PDA

View Full Version : Why I love The Waffle House.

Averageman
12-31-22, 11:50
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/12/30/watch-epic-response-to-brawl-by-waffle-house-employee-wonder-woman-makes-it-even-better-n681026
It's not the food, it's the entertainment.
Apparently the folks in Austin Texas haven't been intoduced to a coffee cup full of grease right out the Deep fryer yet.

OutofBatt3ry
12-31-22, 12:20
I've never been to one. There's one about a mile from my house. Actually, someone was murdered in the parking lot there a few weeks ago.

.45fan
12-31-22, 12:23
There are none in Michigan to my knowledge, but I try to stop at one when I go to a state that has them.

gsd2053
12-31-22, 12:29
In for pics of meth head waitress crush

pinzgauer
12-31-22, 12:33
Why you raggin on waffle house...

https://youtu.be/Dok7x-mUcvM

"I want someone with a felony on that grill..."

Classic rant with much truth

"The tables are small, and they'll bring your food on a hundred plates! And you'll be thankful!"

chuckman
12-31-22, 12:58
There was one half a mile from one of the EMS stations where I used to work as a paramedic. It was the only place we could eat after 9 pm, so we frequented it. I like Waffle House, both the food and the culture.

Averageman
12-31-22, 13:24
There was one half a mile from one of the EMS stations where I used to work as a paramedic. It was the only place we could eat after 9 pm, so we frequented it. I like Waffle House, both the food and the culture.

I bet they loved it when you guys came in, suddenly the Zombies shuffled out.
Honestly, if you threw a chair over the counter at me I would throw hot grease back.

1_click_off
12-31-22, 14:00
We here in the South have the Waffle House Index for if the mandatory hurricane evacuations are truly mandatory. If Waffle House is closed, you better get out of Dodge.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffle_House_Index

Straight Shooter
12-31-22, 16:05
In my experience...they are either REAL good...barely decent..or utterly horrific.
Ive have two encounters at WH..one inside, one as I was about to put my GF in the car.
I NEVER go into one without a gun.

Sam
12-31-22, 16:32
There are Waffle Houses that you don't go in and there are those that you would. Just like any establishment, scout it out before you go in.

Once, half of our pistol class, including Ken Hackathorn, went in a WH to have a quick dinner because everything else was busy. Another time, Larry Vickers and a few of us had breakfast at the same WH.

SteyrAUG
12-31-22, 17:42
In my experience...they are either REAL good...barely decent..or utterly horrific.

That is no joke. One of the best breakfast's I've had in my life was a Waffle House in TN. Of course we had been driving all night and were starving, but it was actually really good.

Been in a couple in north Florida where after looking around I only needed coffee.

AndyLate
12-31-22, 18:10
Its been 30 years since my wife and I went to our first WH. We both still remember the lady customer wearing sandals with the dirtiest feet you could imagine.

Andy

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-31-22, 18:19
Had a family road trip so we had lunch at a WH off of I-75 in Kentucky. Didn’t disappoint.. Meth mouth waitress, as sweet as sugar. Looked like a felon on the grill…. Perfect introduction for the kids.

The Dumb Gun Collector
12-31-22, 18:31
Waffle House is fantastic. But it isn't for the fru-fru types.

https://youtu.be/v02mT37pm_8

BoringGuy45
12-31-22, 22:45
Waffle House is fantastic. But it isn't for the fru-fru types.

https://youtu.be/v02mT37pm_8

One of my favorite bits by Gaffigan: "If you've never been to a Waffle House, just imagine a gas station bathroom that sells waffles," LMAO :lol:!!

P2Vaircrewman
01-01-23, 00:57
Love Waffle House, every one is a new adventure.

titsonritz
01-01-23, 02:43
That was great Lynda Carter weighing in.

flenna
01-01-23, 07:22
I’ve never been to a Waffle House sober. And it’s been 20 years since I quit drinking.

jsbhike
01-01-23, 10:05
Wife and I went to steak house, got seated, and maybe got our drinks.

Realized it had been 15 to 20 minutes since anyone checked on us after that and really didn't see any other staff out in the dining area so we left.

