PDA

View Full Version : And This Is Why Some Mothers Are Burning In Hell...

SteyrAUG
01-13-23, 03:06
Short story.

In 1983 South Florida got pretty sporty so my father decided I was gonna finish high school in Iowa and live with my grandparents. No sooner did that happen, my mother filed for divorce, kicked his ass out and went on a money and property snatch.

I went home that summer to grab a few things since I was gonna finish high school in Iowa and I was "assured" my bedroom would always be there and my stuff would always be right where I left it.

Fast forward to 1987 when I went down for the summer to see my friends and grab some more of my belongings since I was now going to college in Iowa.

My bedroom had been redecorated / repurposed as a guest room. Tons of my shit was gone.

My 1970s vintage star wars action figures and similar nerd shit which is worth a ton of cash on EB got dumpstered. Dozens and dozens of notebooks that represented 6 years of martial arts study were tossed, she claimed she thought it was old school homework.

Basically besides my bed, which I didn't want, she kept my clothes. These would be the crap she bought me that I left in Florida on purpose. I boxed up what remained of my childhood and brought it to Iowa.

And despite half a dozen moves from 1987 to 2008 I never opened some of those boxes.

Anyway I'm trying to clean out the clutter in my current home, especially the stuff we will never use that will just stay in a box until we are gone and somebody throws it away. But in some of those boxes are some rare posters from the early days of rap (1984-1990) and I've been flipping them on fleabay.

And I knew somewhere in one of those boxes I was gonna come across my mint condition Sho Kosugi "ninja posters" which get $100 pretty easy. I knew I had a complete set of four as well as some cool (sorta rare) kata posters from the 1970s. My plan was to pick my favorite ninja poster and frame it in the living room and sell the other three.

None of them were there. That soulless bitch threw my shit out as soon as I left Florida. And at 13 I didn't realize I needed to conduct an inventory and audit of my possessions.

I can't even talk about the original 1933 RKO King Kong poster I had bought in 1975 along with a 1950s vintage poster for the rerelease of Dracula (1931) which also got tossed.

And if you think this is trivial stuff. My fathers started college accounts when I was like 6 years old, because we were minors we needed an adult co signer and nobody thought there was any reason she shouldn't help us create the accounts. So when I was about to start college and my brother was half way through med school, guess who closed ALL those accounts?

I got over the fact that she was a lying, stealing, money grubbing subhuman POS a long time ago, but I'd have really liked to have found my ninja posters tonight. I didn't get a lot from my childhood, it would have been nice.

Aries144
01-13-23, 04:38
That's shitty man. Early life stuff forms part of our foundation. When it's got cracks, those cracks effect the rest of your life that's built on it.

When an adult makes a promise to a kid, they better remember it. Kids have a way of not speaking up, so you think they might have forgotten your promise. They didn't forget. They just thought your promise was so sacred it didn't need a reminder.

SteyrAUG
01-13-23, 06:49
That's shitty man. Early life stuff forms part of our foundation. When it's got cracks, those cracks effect the rest of your life that's built on it.

When an adult makes a promise to a kid, they better remember it. Kids have a way of not speaking up, so you think they might have forgotten your promise. They didn't forget. They just thought your promise was so sacred it didn't need a reminder.

On the plus side, my father also made me promises. Despite getting taken to the cleaners by divorce lawyers, he told me which guns would be mine some day and with few exceptions every single one of them is sitting in my safe. The ones I didn't get were no fault of his.

Amazing how one parent can keep their word through great difficulty and how the other parent is completely incapable of keeping their word while they are taking everyone's stuff.

WillBrink
01-13-23, 08:00
My mother solved that issue by making no promises and keeping no promises. My grandmother took the few cherished childhood things I had and sold them in a yard sale. That really pissed me off. She nonplussed as to why I was so mad.

just a scout
01-13-23, 08:06
Sounds a lot like my exwife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HKGuns
01-13-23, 08:22
You can't choose your family dude. Choose your friends wisely.

Looking back, I was very fortunate. My parents didn't have two sticks to rub together but managed to provide a great child hood.

