PDA

View Full Version : Ban Chainsaws? Man storms police station with chainsaw

El Vaquero
12-19-22, 13:00
https://abcnews.go.com/US/chainsaw-wielding-man-storms-police-station-holds-2/story?id=95530821

Man storms police station with chainsaw then takes children hostage.

How this guy made it out of the lobby of the police station and to wherever he held kids hostage is a damn good question. I hope police were not following him trying to deescalate as he made back to the house to take kids hostage.

john armond
12-19-22, 14:07
Sounds/looks like a smallish department of about 30 officers. Article states a civilian employee in the department contacted officers when the dude came in. There may not have been an armed officer in the station, or an officer may have been in another part of the station. It's not unheard of. I worked for a much larger department than this when I was 19 (quite some time ago) in the front lobby. They hired college kids for this job. After a certain time on mornings there may have only been one desk sergeant and usually another desk officer in the building anywhere near the front lobby. If they were smokers, they could be out the back door. What few detectives might be there would be a story or two up. I am interested to know if officers immediately converged on the suspect and allowed him to get inside the house or if he got in there before officers located him.

titsonritz
12-19-22, 15:57
Is he from from Texas and goes by Leatherface?

HKGuns
12-19-22, 18:00
If it saves just one life!

kerplode
12-19-22, 19:39
How does that old saying go..."When chainsaws are illegal, only illegals will have chainsaws"

john armond
12-20-22, 11:54
From an article about the attack:

"Using the chainsaw, Buckley tried to cut through the security door of the station.

A desk attendant for the police department was able to barricade herself and hide while calling for officers to help her.

Quigley said the man 'went in and basically terrorized the civilian desk attendant who was behind the security door and security glass.' "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/chainsaw-wielding-dad-attacks-police-station-after-cops-refused-to-babysit-his-children/ar-AA15shQA?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8ba832d953d340bea19bfc9baed212d0