PDA

View Full Version : A Trillion $ Plus Bill full of pork

WillBrink
12-21-22, 15:57
Pork, woke causes, etc... So, GOP is going to fold over threats of a shutdown? This will not end well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3XUoEgyxtQ

czgunner
12-21-22, 16:09
Cocaine Mitch needs to go. He has been a problem for too long.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

glocktogo
12-21-22, 16:13
Cocaine Mitch needs to go. He has been a problem for too long.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Him and McCarthy both.

Alex V
12-21-22, 16:21
I say go all in. There is no avoiding the cliff so might as well accelerate to full speed so we can get the party started.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-21-22, 16:37
I have zero confidence in the House idiots not to screw it up. I don’t understand why the GOP keeps going to the shutdown move when it is a complete kick in the nuts every, single time since they did it back during Clinton. They shut down things that people like, close parks, send people home from work (and end up paying them anyways). And that is what would be the first order or action for the new GOP congress, shutting down the govt.

McConnel is saving the House GOP from itself.

titsonritz
12-21-22, 17:09
I say go all in. There is no avoiding the cliff so might as well accelerate to full speed so we can get the party started.

I'm going to start voting for demonrats, WTF is the difference anymore? McConnell is a first rate POS. Fiscally conservative my ass.

flenna
12-21-22, 18:12
MM is just the flip side of the same coin who, like Punch Drunk Joe and more, is owned by Red China. Do a little research into his wife’s family Asian shipping business to see who is pulling his strings.

Hank6046
12-21-22, 18:33
Every year since 2016: "The conservatives just might have a good chance next election, the Democrats really screwed up" the Republican party: "Hold my beer"

They'll fall in line and then use this as political capital instead of doing anything meaningful and building real political strength

OutofBatt3ry
12-21-22, 19:10
par for the course. Stop being surprised.

Averageman
12-21-22, 19:52
I'm always amazed that people in charge, who run our economy in to the ground also manage to become very, very rich on a government salary.
Why can't they apply the same judicous eye on our tax dollars that they do on their own dollars.

LoboTBL
12-21-22, 20:34
I'm always amazed that people in charge, who run our economy in to the ground also manage to become very, very rich on a government salary.
Why can't they apply the same judicous eye on our tax dollars that they do on their own dollars.

They keep a very, very watchful eye on our tax dollars. Where is it you think their dollars come from?

DG23
12-21-22, 21:40
Pork, woke causes, etc... So, GOP is going to fold over threats of a shutdown? This will not end well

Yet not a peep of protest from you about all the money we are throwing at USkraine (for crap we instigated).

War making causes ok - Woke causes not ok in your view?

Would prefer if my dollars were not spent on either...

SteyrAUG
12-22-22, 01:24
Rick Scott is hardly one to talk after the shit he pulled with Florida insurance companies and letting them jack rates so hard people lost their homes, and I don't mean new mortgages but people who had been homeowners going on 20 years.

But even a broke clock is right twice a day. McConnell is just one of dozens of RINO's that should be forcibly removed from office. People talk about Biden and crew, we can't even keep our own house clean.

SteyrAUG
12-22-22, 01:26
Yet not a peep of protest from you about all the money we are throwing at USkraine (for crap we instigated).

War making causes ok - Woke causes not ok in your view?

Would prefer if my dollars were not spent on either...

The HOORAY RUSSIA thread is thataway -------------------------------------------------->

WillBrink
12-22-22, 08:15

War making causes ok -

Depends on the war.

Woke causes not ok in your view?

Depends on the cause.

See below:

The HOORAY RUSSIA thread is thataway -------------------------------------------------->

Adrenaline_6
12-22-22, 08:33
All this tax payer money shell game BS is so damn obvious but yet somehow most people still don't get it.

sgtrock82
12-22-22, 18:28
All this tax payer money shell game BS is so damn obvious but yet somehow most people still don't get it.Stop thinking. Just consume product then get excited for next product. Got it? ;)

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
12-22-22, 19:42
All this tax payer money shell game BS is so damn obvious but yet somehow most people still don't get it.

