PDA

View Full Version : Proof that mass non--compliance works

Adrenaline_6
01-03-23, 08:53
All fireworks are illegal in Hawaii. The problem is that the tradition of fireworks for New Years is a strong Chinese tradition and a heavy part of their culture . Due to this tradition and culture and a bunch of early immigration in the late 1800's, this is now a strong part of culture in Hawaii. It has been illegal for years now. People don't care and the government can do nothing to stop it.

This shot is just from cars parking on the shoulder off the H1 freeway and is just a snippet of what is going on, but juts this snippet makes any fireworks show look almost minor league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cskyKJVKZFY

Adrenaline_6
01-03-23, 08:54
Another good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKIfcq6XIh4

seb5
01-03-23, 10:13
I was on Waikiki for July 4th three years ago and they had an enormous display out on the water. I was watching it so didn't notice much more from the Honolulu side. The reality is there's too many people doing it to really enforce anyway. I imagine it's that way in every major city.

crosseyedshooter
01-03-23, 10:23
I don't think that's quite proof that non-compliance "works." To me, it shows unenforceable laws are just that. An example of non-compliance that worked is something like the marijuana laws eventually being changed at the state level and, I would assume eventually, the Federal level.

Anyway, a lovely display of fireworks.

Adrenaline_6
01-03-23, 12:46
I don't think that's quite proof that non-compliance "works." To me, it shows unenforceable laws are just that. An example of non-compliance that worked is something like the marijuana laws eventually being changed at the state level and, I would assume eventually, the Federal level.

Anyway, a lovely display of fireworks.

Oh, it's enforceable. The problem is that the cops themselves are in on it. Some of them are the black market sellers. They know and are connected to the stevedores/etc to make those containers come in, get loaded and delivered. It's not enforced on purpose. Kind of like prohibition was. You create a black market with enough willing customers, it is very lucrative and worth the risk and with the right people involved at the right levels of government, risk is minimal.

titsonritz
01-03-23, 12:55
"They" would rather have a little non-compliance than the real fireworks.

utahjeepr
01-03-23, 14:01
Just cause the lion can't kill all the zebras don't mean the lion doesn't still kill a zebra from time to time.

Still better to not be a zebra, or at least be a zebra that doesn't draw the attention of a hungry lion. Just sayin.

Adrenaline_6
01-03-23, 14:55
Just cause the lion can't kill all the zebras don't mean the lion doesn't still kill a zebra from time to time.

Still better to not be a zebra, or at least be a zebra that doesn't draw the attention of a hungry lion. Just sayin.

True...but in this particular case, it's been years...not one zebra.

In the firearms case, if united like this, the zebras also have claws and teeth. The lions better be careful where and how they tread.

gsd2053
01-03-23, 15:49
Until you do something they are set to stand on. Then you are labeled a terrorist. They spread misinformation narratives about you through ALL of their media and social outlets and all of their DOJ and Politicians hold conferences to tell the people how to think about you.

You and anyone like you are painted into a wanted poster. For the Safety of the democracy!

hotbiggun42
01-03-23, 21:08
Haha, suck it you bunch of wannabe dictators.