PDA

View Full Version : Who will Trump pick as his VP

gsd2053
11-15-22, 22:41
I actually think it will be Desantis.

Rogue556
11-15-22, 23:13
I hear Kari Lake doesn't have anything in her schedule.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
11-16-22, 00:50
Would Trump accept a VP position? Would Trump as VP poison the ticket or help it?

titsonritz
11-16-22, 04:05
Would Trump accept a VP position? Would Trump as VP poison the ticket or help it?

I have thought and wondered the same two things. Probably not, his ego wouldn't let him. I guess that would depend on who you're talking to.

yoni
11-16-22, 05:13
Based on Ted Cruz calling out cocaine Mitch for pulling funding out of races he didn't like I have changed my mind on Trump.

The Republicans are more F'ed than I thought, they don't care about winning.

So I support Trump as flawed as he is, it is the best way that I can register my loaning of the Republican establishment.

chuckman
11-16-22, 07:19
He's got to make it that far, through the primaries. I am not convinced he can if Desantis runs.

markm
11-16-22, 07:49
The entire "machine" is against him. And although the only candidate who has a sliver of desire to take care of America's best interest, he will never get elected with the Fraud machine they now have in place.

Averageman
11-16-22, 08:02

I'm telling you Trump would make the perfect Secretary of State.
That dud will negotiate, bribe, back channel talk sh*+, or whatever else it takes to get people to do the things he needs to be done. Remember Trump talking to NATO shaming a half dozen Nato Countries?

Edit to add Kari Lake will be his choice, she is the female Trump.

SomeOtherGuy
11-16-22, 08:48
Trump needs to go away and shut up. I say this having voted for him twice. What he said in 2015-16 was revolutionary, and what he did in his first two years was decent. Then it came to a crashing halt. Yeah, he was under false investigation the whole time and lost Congress in 2018, but he failed to do even a third of what he should have done, and promised to do, with the two years when he had a Republican House.

At this point Trump's legacy is just a few things:
-a lot of good judges appointed and confirmed
-the core Democrat party revealed as the shrieking idiots and/or demons that they are
-The USA banana-republic status fully revealed for all to see; in particular the corruption of the federal "legal" system is on display
-the Republican party is basically in a civil war and hollowed out
-He stood by and did nothing while Fauci and the deep state implemented an Orwellian nightmare under the massively exaggerated guise of a pandemic (what's that death rate again?), and most importantly has permanently destroyed election integrity in a lot of swing states, mine included.

Beyond that, Trump always was an egotist, grifter and con man, and reverted back to being all that and little else since the 2020 election debacle.

I don't see any great candidates right now, but Desantis looks better than most, and electable. Trump is not realistically electable, even against the shell of "Biden." I'm involved in grassroots politics and half or more of Trump's former base feels about the same as I just described.

Adrenaline_6
11-16-22, 09:50
I like what Trump did too and I voted for him twice. What he is doing now is dividing the conservatives into an absolutely no win situation. He keeps up the way he is going, and the Dems will be in office for a long time. Too many never Trumpers on the swing vote.

Knowing his egotism, he just might run 3rd party if he doesn't get the nomination. This will eff us all.

Straight Shooter
11-16-22, 10:46
I like what Trump did too and I voted for him twice. What he is doing now is dividing the conservatives into an absolutely no win situation. He keeps up the way he is going, and the Dems will be in office for a long time. Too many never Trumpers on the swing vote.

Knowing his egotism, he just might run 3rd party if he doesn't get the nomination. This will eff us all.

I agree 100%. And FOUR YEARS OUT? Lord knows how things will be then. So much will happen between now & then, its just ridiculous to me he announced so far out.

kerplode
11-16-22, 11:55
You know, at this point, **** Trump and the whores he rode in on.

He's unelectable and his continued egotistical rampage is only going to ensure actual electable republicans are kept off the ballot.

Now that he's running, might as well just begin readying our collective anuses for Newsom come Jan 2025.

georgeib
11-16-22, 12:28
My prediction? Trump will try to pick himself as his VP... and when he's told that he can't do that, he'll pick another family member, maybe Ivanka. Or he'll probably pick some total yes man like Hershel Walker. Either way, Trump's chances of securing the nomination, let alone the WH are less likely than skinny jeans fitting Rosie O'Donnell.

kerplode
11-16-22, 12:34
My prediction? Trump will try to pick himself as his VP... and when he's told that he can't do that, he'll pick another family member, maybe Ivanka. Or he'll probably pick some total yes man like Hershel Walker. Either way, Trump's chances of securing the nomination, let alone the WH are less likely than skinny jeans fitting Rosie O'Donnell.

