PDA

View Full Version : Perfect example of flight or fight on this one.

1_click_off
11-15-22, 12:08
https://vimeo.com/770240421/4f23d42d31?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

Dude come into rehab facility with AR, unarmed guard tries climbing the walls first and then kicks it into fight mode.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-shows-unarmed-guard-preventing-161807129.html

Disciple
11-15-22, 14:36
I would love to hear what was said while they were grappling.

joedirt199
11-15-22, 15:12
One dummy didn't even put down his clipboard. Gonna sign him up for an open bed after they settle things down.

1_click_off
11-15-22, 15:49
1. What was so damn important he had to hand to the receptionist before engaging the perp.

2. I am at a loss over the clipboard. That is the time you empty hands and engage unless what you have in your hands can be used as a weapon.

3. I hope all involved watch the video and realize just how lucky they were to have an ill-prepared attacker.

Disciple
11-15-22, 17:12
1. What was so damn important he had to hand to the receptionist before engaging the perp.

I did not see him hand off anything. To me it looks like he was reaching for something but did not get it.

1_click_off
11-15-22, 17:24
I did not see him hand off anything. To me it looks like he was reaching for something but did not get it.

Your right about no hand off. I watched it some more and to me it appears he was about to go through the window and then decided that he didn’t want to get shot in the back.

Jellybean
11-15-22, 18:31
F@#K THE CLIPBOARD!
Holy shit... :laugh:

I'd love to know if 1) the first shot was intentional or an ND, and 2)what was said during the scuffle.

m1a_scoutguy
11-15-22, 18:40
I think he thought about bailing then said screw it, the only thing in his hands was his gloves, then he decided if I was going down it's not without a fight, good for him! The two guys that came through the door must have said WTF, one guy helped the other pussied out & bailed!

lowprone
11-15-22, 22:33
If it was a Russian clipboard it would have a razor edge on one or more sides !

Sam
11-16-22, 06:10
Be aware that there are two individuals other than the assailant.

1. The first individual standing at the check in window did NOT have a clipboard. That's the one people referred to as the "flight or fight" person.
2. The clipboard belonged to a different person that came out of the back to "help". He held on to the clipboard for dear life. It's simply a sign of unpreparedness, unaware of the grave situation, basically a deer in the headlight/frozen. He wasn't there to pummel the rifle guy, he was there to "please stop or i'll beg you to stop again".

1_click_off
11-16-22, 10:37
Be aware that there are two individuals other than the assailant.

1. The first individual standing at the check in window did NOT have a clipboard. That's the one people referred to as the "flight or fight" person.
2. The clipboard belonged to a different person that came out of the back to "help". He held on to the clipboard for dear life. It's simply a sign of unpreparedness, unaware of the grave situation, basically a deer in the headlight/frozen. He wasn't there to pummel the rifle guy, he was there to "please stop or i'll beg you to stop again".

Spot on with clipboard guy. Didn’t think of it like that. Good insight.