PDA

View Full Version : The Official "What did you get for Christmas" Thread

M4arc
12-25-08, 07:11
Post what you got for Christmas here. Pictures are highly encouraged :D

I received a new Garmin, a Benchmade and ammo money!

I love receiving ammo money :D

FLGator
12-25-08, 08:02
Aimpoint M4 + a box of freebees from LaRue.

threebanger
12-25-08, 08:02
a new Garmin nuvi.

a 3 stack Craftsman ball bearing tool chest.

a HK P7 <-- she let me pick this one out & it's getting NP3'ed, Nills, + NS 1st thing! (after a test fire that is).

Merry Christmas everybody!

30 cal slut
12-25-08, 08:28
my precious, risen from the dead after a catastrophic full-auto baffle strike.

shipped it in numerous pieces to AWC two weeks ago.

got it back christmas eve.

if i didn't know any better, it looks like a brandy new can.

all is well in the world again. joy. :p

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/xmas.jpg

fabulous45s
12-25-08, 08:42
It's not looking good so far...
The step-son gave me a burned out clutch in the wifes year old car and the step-daughter gave one of my wood decoy ducks a quick release bill while throwing one of her fits.

Whatever happened to good 'ol coal in the stocking?

Dan Goodwin
12-25-08, 08:48
CMMG Conversion Kit and 3 BD mags for my issued 6933 to get lots of trigger time in the new year.

DBautista
12-25-08, 08:53
This is what I bought myself... M4arc, you would probably like this one:)

The other presents from family are still in my truck. I havent opened them yet. My parents bought me a 32 inch Sony Bravia LCD. I am love them to death, but I do not own a game system, DVD unit, or watch much TV.

This TV as a present, is like getting a fat kid a gym membership.

This is my toy...
http://members.cox.net/donald.bautista/TT.JPG

ZDL
12-25-08, 08:57

The other presents from family are still in my truck. I havent opened them yet. My parents bought me a 32 inch Sony Bravia LCD. I am love them to death, but I do not own a game system, DVD unit, or watch much TV.

This TV as a present, is like getting a fat kid a gym membership.

This is my toy...

That thing looks expensive. What planet did it come from?

GLOCKMASTER
12-25-08, 09:01
Post what you got for Christmas here. Pictures are highly encouraged :D

Happy faces from two wonderful children as they opened their gifts. What more could a dad ask for.:)

Littlelebowski
12-25-08, 09:01
Nice bike, DBautista. I ride one of the better Giants but it pales compared to that thing you have.

Robb Jensen
12-25-08, 09:10
I got a Garmin 750, a Benchmade assisted knife, Warren night sights for my Glock, SIG 229 .40/.357 mags.
That new barrel, brake and gas block on my 3gun rifle are my Christmas presents to myself. :D I'm going to run the gun hard tomorrow a few hundred rounds to make sure it works for the multi-gun match on Saturday.

mark5pt56
12-25-08, 09:24
Remington 700 XCR in 30-06 and an 18" Larue Stealth on order.

Don Robison
12-25-08, 09:31
My wife gave me a Super Sniper 10X for my 110 tactical and I gave her a CW9 that she had been looking at but wouldn't buy for herself:D:D

M4arc
12-25-08, 09:42
a new Garmin nuvi.

That's the model I got too! It will come in handy because we're heading to Philly for a hockey tournament first thing tomorrow morning.

Oh yeah bro, I like that that!

I think I sold my Giant TCR0 that I had setup as a TT bike. I haven't done a TT in several years and I'm trying to clear out the garage so that I can purchase a Gary Fisher Superfly. I plan on doing more MTB racing this year.

M4arc
12-25-08, 09:44
Happy faces from two wonderful children as they opened their gifts. What more could a dad ask for.:)

Not much man, it doesn't get much better than that. :)

DBautista
12-25-08, 10:16
I think I sold my Giant TCR0 that I had setup as a TT bike. I haven't done a TT in several years and I'm trying to clear out the garage so that I can purchase a Gary Fisher Superfly. I plan on doing more MTB racing this year.

What? No Cyclocross???

That thing looks expensive. What planet did it come from?

