $400. I think we will be at about $300-350 each depending on how many attend. The more attend the cheaper it will be, but there is a limit of 12.

So far the break down will be as such.
TD1 (Half Day) Zeroing and Gear Check and Classroom
TD2 (Full Day) Pistol work
TD3 (Full Day) Carbine Work w/ some pistol (for transitions)

This is just preliminary as of now. Aaron will be fowarding me an actual syllabus for the whole course in about a week.

Please feel free to PM, Or Email. I am very excited to be setting this up and I am extremely hopefull we can get this to take place as attendance is paramount. If it becomes a neccasity I will post my Cell number for people who are expressing interest.

-DM-

R1pper
12-27-08, 20:54
Right now the tentative date is June 13-14

-DM-

30 cal slut
12-28-08, 05:39
don't think i can make this one (got a class the week before) but i would be curious as hell to see where you host it. good luck!

-slut

Cold Zero
12-28-08, 08:10
CT. and MA. are reciporical with very few states.

R1pper
12-28-08, 08:46
don't think i can make this one (got a class the week before) but i would be curious as hell to see where you host it. good luck!

-slut

The two possibile ranges are Westfield Sportsmans Club or the Agawam Revolver club (neither set in stone yet)

CT. and MA. are reciporical with very few states.

As long as you are attending a training class or competition.

-DM-

R1pper
01-02-09, 15:58
Content removed
-DM-

John_Wayne777
01-08-09, 07:29
This should be in the Training Course Announcements and AAR section, so I'll move it there....

R1pper
01-17-09, 10:25
Bump for more interest
-DM-

R1pper
01-27-09, 17:41
I just revieved an email from Aaron regarding a preliminary syllabus for the class. As of right now the class is scheduled for two and a half days. Aaron is suggesting that we change it to a three day course. Please chime in (those of you that are interested) on whether or not a 3 day course is doable. I do not have a date set but it will be some time in july.

Here is the Syllabus (Note that it will change slightly if the course gets bumped to three days)

1st half day
Meeting with discussion on:
Safety
Gear selection (slings, optics, etc.)
Fundamentals of Marksmanship
Ready positions
Mounted position
Putting the weapon (brain) and the tool (firearm) into the fight / Fighting Mindset

1st full day- Pistol
-Quick review of fundamentals, especially Grip and Scan
-slow fire / close range
-Tac loads
-multiple shots (slow splits) focused on accuracy / multiple targets ( how these are the same thing, but different)
-ready positions (how the mounted position the way I teach you to think of it will start to put the weapon in the right place regardless of where the target is)
-Draw
-Partner reset drills
-Both eyes open
-Count drill (start to shoot aggressively / not out of control) you will see one of the things I am big on is being in control of what is happening
-Verbal Commands when necessary
-Simple movement vs. Complex movement to and from target as well as laterally(box drill)
-Teuller drill
-Diagnostic
-Competition drill
-Reloads
-Malfunctions
-Shooting positions
-Barricades / Cover
-Strong / Weak hand (shooting, drawing, reloads, malfunctions)
-3 places of natural body armor and how to attack them

2nd full day-Carbine
-Quick review of fundamentals as pertaining to the Carbine
-Mounted position
-Ready positions
-Bore sight relationship
-singles / multiples
-Tac loads
-count drill
-reloads
-malfunctions
-shooting positions
-barricades / cover
-shooting on the move
-distance as much as possible
-transitions
-diagnostic

Please privde me with some input as I would love to get enough people to attend

-DM-

codman
02-01-09, 08:44
DM,

Im interested as this is something ive looking into finding. I want to do the shoot/matches like that set up with the barricades and structures. You got my cell let me know when this will happen.

WillBrink
02-11-09, 08:28
I just revieved an email from Aaron regarding a preliminary syllabus for the class. As of right now the class is scheduled for two and a half days. Aaron is suggesting that we change it to a three day course. Please chime in (those of you that are interested) on whether or not a 3 day course is doable. I do not have a date set but it will be some time in july.

Here is the Syllabus (Note that it will change slightly if the course gets bumped to three days)

Please privde me with some input as I would love to get enough people to attend

-DM-

Have you decided on the location yet? The club in Harvard MA is a great club and big.

R1pper
02-11-09, 08:56
Have you decided on the location yet? The club in Harvard MA is a great club and big.

Do you have any contacts there? I am running into issue locally

-DM-

WillBrink
02-11-09, 09:01
Do you have any contacts there? I am running into issue locally

-DM-

The club URL is:

http://www.harvardsportsmansclub.com/index.html

My contacts are a little indirect, but should get you where you need to go. The guys at Metro West Tactical do all their IDPA out of Harvard. Tell them I sent you:

http://www.metrowesttactical.com/

If you end up using Harvard, I expect a course discount! :D

WillBrink
05-24-10, 13:19
Sit rep on the above? :cool:

edmorseiii
05-31-10, 12:23
Interested as well...