Nobody spends millions of dollars to get elected to office if they don't believe they will recoup that investment and then some. Essentially we pay these people to spend our money and the only thing we get is the HOPE that they spend some of it on crap we care about or things that will actually improve lives.

WillBrink
12-23-22, 08:54
Paul on point. Paul would make a great POTUS, and if people paid attention, vs falling for pithy "MAGA" expressions and such, would have supported him bigly when he ran. He's not perfect (no one is...) but runs circles around the many puppets in the GOP, much less Dems. He and Desantis would make a great team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3PudkEZL3M

AndyLate
12-23-22, 10:20
Paul on point. Paul would make a great POTUS, and if people paid attention, vs falling for pithy "MAGA" expressions and such, would have supported him bigly when he ran. He's not perfect (no one is...) but runs circles around the many puppets in the GOP, much less Dems. He and Desantis would make a great team.

He was my pick, but we got Donald Trump instead. Still better than Killery.

Andy

WillBrink
12-23-22, 10:35
He was my pick, but we got Donald Trump instead. Still better than Killery.

Andy

He was the only GOP candidate I sent some $ to. He's too focused on actual issues and low key to get elected at POTUS sadly, but the dream team is he and Desantis and Paul a perfect VP choice. Desantis will shred any Dem in a debate and they know it, hence why the attacks started already.

Paul would be a very active VP and I bet $ Desantis would task him with trying to hold those accountable for the past few years in various areas, such as denial of lab leak etc.

Artos
12-23-22, 11:27
Chip Roy is a little frustrated & let'm have it...clown show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtKo9EEalwI

SteyrAUG
12-23-22, 12:27

Sorry he's the "kooky guy" who talks about issues and stuff. Totally not inspiring at all. My kids can't even understand what he's talking about most of the time.

Straight Shooter
12-23-22, 14:05

100% agree. We are irretrievably doomed. Our side lost, period. I loathe the republican party...what utter feckless idiots.
As Ive said before- yall holler when theres a muster somewhere.

flenna
12-23-22, 15:43
Sorry he's the "kooky guy" who talks about issues and stuff. Totally not inspiring at all. My kids can't even understand what he's talking about most of the time.

Yes, we live in a post fact society where the true issues mean nothing as voters vote with their feels, even when it hurts. Case in point: Traitor McConnell told Zylinski and Congress during this week’s address that “the defense of Ukraine is the most important issue currently facing the Republican Party and American people”. Really? I guess that is much more important than record inflation, high fuel costs, out of control crime, unchecked illegal immigration that will collapse the system, perversion and pedophilia being taught in schools, election fraud and on and on. But, given the stupidity of the American voter maybe he is right?

SteyrAUG
12-23-22, 16:45
Yes, we live in a post fact society where the true issues mean nothing as voters vote with their feels, even when it hurts. Case in point: Traitor McConnell told Zylinski and Congress during this week’s address that “the defense of Ukraine is the most important issue currently facing the Republican Party and American people”. Really? I guess that is much more important than record inflation, high fuel costs, out of control crime, unchecked illegal immigration that will collapse the system, perversion and pedophilia being taught in schools, election fraud and on and on. But, given the stupidity of the American voter maybe he is right?

Normally your post would be sarcasm because a "Red Dawn" scenario is truly unlikely, however with all the domestic issues we are facing, most of which you listed, we are kind of vulnerable to a Red Dawn scenario. Not that I think Russia is this uber power that can easily deliver an invading army, but we are in poor f'ing shape and if we did get invaded I don't think this government could handle it any more than they can the economy.

It would literally be the first "woke" war fought where people would protest the movement of tanks and such because of climate change.

flenna
12-23-22, 16:49
Normally your post would be sarcasm because a "Red Dawn" scenario is truly unlikely, however with all the domestic issues we are facing, most of which you listed, we are kind of vulnerable to a Red Dawn scenario. Not that I think Russia is this uber power that can easily deliver an invading army, but we are in poor f'ing shape and if we did get invaded I don't think this government could handle it any more than they can the economy.