This bike could have been a full GAP rifle, NF glass+rings+bases, AAC 762 can with taxes paid.

The bike came from planet "Canada".

mark5pt56
12-25-08, 10:20
Not much man, it doesn't get much better than that. :)

Indeed!

They're upstairs now practicing Rock Band, I'll be up shorty, lead vocals

GLOCKMASTER
12-25-08, 10:24
Indeed!

They're upstairs now practicing Rock Band, I'll be up shorty, lead vocals

You too. My son got Rock Band. They have been playing non-stop since early this morning.

I will pass on the singing.:eek:

M4arc
12-25-08, 10:36
What? No Cyclocross???

Oh yeah, I still have my cyclocross bike. I might get to do the last race in a few weeks if I'm not traveling.

You doing The Hair of the Dog?

rparker762
12-25-08, 10:42
600 rnds of Yugo 7.62x39, 1851 Confederate Navy BP revolver in 44, gift card to Cabelas and a sweater.

Robb Jensen
12-25-08, 11:01
I got my wife one of the new flat black Aimpoint H1s and a LaRue mount for it for her SBR. I put here shiny H1 on her Ruger/Tactical Solutions 22/45 pistol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/H1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/H1two.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/SBRwH1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/pistol.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/pistol2.jpg

threefeathers
12-25-08, 11:04
A nice Glock 32C.
I gave one son a Sig 229 DAK, the other a H K USP9mm.

Palmguy
12-25-08, 11:33
A brace of M&P45c's (Merry Christmas to me...). One FDE and one black.

AMMOTECH
12-25-08, 11:39
FNP-45 and a Blade-Tech holster. (the holster is still in the mail)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/AMMOTECH/STA70747.jpg

and I won this at the company Christmas party....:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/AMMOTECH/STA70743.jpg
-FN Police shotgun (8-rnd; 18"bbl)

Aardvark
12-25-08, 13:21
I got: a CD player/sterio that doesn't work, a pizza cutter (wtf?), a great coffee cup (not that I already have 20+ but it's a great cup) and accused of "ruining everything"! :( Good thing there's a gun show in two days....

Don Robison
12-25-08, 13:36
accused of "ruining everything"! :(

Dude, that sucks. I hope the rest of your day is better.

JoshNC
12-25-08, 13:40
- FS2000 black with rail
- Sig 556 ER with Aimpoint ML3 in LaRue mount
- SABRE Defense XR15 stripped lower
- Fifty Brownell's FDE M16 mags with Magpul followers
- Some Brooks Brothers iron-free dress shirts, boxer shorts, and a digital tire gauge
- Oh and we also got some Pottery Barn Christmas coffee mugs and dessert plates.....those are really sweet

K.L. Davis
12-25-08, 13:44
-got to sleep in, then move to the living room with the dog, build a fire in the fireplace, and sit on the couch with the dog and watch TV.

About a perfect day I suspect.

Jay Cunningham
12-25-08, 13:46
and accused of "ruining everything"!

I get that a fair bit.

Palmguy
12-25-08, 13:57
- FS2000 black with rail
- Some Brooks Brothers iron-free dress shirts, boxer shorts, and a digital tire gauge
- Oh and we also got some Pottery Barn Christmas coffee mugs and dessert plates.....those are really sweet

Damn.

Mikey
12-25-08, 14:13
- FS2000 black with rail

Sounds like a nice haul. Pics of the mugs?

-Mike

BushmasterFanBoy
12-25-08, 14:20
I got a Magpul UBR that's in the mail still (fine with me as long as it wasn't out of stock), some WWB .40 and .45 stocking stuffers, and that's about it, cept for the cash. I like being able to pick what I want but I enjoy surprises too.

DarrinD
12-25-08, 14:22
- mini frig for the office
- Uberti made SAA .45 Colt nickel and engraved finished pistol with extra .45 ACP cylinder
- case of 9mm ammo for practice
- Gerber multi-tool
- lots of smiling faces :D

Merry Christmas!

