PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: 7 year old shoots teacher in elementary school

Harpoon
01-06-23, 14:34
https://twitter.com/fox3news
@fox3news

"7-year-old student shot teacher in the abdomen at Richneck Elementary School in Newport News, Virginia. Pd is o/s advising have the shooter detained. Advising medics can approach."

SteyrAUG
01-06-23, 17:00
That's it.

I'm pretty pro second amendment BUT we need to stop selling firearms to 7 year olds.

If this isn't final proof of the "fall down, colossal failure of 50+ years of gun control" I don't know what is. There are people who died needlessly while waiting for a firearm during a cooling off period (when the person they were afraid of didn't "cool off"), but a 7 year old can get a gun.

Harpoon
01-06-23, 17:37
They now are saying the shooter was 6 years old.
The female teacher is critical with life threatening injuries.

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/six-year-old-school-shooting-january-06-2023

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — Police took a six-year-old student into custody Friday after a shooting at a Virginia elementary school sent a teacher to the hospital, police and school officials in the city of Newport News said. The woman has life-threatening injuries, police said.

No students were injured at the shooting at Richneck Elementary School, police said in a news release.

“We did not have a situation where someone was going around the school shooting,” Steve Drew, the city's police chief, told reporters outside the school. “We have a situation in one particular location where a gunshot was fired.”

Averageman
01-06-23, 17:54
The female teacher is critical with life threatening injuries.

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/six-year-old-school-shooting-january-06-2023

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — Police took a six-year-old student into custody Friday after a shooting at a Virginia elementary school sent a teacher to the hospital, police and school officials in the city of Newport News said. The woman has life-threatening injuries, police said.

No students were injured at the shooting at Richneck Elementary School, police said in a news release.

“We did not have a situation where someone was going around the school shooting,” Steve Drew, the city's police chief, told reporters outside the school. “We have a situation in one particular location where a gunshot was fired.”

I thought I saw that someone else had a heart attack on the scene.

markm
01-06-23, 17:58
Gun show ghost gun loop holes!!! :mad:

flenna
01-06-23, 18:26
That's it.

I'm pretty pro second amendment BUT we need to stop selling firearms to 7 year olds.

If this isn't final proof of the "fall down, colossal failure of 50+ years of gun control" I don't know what is. There are people who died needlessly while waiting for a firearm during a cooling off period (when the person they were afraid of didn't "cool off"), but a 7 year old can get a gun.

Kid probably ordered it off the internet using the gun show loophole.

WillieThom
01-06-23, 20:15
"7-year-old student shot teacher in the abdomen at Richneck Elementary School in Newport News, Virginia. Pd is o/s advising have the shooter detained. Advising medics can approach."

I smell lies! It’s a conspiracy! I think Biden did it! Fake news!

odugrad
01-06-23, 20:22
Hey, guys. Just asking for prayers. It was my wife's cousin. It looks likes she was shot in the hand and chest. She's stable from what we understand.

Artos
01-06-23, 20:55
Hey, guys. Just asking for prayers. It was my wife's cousin. It looks likes she was shot in the hand and chest. She's stable from what we understand.

Oh crap...keep us posted on any 411 that runs your way.

<><

SteyrAUG
01-06-23, 23:30
Kid probably ordered it off the internet using the gun show loophole.

Kid probably completed a 80% ghost gun on his bubble jet printer.

SteyrAUG
01-06-23, 23:31

Crap. Apologies for my sarcastic remarks.

LoboTBL
01-07-23, 01:13
Good to hear that she is stable. As all of us here do, I hope she gets the best treatment possible and fully recovers.

01-07-23, 03:57

Sorry to hear that, brother. Hopefully she has a good outcome.

AndyLate
01-07-23, 07:41
I certainly hope the teacher pulls through and am glad to hear she appears stable.

I am somewhat stunned the shooter was arrested and assume one or two parents or guardians are behind bars.

Andy

Harpoon
01-07-23, 08:30
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/245498451_4741656832511034_5745971645393973665_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=7aed08&_nc_ohc=GI9aRubwd-kAX8N0IQN&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&edm=AN6CN6oEAAAA&oh=00_AfBocKaWlF6Yzd4ASrp3yPg1_LKbCzi7FeurvItgOec4ZA&oe=63BEA9D4
The teacher who was shot has been identified as Abby Zwerner

Gonzalez-Hernandez told Daily Mail that Zwerner is a hero. “She screamed at her kids to run away” after the student opened fire, he told the site, adding, “Even after she’d been shot she was thinking about the safety of her children.”

mack7.62
01-07-23, 08:39
I certainly hope the teacher pulls through and am glad to hear she appears stable.

