PDA

View Full Version : Rings Of Power

WillBrink
11-17-22, 11:01
Go woke, go broke. When will they learn?

I wanted to like it, I didn't make it past E4. How anyone could green light that garbage, tells us how clueless they are about what makes a good series. I have seen every LOR movie multiple times, read the books as a kid dozen times at least, etc etc, so a dedicated fan of LOR. I tried my best to like the series, the wokeness, poor writing, annoying characters, etc prevent it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTecTGOo4Zo

Stickman
11-17-22, 11:26
From what I've read, the robbed, stole, swindled and hemorrhaged massive amounts of money into that "thing of a production". I guess my question is whether they have learned the public isn't interested in their wokeness....?

georgeib
11-17-22, 14:41
Maybe I'm not as sensitive to wokeness as I think I am. Could someone give me a synopsis of what was woke about the show? The only thing I noticed, and quickly ignored, was that all the "good guy" leaders were women. Mildly irritating, but not enough to ruin the story.

kirkland
11-17-22, 14:45
They sunk a billion dollars into this steaming pile.

titsonritz
11-17-22, 15:53
They sunk a billion dollars into this steaming pile.

They should double down.

Jellybean
11-17-22, 17:16
They should double down.

I mean... I hear rumors there is a season 2 in the works already so...
Please Amazon, make my day! :laugh:

I wish someone would give me a billion bucks to make a show. I guaran-DAMN-tee I, a nobody with zero directing experience, could do better than about 80% of what hollywood has crapped out over the last couple years.

JediGuy
11-17-22, 19:26
Maybe I'm not as sensitive to wokeness as I think I am. Could someone give me a synopsis of what was woke about the show? The only thing I noticed, and quickly ignored, was that all the "good guy" leaders were women. Mildly irritating, but not enough to ruin the story.

Non-white elves and dwarves plus Numenorean is I believe what still has some people riled.

For Will, it actually does finish OK. I wasn’t upset that I kept watching. It isn’t amazing film, really, but not horrific. The *halfling* storyline is the most annoying, but you can probably guess why it is there.

El Vaquero
11-17-22, 20:24
Hollywood in general needs to learn fans don’t want wokeness. This past summers Thor-Love and Thunder was full of wokeness and it sucked. Hopefully Hollywood gets the hint. They only listen when it hits them in profits though.