PDA

View Full Version : JCP, who are the players, and what has been seen so far

shark31
11-20-06, 10:38
I'm not the best at keeping up with this stuff, it goes from being cancelled to becoming an Airforce project, and then yada, yada, yada, I can't keep up! For those of you "in the know", what's the scoop, the strait dope, the nitty gritty?

1.Who (to the best of your knowledge) is developing a pistol for the JCP program?

2. Of those companies, who will be selling the pistols to the general public after SHOT show?

3. Is a threaded barrel still part of the JCP requirements, and if so who will be selling these variants to the public?

Your opinion: Of all the companies that will be selling their submissions (with threaded barrels) after SHOT show, which one are YOU interested in, and why?

Thanks for the help!

Rob96
11-21-06, 04:34
I believe the JCP was shelved. The Air Force is now conducting their own RFI.

SinnFéinM1911
11-21-06, 09:19
He is right. The Air Force is rolling with it now. I think the RFI closed last week. More to come .. Stand by !

shark31
11-21-06, 09:35
Have the requirements changed????:(

The only pictures that I have seen is of the SIG 220 and the FN45(?), and I guess that I was just wondering if any of the companies involved with the original request for the COTS gun would be bringing those varients to market.

BTW, do you have any more pics of that FN45, I'd like to see more! Are there plans in the works for a threaded barrel?

Akoni
11-21-06, 09:49
The only pictures that I have seen is of the SIG 220 and the FN45(?)

What is/was Sig's submission? I just recently saw a 220 SAO that looks like a pretty sweet pistol. Has anyone tried out a 220 SAO, if so what are your thoughts?

SinnFéinM1911
11-21-06, 09:53
I cannoot release them. Sorry :( .. .. And I am sure there are a few other companies going for, but im not sure they want ot be disclosed, so I wont unitl they do.

Business_Casual
11-21-06, 10:15
Does FN do a short-stroke DAO/QA/safe-action type trigger for that pistol? Or any pistol? I hate DA/SA pistols. :mad:

M_P

M4arc
11-21-06, 10:22
While I won't pretend to know all the details it's my understanding that GLOCK is also interested and will produce a G21 sized entry with a smaller grip (the width will be the same but fore-aft will be reduced), ambi-mag release and external safety.

However, it is unclear at this time if they will release this model to the public. I have seen the new and improved magazines that will be backwards compatible with the current crop of G21s.

ETA: Apparently the G21SF is now listed in various distributors inventories...

M4arc
11-21-06, 19:07
Here's one picture: Slim Line G21 (http://www.topglock.com/catalog/SlimLineGlock21.htm)

Dport
11-21-06, 19:32
Looks like we are about to enter a Golden Age for doublestack .45ACP semiautos.

DrMark
11-21-06, 20:52
Looks like we are about to enter a Golden Age for doublestack .45ACP semiautos.

Indeed. Reminds me of the "wondernine" era in the 1980s.

GlockWRX
11-21-06, 21:28
Here's one picture: Slim Line G21 (http://www.topglock.com/catalog/SlimLineGlock21.htm)

Interesting. My main complaint with the G21 was the grip. How much 'slimmer' can the grip get if they have the same magazine capacity and have some interchangeability of the mags?

Regardless, we are entering a golden age for .45s. This new Glock, the S&W M&P .45, SIG SAO, and the HK45 all show great promise.

M4arc
11-21-06, 21:49
Interesting. My main complaint with the G21 was the grip. How much 'slimmer' can the grip get if they have the same magazine capacity and have some interchangeability of the mags?

Regardless, we are entering a golden age for .45s. This new Glock, the S&W M&P .45, SIG SAO, and the HK45 all show great promise.

It's my understanding that the width is the same. The reduced the grip fore and aft only.

shark31
11-22-06, 08:06
Could you post a picture of the new Glock here, my browser won't let me follow the link..........stupid filter.:D

olds442tyguy
11-26-06, 17:54
What is/was Sig's submission?
220 Combat TB.
http://sigarms.com/images/catalog/product/220JCPTB_left_10rd.jpg

I didn't like the look of the 220 Combat at first, but now I think the pistol looks outright mean.

FNP45.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/olds442tyguy/fnp45.jpg

HK45. (First generation top, second generation bottom.)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/olds442tyguy/a13d84c1.jpg

Springfield XD45.
http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/xd-pistol/45acp/gun/RightBlackLargede.jpg

Taurus 24/7 OSS 45.
http://taurususa.com/images/imagesMain/24-7%20OSS.jpg

Beretta PX4-45.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/olds442tyguy/Berettapx45.jpg

There are more that were set to participate, but I don't have pictures.