Be glad your mother, isn't your daughter. You'd never imagine how hard that can be to swallow......especially when kids are impacted, like you were.

markm
01-13-23, 08:45
Sounds a lot like my exwife

Mine too. Took a bunch of shit my parents bought for us when we got married, and her parents didn't give us anything. Just glad to get rid of her.

SomeOtherGuy
01-13-23, 09:26
On the plus side, my father also made me promises. *** The ones I didn't get were no fault of his.

Amazing how one parent can keep their word through great difficulty and how the other parent is completely incapable of keeping their word while they are taking everyone's stuff.

Similar experience, same gender dynamic. The 70's and early 80's must have been absolute hell for decent men, especially ones who married college women. I had long known that my parents' divorce was at my mom's initiative. I only learned a few months ago how evil, childish and selfish the motivations were.

For me, knowing the people and the era, the most depressing part is wondering if I would have had more siblings but they got aborted. I have no specific claims or hints, just a disturbing hunch.

P2Vaircrewman
01-13-23, 09:54
My mother lied and took away my junior year of high school football. I had been in an auto accident in June between my sophomore and junior years and got a concussion. She told me the doctor said I couldn't play when fall practice started. When spring practice came around in March she told me again the doctor said I couldn't play. I went directly to the doctor he said there was no reason I couldn't have played two months after the accident. I never forgave her for that.

Entryteam
01-13-23, 11:39
Short story.

In 1983 South Florida got pretty sporty so my father decided I was gonna finish high school in Iowa and live with my grandparents. No sooner did that happen, my mother filed for divorce, kicked his ass out and went on a money and property snatch.

I went home that summer to grab a few things since I was gonna finish high school in Iowa and I was "assured" my bedroom would always be there and my stuff would always be right where I left it.

Fast forward to 1987 when I went down for the summer to see my friends and grab some more of my belongings since I was now going to college in Iowa.

My bedroom had been redecorated / repurposed as a guest room. Tons of my shit was gone.

My 1970s vintage star wars action figures and similar nerd shit which is worth a ton of cash on EB got dumpstered. Dozens and dozens of notebooks that represented 6 years of martial arts study were tossed, she claimed she thought it was old school homework.

Basically besides my bed, which I didn't want, she kept my clothes. These would be the crap she bought me that I left in Florida on purpose. I boxed up what remained of my childhood and brought it to Iowa.

And despite half a dozen moves from 1987 to 2008 I never opened some of those boxes.

Anyway I'm trying to clean out the clutter in my current home, especially the stuff we will never use that will just stay in a box until we are gone and somebody throws it away. But in some of those boxes are some rare posters from the early days of rap (1984-1990) and I've been flipping them on fleabay.

And I knew somewhere in one of those boxes I was gonna come across my mint condition Sho Kosugi "ninja posters" which get $100 pretty easy. I knew I had a complete set of four as well as some cool (sorta rare) kata posters from the 1970s. My plan was to pick my favorite ninja poster and frame it in the living room and sell the other three.

None of them were there. That soulless bitch threw my shit out as soon as I left Florida. And at 13 I didn't realize I needed to conduct an inventory and audit of my possessions.

I can't even talk about the original 1933 RKO King Kong poster I had bought in 1975 along with a 1950s vintage poster for the rerelease of Dracula (1931) which also got tossed.

And if you think this is trivial stuff. My fathers started college accounts when I was like 6 years old, because we were minors we needed an adult co signer and nobody thought there was any reason she shouldn't help us create the accounts. So when I was about to start college and my brother was half way through med school, guess who closed ALL those accounts?

I got over the fact that she was a lying, stealing, money grubbing subhuman POS a long time ago, but I'd have really liked to have found my ninja posters tonight. I didn't get a lot from my childhood, it would have been nice.

My parents did the same shit with my stuff when I left for college at 17. And I never went back. Good Riddance and, though I miss some of that stuff, I consider it the admission price of being my own man.

Sorry to hear about your maw, man. You're not alone, though.

titsonritz
01-13-23, 13:03
..double tap...

titsonritz
01-13-23, 13:05
My kids have one of those. ****ing lying, thieving, conniving, hypocrite bitch.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-13-23, 16:31
Jeez, we could start a whole new genre of movies for Disney based on these evil bitches…. Not to make light of this.