That following week she called to complain and was told that was the afternoon a staff fight broke out in the kitchen lol

OutofBatt3ry
01-01-23, 11:23
Waffle House claims another

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/01/01/man-dead-after-suspect-shoots-car-along-interstate-10-phoenix-police-say/

"Police say a man is dead, and another is in the hospital after a Sunday morning shooting in Phoenix. Just before 2:30 a.m., officers were called to a Waffle House off Interstate 10 and University Drive and found two men shot. Both men were taken to the hospital, where one later died from his injuries."

jsbhike
01-01-23, 11:50
Only seen a few without a sign up.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/news/what-is-waffle-houses-gun-policy/

P2Vaircrewman
01-02-23, 08:44
I have been to quite a few Waffle Houses, saw a no gun sign at only one.

jsbhike
01-02-23, 09:15
I have been to quite a few Waffle Houses, saw a no gun sign at only one.

The ones I have been in with signs up were in/around/near fairly large(and anti 2A) cities while the ones without tended to be in smaller towns and tend to he the only Waffle House within a county or sometimes multiple county areas so likely a franchisee weighing corporate views versus area demographics.

titsonritz
01-03-23, 22:47
Waffle House Wendy :sarcastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz0hWpJvyaw

SteyrAUG
01-04-23, 01:54
Waffle House Wendy :sarcastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz0hWpJvyaw

I'm seeing a HATE CRIME.

Diamondback
01-04-23, 07:51
How they're treating her puts them on MY Blacklist. I always keep some beef sticks and trail mix in the EDC bag anyway, so not like I'd be THAT desperate that I can't wait til I find a Denny's or the local mom-n-pop opens.

kerplode
01-04-23, 11:29
I went into a Waffle House once...Once. My hipster buddy thought it would be ironic to eat there or some shit and I was dumb and went along.

We more than doubled the tooth count of the entire establishment, and I'm pretty positive we were the only ones that didn't have felony convictions, Hep C, and Meth addictions. Yup, the Waffle House Trifecta.

I had the good sense not to bother ordering anything, but he got some hashbrown shitshow. When the lady covered in sored delivered it, he kinda picked at it and then suggested we go somewhere else.

At least we didn't get stabbed...

chuckman
01-04-23, 12:00
I went into a Waffle House once...Once. My hipster buddy thought it would be ironic to eat there or some shit and I was dumb and went along.

We more than doubled the tooth count of the entire establishment, and I'm pretty positive we were the only ones that didn't have felony convictions, Hep C, and Meth addictions. Yup, the Waffle House Trifecta.

I had the good sense not to bother ordering anything, but he got some hashbrown shitshow. When the lady covered in sored delivered it, he kinda picked at it and then suggested we go somewhere else.

At least we didn't get stabbed...

Our closest one abuts Duke University. You are more likely to rub elbows with folks with PhDs and Nobel prizes as anyone else. Location does make a difference.

As for the quality of the servers and food. Man, if I didn't eat sh** by sketchy people in my military and EMS career, I would have been downright anorexic from never eating. It's why you get vaccinated (for Hep A at least).

gaijin
01-04-23, 12:05
I’m used to skating in onna grease.

Waffle House an INSTITUTION in our parts.

Go armed.

titsonritz
01-04-23, 12:47
I'm seeing a HATE CRIME.

If only they were color blind...

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-04-23, 12:52
As an aside, I had to walk out of WH last month. I was on a trip and did some overseas zoom meetings, so I had 'dinner' after midnight on a wednesday. WH was open, but there was a 30-45 min wait for food. Not enough workers. Just like this lady said.

I know the convicts aren't back in jail. They aren't on the griddle either. Crime must really be paying....

titsonritz
01-04-23, 13:03
As an aside, I had to walk out of WH last month. I was on a trip and did some overseas zoom meetings, so I had 'dinner' after midnight on a wednesday. WH was open, but there was a 30-45 min wait for food. Not enough workers. Just like this lady said.

I know the convicts aren't back in jail. They aren't on the griddle either. Crime must really be paying....

That and no real concern of prosecution.

pinzgauer
01-04-23, 13:23
Our closest one abuts Duke University. You are more likely to rub elbows with folks with PhDs and Nobel prizes as anyone else. Location does make a difference.

This is true in our area for sure.

The crazy fights you see on video are happening in places where that kind of stuff happens on the sidewalk as well.

Get out in the suburbs and eat at an awful waffle near where normal people live and there's never any drama, the place is pretty clean, and the food is good if not fancy.

Note that the location impacts just about any restaurant.