Oh he'll get the nomination...The Dems will absolutely make sure of that.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-16-22, 12:35

Crap, I was coming to here to post just that….

Surprised that he hasn’t been crowned Ms America or what ever scholarship program for girls he was involved in.

Pacific5th
11-16-22, 12:38
I will be a yes man, I can guarantee that

odugrad
11-16-22, 12:56
Desantis 2024!!!

SteyrAUG
11-16-22, 15:37

I would vote for Ivanka, just to watch the aneurysms.

glocktogo
11-16-22, 16:07
Oh he'll get the nomination...The Dems will absolutely make sure of that.

Maybe they’ll get Bankman-Fried to fund Trump’s entire campaign! ;)

utahjeepr
11-16-22, 16:41
If one considers the joke about VPs being chosen as a hedge against assassination it certainly begs the question. "Who does the left fear/despise more than Trump?" I mean one look at Kumswalla makes me think "Long live Joe!" So who does the left think is "worse" than Trump?

I got nothing.

hotbiggun42
11-16-22, 17:32
Desantis

ABNAK
11-16-22, 17:58
Don't you have to win the primary first in order to pick a VP?

To wit: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?237153-Republican-2024-primary-picks&highlight=

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-16-22, 18:27
If one considers the joke about VPs being chosen as a hedge against assassination it certainly begs the question. "Who does the left fear/despise more than Trump?" I mean one look at Kumswalla makes me think "Long live Joe!" So who does the left think is "worse" than Trump?

I got nothing.

Kan-ye?

RHINOWSO
11-16-22, 18:44
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages%2F4ec9a7eaa1922df78f9cc67211cad701%2Fraw&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=71faa82a4b02d4adc3e5d9f6bb7099554bb09de5355bbb97449d7afb824fba9c&ipo=images

henri
11-16-22, 19:04
Voted for Trump twice, but now he is just too old to be president. Desantis would get my vote as well as my friends, family, neighbors, and then some! BUT, would rather keep him in Florida for the next 4 yrs.

SteyrAUG
11-16-22, 19:47
Kan-ye?

That Kanye was actually on the ballot (not a write in opportunity) is an indictment of our entire political system. Might have to return to voting for Christy Canyon.

Sam
11-16-22, 20:32
. Might have to return to voting for Christy Canyon.

LOL , that's a name I haven't heard in a while.

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-16-22, 21:06
Jesus I hope he does so poorly early on he has a fakehealth scare and bails out but his ego probably won't allow it. He will burn us all down before he will admit defeat. I think Dylan Mulvaney should be his VP.

glocktogo
11-17-22, 00:31
That Kanye was actually on the ballot (not a write in opportunity) is an indictment of our entire political system. Might have to return to voting for Christy Canyon.

At least she knows how hard things can get!

AKDoug
11-17-22, 09:48
He's going to pick Tulsi. It's all lining up. Then what are the Trump nut huggers going to do?

Harpoon
11-17-22, 11:01
Lauren Boebert

https://fivethirtyeight.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/GettyImages-1430544867-4x3-1.jpg?w=916

kerplode
11-17-22, 12:01
Lauren Boebert

Yeah, she's fixing to have plenty of free time...

tn1911
11-18-22, 09:34
Trump is an idiot who needs to go. Y’all really want this imbecile back in the White House?

Trump tweeted an image from a spy satellite, declassified document shows

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/18/1137474748/trump-tweeted-an-image-from-a-spy-satellite-declassified-document-shows

Three years ago, Donald Trump tweeted an image that left intelligence experts gobsmacked.

The picture was of a rocket that had exploded on a launch pad deep inside of Iran. It was so crisp, that some initially thought it may not have been taken by a satellite.

"This picture is so exquisite, and you see so much detail," says Jeffrey Lewis, who studies satellite imagery at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey. "At first, I thought it must have been taken by a drone or something."

But aerospace experts quickly determined it was photographed using one of America's most prized intelligence assets: a classified spacecraft called USA 224 that is widely believed to be a multibillion-dollar KH-11 reconnaissance satellite.

According to reports, Trump first saw the image as part of a daily intelligence briefing on the morning after the Iranian launch failure. In the most complete account of what happened next, published last year by Yahoo! News, President Trump asked to keep a copy of the photo, which was from a KH-11 series satellite. An hour later, he sent it out to more than 60 million followers on Twitter.

ryr8828
11-18-22, 13:12

I don't think she is.

tn1911
11-18-22, 13:35
Attorney General Merrick Garland names Jack Smith special counsel in Trump criminal probes

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/18/attorney-general-merrick-garland-to-name-special-counsel-in-trump-criminal-probe-report-says.html

U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland on Friday named former federal prosecutor Jack Smith as special counsel for two pending criminal investigations by the Department of Justice of former President Donald Trump.