Buckeye67
12-25-08, 14:28
I got to come in to work today. :p

I'll have my Christmas on the weekend. ;)

Honu
12-25-08, 15:20
http://www.happyfishstudio.com/Chad/sawyer_2.jpg

a new little boy or as my little girl looks at it "WE GOT A BABY FOR XMAS :)"
he came a few days early but the due date was the 24th
but for Xmas my family home from the hospital and wife had to have a emergency C-Section :)

my joy was to watch my little ones

and I should be getting 5500 rounds of PRVI XM193 in a few days that I bought myself ;)

so all in all a very good Xmas :)

LMTRocks
12-25-08, 15:25
Congratulations to Honu.

LOTS OF CHOCOLATE. Bad for a guy trying to stay in shape for possible Law Enforcement profession if Lexington ever gets it's $$$ woes taken care of

DD Omega 7 about two weeks ago

Handmade pottery from NC where my aunt lives

Boxers

about $400 in cash

oh, and Bourbon balls from Bourbon county (Paris, KY). Delish.

BWYoda
12-25-08, 16:09
I'm in Iraq so I got Jack shit (sobs quietly).

k_cheerangie
12-25-08, 16:15
No a ****ing thing. Seriously nothing.:mad:

Verbal Kint
12-25-08, 16:20

From someone who just got out of the military, you have my extreme thanks and well wishes. Nothing I received this Christmas compares to the gift you, and all the men and women in uniform, have given us this holiday and all year round.

Thank you for your continued service and sacrifices, and Merry Christmas. Stay safe, brother! :)

zippygaloo
12-25-08, 16:59
Shouldn't the title of this thread read "What did you GIVE for Christmas?"

RogerinTPA
12-25-08, 17:02
20 more mags for the handguns: M&P45, 40, 9 and 9c. A very cool atomic sync pilot watch, and a an LMT Defender lower that my gal ordered back in OCT and sprung on me this afternoon. :cool:

BWYoda
12-25-08, 17:07
Thank you for your continued service and sacrifices, and Merry Christmas. Stay safe, brother! :)
Thanks Bro - same to you.

RyanS
12-25-08, 17:53
First and foremost, I got to watch my 3 year old open presents. Christmas would truly have been perfect with this alone. However, to add to that, my father in law got my wife and I a Garmin Nuvi which I used today driving across town to visit my sister. My wife and I agreed to not exchange gifts and just splurge on our boy, but she suprised me with Seasons 2 and 3 of Magnum PI. Last, I received a nice bonus from work which I am using to pay off a case of BH 55 FMJ and a Remy 870P. The rest of it is going to be allocated by my wife for some furniture.

HAMMERDROP
12-25-08, 18:21
From 14 biopsied lymph nodes taken from my wife 12-15. Chemo is nightmare for her, went wig shopping ...radiation is upcoming.
But what I got for Christmas is the love of my life, my wife, my true North. The reason my heartbeats - my sunrise is her as well as well as my sunset...
I wish I had some cool related gun item Santa brought me but I got what I wanted most of all...thank God for insurance, sometimes!

Well a month or so ago Pentagon Lights did send me a 'Porcupine' 6volt 70 lumens, crenellated tailcap and the lenscap has a retractable hood which exposes more flesh removing crenellation check it out...http://www.pentagonlight.com/item_detail.cfm__id.598

Oh yeah, I did get package from dear friend @ VLTOR of all things the non battery storage cheekwelds for a 'Clubfoot'. Want I wanted though, I mean how many batts do you need on your weapon? In combat I'm sure as many as you can carry, but civvy weapons darn 6volt take up more room/weight than needed (imo) I have an aggresive Buck in the woods out back but I dont take a dozen extra batts when I watch my dogs at night, so I used the passenger side for the batt tube. And usually just take a
.45 and SF Z2 w/P61 bulb, in case I encounter a 'Buck' of some sort in a randy mood and the batts are in the icebox in the garage a few feet away so ...dont need 'em all on my AR.

And Vito @ S & W did a 1911 tune up and installed a short trigger on a 1911 Commander Sc which once belonged to Leroy Thompson had to pass on night sights would have cost more to install than the damn thing is worth if they had to get the milling machine involved, wanted ambi safties also but knew I couldn't be a pig.
Ironically Pentagon sent the Porcupine about a week before I lost my Surefire M2 and RyanS sez I'll get over it... LOL

So I did get cool things I just forgot about some of them...cool

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Michael

K.L. Davis
12-25-08, 18:45
Merry Christmas Michael... we keep you guys in our prayers.

