PDA

View Full Version : A member has died

01-12-23, 02:10
Tav has died.

https://www.bradleyfhmarlton.com/obituaries/Ottavio-J.-Cinelli,-Jr.?obId=26419459#/celebrationWall

His son has just completed training at Parris Island, and graduated, approximately two weeks prior to his death.. Tav was very proud of this. I hope his family is doing well.

Adrenaline_6
01-12-23, 08:10
R.I.P brother.

gaijin
01-12-23, 08:20
Too young. RIP Sir.

VIP3R 237
01-12-23, 08:34
This sucks. I met Tav(Safetyhit) through this forum and we met up at Shot a few years ago. I had wondered why he went silent. He was an outstanding man who had a lot of passion for life and he was so proud of his son.

Rip brother.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-12-23, 08:36
Condolences to his family. I lost my Dad early and right after a graduation mile-marker. The only thing more surprising than how much it affected me, is how even decades later the onion layers of the loss is felt. A loss of a dad early is often also a kid that will never have a grandfather.

Averageman
01-12-23, 08:41
Condolences to his family. I lost my Dad early and right after a graduation mile-marker. The only thing more surprising than how much it affected me, is how even decades later the onion layers of the loss is felt. A loss of a dad early is often also a kid that will never have a grandfather.

I lost my Dad soon after I got to Germany.
My Dad's new Wife didn't like us much so, I got a letter three weeks after the Service. I felt gutted for a long time after that.
Damn that's a hard time.

munch520
01-12-23, 08:42
Awful :( too young

RIP Tav

P2Vaircrewman
01-12-23, 08:46

May Tav rest in peace.
I never knew my grandfathers, both died before I was born. My father died when I was 27 in 1969, he never got to see my daughter being born or his two great grandchildren.

markm
01-12-23, 08:50
Safetyhit? Damn. Sad to hear this.

Alex V
01-12-23, 08:57
OH WOW!

He was one of my fellow sufferers behind enemy lines in NJ.

Very sad!

Hank6046
01-12-23, 09:09
Way too young, RIP my friend

Ned Christiansen
01-12-23, 09:46
Way too young indeed, no more accurate way to put it. Darned shame, it is.

StainlessSteelRat
01-12-23, 10:35
RIP Sir..... condolences to family and friends.

titsonritz
01-12-23, 11:59
Damn, that is way too young. Sad indeed. R.I.P. brother. Condolences to his family and friends.

mrbieler
01-12-23, 12:37
Way too young. :(

LoboTBL
01-12-23, 19:16
Sad to hear and like others have said, way too young. RIP Sir.

militarymoron
01-12-23, 23:15
RIP, Safetyhit. Give Chuck (Army Chief) my regards.

SteyrAUG
01-14-23, 06:10
This sucks. I met Tav(Safetyhit) through this forum and we met up at Shot a few years ago. I had wondered why he went silent. He was an outstanding man who had a lot of passion for life and he was so proud of his son.

Rip brother.

That F'ing sucks. Tav was actually a pretty good guy. Helped me out with some info for some of my other collections. I sent his kid some of my army men that I somehow held on to for decades.

prepare
01-14-23, 06:31
Way too young. Seems like it's becoming the new normal.
RIP

Diamondback
01-14-23, 07:54
RIP, and condolences.

utahjeepr
01-14-23, 08:07
Don't know what to say. Other than that it sucks.

Condolences to the family.

pag23
01-14-23, 09:01
I didn't know him, but prayers to him and his family...

Waylander
01-14-23, 17:32
That F'ing sucks. Tav was actually a pretty good guy. Helped me out with some info for some of my other collections. I sent his kid some of my army men that I somehow held on to for decades.

That’s a really cool story. It has to be hard for his son. I know I can’t imagine losing my dad. I chatted with Tav a few times and he seemed like a good guy.

SteyrAUG
01-14-23, 19:17
That’s a really cool story. It has to be hard for his son. I know I can’t imagine losing my dad. I chatted with Tav a few times and he seemed like a good guy.

What was funny is it was kind of like a microcosm of the internet. When I only knew him as online user "safetyhit" we didn't really get on that well. But when I got to know him more as a person via PMs it was completely different.

One thing that I remember is how much he did everything he could for his kid, glad he got to see him get well established as an adult before he passed.

Pappabear
01-14-23, 19:31
Man that blows and hits close to home. I had the widow maker heart attack last year and was minutes away from biting the bullet. Its very sad for the family and I am sure he had so much more to give them. Hopefully his memory will serve his son ( and family) as a teacher for years to come.

PB

CoryCop25
01-15-23, 21:50
I've been away from the noise of forums lately but I had to sign on to post something here.
I started speaking with Tav and Chuck several years ago on a group text along with several other members on here. When Chuck passed, Tav was the one that broke the news to all of us. He also kept in contact with Chuck's wife and let us all know how she and their son were holding up.
Through the years, Tav and I spoke more and more via text or on the phone. We had a lot in common. Raising our children on our own as single parents. Crazy exes and so forth. We had a lot in common and I took a lot of his advice. Tav was your typical passionate Italian. Again, we had a lot in common!
It's painful to hear of his passing, especially at such an early age.
Godspeed Otavio, give Chuck a big hug for us all! I will miss you.