PDA

View Full Version : Charging Handle Help

AndyLate
12-28-22, 22:12
I did a little digging and found that Vltor is making their own CHs and for a bit better price than BCM.

I use BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 CHs on my other scoped ARs but they have been replaced by the 4B model. I have not kept up since I have not bought a charging handle for some time.

EDIT - I cropped the post after I used my noggin and searched the web for the Gunfighter CH in a different way.

Long story short, I put an upper together, including rifle scope and the location and size of the eyepiece makes using a GI CH awkward. I use the BCM Mod 4 in my other scoped ARs and was puzzled when I found out that BCM changed to a different design.

Thank you

Andy

JediGuy
12-29-22, 04:49
A couple companies use(d) VLTOR as their OEM, as well. Forward Controls Design did for at least a while. Maybe SOLGW? I’ve seen at least 2-3 since BCM made their own.

They’re great charging handles.

markm
12-29-22, 08:02
Try that fancy new pick ax looking thing in that idiotic thread going here for the last week!! :sarcastic:

Seriously though. BCM is a no brainer.

DoubleW
12-29-22, 08:07
Are you wanting CH recommendations? Wait til the next sale and then grab a couple Geissele SD or Airborne CH’s at around $60 a piece.

Duffy
12-29-22, 09:18
We still use Vltor's single latch (non-ambi) with our logo on them. ACF (our ambi CH) doesn't and won't have a non-ambi version, so VCH-SF-4 became our non-ambi CH.

HKGuns
12-29-22, 09:48
We still use Vltor's single latch (non-ambi) with our logo on them. ACF (our ambi CH) doesn't and won't have a non-ambi version, so VCH-SF-4 became our non-ambi CH.

Have you had any issues getting product from VLTOR?

Seems their production of A5 HW at least still hasn’t recovered. Not sure what is going on there and they are a bit cagey when asked.

Duffy
12-29-22, 20:23
Vltor is like that, they get them in batches, so we get them in batches. We have A5 equivalent products that work and sell as well, if not better than Vltors, but they're all in support of the A5. Oure RE5F is a collaboration with SOLGW, has minor ergonomics features that RE-A5 doesn't. When we can't get Vltor A5 buffers, we get BCM's A5 buffers, so we're mostly covered when there is a shortage (no long these days if any) from Vltor.

Back in 2020 during the height of lockdowns and buying frenzy, things were much worse. 20 A5 H2 buffers and RE-A5 (all we could get) would sell out in 60 seconds. I often wondered about it myself and have heard different reasons, but it's their way of dealing with supply and demand, if it works for them, good on them. Vltor is one of my favorite companies, has been since Eric ran and owned it in 2000 or so.

HKGuns
12-29-22, 20:33
Vltor is like that, they get them in batches, so we get them in batches. We have A5 equivalent products that work and sell as well, if not better than Vltors, but they're all in support of the A5. Oure RE5F is a collaboration with SOLGW, has minor ergonomics features that RE-A5 doesn't. When we can't get Vltor A5 buffers, we get BCM's A5 buffers, so we're mostly covered when there is a shortage (no long these days if any) from Vltor.

Back in 2020 during the height of lockdowns and buying frenzy, things were much worse. 20 A5 H2 buffers and RE-A5 (all we could get) would sell out in 60 seconds. I often wondered about it myself and have heard different reasons, but it's their way of dealing with supply and demand, if it works for them, good on them. Vltor is one of my favorite companies, has been since Eric ran and owned it in 2000 or so.

Thanks for the response and advice. They're one of my favorites as well, which is why I asked. You have lots of good stuff too and I love it when the well trained shipping monkey cranks it up! :)

AndyLate
12-30-22, 08:19
Are you wanting CH recommendations? Wait til the next sale and then grab a couple Geissele SD or Airborne CH’s at around $60 a piece.

From your lips to Bill's ears :)
https://geissele.com/rifle-parts/upper-parts/charging-handles.html

Andy

odugrad
12-30-22, 09:53

Andy

Thanks! Just snagged two airborne chs. I've also used aero's breach charging handles and I've been pleased with those. You can find good deals on them.

titsonritz
12-30-22, 13:16

Andy

I've tried both, don't care at for the SD and prefer the Radian over Airborne CH, so I sold off or traded most of my G CHs. Great deal for those that like them.

Moonlight Again
12-30-22, 15:13
Roger:

You always come across as a super class act. I always enjoy seeing one of your posts.

prepare
12-30-22, 18:21

Why is it listed ACF- Randy?
No black?

wigbones
12-30-22, 19:35
Randy items are their blems.

Duffy
12-31-22, 11:33
We rejected hundreds of ACFs, cut them up and made them into key rings lol, we call it Super Potato 2000, in honor of 47th.

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/assets/images/IMG_1022.jpeg

Hammer_Man
12-31-22, 11:44
Just a heads up, Midway has Vltor mod 4 in stock for $56.66 plus shipping.

prepare
12-31-22, 11:55
We rejected hundreds of ACFs, cut them up and made them into key rings lol, we call it Super Potato 2000, in honor of 47th.

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/assets/images/IMG_1022.jpeg

Does FCD make the ACF or does VLTOR?

polydeuces
12-31-22, 12:29
Wasn't this developed by VLTOR and BCM in cooperation? I have (somewhere....) one of their first (trial?) CH's with both BCM and VLTOR logos on it.

e z money
01-01-23, 09:07
I like the Radian Raptor LT. It's the one with over molded polymer. It's about $20 less than the regular Raptor. When I bought it, I didn't know it was the polymer one, just thought I got a good deal. I was going to return it, but now I like it. It's not totally plastic. It's plastic over the metal. I like it a lot. I think they are about $75

Duffy
01-02-23, 15:03
ACF is our design and manufacture.

Jim D
01-02-23, 15:11
Wasn't this developed by VLTOR and BCM in cooperation? I have (somewhere....) one of their first (trial?) CH's with both BCM and VLTOR logos on it.

If I remember correctly BCM basically licensed it as an exclusive for years. One of the big guys at Vltor left and works at BCM now. Since then BCM has released their own beefed up upper receiver (Mk2 vs MUR), their own buffer system (similar to the A5), and now have their own charging handle which they don't have to purchase (or license) from Vltor.

I believe he's a member here.