PDA

View Full Version : "Avatar: The Way Of Water"

Slater
12-19-22, 19:12
Saw this movie today. The visuals were stunning, you can tell they spent a ton of money on them- particularly the water creatures. The plot? Nothing you haven't seen before; evil technology threatens peaceful natives and the local fauna.

For me, the three hours passed more quickly than I would have thought. Summary: An Ok movie and probably what you'd be expecting. If you're into CGI, it's extremely well done. Doubt that I'd want to see it again unless it's on TV reruns.

The Dumb Gun Collector
12-19-22, 19:17
I don't know why exactly, but for some reason I really want this movie to fail.

Sam
12-19-22, 19:54
We're going to see it Christmas day.

Straight Shooter
12-20-22, 00:27

From what Im reading, it aint livin up to "expectations". I hope it falls flatter than old Coke.
Why? Because the only way to get rid of Hollywood is to stop seeing the utter SHIT they put out.

SteyrAUG
12-20-22, 01:58
The first one was bad enough, basically Fern Gully with smurfs.

WillieThom
12-20-22, 05:10
They say it’s going to have to rake in $2 billion just to break even.

donlapalma
12-20-22, 05:49
I went for the eye candy and got that in spades. Beautifully done and the 3D technology has come a long way. It looked really good.

markm
12-20-22, 08:14

Cuz james cameran is a lefty Bitch? The first movie was just a left wing hit piece that demonized the Military and Corporations.

I wouldn't go see this crap unless I was to be paid for it.

HKGuns
12-20-22, 08:23
I have zero interest in being preached to by commies. Pass.

WillBrink
12-20-22, 08:24
Saw this movie today. The visuals were stunning, you can tell they spent a ton of money on them- particularly the water creatures. The plot? Nothing you haven't seen before; evil technology threatens peaceful natives and the local fauna.

For me, the three hours passed more quickly than I would have thought. Summary: An Ok movie and probably what you'd be expecting. If you're into CGI, it's extremely well done. Doubt that I'd want to see it again unless it's on TV reruns.

The first one in 3D was fun for that reason. When I tried to watch is years later on normal screen, didn't enjoy it. So it sounds like this one too has to be seen in 3D to get the full effects intended for otherwise generic plots etc.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-20-22, 08:49
Wow, that must be some storyline for you all the rave about it….

Slater
12-20-22, 09:10
Wow, that must be some storyline for you all the rave about it….

Plot was pretty predictable. I wouldn't put it up there with "The Final Countdown" :D

mack7.62
12-20-22, 09:23
Visibly stunning garbage, nope not interested. Waiting for Top Gun Maverick to stream on the 22nd so I can watch it again.

titsonritz
12-20-22, 13:01
I've got about as much interest watching this as the next Captain Marvel movie.

Hank6046
12-20-22, 13:37
The first one was bad enough, basically Fern Gully with smurfs.

Thank you. I thought I would like the story of a crippled Marine that metaphorically "got back on his feet", but it just turned into the greedy white man, stealing natives land formula story line I lost interest quick.

hotbiggun42
12-20-22, 15:31
Pretty sure im the only person who tnought the first one was overated and just not that good.

Slater
12-20-22, 15:34
Well, reading the various media takes on this movie, it's being called out for "cultural appropriation" (Native American) and "White savior complex". So there's that :D

titsonritz
12-20-22, 17:39

I hope they lose they ass on it, they need to learn it takes more than fancy CGI to make a good movie and woke bullshit ain't it.

utahjeepr
12-20-22, 18:18
Pretty sure im the only person who tnought the first one was overated and just not that good.

Nope, there are at least 2 of us. No desire to double up here. Who knows, maybe when it hits Netflix DVD but I doubt it.

Granted I'm not the target audience. Hell, I think I have seen 3 or 4 movies in theatre in the past decade, and one of those was a company event, so...

Straight Shooter
12-20-22, 18:22

Nah, you werent. I thought it was propaganda film & cant even remember most of it actually.
Where CG to go away..Hollywood is fvcked.

SteyrAUG
12-20-22, 19:37
Nope, there are at least 2 of us. No desire to double up here. Who knows, maybe when it hits Netflix DVD but I doubt it.

Granted I'm not the target audience. Hell, I think I have seen 3 or 4 movies in theatre in the past decade, and one of those was a company event, so...

Last movie I saw in a theater was the 1933 King Kong when they showed it four years ago. I think it's the only film I've seen in a theater since being back in Iowa.

I refuse to pay the price of a steak dinner to fund Hollywood propaganda.

Vgex2
12-20-22, 21:43
I viewed the first Avatar in theaters at least once, maybe twice, and purchased on Blu Ray. I don’t recall if I ever actually watched the Blu Ray. I have zero desire to see where the story goes and have no desire to break my spell of avoiding theaters. Upgrade (June 2018) was the last film I saw in theaters. None of the reviews or ads have been compelling enough and I am not going to pay $$$ on a matinee for a visually stunning, but mid story.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-22-22, 12:45
I don't care about the characters, the story, or the technology used to make it.