I guess remember that the best part is the memory. It would be cool to have the ‘things’ but the memory is the best part. Well, maybe revenge is the best part, but the memories you can share, revenge gets tricky to share.

SteyrAUG
01-13-23, 18:17
My parents did the same shit with my stuff when I left for college at 17. And I never went back. Good Riddance and, though I miss some of that stuff, I consider it the admission price of being my own man.

Sorry to hear about your maw, man. You're not alone, though.

Still can't get past, "it was my shit" and it was "in the house my dad paid for" and you are supposed to be able to trust your parents.

The only good thing to come out of any of it was I cut that cancerous bitch out of my life decades ago.

I went through enough hardship to become a man, be able to retain some of the crap that was important to me as a kid (just so I can retain some of those happy memories) wouldn't have changed anything. When you find out your mom jacked your college money while you were broke as f*ck but supporting yourself with a minimum wage job and going to school, that shit will either make a man out of you are make you quit the game completely.

And all because you didn't "think" to take her name off the account as a co signer when you turned 18.

SteyrAUG
01-13-23, 18:23
Jeez, we could start a whole new genre of movies for Disney based on these evil bitches…. Not to make light of this.

I guess remember that the best part is the memory. It would be cool to have the ‘things’ but the memory is the best part. Well, maybe revenge is the best part, but the memories you can share, revenge gets tricky to share.

I am not even interested enough for revenge. Her life will be it's own punishment.

I guess I'm glad the divorce forced my dad to move his guns or they'd be gone too. I can't image if those got lost. I've got guns I can take to the range and it's impossible to not remember the good times shooting with my dad. I've got a few guns that were last shot by my father and that makes me feel good too, I'll never shoot them.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-13-23, 18:36
I am not even interested enough for revenge. Her life will be it's own punishment.

I guess I'm glad the divorce forced my dad to move his guns or they'd be gone too. I can't image if those got lost. I've got guns I can take to the range and it's impossible to not remember the good times shooting with my dad. I've got a few guns that were last shot by my father and that makes me feel good too, I'll never shoot them.

Grandpa lost his SKB shotgun to an idiot cousins future ex-husband...

I do think that the worst thing that can happen to people is that they are stuck with themselves until they or God do something about it- and I've told people that...

Coal Dragger
01-13-23, 18:38
I have guns last shot by my father too, probably never shoot them either.

Hopefully your evil mom is taking a dirt nap now?

MA2_Navy_Veteran
01-13-23, 21:07
Well, it would seem that my mom was pretty much the exact opposite of yours. If anything, she was apparently a hoarder of everything related to her children's childhoods... hand-prints in clay, nappy-looking pictures of us covered in dirt, coloring books we did in the first grade, you name it - she kept it all... only we didn't know it until after she died and had to go through all her things... the experience of which only made the loss of her that much more profoundly difficult... I almost envy you, as even now I still can't look at any of it without nearly breaking down with grief.

SteyrAUG
01-13-23, 21:53
I have guns last shot by my father too, probably never shoot them either.

Hopefully your evil mom is taking a dirt nap now?

I honestly don't know, don't care.

I haven't heard her voice since 2008. I didn't inform her when I moved. I have no idea where she lives or if alive.

SteyrAUG
01-13-23, 22:05
Well, it would seem that my mom was pretty much the exact opposite of yours. If anything, she was apparently a hoarder of everything related to her children's childhoods... hand-prints in clay, nappy-looking pictures of us covered in dirt, coloring books we did in the first grade, you name it - she kept it all... only we didn't know it until after she died and had to go through all her things... the experience of which only made the loss of her that much more profoundly difficult... I almost envy you, as even now I still can't look at any of it without nearly breaking down with grief.

I'm glad you had a good mom, it pains me when I learn of somebody who lost their mom while mine continued to use up valuable oxygen. One of my best friends lost his mom to cancer when he was 15. I know that was serious pain, but I sometimes wonder which was worse. After a point, my situation got much easier, he still misses his mom.

But I think you have it better. You know you cared about people and they cared about you because of the pain of their absence. It's been 15 years since I lost my dad and sometimes I will be going someplace for lunch or dinner and for a moment will think "Go get your dad and take him out to eat" and then I remember I can't.

