PDA

View Full Version : M&P45 safety? Can it be removed easily?

givo08
12-26-08, 17:19
I'm just wondering if I get an M&P45 with the safety if the part can be taken out easily and if S&W sells a piece that fills the square gap in the frame from where it was removed?

Alpha Sierra
12-26-08, 17:23
Buy it WITHOUT the useless manual safety and wonder no more.

givo08
12-26-08, 17:28
A google search just turned up the fact that I can remove it and buy the blocking piece from S&W to fill up the gap in the frame. Should have tried google first :o. Thanks! :)

Alpha Sierra
12-26-08, 20:01
I take it you bought one with the manual safety and then figured out it does nothing useful?

ralph
12-27-08, 08:30
A google search just turned up the fact that I can remove it and buy the blocking piece from S&W to fill up the gap in the frame. Should have tried google first :o. Thanks! :)

I tried google as well and could'nt find it, could you tell me where you found this? When I bought my M&P,(day before election day) all they had were M&P's with the saftey levers.. I'm thinking it might have to go...

R Moran
12-27-08, 09:15
Gee, I bought one with out the safety, and was wondering if it could be added.

Bob

givo08
12-27-08, 15:59
I take it you bought one with the manual safety and then figured out it does nothing useful?

Well my father bought one and decided he was going to sell it and it's basically new, so I was thinking about buying it from him, but I would prefer no safety.

ToddG
12-27-08, 17:11
Gee, I bought one with out the safety, and was wondering if it could be added.

Not easily. It's probably easier and more cost efficient to sell the current one and redirect those funds into a new thumb safety model.

R Moran
12-27-08, 18:40
Not easily. It's probably easier and more cost efficient to sell the current one and redirect those funds into a new thumb safety model.

Yea, I kinda figured that. I'll probably just wait for the .40 to come out with it, and compare it to the M&P's I have now.

I'm not completly wedded to the safety,or the .45 for that matter,(been carryin a G22 at work for a few years now) but would like to try it out.
I'm not even to worried about them being with or w/o across the board, for all the time I have with a G22, I shot a 1911 on my own for most of it, never really had a problem switching between the two.

I'll see what happen's down the line.

Bob

Heavy Metal
12-27-08, 19:36
Why not just leave the safety always off?

givo08
12-27-08, 21:56
Why not just leave the safety always off?

When firing the gun at the range, I accidentally activated the safety when I was dropping the slide using the slide release. I'm sure it was in part from me not being used to the gun, but that still makes me nervous having it on a self defense handgun if I don't intend to use it.