Nathan_Bell
12-25-08, 18:55
Got myself another M&P 9, an M107 that hasn't come in yet, and a Benchmade.

My mom got me, my sister/BIL and my niece Woolrich Hudson's Bay blankets.

Never realized a blanket could freaking cost that much, sucker better be warm. Of course wouldn't tell her if it isn't, Mom was so proud of getting them.

Cold Zero
12-25-08, 19:05
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10X32MM with Zero Stop.:)

JoshNC, You will like the Brooks Brothers Boxer shorts.

Merry X Mas to all. Especially those serving.

lindertw
12-25-08, 19:25
My wife bought me Tech-Sights (http://www.tech-sights.com/ruger3.htm) and a KID bolt buffer (http://www.coolguyguns.com/8bolt.html) which I promptly installed in the Ruger 10/22 DSP that I bought for my daughter.
It's "our" Appleseed Liberty Training Rifle :D

http://tinyurl.com/8astxl

I'm going to get a spare stock and cut it down to fit her, and let her paint it however she wants.

subzero
12-25-08, 19:42
I'm single so I got jack. I can't count the stuff I got myself. It's just not sporting.

I gave my sister an Amazon giftcard for her grad school books, a new messenger bag for her laptop and a My Little Pony after some joking with her fiancee via text message. He got a Larry Sabato book about improving the Constitution (he might be alright). Dad got some tough work boxes for the truck to replace the clear Wal-Mart storage tubs he keeps breaking. Mom got a frying rig for turkeys and an iPhone I scored by being at the right place at the right time.

SeriousStudent
12-25-08, 20:35
Mine was awesome. :( Someone broke the window on my truck, to steal presents my church was delivering to our shut-in members.

BWYoda, thank you and all our troops for their service far away from home. We appreciate your sacrifices, especially on days like today.

I did get a big hug from my daughter today, so that's a great gift right there.

AwaySooner
12-25-08, 20:38
SKD 4 Rifles Case. :D

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_vax5cq_fAQM/SVRBciS5LhI/AAAAAAAABRw/TG5GR7ZEgrQ/s800/P1000722.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_vax5cq_fAQM/SVRBfHx1vxI/AAAAAAAABR4/vgEQbKHqnhA/s800/P1000661.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_vax5cq_fAQM/SVRCDDNMj5I/AAAAAAAABSY/r-lwpbWE0VM/s800/P1000665.JPG

5pins
12-25-08, 21:51
I got a copy of the Magpul Dynamics DVD.

AirmanAtwood
12-25-08, 22:51
I got the magpul DVD from my parents along with some BD .22 conversion mags, a smith and wesson tact flashlight, 4 bottles of powerbar recovery drink mix, and a GNC gift card. My gym buddy got me more protein powder. And for myself I purchased 5 pmags, a MI #17 rail, and a magpul MOE grip. BTW the magpul dvd is amazing.

lwoper
12-25-08, 23:45
received my 10 pmags christmas eve, and the loving wife got me an aimpoint ml2 and larue cantilever mount

Don Robison
12-26-08, 00:18

From one GI to another,
Thanks your sacrifice has made it possible for me to spend Christmas with family and friends this year and I really appreciate it.

thedog
12-26-08, 01:37
I got to see my son, (10yrs. old) get presents, despite me being unemployed. Some from total strangers, because I posted a thread about Christmas and children and worrying where it was all headed, as I was broke. On an internet forum.
My child was blessed, and because of it, so were me and my wife. Good people stepped up.
dog

zippygaloo
12-26-08, 01:40
I got to see my son, (10yrs. old) get presents, despite me being unemployed. Some from total strangers, because I posted a thread about Christmas and children and worrying where it was all headed, as I was broke. On an internet forum.
My child was blessed, and because of it, so were me and my wife. Good people stepped up.
dog

Did you also make a post on that same forum to try and sell your guns (or other possessions) to buy presents for your kids?

thedog
12-26-08, 01:42
BWYoda, other fellows or ladies, please pm me your address and I'll see if I can help. All my brothers, sisters, please don't be down. There are more people behind you than you know!!
I have had my church "care group" send things to military folks. Just send me your APO, please. No promises, we're a small group, but I'll try!!

dog

thedog
12-26-08, 01:44
Did you also make a post on that same forum to try and sell your guns (or other possessions) to buy presents for your kids?

