PDA

View Full Version : Mobile anti drone guns

WillBrink
11-16-22, 10:43
Cool tech to counter modern threats being used to great effect in Ukraine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YAHK9rDd9c

Harpoon
11-16-22, 15:13
After watching what drones can do in the war in Ukraine, it's probably a good idea to come up with a defense against them.
I wonder if a Javelin missile team could use small cheap quadcopter drones for bait to lure those armored vehicles into giving up their location so they can be attacked?

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-16-22, 18:49
You swarm at the target, not at a safe distance, in formation, sitting still.

I mean, cool gun. Better then nothing. I'm surprised that we haven't seen more true swarm weapons.

SteyrAUG
11-17-22, 00:24
You swarm at the target, not at a safe distance, in formation, sitting still.

I mean, cool gun. Better then nothing. I'm surprised that we haven't seen more true swarm weapons.

This is just the current version of submarine warfare. You get countermeasures, wolf packs, more countermeasures, enigma, more countermeasures.

I suppose 10 of these vehicles in a dispersed pattern with real time tracking could handle some swarms, but it is interesting that they've come up with a radar tracking gun defense rather than trying to interrupt the signal. I guess burst radio transmission is still effective.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-17-22, 11:50
I think that this is just a repurpose of anti-(slow) air gear? Where the shells fuse is set at the muzzle to explode at a certian distance. For anti-helo originally.