I am somewhat stunned the shooter was arrested and assume one or two parents or guardians are behind bars.

Andy

According to the report the shooting was intentional, what else are you going to do but arrest.

According to the Chief of Police in Newport News, Steve Drew, a 6-year-old kid and his teacher got into “an altercation” before the boy pulled a firearm on the teacher and shot her. The child was detained for further investigation. No students were wounded.

Zwerner, who was from Williamsburg, is alleged to have been involved in a “altercation” with the suspect, who has not been publicly identified by the police, before she was shot.

Zwerner’s name was confirmed to FOX3 by her parent, Sebastian Gonzalez-Hernandez, who also described her selflessness in the moments immediately following the tragedy.

He said that after the student shot one bullet, “she screamed at her kids to run away.”

According to Gonzalez-Hernandez, the victim was concerned about the well-being of her children even after she had been shot.

john armond
01-07-23, 08:45
According to the report the shooting was intentional, what else are you going to do but arrest.

Good thing this didn’t happen anywhere in the state on NY. New law there is no arrests or charges for anyone under 12 for anything other than murder. They instead get referred for counseling, and the counseling is supposedly voluntary so they can just say, naaaa not going.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madelineleesman/2023/01/02/new-york-wont-persecute-children-under-12-for-any-crime-going-forward-n2617778

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/nys-no-longer-prosecuting-children-under-12-in-2023/

AndyLate
01-07-23, 08:57
It is simply hard for me to fathom a 6 year old child understanding the result of shooting someone.

Also the reporting - "altercation" with a six year old. No, she was correcting behavior of a child. Altercation implies that somehow the teacher was partially at fault, which is BS.

Andy

Averageman
01-07-23, 09:01
According to the Chief of Police in Newport News, Steve Drew, a 6-year-old kid and his teacher got into “an altercation” before the boy pulled a firearm on the teacher and shot her. The child was detained for further investigation. No students were wounded.

Zwerner, who was from Williamsburg, is alleged to have been involved in a “altercation”

So if a Teacher corrects a child, instructs a child or if the child just doesn't follow instructions, that's an "Altercation?".
I'm a bit amazed that the description of these rules are so fast and loose.
Pretty much if I was told to sit down and be quiet, I did it, because of the consequences. Now there are no consequences.
And this is how that turns out.

.45fan
01-07-23, 10:09
So if a Teacher corrects a child, instructs a child or if the child just doesn't follow instructions, that's an "Altercation?".
Pretty much if I was told to sit down and be quiet, I did it, because of the consequences. Now there are no consequences.
And this is how that turns out.They call Bruce Jenner a woman, so that should tell us all that descriptive words are basically meaningless these days.

01-07-23, 11:10
They call Bruce Jenner a woman, so that should tell us all that descriptive words are basically meaningless these days.

Hmm. Took two whole pages for someone to bring up unrelated gay shit. Y’all are slacking.

WillieThom
01-07-23, 11:28
And it’s always the same old f.ucks… but by-god he carries a 1911 in his belt, a copy of the Constitution everywhere he goes and wears a gaw-dern American Flag cape.

Harpoon
01-07-23, 12:09
I hope she recovers fully.
Anyone have ID on the child who shot her?

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-07-23, 15:11
And this is how that turns out.

I saw that too about the ‘altercation’- which implies some wrong doing or at least an even amount of responsibility and even ‘guilt’- which just in case anyone wonders- is bat crap crazy.

On a purely light note meant to bring a chuckle, if her mom’s last name is Gonzalez-Hernandez, that means she could have been Abby Gonzalez-Hernandez-Zwerner.. ‘Merica! Just struck me funny.

Glad she was there and did what she did. The only hyphen she needs is the one in ‘bad-ass’…

Speedy recovery..

jsbhike
01-07-23, 15:32
Hmm. Took two whole pages for someone to bring up unrelated gay shit. Y’all are slacking.

Don't think the comment really had anything to do with gay shit, but was instead commenting on mainstream narratives and terms being used to deceive the public.

odugrad
01-07-23, 17:09
The doctors performed "exploratory" surgery on her hand earlier this morning. It looks like that'll be several surgeries to repair. Not a whole lot of other news.

On a sad, side note, Abby and her family lost their father a couple years ago to a freak accident. Its been a rough time for her mom.

SteyrAUG
01-07-23, 17:40
It is simply hard for me to fathom a 6 year old child understanding the result of shooting someone.

Also the reporting - "altercation" with a six year old. No, she was correcting behavior of a child. Altercation implies that somehow the teacher was partially at fault, which is BS.

Andy

Thank you.

