PDA

View Full Version : NM Bill would Limit Magazines To 9 Rounds.

WillBrink
01-12-23, 15:56
Is NM that far gone? I expect that BS from CA or NJ, but NM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgiZH9seOtg

Averageman
01-12-23, 15:59
New Mexico has a long legacy of Democrat control.
I'm really not surprised, I guess the feel like enough Californians have moved to Taos to make this work.
I think it's hilarious, because the SCOTUS will amck this down quickly.

markm
01-12-23, 16:03
Natrually we see a mongoloid wearing a mask to kick this brilliant notion off!

titsonritz
01-12-23, 16:04
All you need is a 1911, two world wars and all.

titsonritz
01-12-23, 16:07
Oh wait, that's a weapon of war... :shout:

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-12-23, 16:37
CO not far behind…

NM is screwed with egg heads and retirees…

hotbiggun42
01-12-23, 16:43
Is the NRA doing anything at all?

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-12-23, 16:46
Collecting dues…

Of course, it is 9 rounds so that you can’t use the already retarded 10 round magazines. One city council rep in Denver said she wanted to take it down to 1, none if she could.

titsonritz
01-12-23, 16:49

You mean beside paying for Wayne's Armani suits, Italian loafers and legal fees?

henri
01-12-23, 17:32
Whenever I hear of some new law in NM, Oregon, Washington, left dem state of choice, I just smile and shrug it off. Fortunately, I reside in a state that is pro 2a and does/has not proposed any idiotic laws limiting STANDARD capacity magazines (when this hi cap mag nonsense started, I do not know). If by chance, such nonsensical laws were to be passed, I will not comply. No, just no, period end of sentence. Enough of these absolutely egregious moronic proposals. Legal today, illegal tommorow, phuck that already.

Renegade
01-12-23, 18:30
I think it's hilarious, because the SCOTUS will amck this down quickly.

Well they have yet to smack down any other mag limits, NJ for example has been in effect since 1989

Renegade
01-12-23, 18:31

Are New Mexico Gun Owners?

BoringGuy45
01-12-23, 19:05
Well they have yet to smack down any other mag limits, NJ for example has been in effect since 1989

The challenges are working their way up. Also, we didn't have the Braun decision before last year. Give it a little time.

prepare
01-12-23, 19:10
What happen to OH58, the retired SOAR pilot/rancher from NM?

Wake27
01-12-23, 19:55

Good question. I just checked his last post and had no idea it had been over a year at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

utahjeepr
01-12-23, 22:26

Good question. I just checked his last post and had no idea it had been over a year at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah he's been dark for a while. I've been afraid to ask.

SteyrAUG
01-13-23, 06:51
Introducing the new Glock 10mm subcompact with 9+1.

During the Clinton ban I carried a lot of .45s when I'd normally carry a 9.

Alex V
01-13-23, 06:59
Politicians have no incentive to follow the Constitution because we refuse to give them one.

hotbiggun42
01-13-23, 07:30
Politicians have no incentive to follow the Constitution because we refuse to give them one.

What do you suggest?

kerplode
01-13-23, 11:40
The gov of NM is all Dem stooges at every level, and the majority of NM residents are sucking the gov teat in one way or another. Dems keep the free money flowing and the citizens keep the dems in power. Pretty classic.

NM is pretty rural and has a failry strong gun culture, but I'm not sure if it's strong enough to hold out too much longer against the population mass of Murderquerque and Santa Fake. Trust me, those two places have become total dem hellscapes. It's barely safe to walk around either anymore.

So yeah, this shit has a chance. I kinda doubt it'll pass as it stands, but I'm pretty sure some kind of mag ban will eventually get through. A 2022 attempt banning mags >15 rounds failed, but they'll just keep trying again every year until it succeeds.

And as far as NM gun owners, there doesn't seem to be any real organization, and most of them are clueless anyway. I've been working part time in a small gunshop lately, and most of the people already think there is a registry and all sorts of limits that don't currently exist.

TBH the 2023 NM bill I'm more concerned about is the safe storage thing that makes it a felony provide minors access to firearms but does not make any provision for authorized use. So take your kid to the range and they can frogmarch your ass to jail. I'm sure our inbred governor thinks that bill is absolutely hilarious...

titsonritz
01-13-23, 13:14
What do you suggest?

Butter knives in the eye sockets and golf clubs up the ass.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-13-23, 16:13
Tar and feathering ala the enviros and their pie-attacks from 20 years ago. While, scalding hot tar would be appropriate and fun, attempted murder and horrific burns might not go over so well publicly. I’m picturing a two person team. FIrst one with a big drink cup filled with a sticky liquid- maybe honey watered down with dark food coloring and a second person with a compressed bag of feathers. First person throws the stickey on the person and the second gets them with the feathers. And of course a few camera people live-streaming.

I’d like to see criminal charges ‘stick’ (ha), and considering that most of this is at the state level, I don’t see them having a security detail to hunt you down.

Now for an “Indian Tea Party”…..

hotbiggun42
01-13-23, 18:51
Butter knives in the eye sockets and golf clubs up the ass.

Could be worse than jan 6th

TAZ
01-13-23, 19:28
Well that stinks. I guess me and my vacation $$ will need to find a new midpoint stop for our tracks west into Utah.

Hope the courts slap them down, but they will just pass a different version as there is no co sequence to passing laws that get slapped down. IMO if you author a bill that gets slapped down for a civil right violation you should lose your “job”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsbhike
01-14-23, 07:35
Well that stinks. I guess me and my vacation $$ will need to find a new midpoint stop for our tracks west into Utah.

Hope the courts slap them down, but they will just pass a different version as there is no co sequence to passing laws that get slapped down. IMO if you author a bill that gets slapped down for a civil right violation you should lose your “job”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be worse than that, potentially a lot worse.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/241

Co-gnARR
01-16-23, 11:58
Yeah he's been dark for a while. I've been afraid to ask.

We've been in touch off line, but it has been quite a while. I emailed him before Christmas, just to check in. I know he was very busy with his ranch when we last spoke, and he mentioned he doesn't spend much time online. If we make contact, I'll encourage him to chime in on this forum. Fingers crossed.

Wildcat
01-16-23, 13:57
Tar and feathering ala the enviros and their pie-attacks from 20 years ago. While, scalding hot tar would be appropriate and fun, attempted murder and horrific burns might not go over so well publicly. I’m picturing a two person team. FIrst one with a big drink cup filled with a sticky liquid- maybe honey watered down with dark food coloring and a second person with a compressed bag of feathers. First person throws the stickey on the person and the second gets them with the feathers. And of course a few camera people live-streaming.

I’d like to see criminal charges ‘stick’ (ha), and considering that most of this is at the state level, I don’t see them having a security detail to hunt you down.

Now for an “Indian Tea Party”…..

Just substitute liquefied manure (which is sprayable) for the hot tar and follow up with the feathers.
They should smell like they act.

223to45
01-18-23, 21:50
Well Washington can do better

Bill was filed, that limited it 7 rounds.

We just got limited to 10 rounds short time ago.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Buncheong
01-19-23, 00:16
Day by day, the walls are closing in ...

Averageman
01-19-23, 00:23

I miss that Guy.

bmg
01-20-23, 11:09

I've been wondering that myself. I used to enjoy his posts.

ETA: OH58D. Looks like it's been a couple of years.

Averageman
01-21-23, 15:56
I've been wondering that myself. I used to enjoy his posts.

ETA: OH58D. Looks like it's been a couple of years.

I hope everythings good, I miss him here.

prepare
01-21-23, 17:26
I hope everythings good, I miss him here.

Me too. One his last posts was about getting the jab.