No.... It is a forum for people who like to build military models... Does it matter?
dog

thedog
12-26-08, 01:56
No.... It is a forum for people who like to build military models... Does it matter?
dog
Does it? I'm not mad. You just got me curious. Have you confused me with someone else? Merry Christmas!! Everybody. Going to bed........

dog

HwyKnight
12-26-08, 03:56
EOTech, Spottong Scope, Blue Ray Player, digital photo frame, Moto GP tickets, and clothes. I was a very good boy this year!!!!!!

BWYoda
12-26-08, 07:41
Thanks for the sentiment Dog and Serious, but I just wanted to clarify that even though I'm over here I'm not military, I'm a PSC so it was my choice. My thoughts are firmly with everyone in uniform past and present who have sacrificed so much here and elsewhere.

g5m
12-26-08, 07:42
A couple of signed books, a couple of tools, and a fabulous day with family.

RogerinTPA
12-26-08, 09:01
Prayers sent to you and your wife HAMMERDROP.

From 14 biopsied lymph nodes taken from my wife 12-15. Chemo is nightmare for her, went wig shopping ...radiation is upcoming.
But what I got for Christmas is the love of my life, my wife, my true North. The reason my heartbeats - my sunrise is her as well as well as my sunset...
I wish I had some cool related gun item Santa brought me but I got what I wanted most of all...thank God for insurance, sometimes!

Well a month or so ago Pentagon Lights did send me a 'Porcupine' 6volt 70 lumens, crenellated tailcap and the lenscap has a retractable hood which exposes more flesh removing crenellation check it out...http://www.pentagonlight.com/item_detail.cfm__id.598...

Oh yeah, I did get package from dear friend @ VLTOR of all things the non battery storage cheekwelds for a 'Clubfoot'. Want I wanted though, I mean how many batts do you need on your weapon? In combat I'm sure as many as you can carry, but civvy weapons darn 6volt take up more room/weight than needed (imo) I have an aggresive Buck in the woods out back but I dont take a dozen extra batts when I watch my dogs at night, so I used the passenger side for the batt tube. And usually just take a
.45 and SF Z2 w/P61 bulb, in case I encounter a 'Buck' of some sort in a randy mood and the batts are in the icebox in the garage a few feet away so ...dont need 'em all on my AR.

And Vito @ S & W did a 1911 tune up and installed a short trigger on a 1911 Commander Sc which once belonged to Leroy Thompson had to pass on night sights would have cost more to install than the damn thing is worth if they had to get the milling machine involved, wanted ambi safties also but knew I couldn't be a pig.
Ironically Pentagon sent the Porcupine about a week before I lost my Surefire M2 and RyanS sez I'll get over it... LOL

So I did get cool things I just forgot about some of them...cool

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Michael

Robb Jensen
12-26-08, 09:10
My wife bought me Tech-Sights (http://www.tech-sights.com/ruger3.htm) and a KID bolt buffer (http://www.coolguyguns.com/8bolt.html) which I promptly installed in the Ruger 10/22 DSP that I bought for my daughter.
It's "our" Appleseed Liberty Training Rifle :D

http://tinyurl.com/8astxl

I'm going to get a spare stock and cut it down to fit her, and let her paint it however she wants.

So that was you that bought the 10/22 Deluxe !
I may have a spare old wooden 10/22 stock near my work bench at work, if it's still there you can have it.

dangermoney
12-26-08, 09:38
A Spyderco Delica Foliage Green G-10 and sitting around most of the day with the wife hogging up the WII Rock Band Game that we gave our son. :D:D:D:D

HES
12-26-08, 12:05
I got four PMAGs (well two of em are en route) and GI tritium compass (en route),
Scale, powder cup, and case tumbler, Start Trek Deep Space 9 season one, a shirt, fleece blanket, The Dark Knight, and a happy family

Amen.

Congrats Honu!