.45fan
01-07-23, 21:43
Don't think the comment really had anything to do with gay shit, but was instead commenting on mainstream narratives and terms being used to deceive the public.∆
This

kirkland
01-07-23, 21:52

Bruce Jenner is not gay, he's lesbian

Harpoon
01-08-23, 08:45
It was reported that the teacher who was shot had went to admin multiple times to voice her concerns about this particular child.
I wonder if there is a lawyer talking to her in her hospital bed right now?

flenna
01-08-23, 09:45
It was reported that the teacher who was shot had went to admin multiple times to voice her concerns about this particular child.

Not surprising. My wife taught in the public schools in 3 different states and said if there is an issue with a student the administration grills/questions the teacher as if they are at least partially responsible for the student’s bad behavior. One of the many reasons she left public for private schools years ago. Oh, and I remember getting my ass paddled in first grade for talking back to my teacher. Guess what? I never talked back again.

Wake27
01-08-23, 09:46

Not surprised. My BIL, his fiancé, and my other BIL’s fiancé are all teachers in NoVA public schools. The stories they have are horrendous. The youngest of them is a cute 25ish year old female that’s probably like 5’2” and 105 pounds. I forget the term for her class but it’s all of the kids that are too disruptive for normal classes. One of her kids broke another teacher’s arm which was why he moved to her class. She’s very soft spoken and passive so I asked her why she’s the one that gets all of them and she admitted that it’s because she’s the only one that doesn’t fight it. Even if the admin would let her do something, I doubt there’s a single kid in there who couldn’t over power her and they all know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Harpoon
01-09-23, 08:59
No description of the shooter or his parents? What is the media hiding?

markm
01-09-23, 09:23
No description of the shooter or his parents? What is the media hiding?

Must not be a white kid. Possibly one of Joe Biden's Border Buddies!

jsbhike
01-09-23, 10:33

Seems to be a pattern.

Also have to wonder how many kids there that didn't do anything got the full weight of the system brought down on them.

joedirt199
01-09-23, 12:35
Juvenile identity is usually kept confidential in criminal cases until deemed fit for trial as an adult.

titsonritz
01-09-23, 19:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjfdkOwZi48

mark5pt56
01-10-23, 06:05
If you know the area, NN is not a nice place, always been known to be a dump. It's surprising a little as to the age but other than that, not at all considering who and what we are dealing with.

Harpoon
01-10-23, 07:40
I saw it reported that the gun was the child's mothers gun, a 9mm.

mack7.62
01-10-23, 09:04
Makes one wonder about the home life of the shooter, was he raised in an environment of hatred towards certain types of people?

chuckman
01-10-23, 11:40
The teacher was able to evacuate her class after she was shot. Mad respect for her heads-up SA.

ubet
01-10-23, 11:58
I am so sorry this has happened and hopefully she has a speedy recovery.

On that note, teachers need to be allowed to carry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Averageman
01-13-23, 12:51
https://www.aol.com/news/superintendent-official-learned-weapon-shooting-171228359.html
Administrators at the Virginia school where a first-grader shot his teacher last week learned the child may have had a weapon in his possession before the shooting but did not seize the 9mm handgun he brought to his classroom, the school system's superintendent said.

School system Superintendent George Parker told parents Thursday night in an online meeting that a school official was notified about the weapon before the 6-year-old shot the teacher at Richneck Elementary in Newport News.

“At least one administrator was notified of a possible weapon in the timeline that we’re reviewing and was aware that that student had, there was a potential that there was a weapon on campus," the superintendent told parents, according to a clip of the meeting broadcast by WAVY-TV.

I'm in awe.

titsonritz
01-13-23, 12:55
https://www.aol.com/news/superintendent-official-learned-weapon-shooting-171228359.html
Administrators at the Virginia school where a first-grader shot his teacher last week learned the child may have had a weapon in his possession before the shooting but did not seize the 9mm handgun he brought to his classroom, the school system's superintendent said.

School system Superintendent George Parker told parents Thursday night in an online meeting that a school official was notified about the weapon before the 6-year-old shot the teacher at Richneck Elementary in Newport News.

“At least one administrator was notified of a possible weapon in the timeline that we’re reviewing and was aware that that student had, there was a potential that there was a weapon on campus," the superintendent told parents, according to a clip of the meeting broadcast by WAVY-TV.

I'm in awe.

Sounds like a 30 year old teacher is about to retire.

Averageman
01-13-23, 13:01
Sounds like a 30 year old teacher is about to retire.

