PDA

View Full Version : Because I've Always Been Kind Of A Smartass...

SteyrAUG
12-23-22, 18:23
The first year I had a FFL (1998), I ran an ATF special which we featured prominently when doing gun shows.

https://i.imgur.com/56XhUZh.jpg

I was doing a computer backup and happened to be looking at some old files.

ABNAK
12-23-22, 18:30
I like it! Kind of a not-so-subtle finger in the eye of the BATFags. That was during the Klinton days too.....nice!

BTW, love those wide handguards on the HK's, not a fan of the skinny ones.

Johnny Rico
12-23-22, 18:30
:laugh:

titsonritz
12-23-22, 20:25
That is awesome. :smile:

And always remember, it is better to be a smartass than a dumbass.

HKGuns
12-23-22, 21:49
Dang if that had been a single malt and stogie, I’d prolly had to buy one from you back then.

OutofBatt3ry
12-23-22, 22:01
I was in high school in '98. Maybe sophomore?

HKGuns
12-23-22, 22:32
I was in high school in '98. Maybe sophomore?

Punk [emoji3]

OutofBatt3ry
12-23-22, 22:36
Punk [emoji3]

lol, yeah. Millennials are old now, too.

joedirt199
12-24-22, 21:58
Not much before that I was drooling over HK sales adds in dad's Shotgun News magazines and wishing he would open the safe more so I could play with his HK91.

SteyrAUG
12-24-22, 22:05
Not much before that I was drooling over HK sales adds in dad's Shotgun News magazines and wishing he would open the safe more so I could play with his HK91.

So I actually grabbed a 91 and a 93 back in '83 when I was still in high school. Paid out of pocket with my part time job. They were $350 each which is about what I made in a month, so two months wages.

I really, really loved them, but walking out of the gun store I felt like I had been completely robbed. I feel a lot better about the purchase today. I also had a SP1 carbine and I think I paid $225 for it back in '81.

ABNAK
12-24-22, 22:10
So I actually grabbed a 91 and a 93 back in '83 when I was still in high school. Paid out of pocket with my part time job. They were $350 each which is about what I made in a month, so two months wages.

I really, really loved them, but walking out of the gun store I felt like I had been completely robbed. I feel a lot better about the purchase today. I also had a SP1 carbine and I think I paid $225 for it back in '81.

Adjust for inflation and you didn't do too bad. Not to mention just finding the real-deal HK's for about any price these days!

SteyrAUG
12-25-22, 00:57
Adjust for inflation and you didn't do too bad. Not to mention just finding the real-deal HK's for about any price these days!

So I used to leave them in the back of my Blazer all day long at school because the range was just an extra mile the other way and no sense driving home. So on any given day in the school parking lot I might have all three rifles and about a 1,000 rounds of ammo. Today that would probably be multiple felonies.

As for price, I've overpaid for firearms before but it's never taken away from the enjoyment of owning a good firearm. I've also gotten really amazing deals on firearms that weren't particularly amazing and the "great deal" price wears off quickly. I paid full retail for my P226 back in 1985 because they were new and in demand, I didn't mind. It quickly became my favorite handgun.