As for what I gave...The wife got a 10/22, Tech-sights, and ammo, and Guitar Hero III and an MP3 player, My 10 year old got a pink 'cricket' 22 that she is in love with and a bunch of girly stuff. My 8 year old son got a bow and arrow set, more star wars crap than you can shake a stick at. My 15 year old got some gift cards to Apple, a printer, and some clothes. Her Christmas was light cause in February she is getting a new (to her) car.

Rider79
12-26-08, 12:26
I got myself:

15 Pmags
5 LMT BCGs
2 LMT SOPMOD/Defender Lowers
2 RRA stripped lowers
Magpul MOE stock/grip
Daniel Defense Custom Upper from G&R

My son's mom says she got me a BCG from G&R, but I'll believe it when it shows up. As for my son, I got him pretty much every toy you can possibly get related to Disney's Cars. (I love that movie)

BushmasterFanBoy
12-26-08, 12:40
Didn't get here until today, but nonetheless, a great gift. Thank goodness my parents asked what I really wanted this Christmas!

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd283/Burke888/DSC_3160.jpg

:D

It's a miracle they found one as well!

Saginaw79
12-26-08, 12:45
Ill get mine after the boss hands out bonuses in the next month or two!

lindertw
12-26-08, 13:45
So that was you that bought the 10/22 Deluxe !
I may have a spare old wooden 10/22 stock near my work bench at work, if it's still there you can have it.

You're shooting a match on Sat, right? I'll pop in next week and see if you still have it lying around. Old & beat up is fine, as I will be cutting it down and then sanding it before she attacks it with pink paint :cool:

I took it to the NRA range today to sight it in; the TSR100 sights are awesome - just like AR iron sights.

SeriousStudent
12-26-08, 14:06
Thanks for the sentiment Dog and Serious, but I just wanted to clarify that even though I'm over here I'm not military, I'm a PSC so it was my choice. My thoughts are firmly with everyone in uniform past and present who have sacrificed so much here and elsewhere.

Then thank you for helping keep American and allied personnel safe from harm.

HES
12-26-08, 14:38
You're shooting a match on Sat, right? I'll pop in next week and see if you still have it lying around. Old & beat up is fine, as I will be cutting it down and then sanding it before she attacks it with pink paint :cool:

I took it to the NRA range today to sight it in; the TSR100 sights are awesome - just like AR iron sights.
Did you have a hard time switching out the front sight post? I'm asking because I got the TSR200 sights for my wife and I'm thinking of running down to Harbor Freight or Northern tool and pick up a brass punch set and a hammer. Anything Im forgetting or need to know?

BAC
12-26-08, 15:17
Shouldn't the title of this thread read "What did you GIVE for Christmas?"

Hell, let's see...

TomTom One 130 for mom, car charger for said TomTom, gift card for a year membership at a local gun range for dad, cash for younger brother, friends get assorted cards, Godiva G collection assortments, phone calls, surprise Christmas visits for local ones, pictures of the beautiful Florida Christmas weather to those in cooler climes, and a series of gag gifts for coworkers. I did well for my budget. ;)

What I got was a good haul. Magpul Dynamics "Art of the Tactical Carbine", Fujifilm FinePix Z (awesome little camera), Apocolyptica's "Life Burns" DVD, SSG David Bellavia's House To House (which I can start reading tonight), an airsoft replica of my M1911A1 that turned out just slightly too big to be used with my holster for practicing between range trips (:o), the "Perfect Pushup" things (which are freakin' awesome)... plus assorted clothing articles because I wear stuff out. Oh, and a little Case pocket knife that I almost think is too pretty to use. Almost.

Christmas 2008 was a success in my corner of Tampa.

-B

AirmanAtwood
12-26-08, 15:23
the "Perfect Pushup" things (which are freakin' awesome)

-B

Have you Tried the Iron gym doorway pullup bars?
I got one yesterday and I love it

lindertw
12-26-08, 15:31
Did you have a hard time switching out the front sight post? I'm asking because I got the TSR200 sights for my wife and I'm thinking of running down to Harbor Freight or Northern tool and pick up a brass punch set and a hammer. Anything Im forgetting or need to know?