Well you as a Teacher can't be upset about Uvalde when the Administration you work for knows a student has a gun and they do nothing about it.

joedirt199
01-13-23, 14:23
Schools try to keep their troubles hush hush as they don't want a bunch of pissed off parents thinking their kids are going to an unsafe school. This year I have heard more reports for our school resource officers over the radio than in the last 20 years of my career. I even called one guy to give him shit and he couldn't believe the number of reports he had taken for the first month of school. Drugs, alcohol, assaults, sex offenses, etc. Kids are getting worse and the break down in the family unit is not helping. No consequences at home means the kids don't fear consequences on the street.

odugrad
01-14-23, 07:20
Just wanted to let you all know that Abby is home. She got discharged yesterday and is waiting on reconstructive surgeries on her hand.

ubet
01-14-23, 22:08
Just wanted to let you all know that Abby is home. She got discharged yesterday and is waiting on reconstructive surgeries on her hand.

That’s great news, hopefully the surgeries go well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1_click_off
01-27-23, 15:19

Any updates?

odugrad
01-27-23, 21:38
She's doing well. She's staying with her mom. Surgery went well, though it will be the first of many on her hand. She's been in pain but her spirits are good. The bullet that went through her hand is still in her chest. It appears that the doctors are waiting to see if it shifts on its own. Not really sure why.

1_click_off
03-09-23, 05:34
No charges filed on kid. https://www.yahoo.com/news/6-old-shot-teacher-wont-233100038.html

Gabriel556
03-09-23, 08:36
I’m mixed on this. The kid is clearly so young they can’t possibly comprehend the consequences. But where are the parents and school officials in all this? The adults who had opportunity to get in front of the problem before he brought a gun to school. If parents allowed a party with alcohol they’d be in deep shit. But a kid that clearly has been influenced to think that guns are used to settle grudges in an offensive manner, with access to an unsecured firearm, that’s just unacceptable.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-09-23, 09:00
“three teachers went to the school administration about the boy's behavior and that he was believed to have had a gun on campus.

Toscano said the shooting was "entirely preventable" if the administration "had taken action when they had knowledge of imminent danger," adding, "But instead, they failed to act, and Abby was shot."

Sounds like teachers and admin are reluctant to call police and report a child with a gun or to otherwise take action.

SteyrAUG
03-09-23, 14:09
If the kid can't understand shooting people with a real gun is bad, he needs to be in a supervised facility.

MegademiC
03-09-23, 14:23
If the kid can't understand shooting people with a real gun is bad, he needs to be in a supervised facility.

This. Children are immature, not brainless. The culture of absolving them of all responsibility leads to them never growing up.

Thats how you end up with 40yr old children still living with parents.

Lacos
06-08-23, 00:06
Mother of shooter facing Federal gun charges. Lied on 4473 form. Sound familiar?
Interesting case to follow.

“Court documents filed Monday say Taylor bought a firearm from a gun shop in Grafton, Virginia in late July 2022 while "knowing that she was an unlawful user of a controlled substance.

The documents say Taylor made a false written statement when filling out paperwork for the gun purchase at Winfree Firearms.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-mom-whose-6-year-old-son-allegedly-shot-teacher-facing-federal-gun-drug-charges

SteyrAUG
06-08-23, 02:26
This. Children are immature, not brainless. The culture of absolving them of all responsibility leads to them never growing up.

Thats how you end up with 40yr old children still living with parents.

Seriously what did the kid imagine, he'd point the trigger and confetti would come flying out of the barrel?

He understood the concept that he was going to try and injure, possibly kill her, but he probably can't conceptualize the long term outcomes and how many other people are harmed.

But if he lacks the restraint to shoot somebody at 6 years old, he's already over the line and not coming back. Maybe he can get John Kinckley's old bunk.

WillBrink
06-08-23, 10:37
“three teachers went to the school administration about the boy's behavior and that he was believed to have had a gun on campus.

Toscano said the shooting was "entirely preventable" if the administration "had taken action when they had knowledge of imminent danger," adding, "But instead, they failed to act, and Abby was shot."

Sounds like teachers and admin are reluctant to call police and report a child with a gun or to otherwise take action.

I'd say a solid 90% of them are, and when it happens, the roaches scatter and blaming the tool used which gets the heat off them and avoiding any responsibility for it.

Slater
06-08-23, 16:06
This kid is a write-off. Probably could never be trusted to function in normal society without the risk of violence. Send him to San Francisco or New York City.

Averageman
06-08-23, 17:47
This kid is a write-off. Probably could never be trusted to function in normal society without the risk of violence. Send him to San Francisco or New York City.

Someone needs to look very closely at the Parents, because even a six year old understands shooting someone is bad.
That's a lot of hate for a little kid to be carrying around, so how did he learn that hate?

You can believe whatever you like, but for a little Black kid to hate his White Teacher, he was being taught that hate at home.