It would literally be the first "woke" war fought where people would protest the movement of tanks and such because of climate change.

I think if anything the Ukraine war has shown that Russia has a third world army but with nukes who pose no danger to us as an “invader”. China does not need to invade since they own our elected officials and are inextricably tied to our economy.

ETA: I am good with giving weapons to Ukraine to fight Russia but not pallets of cash. And although helping them is important I don’t thinks it’s the MOST important thing to Americans given the current state of our country.

ABNAK
12-23-22, 17:41
I think if anything the Ukraine war has shown that Russia has a third world army but with nukes who pose no danger to us as an “invader”. China does not need to invade since they own our elected officials and are inextricably tied to our economy.

ETA: I am good with giving weapons to Ukraine to fight Russia but not pallets of cash. And although helping them is important I don’t thinks it’s the MOST important thing to Americans given the current state of our country.

Yeah I'm okay with that, but not ONE friggin' dollar for anything else. Always remember that Ukraine was part of Trump's first bullshit impeachment.....if it wasn't for the fact that the Orcs invaded them first I'd say let them rot, but I hate Russia under Putin. I will reluctantly arm the Ukes but not a penny sent for any other reason. That little sweatshirt-wearing, weasel-dick Zelensky can kiss my ass.

.45fan
12-23-22, 17:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3PudkEZL3MI voted for his dad in two primaries along with a dozen other people.
I believe rand would have the same result.

SteyrAUG
12-23-22, 18:28

I think that is where most people are at on this forum. Especially if it's any kind of lend / lease situation where we are providing things we aren't currently using or we have some new gadgets we want field tested. For starters they should have an entire air force of A-10s.

SteyrAUG
12-23-22, 18:31
I voted for his dad in two primaries along with a dozen other people.
I believe rand would have the same result.

And sadly that is what personal values, respect for the constitution and an authentic desire to serve actually looks like. The power brokers will always move quickly to marginalize such individuals and render them irrelevant.

Jellybean
12-23-22, 19:26
Normally your post would be sarcasm because a "Red Dawn" scenario is truly unlikely, however with all the domestic issues we are facing, most of which you listed, we are kind of vulnerable to a Red Dawn scenario. Not that I think Russia is this uber power that can easily deliver an invading army, but we are in poor f'ing shape and if we did get invaded I don't think this government could handle it any more than they can the economy.........
Joke's on you, the invasion is already underway. Has been for some time. Literally an army's worth of people cuing up, let alone the army's worth are already here. But... such things are taboo.

And sadly that is what personal values, respect for the constitution and an authentic desire to serve actually looks like. The power brokers will always move quickly to marginalize such individuals and render them irrelevant.
Yep.
Woulda been happy to vote for Ron back when he ran (but nobody cared, and all the mainstream normies shit on him cuz he was 'old').
Woulda been happy to vote for Rand back when he ran (but the GOP wanted a "personality")
This is why there can be no political solution within the current system.

SteyrAUG
12-23-22, 20:47
Joke's on you, the invasion is already underway. Has been for some time. Literally an army's worth of people cuing up, let alone the army's worth are already here. But... such things are taboo.

Not gonna say your statement is completely without merit, but it does seem they forgot to bring heavy weapons, armor, air and all the things that make a Red Dawn scenario pretty scary.

glocktogo
12-23-22, 22:46
Not gonna say your statement is completely without merit, but it does seem they forgot to bring heavy weapons, armor, air and all the things that make a Red Dawn scenario pretty scary.

Yep, it’s almost like calling J6 an “insurrection”. If it had been an insurrection, they wouldn’t be around to talk about it now.

SteyrAUG
12-23-22, 23:56
Yep, it’s almost like calling J6 an “insurrection”. If it had been an insurrection, they wouldn’t be around to talk about it now.

If J6 was an insurrection and "we" showed up with only small arms, we'd be having this discussion from INSIDE the capitol building.

The only thing we'd have to think about is which "congressional guest" will be making our food run that night.