PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else started their black friday AR parts shopping yet?

DG23
11-21-22, 20:10
Just ordered two AO Precision BCG's and a few standard charging handles to finish a few builds up. Nothing fancy - just plain jane milspec parts but did get an ok price. $193.80 total. No tax and free shipping! :)

Only lacking a single A2 flash hider, an Aero carry handle rear sight (may get 2 of those), and a pair of carbine gas tubes and those uppers are a done deal for me!

You guys finding any good black friday sales? :)

opngrnd
11-21-22, 23:16
It's a toughie. I want to finish a build, but not accidentally start another one.

titsonritz
11-22-22, 00:44
The main thing I want won't go on sale until the 25th.

JediGuy
11-22-22, 05:26
I’ve got whatever random things I need or want in carts at various vendors waiting on sales to start or change.
Really not a lot, I already have more than I need. More soft goods for belt and chest rig, actually. Took a Grey Ghost lower out of my cart at Primary Arms, because “not another extra.”
The only guns I actually am considering are a) PDP with FDE slide (and I’d just sell the uppers I only want the frame) and b) an MKE AP5-P.
I already have extra BCG’s, sights, slings, charging handles, handguards, barrels, small parts, etc.
I’m looking forward to doing more shooting than buying. A move across the country helped that possibility.

TMS951
11-22-22, 05:33
I’ve been watching the prices of ammo drop and want to replace what I’ve shot in the last couple years.

Idk if Black Friday sales will help with ammo. But good 5.56 is back to .45 cents a piece and I’m tempted. Between inflation and material costs I’m not sure it’s going back to 30 cents again.

markm
11-22-22, 07:08
The thought of buying anything AR is foreign to me these days. There's one barrel I'd like to get, but even if given it for free, I wouldn't feel like doing the changeout.

Gunpowder at a non-absurd price, on the other hand, would make me happy.

robbins290
11-22-22, 07:18
Not going to deny it, But I bought a PSA rifle kit. going to make it a coyote hunting rifle out of it, now I am looking for a lower to go on sale.

DG23
11-22-22, 07:54
It's a toughie. I want to finish a build, but not accidentally start another one.

Funny you say that as most of the stuff I am 'finishing' now was originally intended to just be 'spare' parts. :(

Now they are spare complete uppers. :(

DG23
11-22-22, 07:55
I’ve been watching the prices of ammo drop and want to replace what I’ve shot in the last couple years.

Idk if Black Friday sales will help with ammo. But good 5.56 is back to .45 cents a piece and I’m tempted. Between inflation and material costs I’m not sure it’s going back to 30 cents again.

Agree.

Diamondback
11-22-22, 09:57
Waiting to see if I can get better than $260 shipped for a 12.5" Rosco Bloodline Sauce Pack.

glocktogo
11-22-22, 10:35
I've been picking up ammo whenever I see a good sale, mostly 9mm and 300BLK. I've nabbed an upper here, LPK or BCG there. Right now PSA has a NiB Toolcraft BCG for $79.99 and that's a hard deal to pass up, especially when they also have Speer 124gr JHP at .50 a round and up to $50 mail in rebate which makes up to 200 rounds a quarter each.

IALoder
11-23-22, 11:54
Yeah, starting to peruse some sites that have sent emails with black Friday deals. MWI is having a 20% off sale that I'll be getting in on

.45fan
11-23-22, 15:45
I was going to build a .308, but I was in the Harley Davidson shop a couple days ago and bought a $35k tee shirt and got a free bike.

I won't be building much for several months while I refill my wallet

pag23
11-24-22, 05:17
Geiselle Black Friday deal is pending in their site, but I really don't need anything at this time, unless a Super Duty really drops in price...lol

I should have bought one a few years ago when Pappabear got his.

Stickman
11-24-22, 08:03
Not a single link posted..... you guys are slacking!

JediGuy
11-24-22, 08:51
www.defensivemechanisms.com has 25% with no code needed. Grabbed a holster tourniquet mount and a grippy inner belt. They have other cool stuff, that’s just what I wanted.

JediGuy
11-24-22, 08:56
www.ApeDefense.com has a 10% off code. The Flatline Fiber dump pouch is a cool design. Their sling also looks good.

