PDA

View Full Version : COLT - Because you suck. And we hate you...

SteyrAUG
12-24-22, 21:43
Long before HK ever said "can't have" Colt was perfecting the policy.

Even before there was a law saying "can't have", Colt was already there.

https://i.imgur.com/GqJPNKZ.jpg

mack7.62
12-24-22, 21:55
I always hated the Colt AR shenanigans, oversize front pivot pin, oversize FCG pins, pinned blocks used to love Colt uppers and hate their lowers.

SteyrAUG
12-24-22, 22:02
I always hated the Colt AR shenanigans, oversize front pivot pin, oversize FCG pins, pinned blocks used to love Colt uppers and hate their lowers.

These are M-16s. You can't really blame the "big screw" on Colt however, ATF rules about readily convertible and such.

HKGuns
12-25-22, 08:43
These are M-16s. You can't really blame the "big screw" on Colt however, ATF rules about readily convertible and such.

Sure you can. Colt did everything possible to bend the knee to .Gov and even went beyond reasonable at the expense of their customers with pins and filler aluminum.

jsbhike
12-25-22, 09:05
No reason manufacturers couldn't impose ban area laws on to agencies/individuals using similar tactics, except for supporting it.

SteyrAUG
12-25-22, 15:41
Sure you can. Colt did everything possible to bend the knee to .Gov and even went beyond reasonable at the expense of their customers with pins and filler aluminum.

This is true when it comes to the 94 Clinton ban, but after 1968, ATF was making sure none of these semi autos had commonality with their full auto cousins. That is why the HK91 is not a push pin trigger group.

mack7.62
12-26-22, 08:23
This is true when it comes to the 94 Clinton ban, but after 1968, ATF was making sure none of these semi autos had commonality with their full auto cousins. That is why the HK91 is not a push pin trigger group.

Only problem with that is that the SP1 had the oversize screw in I964, this is an example of Colt hating on civies. The internal changes to the lower so the auto sear would not fit were enough as shown by Bushmaster and others a few years later but Colt was always willing to go that extra mile.

HK deserves a different kind of hate for not keeping the mag release flapper, I could live with the shelf. Both of these were big companies sitting fat dumb and happy with government contracts looking down on us peons.

jsbhike
12-26-22, 08:42
Only problem with that is that the SP1 had the oversize screw in I964, this is an example of Colt hating on civies. The internal changes to the lower so the auto sear would not fit were enough as shown by Bushmaster and others a few years later but Colt was always willing to go that extra mile.

Here is an example.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/78/1794/rare-early-1964-production-colt-sp1-ar15-semiautomatic-rifle

Not limited to Colt. The most rabidly anti 2A individual with a badge(and in some businesses this gets extended to prosecutors and judges) will frequently get a discount in a large percentage of firearms oriented businesses. In essence, a person wishing/trying to eliminate 2/3(or more) of a firearms business income gets a reward not extended to 2/3(or more) of their customers.

P2Vaircrewman
12-26-22, 10:08
Here is an example.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/78/1794/rare-early-1964-production-colt-sp1-ar15-semiautomatic-rifle

Not limited to Colt. The most rabidly anti 2A individual with a badge(and in some businesses this gets extended to prosecutors and judges) will frequently get a discount in a large percentage of firearms oriented businesses. In essence, a person wishing/trying to eliminate 2/3(or more) of a firearms business income gets a reward not extended to 2/3(or more) of their customers.

My cousin has a 1964 SP-1 he bought new in 64.

prepare
12-26-22, 18:46
Colt was producing 40,000 M16's per month in 1966...and still couldn't keep up with the demand.

SteyrAUG
12-26-22, 20:17

HK deserves a different kind of hate for not keeping the mag release flapper, I could live with the shelf. Both of these were big companies sitting fat dumb and happy with government contracts looking down on us peons.

ATF was flexing as early as 1962 as evidenced by changed to early G3 semi's and G series FALs. The reason HK deleted the paddle mag release was if you unintentionally drilled that hold through both sides, you now had a MG. The earliest G3 semis were push pins with a paddle mag release.