PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a BCM upper, lower suggestions?

Toltepequeño
12-14-22, 21:00
I just ordered a BCM upper from Primary Arms and pretty soon I will either order a lower or put one together. BCM? Aero? Different stripped lower with BCM parts? Parts other than BCM? Opinions?

My story: I went with a lightweight (ELW) for a few reasons. Old, Rhumatoid Arthritis, have cracked both shoulders, left wrist and elbow through the years so less strength and getting worn out. Sold my 7 plus pounds ar to my step son.

Got the BCM-URG-MID-16-BFH-ELW-MCMR-15 for 683.45 otd (disabled veteran tax exempt) which I believe to be a good price so I decided to jump before it went oos and before asking opinions.

https://www.primaryarms.com/bcm-16in-556-barreled-upper-bcm-urg-mid-16-bfh-elw-mcmr-15

ssc
12-15-22, 01:16
I just ordered a BCM upper from Primary Arms and pretty soon I will either order a lower or put one together. BCM? Aero? Different stripped lower with BCM parts? Parts other than BCM? Opinions?

My story: I went with a lightweight (ELW) for a few reasons. Old, Rhumatoid Arthritis, have cracked both shoulders, left wrist and elbow through the years so less strength and getting worn out. Sold my 7 plus pounds ar to my step son.

Got the BCM-URG-MID-16-BFH-ELW-MCMR-15 for 683.45 otd (disabled veteran tax exempt) which I believe to be a good price so I decided to jump before it went oos and before asking opinions.

https://www.primaryarms.com/bcm-16in-556-barreled-upper-bcm-urg-mid-16-bfh-elw-mcmr-15

It’s your choice. If a complete BCM lower meets your needs then go for it. I have them, but I modify them to my liking. Hence, for me it is a waste of money because I change the trigger, stock and bolt catch.

I recommend SOLGW complete and semi complete lowers as well as sionics. I have both. Frankly, I prefer to build from a stripped lower. My build is pretty consistent.

LPK: SOLGW or sionics builder kit
Stock: magpul SLS
Grip: modified BCM
Trigger: g SLE Or SLC
Trigger guard: BCM or magpul
Bolt catch: FCD
RE: BCM or SOLGW or sionics carbine tube with H buffer. ( I have 4 A5’s but prefer carbine)
FCD CASTLE nut and QD plate.
YMMV

Cheers, Steve

titsonritz
12-15-22, 01:33
Give SIONIC a call and see if the still do their gutless lowers, then add the parts of choice.

1986s4
12-15-22, 07:06
Can't go wrong with BCM. That said I have two LMT lowers; one vintage 2010 the other 2019. The 2019 lower is not tolerant of 1st gen Magpull magazines. Both are their basic Defender 2000 models. Both are boringly good.

Alex V
12-15-22, 07:58
Im too OCD, I would have to go with BCM to match the upper.

themonk
12-15-22, 08:04
If I was in the market for a solid lower I would go with the SOLGW/FCD lower - https://ar15discounts.com/products/forward-controls-design-solgw-stripped-ambi-billet-lower-receiver/

Stopsign32v
12-15-22, 08:41
Anderson for sure

Toltepequeño
12-15-22, 09:33
Thank you for the replies.

I appreciate the parts list and the other recommended brands, I will be investigating them all.

grizzman
12-15-22, 10:01
Ignoring the comical posts, any of the brands mentioned in the countless threads recommending lowers would be solid options.

Find one in stock, preferably on sale, and buy it.

….or go back in time and buy a few of the Colt lowers that Brownells was selling for $250.

Toltepequeño
12-15-22, 11:33
Thanks.

Stickman
12-15-22, 12:00
I honestly can't think of a reason to use anything except BCM. Not that you are looking to sell, but if down the road you wanted to trade for something else, the value would remain much higher. In addition, BCM lowers are "known good".

Toltepequeño
12-15-22, 12:03
Strongly considering it. Thank you.

Hank6046
12-15-22, 12:04
I would just get a cheap Aero lower, replace the buffer with an H or H2, and then get a decent light, sling, a decent sighting system and spend the rest on ammo and training.

1986s4
12-15-22, 12:05
I am reading this thread with great interest because I am planning on a new lower sometime early next year. Not to hijack, and I think this isn't too far off the author's original thought, who here has experience with any of the ambi lowers? Any to avoid? Are they even necessary for a right hander?

Toltepequeño
12-15-22, 12:07
I would just get a cheap Aero lower, replace the buffer with an H or H2, and then get a decent light, sling, a decent sighting system and spend the rest on ammo and training.

Thank you!

Stickman
12-15-22, 12:53
I am reading this thread with great interest because I am planning on a new lower sometime early next year. Not to hijack, and I think this isn't too far off the author's original thought, who here has experience with any of the ambi lowers? Any to avoid? Are they even necessary for a right hander?

Probably worth, no, make that definitely worth its own thread.

Hank6046
12-15-22, 13:26

My 2 cents, I have a few of the ADM ambi-lowers, one complete, one built, but I really, really love those. I know that they are made in conjunction with the Raidan ambi-lowers, and while I haven't had my hands on one of those, the ADM bad-levereqc. feature is awesome, and really speeds up my reloads with the bolt back. Having said all of that, I own more aeros, DD, a Colt, and a PSA lower and it does take some muscle memory to get back into the swing of things with a standard lower, so you have to keep that in mind.

Dutch110
12-15-22, 15:02
BCM blem full lowers on sale at Primary right now. I bought one of these for an SBR build I did and have not been able to find the blem. I would go this route and never look back. I would prefer to buy a BCM stripped lower and build it out myself but they are impossible to find. Instead I sold off what I didn't want and replaced it with what I did want. But that was just personal preference.

https://www.primaryarms.com/bravo-company-mfg-complete-lower-receiver-assembly-cosmetic-blem

hotbiggun42
12-15-22, 19:26
Anderson no logo lower.

Swstock
12-16-22, 09:22
Im too OCD, I would have to go with BCM to match the upper.

Same. I have some frankenguns but lately I try to match everything.