JediGuy
11-24-22, 10:47
“Blemished” Geissele triggers for $158.

https://www.schuylerarmsco.com/november-sale/aftermarket-triggers-993

BobinNC
11-24-22, 11:14
I bought a Microbest Chrome AR15 BCG from AR15Discounts.com to have as a spare. They had a early Black Friday discount sale.

https://ar15discounts.com/products/microbest-c158-hpt-mpi-5-56-bolt-carrier-group-chrome/?ref=isp_rel_prd&isp_ref_pos=1

DG23
11-24-22, 11:50
Not a single link posted..... you guys are slacking!

Was not trying to seem like a shill for any particular place is my excuse.

Got my stuff at AR15discounts.com

(going to shill for them now)

shilled. DEFINITIONS1. to try to persuade other people to buy something or support someone, usually without declaring a personal interest. shill for: They pay academics and scientists to shill for their companies.

https://ar15discounts.com/products/ao-precision-true-mil-spec-sp-hpt-mpi-5-56-bolt-carrier-group/

Good place to do business in my experiences with them. Maybe 7 to 10 purchases over the last 5 years or so? Never any problems.

Order before this one for the carriers was for a few tools. A cheap order that did not qualify for any sort of discounts or free shipping. Was a button for a little customer service chat box thing so I clicked it... Told / typed in the chat box thing that I was ready to check out but was wondering it they had any sort of coupon codes available. Got a 10% off code back in less than a minute. Their price was the lowest I could find online anywhere for those particular brand name tools BEFORE the goofy code and the 10% off. That made an already good deal an awesome deal! :)

More than a few times on orders in the past found short handwritten 'thank you for the purchase' notes somewhere in the boxes. Tells me somebody probably actually checked the box before closing it up and sending it out.

https://i.imgur.com/Yvo6m7j.jpg

Asked them for some stickers this last order.

https://i.imgur.com/gCLv59y.jpg

:)

DoubleW
11-25-22, 09:44
I ordered an 11.5” DDC SD upper, Airborne CH, SD-C trigger and H1 buffer and BCG from Geissele’s generous sale! Upper is going on an SBR’d Colt lower. Should get it all in about 5 weeks, but that’s ok!

Diamondback
11-25-22, 09:48
Thanks to JediGuy bird-dogging a coupon code, scored a 12.5 barrel with pinned lo-pro block from Ballistic Advantage for $120. Combined with a spare-parts BCG, now all I need to do is go get my preferred lower and an A2 flash hider...

Stickman
11-25-22, 13:20
Was not trying to seem like a shill for any particular place is my excuse.

Nah, I don't call that shilling. If someone calls you out for sharing good deals in the Christmas thread, kindly ask them to complain to me. I'm not Staff, but I'll happily tell them I asked you to do it.

For regular posts about good deals, check out my forum which is a bit farther down the page. We have a dedicated thread that stays pretty busy.

Hard to say no to those Geissele prices, I might have to pick one up as a Christmas present for a family member.

hotbiggun42
11-26-22, 14:30
I almost pulled the out the card for a DSG stripped upper. But told myself no more rifles.

BobinNC
11-26-22, 15:04
I almost pulled the out the card for a DSG stripped upper. But told myself no more rifles.

Spendus Interruptus doesn't count.......:o

556Cliff
11-26-22, 15:23
I've not found much that I've needed that has been on sale so far... I got a QMS trigger on the ALG sale price, but I've been waiting for a deal from Cryptic Coatings on BCGs and they haven't done anything yet. Typically they've always done 15% off this time of year.

I need one C7 upper without M4 feed ramps, but carry handle uppers are non existent at this point.

vandal5
11-26-22, 18:45
Waiting to see if I can get better than $260 shipped for a 12.5" Rosco Bloodline Sauce Pack.

I was looking at that and the Hanson barrel too.

I ended up buying some soft gear instead, new belt from Defense Mechanisms, they are doing 25% off, a Roll 1 med pouch, about 20 bucks off and Salomon Toundra boots for 50 bucks off. The boots were a combo of 20% off and another 20 bucks in points from LAPG.

Pretty happy with what I got.

JediGuy
11-26-22, 20:34
Grabbed some cool stuff, including a pistol I have been holding out on. But mostly excited about carbine/rifle classes purchased for 2023.

Pachucko
11-26-22, 21:39
Got a complete 6921 upper from Locked and Loaded for less than $500 shipped. Thought that was a pretty good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondback
11-26-22, 21:51
I was looking at that and the Hanson barrel too.