Smith’s appointment came three days after Trump announced plans to run for president in 2024. The Republican faces multiple criminal investigations.

Smith is the former chief prosecutor for the special court in The Hague, where he investigated war crimes

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-doj-investigation-special-counsel-11-18-22/index.html

Hopefully between this and all the big money republican donors fleeing his campaign to get a democrat re-elected in 2024 will fade away.

chuckman
11-18-22, 14:06
What Trump should do is bow out and throw his support behind the party as a whole, and DeSantis specifically. But we know he won't.

gsd2053
11-18-22, 14:20
What Trump should do is bow out and throw his support behind the party as a whole, and DeSantis specifically. But we know he won't.

Like I said. I like DeSantis and will support either if they win the primaries.

Why, until DeSantis wins the primary. DeSantis hasn't even announced himself as a candidate yet.

Do you think every other would be candidate should automatically anounce they will not run and throw their support behind DeSantis. Even before he ever announces his candidacy? Because he is the favorite of some guys on a gun forum?

Sounds like a pipe dream to me.

ETA
Why do some here feel threatened by Trump running?

tn1911
11-18-22, 14:30

All he’s going to accomplish in 2024 is getting more democrats elected to Congress and secure Joe and the Ho second term. He’s not getting the Republican nomination so all that’s left is him running third party and Ross Perot’ing the shit out of this election.

chuckman
11-18-22, 14:34
Like I said. I like DeSantis and will support either if they win the primaries.

Why, until DeSantis wins the primary. DeSantis hasn't even announced himself as a candidate yet.

Do you think every other would be candidate should automatically anounce they will not run and throw their support behind DeSantis. Even before he ever announces his candidacy? Because he is the favorite of some guys on a gun forum?

Sounds like a pipe dream to me.

ETA

You are right, we don't know that DeSantis is running.

'Every other candidate' is not subject to nine (? I think) legal investigations and about to have the full weight of money and resources of a special prosecutor.

I don't know why people are threatened (weird word, but OK) by Trump. I just don't think he is as electable as some others; especially DeSantis (should he run). But he should support whoever the frontrunner is and not run. 2016 he was a novelty. 2020 he was a threat. Now he is liability to the party.

If he makes it through the primary season, and if he makes it through the special prosecutor's investigation, and if he makes it to the convention and into the general I will vote for him. But that's a whole lotta "ifs".

Harpoon
11-18-22, 14:36

She just won. Today her opponent conceded.

gsd2053
11-18-22, 14:50

Thank the Lord!
I love that hot little fire cracker!

tn1911
11-18-22, 18:37
Kari Lake travels to Mar-a-Lago, fresh off projected loss in Arizona

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kari-lake-travels-to-mar-a-lago-fresh-off-projected-loss-in-arizona/ar-AA14eCKF

Lake was frequently discussed as a potential vice-presidential pick for Trump

Well she’s a Illinois democrat turned republican, so she’d make a fine VP for trump a NY democrat turned republican...

kerplode
11-18-22, 19:34

Interesting...Didn't look like it was going to turn out that way.

glocktogo
11-18-22, 23:47
Trump is an idiot who needs to go. Y’all really want this imbecile back in the White House?

Trump tweeted an image from a spy satellite, declassified document shows

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/18/1137474748/trump-tweeted-an-image-from-a-spy-satellite-declassified-document-shows

Uhh, you do know that KH-11’s have been deployed for 46 years now, and no one is surprised by their resolution? You can find any number of KH-11 photos online right now, and I don’t think Iran would be shocked to know that we know they lost a missile on the pad.

Attorney General Merrick Garland names Jack Smith special counsel in Trump criminal probes

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/18/attorney-general-merrick-garland-to-name-special-counsel-in-trump-criminal-probe-report-says.html

Smith is the former chief prosecutor for the special court in The Hague, where he investigated war crimes

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-doj-investigation-special-counsel-11-18-22/index.html

Hopefully between this and all the big money republican donors fleeing his campaign to get a democrat re-elected in 2024 will fade away.

Huh! Funny how Garland announces Special Counsel just days after Trump announced his 2024 run! Coincidence? I think the real question is whether they can waste as many taxpayer dollars chasing “Muh tRump Ruined Secrecy!” over documents as they did “Muh Trump Russian Collusion!!!”? Can they keep this new pay for play scam running a full 2 years?

Keep in mind I don’t want Trump running either. BUT, I prefer to hold the XXL side of TDS to go with it! ;)