Brass punch & hammer will work fine. I used a nylon bench block (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=26833&title=GUNSMITH%20TOTALLY%20NON-MARRING%20NYLON%20BENCH%20BLOCK) to support the barrel (a vise would've probably worked better).

The front sight has a little ridge of material on the bottom that you may have to file to get it started in the barrel; and I put a little dab of blue loctite on the set screw.

BAC
12-26-08, 15:35
Have you Tried the Iron gym doorway pullup bars?
I got one yesterday and I love it

Not yet, but my house doesn't have the most... sturdy doorways to try use devices like that in. I want to, because I haven't had a decent pull up bar in years. I should be moving within the next year, and doorways capable of supporting something like that are definitely something I'll look for or build myself.

-B

thetallengineer
12-26-08, 16:47
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10X32MM with Zero Stop.:)

JoshNC, You will like the Brooks Brothers Boxer shorts.

Merry X Mas to all. Especially those serving.

Cold Zero,

That scope is the one I am hoping will be under the tree next year. Hopefully you can take the time to write some comments or a review after you get a chance to use it for a awhile.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

citizensoldier16
12-26-08, 17:04
5 Glock 17 Hi-cap mags, 1000 rounds of 9mm, and a renewal on my range membership from my family :D

EDIT: Plus, I gave myself 4 PMAGS. They haven't come in yet, but they will. I've never used one...always used USGI mags with Magpul followers, so we'll see.

seb5
12-26-08, 17:10
5 nice Ashton cigars among others odds and ends. I traced down 2 stripped lowers for myself as well. Not a bad day all in all. Now if I could find some lower parts kits.

HES
12-26-08, 21:20
Brass punch & hammer will work fine. I used a nylon bench block (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=26833&title=GUNSMITH%20TOTALLY%20NON-MARRING%20NYLON%20BENCH%20BLOCK) to support the barrel (a vise would've probably worked better).

The front sight has a little ridge of material on the bottom that you may have to file to get it started in the barrel; and I put a little dab of blue loctite on the set screw.
Great advice. But I couldn't find any brass punches. So I folded up some old (but clean) underwear between the punch and the front sight post and am about to say screw it and take a trip over to the gun smiths. I cant get the damned thing to budge. :mad:

lindertw
12-26-08, 21:26
Great advice. But I couldn't find any brass punches. So I folded up some old (but clean) underwear between the punch and the front sight post and am about to say screw it and take a trip over to the gun smiths. I cant get the damned thing to budge. :mad:

Don't be afraid to hit it - I really had to take a whack at the punch with my 3.5oz ball peen hammer to get it started, then it went much easier.

HES
12-26-08, 21:29
Thanks. If you all see a mushroom cloud about 25 miles north of Tampa, then you'll know this didnt go well :p

OK we tried our best, but I dont feel comfortable hitting it any more / harder. So off to the gun smiths tomorrow

TimBob
12-26-08, 21:29
My best Christmas present was a shipping notification on some ammo I ordered about a month ago. :D

And Call of Duty: World at War... I love FPS games, even though I suck at them...

AirmanAtwood
12-26-08, 21:40
My best Christmas present was a shipping notification on some ammo I ordered about a month ago. :D

And Call of Duty: World at War... I love FPS games, even though I suck at them...

you'll enjoy that game. May not be on the awesome level of call of duty 4 but its a great game none the less. Hell, im half japanese and still had fun killing my ancestors.:cool:

Honu
12-26-08, 22:17

what platform ?

if on PS3 let me know put you on the buddies list :) its fun but the guns suck
and you have to put a lot of rounds into people to take em down

but a fun game :)

Z28
12-27-08, 01:19
The wife bought me a Sentry gun safe so I can keep all the guns locked up.

TheGhostRider
12-27-08, 15:54
Columbia Fleece jacket, Rocky Gortex Combat boots, TT mini mav with shingle, Gerber asek knife kit.... anddddddddddddddddddddddd

Pie................................:D
Yes..... that kind of pie.....................:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D

HES
12-27-08, 18:31
Just got a late Christmas gift. A Hornady LNLAP with plates for 32, 38/357,44mag, 7mm mag, and 30-06. It was part of an estate sale. Reportedly not even used by the poor guy before he died (I'll take that with a grain of salt) Guess Im getting into the reloading game before I wanted to. Darn. Guess its time to me to read up and figure what else I need.