I ended up buying some soft gear instead, new belt from Defense Mechanisms, they are doing 25% off, a Roll 1 med pouch, about 20 bucks off and Salomon Toundra boots for 50 bucks off. The boots were a combo of 20% off and another 20 bucks in points from LAPG.

Pretty happy with what I got.

Ended up getting a similar barrel with pinned lo-pro block for $120 at Ballistic Advantage, A2 FH from Damage Industries, 10rd "concealment" mags from Midway (AR-Stoner house brand) and Dvor (M3 Pmag), and the bag from Midway. (Kaw Valley 3.25" Magnum linear comp from Dvor too, but that's meant as a "fake can" for a future GL/SSC-ish build.) My FFL has an Aero M4 lower on hold for me--surprisingly no deposit, "Gun Mom" told me "your word's good enough for me, and we kinda like being there to share the moment when you finish a build on our counter." (She likes the ASDW concept for some reason, too.)

This means everything I need to finish the build is on the way, my fastest AR completion thanks in part to a specific bequest from my late aunt even though we're still working out the rest of the estate.

OutofBatt3ry
11-27-22, 05:56
eta...and as I'm reading the posts, I see some things I want quite badly. lol. I need some BCGs.

IALoder
11-27-22, 09:47
With primary arms having G2S triggers for $90, and a super charging handle from Geissele being $63.... It's awful hard not to buy some stuff!

hoopharted
11-27-22, 09:57
ive been buying pats for 2 builds for a couple months , on sale and with coupons , picked up a good bit during the Black Friday , im close enough that when the Christmas sales start i can get the final pieces , need a Geissele trigger , 2 geissele lower kits , buffer kit and a buffer kit for fixed stock

glocktogo
11-27-22, 18:40
ive been buying pats for 2 builds for a couple months , on sale and with coupons , picked up a good bit during the Black Friday , im close enough that when the Christmas sales start i can get the final pieces , need a Geissele trigger , 2 geissele lower kits , buffer kit and a buffer kit for fixed stock

PSA still has Geissele SSA and SSA-E triggers on sale for $160.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/geissele-super-semi-automatic-enhanced-trigger.html

DG23
12-03-22, 15:12
Nah, I don't call that shilling. If someone calls you out for sharing good deals in the Christmas thread, kindly ask them to complain to me. I'm not Staff, but I'll happily tell them I asked you to do it.

For regular posts about good deals, check out my forum which is a bit farther down the page. We have a dedicated thread that stays pretty busy.

Hard to say no to those Geissele prices, I might have to pick one up as a Christmas present for a family member.

This last order from the AR15Discounts people (the one I talked about in this thread) - UPS received my package, sent me a tracking number. and then apparently my package went 'poof' and got stuck in their 'processing - will send you an estimated delivery date soon' category for a little over a week. Never even made it to their 'out for delivery' stage. Guessing that UPS lost my stuff...

Went to their website, hit the button for the little chatbox thing and explained how I thought my package went poof. Got a pretty much instant reply from someone asking for all of my info (order number, name, etc.) and was told that they would get right on it and figure out what was going on. Guessing the whole thing took somewhere around 10 minutes or less and never even had to open a separate email browser or anything like that.

Received an email from them the next day telling me that they are sending a replacement order out ASAP.

https://i.imgur.com/gEe8UAF.jpg

UPS caused the problem here but the people at this company still apologized and jumped right on it to make sure I get my order as quickly as possible.

Have never had to deal with their CS on any previous order and have to say I am impressed so far on this occasion.

The downside here is that now I want to work more so I can screw off more money with them in the future. :(

DG23
12-03-22, 15:20
eta...and as I'm reading the posts, I see some things I want quite badly. lol. I need some BCGs.

Shit is a cancer for sure.

Say you buy a few spare BCG's. Well, you are gonna need / want some replacement / spare gas rings to go with those. (and bolts, firing pins, extractors, springs, retainers, cam pins, gas keys, etc.)

:o

The_War_Wagon
12-03-22, 16:56
15 years ago!

DwayneZ
12-05-22, 11:15
15 years ago!

I came into this thread to reply.................. but you already beat me to it.

Yep, everyday is a BF parts search. ;)

Past 3yrs has been record NICS checks. So keep buying, and keep building them. The Republic is on edge of being in conflict.

DG23
12-07-22, 18:54

These are nice...

https://i.imgur.com/plwBlCo.jpg