PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 question

Slater
12-27-22, 09:48
Is there any real difference between the G21 Gen 4 and the G21 Short Frame? Dimensionally they seem to be the same.

robbins290
12-27-22, 14:34
Having both, With the gen 4 with out the back strap feels the same as the SF frame. At least feels like it to me with my hands. Besides the texture, I am pretty sure they are the same. I can break them apart and take pics if you need me to. What exactly do you want to measure or compare?

Slater
12-27-22, 14:40
Having both, With the gen 4 with out the back strap feels the same as the SF frame. At least feels like it to me with my hands. Besides the texture, I am pretty sure they are the same. I can break them apart and take pics if you need me to. What exactly do you want to measure or compare?

Nothing specific. Looking at the specs on both I couldn't see any significant difference between the two.

robbins290
12-27-22, 14:41
Gotcha, let us know if you end up getting one.

sinister
12-27-22, 16:45
The Gen 3 G21 Short Frame and the Gen 4 have the same "Girth" dimensions around the grip. The biggest differences are in length of the magazine release button and the grip texturing.

Glock can't sell their Gen 4 or 5 pistols to civilians in California (they're not on the California Attorney General's "Approved for import and sale" roster), thus the Gen 3 Short Frame.

Pappabear
01-04-23, 18:01
I had a 21 that I thought was called a slim frame, is that different than short frame?

PB

jsbhike
01-06-23, 09:51
I had a 21 that I thought was called a slim frame, is that different than short frame?

PB

I think early on, most people(me included) thought it was slim frame, but the frame width was always the same as a non SF 21. The difference is the distance from the front to rear of the grip.

Best I can recall, the original 21 SF had a 1913 rail(and apparently a standard Glock rail model that is rare) PLUS an ambi mag release that was not reliable before they settled on stock Glock rail and standard mag release.

WillieThom
01-16-23, 20:20
Not a big enough deal to start a new thread… but have a look-see here!! Might be right up your alley, OP:

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g21-gen5-mos

I know most won’t be as excited as I am about it but I have been waiting for this day since Gen 5s we’re first announced.

Now if only they’d get it together in a hurry and put out a Gen 5 Glock 30 that has the slide dimensions of the 30S and a longer grip to accommodate a 10rd Mag that’s NOT extended. You know… Glock 19 dimensions but in a .45acp package with 10+1 rounds.