Cleaning guns in the hardest, I'll be sitting in the garage with a half dozen firearms and I will almost start to turn around and say "Hey take a look at this." I spent so much time with my dad looking at guns it's not funny. He loved seeing the new "whatever" I got since the last time we got together.

Coal Dragger
01-13-23, 23:44
I can’t relate much here about bad moms. Mine is awesome and my dad was awesome too. Great childhood.

She saved all of our toys, and my son will probably enjoy them to include the vintage GI Joe’s (nothing in mint condition so why not?). He’s been playing with my other old toys and enjoying himself thoroughly.

Maybe my dad’s guns are going to get shot again. The old Ruger Single Six convertible might just need to be used to teach a 3rd generation of my family basic handgun marksmanship.

SteyrAUG
01-13-23, 23:54
I can’t relate much here about bad moms. Mine is awesome and my dad was awesome too. Great childhood.

She saved all of our toys, and my son will probably enjoy them to include the vintage GI Joe’s (nothing in mint condition so why not?). He’s been playing with my other old toys and enjoying himself thoroughly.

Maybe my dad’s guns are going to get shot again. The old Ruger Single Six convertible might just need to be used to teach a 3rd generation of my family basic handgun marksmanship.

It's a good thing, shitty parents suck. Be glad you don't know.

Thankfully I still pulled off a decent childhood. I had it better than some I knew.

pag23
01-14-23, 04:42
Damn....my parents weren't the best and I worried about being a good parent when I became a dad...luckily I check myself so I don't make the same mistakes. I can be a strict parent but I explain why to my kid so she can understand.....

occasionally spoil her too...lol

ChattanoogaPhil
01-16-23, 15:30
Even as older adults it can be difficult to view one’s parents outside of that role, as individuals with their own needs and wants, faults and all.

I feel fortunate to have been raised by my mother and father. I’ll often use them as role models to help guide my behavior… kinda like WWDD (what would dad do). I can’t imagine my father on a public forum criticizing his mother or father even though they were far from perfect…

SteyrAUG
01-16-23, 16:47
Even as older adults it can be difficult to view one’s parents outside of that role, as individuals with their own needs and wants, faults, tendency for PURE EVIL and all.

I feel fortunate to have been raised by my mother and father. I’ll often use them as role models to help guide my behavior… kinda like WWDD (what would dad do). I can’t imagine my father on a public forum criticizing his mother or father even though they were far from perfect…

I understand that, but we are talking about more than a few personal imperfections. And because children have an even more difficult time seeing it in a parent, it's just that much more evil.

Lots and lots of warnings signs going back to the beginning, but I was oblivious to all of them because your parents wouldn't hurt you. I just didn't understand most of what she did.

As a "fer example" when I was 12 my dad bought me an air hockey table for a birthday present. It was awesome (air hockey was big in the 70s and I had a full size one in my bedroom). When I came home summer of 85 it was in the garage and she had paid somebody to reverse the motor and create a vacuum table. She needed it related to some half ass business she started.

Who does that? Who takes their kids birthday present (that you didn't even give them) and without asking repurposes it for your own needs? I mean I didn't really care, at that point I was in high school, but it was still seriously WTF?

That's like me borrowing the family car and then selling it to one of my buddies and keeping the cash. At 12 years old I knew you couldn't do that.

Buncheong
01-19-23, 00:25
Short story.

Damn. That's terrible, friend. I'm very sorry for all you went through, and I mean that sincerely.

Been through very similar things myself, nearly the exact same experience as yours, line for line and word for word. Only difference was the guilty party was Dad, who took off when I was 8 for his "new life."

Wish I could say something/anything to make you feel better. As I say, I know exactly how it feels, and I am very sorry. :(

SteyrAUG
01-19-23, 19:11
Damn. That's terrible, friend. I'm very sorry for all you went through, and I mean that sincerely.

Been through very similar things myself, nearly the exact same experience as yours, line for line and word for word. Only difference was the guilty party was Dad, who took off when I was 8 for his "new life."

Wish I could say something/anything to make you feel better. As I say, I know exactly how it feels, and I am very sorry. :(

I'm ok. I don't have these people in my life anymore. I just wish my dad got a few more years.