PDA

View Full Version : RIP Christine McVie

Slater
11-30-22, 14:59
This is probably only relevant to us in the over-60 crowd, but she had a unique, instantly recognizable voice and was a cornerstone of Fleetwood Mac. RIP, Christine.

Christine McVie, the longtime co-lead vocalist, keyboardist, and songwriter for Fleetwood Mac, died Wednesday, Nov. 30, at the age of 79. A cause of death was not available, but McVie’s family said she died at a hospital “following a short illness.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/christine-mcvie-keyboardist-singer-fleetwood-194810349.html

thebolt
11-30-22, 15:15
Christine McVie was my favorite singer in Fleetwood Mac. God Bless Christine McVie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLRyYETnoIE

Harpoon
11-30-22, 15:20
I saw Fleetwood Mac when they came here to the Capital Centre in 1979.
RIP Christine McVie.

titsonritz
11-30-22, 15:35
Always liked Fleetwood Mac. R.I.P. Christine McVie.

markm
11-30-22, 15:35
This is probably only relevant to us in the over-60 crowd, but

Actually a full generation later got decent exposure to Fleetwood Mac on MTV back when they played music videos.

titsonritz
11-30-22, 15:50
Actually a full generation later got decent exposure to Fleetwood Mac on MTV back when they played music videos.

Yeah, I'm still in the under-60 crowd, but I also listen to music way before my time.

.45fan
11-30-22, 15:51
RIP Christine McVie

markm
11-30-22, 16:19
Yeah, I'm still in the under-60 crowd, but I also listen to music way before my time.

Same here. I'm still discovering more old music through Rick Beato's channel now.

When I was in high school rap started getting popular. It was awful to pull up to parties and hear that shit blasting.

Artos
11-30-22, 16:37
Rumours...great album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzEt9cATWFw

hotbiggun42
11-30-22, 17:55
Damn, 79.

Straight Shooter
11-30-22, 18:12
Same here. I'm still discovering more old music through Rick Beato's channel now.

When I was in high school rap started getting popular. It was awful to pull up to parties and hear that shit blasting.

One of the FEW celebs that Ill personally miss...talent, class, musical perfection. Amazing how screwed up that band was on personal levels, they still turned out just superb music. RIP.
BEATO is awesome. Love his enthusiasm. Ive said for several decades now, that Boston's More Than A Feelin is THE best rock song ever..and his video on the song proves it.

m1a_scoutguy
11-30-22, 19:15
Yes, RIP Christine. Was a big MAC fan back in the 70s when I was in the AF. I'm lucky to say I saw Fleetwood Mag 5 + times. As I like to say, I may be old but at least I got to see & hear all the cool bands! :cool:

SBRSarge
12-01-22, 01:35
Damn, another voice gone from the soundtrack of my youth.

She will be missed.

LoboTBL
12-01-22, 02:11
First saw Fleetwood Mac during the Rumours tour at the Capital Centre in '78 right before starting freshman year in HS. It was my third concert. Have seen them several times since and just saw Stevie Nicks perform here in Houston at the beginning of this month.

RIP Miss Perfect and thanks for the music and memories.

El Vaquero
12-01-22, 02:25
Saw them in 2014. They put on a great show. Played for hours and would’ve kept playing longer but the crowd started to disperse. They still sounded really good.

Adrenaline_6
12-01-22, 08:41
Yea...Fleetwood Mac is one of the favs and a great band. McVie was a cornerstone, only overshadowed a bit by Stevie Nicks (but who wouldn't be). RIP.

Ned Christiansen
12-01-22, 08:48
Now THAT was a voice.