PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Pelosi will be stepping down.

Gabriel556
11-17-22, 12:57
Hitting news now, this is from The Hill. Will be interesting to see what direction they go. AOC?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3739693-pelosi-steps-down-as-house-democratic-leader/amp/

The Nancy Pelosi era has come to an end.

After leading the Democrats for the last two decades, the House Speaker announced Thursday that she will step down next year from her spot at the top of the party, closing a momentous run for the most powerful woman in U.S. history while clearing the way for a younger generation of up-and-coming lawmakers to climb into the leadership ranks.

chuckman
11-17-22, 13:02
Three possible picks are Hoyer, Schiff, and Hakeem Jeffries.

I don't think AOC or "squad" have a chance.

SomeOtherGuy
11-17-22, 13:11
Q was right! Military tribunals! Just two more weeks!

/sarc

But she has to give up her hundreds of millions $$$ in ill-gotten insider trading gains, right?

ap1220
11-17-22, 13:23
Q was right! Military tribunals! Just two more weeks!

/sarc

But she has to give up her hundreds of millions $$$ in ill-gotten insider trading gains, right?

Nah, she'll still finish out her term to make sure those are good.

utahjeepr
11-17-22, 13:41
I would expect "establishment" picks. Like Hoyer for Minority Leader and Schiff for whip, just as an example. Squad bomb throwers are good for theatrics (like Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee, et al before them) but don't do the work of making the party function.

ETA: Hoyer says he's out.

Gabriel556
11-17-22, 13:48
I think they will go for broke and not install anyone that resembles a male human. It will be about empowering women of color. If they don’t, there will be riots (that they want) in the streets because they couldn’t find another woman to do the job.

gsd2053
11-17-22, 15:46
Good Bitch be gone!

Baldness
11-17-22, 17:12
Roll up your tits and hit the road Nancy

ABNAK
11-17-22, 17:44
She won't be "stepping down" as speaker.......she's being fvcking REPLACED.

GTFO Nancy!

SilverBullet432
11-17-22, 20:49
Unfortunately her replacement will be 10x worse and will be there for life as well…

Ned Christiansen
11-17-22, 21:25
Now this is a wild-assed prediction here, I'm really sticking my neck out..... don't you guys come back on me all harsh and everything, but:

The new Speaker of the House, during the next State of the Nation, will not roll eyes, make faces, and mouth silent sarcasms, behind the president's back, like a spoiled-rotten thirteen-year-old. The new Speaker will not tear up the president's speech when the speech is over like a petulent child.

AndyLate
11-18-22, 07:41
Now this is a wild-assed prediction here, I'm really sticking my neck out..... don't you guys come back on me all harsh and everything, but:

The new Speaker of the House, during the next State of the Nation, will not roll eyes, make faces, and mouth silent sarcasms, behind the president's back, like a spoiled-rotten thirteen-year-old. The new Speaker will not tear up the president's speech when the speech is over like a petulent child.

My prediction is that there will not be state of the union speeches without a supportive congress.

Andy

ABNAK
11-18-22, 20:57

I also predict that the new Speaker will not end up doing jack-shit in the long run. McCarthy is a GOPe guy, but at least he can jam up the Lunatic Left's agenda for two more years. I have ZERO issues starting investigations, just like they did. Maybe even an impeachment. Fvck the Left, it's payback time (at least as much as we can do). Tit for tat.