St.Michael
12-27-08, 19:03
I got money which I am saving for my NEW trijicon tr24 when it comes out.

DarkX
12-27-08, 19:52
We are a weapons, sports and technologies family.

Weapons goodies, kevlar shooting gloves, cleaning kits, ammo, Vickers slings, magazines, laptop for our oldest girl and other such gear were pretty heavy....Raiders Gear and VOLS gear were in sufficient supply as well.....I did get my wife a set of Bose headphones that just rock...got her a new Desantis holster as well.

Mainly, I was allowed the blessing of spending time with my wife, our two daughters [one w/ fiance'], my parents, our Pom and our Rott. We ate potroast and homemade fudge, pecan pies and cheesecake. We drank Crown, Glenfiddich, Glenlivett, Saki, Yuengling and wine and played cards and the Wii until the wee hours of several mornings.

We were together....what more could be better?

Rider79
12-27-08, 20:02
Yuengling? You must live in PA.

Georgia_Boy
12-27-08, 20:07
I got "Green eyes & Black rifles". Gonna have to reread and practice a lot. Darn!

MOFoxtrot
12-27-08, 20:10
I asked for a black gun and well I guess I didn't explain myself well enough because my wife got me a Bernelli Nova pump shotgun sorry no pictures yet.

But the best present I got was my horse came home this week. He had been at the trainers for four months since he never had any formal training. Wow he is a completely different horse now.

My family is young so there was a bunch of webkins and transformers for the kids. And the wife gets another year with me LOL. I had already bought her gift for her, a really fancy show saddle and you thought firearms were expensive this thing has more silver than a miner can produce in a day.

Scott

T3550N
12-27-08, 20:15
Full MIAD kit from my brother-in-law!

Semper Paratus
12-27-08, 20:31
5 Black Dog Mags for the Spikes .22 AR, a couple hundred bucks worth of Gift Certs to Bass Pro. $100 gift certs to Cabellas some buffalo jerky, coffee mugs with hunting motiffs and a day off to spend with the family. All told a great day wiwth nice gifts for the wife and kids.

d90king
12-27-08, 22:15
Shhhh dont tell anybody, Santa got Santa a couple things that lets just say didn't make it "under the tree" I ordered one of these a while back and it should be in any day.:D
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/CQB16_large.jpg
And I picked this up a few days back
CZ VZ 58
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/DSCN0949.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/DSCN0948.jpg

I would say Santa was very good to me:D

Mark-VA
01-03-09, 12:25
Got a barrel wrench, Bass Pro gift certificate, Streamlight pocket flashlight (going back because I don't want to mess with AAAA batteries), some books, more flashlights. Also got to try out my new Stag lower, BCM middy upper. Will be getting Green Eyes, Black Rifles.

Chooie
01-08-09, 13:10
I got a 7 day/night vacation with the wife to Disney World... and permission to buy BWYoda's Eotech. :D

senorlinc
01-08-09, 22:13
1-drunk at a christmas eve party
2-an early moring wake up call from a tenant at 4am....sewer blew up and flooded basement in a building i own in philly-i was in Colorado
3-to go to work
4-yelled at by 14 year old spoiled brat
5-another call, roof leaking at a different property

it wasnt all bad....on a positive note....
i was in aspen colorado
an email from microsoft, my cashback was ready...its about time!
i got to spend quality time with my friends
15 in of fresh snow...
i got to get paid to ski it
big tip from said 14 year old brats parents
parlayed part of big tip into new custom ski boots (special thanks to Jaime at Nordica USA for the sweet hook up)...the rest will fix roof and sewer line...anything left over i will buy something nice for my mom

alphatanker3ID
01-09-09, 17:56
1- A wii (duckhunt is a great tactical trainer)
2- Book, American Rifle, by Alexander Rose
3- US Cavalry gift certificate
4- KangaRoom gear storage... checkem out

mattjmcd
01-10-09, 19:16
socks.

I sh*t thee not.

So, I am buying myself a Baer TRS and singing "Merry Christmas to me".