PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Lott Testifies Before House Committee (Gives 3 Basic Facts Everyone Should Know!)

titsonritz
12-28-22, 18:36
Be sure to watch the video in the link below.

Dr. Lott delivered a lot of information but he began with three basic facts that everyone should know about gun-related violence in America.

Here they are:

1. Over 92% of violent crimes in America do not involve firearms. The U.S. Department of
Justice’s National Crime Victimization Survey for 2020 shows 4,558,150 rapes, robberies, and
aggravated assaults, and the FBI reports 21,570 murders. Of those, firearms were involved
in 350,460 rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults. Adding those numbers up, 7.9% of violent
crimes were committed with firearms.

2. While the US media doesn’t give much, if any, coverage to mass public shootings in other countries, mass public shootings per capita are relatively low in the United States compared to the rest of the world. Over the 20 years from 1998 to 2017, the US had less than 1.13% of the world’s share of mass public shooters and 1.77% of its mass public shooting murders. That’s much less than the US’s 4.6% share of the world population. Since 2000, there have been nine mass public school shootings in the US. Germany had only three over that period and Finland had only one, but the United States has four times the population of Germany and sixty times that of Finland. Russia has had four such massacres, but we have 2.3 times its population. On a per capita basis, all three countries have a similar or higher rate compared to that of the US.

3. Like many other mass public shooters, the Buffalo shooter targeted defenseless people. He even wrote in his manifesto: “Attacking in a weapon-restricted area may decrease the chance of civilian backlash. Schools, courts, or areas where CCW are outlawed or prohibited may be good areas of attack. Areas where CCW permits are low may also fit in this category. Areas with strict gun laws are also great places of attack.” The national media refuses to report other explicit statements by attackers explaining why they pick the targets they do. Nor do they report the fact that 94% of mass public shootings occur in places where civilians are banned from having firearms.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/dr-lott-testifies-3-basic-facts-everyone-should-know/

MarshallDodge
12-28-22, 18:38
May God bless Dr. Lott.

WillBrink
12-28-22, 18:45
Dr Lott fights the good fight. I have communicated with him over the years. Seems like a decent sort all around.

flenna
12-28-22, 19:00
Good stuff from Dr. Lott as usual but unfortunately facts mean nothing in today’s society. It’s all about feels and pushing the communist agenda.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-29-22, 15:23
I wanted to bitch slap that woman’s thing behind him, who kept on shaking her head Every time he made a good point.

Straight Shooter
12-29-22, 16:32
In one ear- out the other. Theyve already forgotten everything he said.

SteyrAUG
12-29-22, 17:20
Ignore - Rinse - Repeat.

I'm sure the only thing anyone got from his appearance was being annoyed they had to listen to it.

We need to find a little girl who knows how to say "How Dare You."

LoboTBL
12-29-22, 17:57
Ignore - Rinse - Repeat.

I'm sure the only thing anyone got from his appearance was being annoyed they had to listen to it.

That's actually not a bad idea at all. I'm sure there is an extremely articulate young lady out there somewhere who is involved in competition shooting and extremely pro 2nd Amendment and would also quite likely be thrilled to be an advocate. That's really one thing that the NRA-ILA should be doing with contributions since wining and dining legislators doesn't seem to keep them beholden to any promises or tacit support.

titsonritz
12-29-22, 18:01
That's actually not a bad idea at all. I'm sure there is an extremely articulate young lady out there somewhere who is involved in competition shooting and extremely pro 2nd Amendment and would also quite likely be thrilled to be an advocate. That's really one thing that the NRA-ILA should be doing with contributions since wining and dining legislators doesn't seem to keep them beholden to any promises or tacit support.

The anti-2A dirtballs still wouldn't care, she'd be just another little girl in need of gender reassignment.

Straight Shooter
12-29-22, 19:27
Ignore - Rinse - Repeat.

I nominate AUTUMN from Autumn's Armory. She is a doll..and VERY up & coming in the firearms world.

SteyrAUG
12-29-22, 19:34

It's only worked ONE TIME that I can think of. Suzanna Hupp who survived the Luby's cafeteria shooting (where both her parents were killed" testified that she could have had a .38 and saved them but it was "100 feet away in her car" and TX law at the time didn't permit her to carry it on her person. The Democratic governor Ann Richards had vetoed all previous attempts to pass CCW laws in TX. In 1994 George Bush defeated her in that election year and a year later finally signed a CCW bill into law.

Hupp testified across the country in support of concealed handgun laws, and was elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 1996.

So you literally almost have to die, and then point out that the opportunity to save lives existed but wasn't legal, just to get a law passed that say's you can carry a damn gun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanna_Hupp

titsonritz
12-30-22, 00:15
It's only worked ONE TIME that I can think of. Suzanna Hupp who survived the Luby's cafeteria shooting (where both her parents were killed" testified that she could have had a .38 and saved them but it was "100 feet away in her car" and TX law at the time didn't permit her to carry it on her person. The Democratic governor Ann Richards had vetoed all previous attempts to pass CCW laws in TX. In 1994 George Bush defeated her in that election year and a year later finally signed a CCW bill into law.

Hupp testified across the country in support of concealed handgun laws, and was elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 1996.

So you literally almost have to die, and then point out that the opportunity to save lives existed but wasn't legal, just to get a law passed that say's you can carry a damn gun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanna_Hupp

I've quoted that video a bunch over the years. Everyone should watch it, or at least the end of her testimony at 5:30...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBz9Kfcm0UM