M4arc
11-26-06, 19:13
Could you post a picture of the new Glock here, my browser won't let me follow the link..........stupid filter.:D

I can but honestly it looks photoshopped to me. I don't think anyone knows what the new Glock looks like or what features/controls it has or doesn't have. I think TopGlock is just trying to stir up a hornets nest.

shark31
11-27-06, 08:39
Thanks M4arc and others!

I have heard about two new pistols that Glock is coming out with, one a G21 with a smaller grip, and the other a G36 with a long slide. I'm looking forward to the new G36 if they do have one in the works. Does anyone actually know what the real facts are, or is it all just BS from the errornet?

M4arc
11-27-06, 09:02
Thanks M4arc and others!

I have heard about two new pistols that Glock is coming out with, one a G21 with a smaller grip, and the other a G36 with a long slide. I'm looking forward to the new G36 if they do have one in the works. Does anyone actually know what the real facts are, or is it all just BS from the errornet?

Until I see one in the store I'd say it's BS.

I've 'heard' the rumors of the two models as well:

1 - G21SF - Based off the G21 with a reduced grip (fore/aft), ambi mag release and full rail. No word on a manual safety. This is suppose to be the gun Glock submits for the JCP/Air Force deal.

2 - Full size G36. Not many details that I would consider worthy but it sounds like a full size G36, single stack, 45 ACP is in some stage of development.

As much as I love Glocks I won't be holding my breath for either of these two models.

Voodoochild
11-27-06, 11:16
I can but honestly it looks photo shopped to me. I don't think anyone knows what the new Glock looks like or what features/controls it has or doesn't have. I think TopGlock is just trying to stir up a hornets nest.

M4arc are you talking about he picture of the Glock that is supposed to be the new 45 one. If so then it is not Photo shopped it is the same pic that is in the Guns&Ammo mag I picked up Saturday at Wal-Mart they gave better details nad specs of it in the mag. If I get a free second tonight I will try and scan the article and post it up here.

They also had a goo article about Heine(Not sure on spelling) 1911's and how he probably wont be making many more due to his age and his health. damn nice pistols but also very expensive...

M4arc
11-27-06, 11:40
M4arc are you talking about he picture of the Glock that is supposed to be the new 45 one. If so then it is not Photo shopped it is the same pic that is in the Guns&Ammo mag I picked up Saturday at Wal-Mart they gave better details nad specs of it in the mag. If I get a free second tonight I will try and scan the article and post it up here.

Maybe Guns & Ammo has a better picture of it but the one on Top Glock looks photoshopped. It would be great if you could scan the article, thanks.

Striker5
11-30-06, 07:55
Call me shallow, but if you run out of ammo with the HK 45 you can show it to the enemy to induce vomiting. The early versions looked cool. I know, it's all about performance, it just really irks me.

Here is a question for Glock aficionados: Will the JCP Glock .45, be designed from the ground up as a .45 and not a milled out 10mm Glock 20, like the 21? That's why I don't like most .40's. You are repackaging a design, not starting from scratch with the design matching the performance envelope. That is why the only Glocks that interest me are 9mm. I would love to see a full size .45 with Glock 17 reliability.

M4arc
11-30-06, 08:41
Here is a question for Glock aficionados: Will the JCP Glock .45, be designed from the ground up as a .45 and not a milled out 10mm Glock 20, like the 21? That's why I don't like most .40's. You are repackaging a design, not starting from scratch with the design matching the performance envelope. That is why the only Glocks that interest me are 9mm. I would love to see a full size .45 with Glock 17 reliability.

By the sounds of things the "G21SF" is still built around the G20/21 platform. Interesting enough the G21, even though it was released before the G20, was originally built for the 10mm and not the 45 ACP.

I agree, the only Glocks that interest me are the 9mms.

shark31
11-30-06, 13:42
Will the GlockSF or the new M&P have a threaded barrel option from the factory? What about the others?:confused:

VA_Dinger
11-30-06, 15:15
Is this the Glock "G21SF" photo everybody is talking about?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/slimline21promo.jpg

M4arc
11-30-06, 15:21
Will the GlockSF or the new M&P have a threaded barrel option from the factory? What about the others?:confused:

I don't think anyone knows at this point.

M4arc
11-30-06, 15:22
Is this the Glock "G21SF" photo everybody is talking about?

Yes, it is.