PDA

View Full Version : magpul UBR Stock, any info.

PetesTactical
11-20-06, 23:10
When will it be out, price, what makes it different from other stocks?

Pat_Rogers
11-21-06, 04:34
Pete- I've been running mine for a month or so now, and like it (See 10-8 Forums, Memphis Carbine AAR for more).
While the CTR is a minimalist stock and will handle 99% of user needs. the UBR has an integral receiver extension and cheek piece, making is a subjectively more comfortable article for some to shoot.
It also has sling sockets fore and aft, a nice touch- especially for those using the VTAC/ LarueTactical sling.
There is a battery box, but mine is a prototype so it is missing that.
Unknown as to price, but i'll buy a production model or three when they are available.

rob_s
11-21-06, 04:54
As a complete hijack....

I like the look of that short TD you all were discussing over there. does it appear to simply be the standard VG that has been cut down? I notice at least one poster saying that the cap was glued in place which leads me to believe this is the case. I had been considering running mine through the band saw (or chop saw) to cut off the part of the grip I don't use.

Pat_Rogers
11-21-06, 05:34
Roger, the TD VFG is gut and glued. It is a compromise between having available storage space or getting rid of excess length.
Jeff Cahill is the heat!

rob_s
11-21-06, 07:54
Roger, the TD VFG is gut and glued. It is a compromise between having available storage space or getting rid of excess length.
Jeff Cahill is the heat!
Looks like my TD will be meeting the chop saw next week, along with one of my D 9.5 rails.

C4IGrant
11-21-06, 19:16
Stock's most like won't appear till Jan. time fram. I would expect price to be in the $200 range.

C4

CQB
04-03-07, 16:33
They're running at $225 basic set. They should be out later this month.....April..

shark31
04-18-07, 12:19
Any update on a pre-production run?

Jimbo 328
04-18-07, 23:35
I talked to Magpul last week they should begin shipping UBR stocks in MAY
The lower recievers should begin to ship as well but only to major distributors
RSR was mentioned . I am not sure who else will have them.

m4matt
04-19-07, 14:16
Are the lowers stripped or built up?

Jimbo 328
04-19-07, 23:04
I was under the impression they were stripped . I will try to confirm this and other info today.

SuicideHz
04-20-07, 23:58
I really need to chop my TD VFG too. I already chopped a few inches off of my DD 12.0FSPM and get nothing but compliments-even from Jay.

I need a DD lower. Are those out yet/

wow...

Jimbo 328
04-27-07, 00:08
I was under the impression they were stripped . I will try to confirm this and other info today.

As of 4/25/07 UBR should be ready late May with a $245.00 retail price . Lowers should be same time frame but they are not confirming price or condition (stripped or built )

rsilvers
12-20-07, 13:10
I like my UBR a lot but also love the CTR. Neither has any free movement in the mechanism. By design the UBR cannot since the part that your cheek is rested on does not move at all.

SuicideHz
12-20-07, 17:46
As of 4/25/07 UBR should be ready late May with a $245.00 retail price . Lowers should be same time frame but they are not confirming price or condition (stripped or built )

Magpul just sold the pre production models for $245 stating the productions will be $10 more (maybe $20? I forget.)

SuicideHz
12-20-07, 17:49
I like my UBR a lot but also love the CTR. Neither has any free movement in the mechanism. By design the UBR cannot since the part that your cheek is rested on does not move at all.

Robert- I'm not tracking you. No movement in the mechanism has something to do with which "end" the cheek piece is connected to? The stock has to be solid no matter where your cheek is resting- on a part connected to the lower or the rear part of the stock. If there was a loose fit betwen the two parts, you'd still have the same amount of play no matter where your cheek was.

The one thing the CTR has over the UBR for sure is the price tag.

rsilvers
12-20-07, 18:05
On most stocks, the part which slides touches your cheek. On the UBR, your cheek is in contact with a part which does not slide (relative to the rifle). In any case, the CTR is also solid simply because of the locking lever they have.

SuicideHz
12-20-07, 18:13
You are still saying things that really don't have any meaning like last time. I was attempting to clarify your last statements for you. Guess not.

rsilvers
12-20-07, 18:32
Oh yeah, I think you are right.

SuicideHz
12-20-07, 18:37
Sorry but I seriously didn't understand the first comments. You mentioned mechanism and that brought you to cheek placement.

I am picturing the actual mechanism which is those two fang type levers that swing into the grooves that lock it into place. I didn't know how that segued into the side the cheek was on.

rsilvers
12-20-07, 19:39
You were right. If any part moves, it does not matter which one as it needs to contact the rifle, shoulder, and cheek.

I was just caught off guard by the fact that the shoulder part slides and the cheek part does not relative to the rifle.

SuicideHz
12-20-07, 19:40
You aren't like the swarms of people waiting for this thing for a year now?

Damn. It must be nice to not know or care and then get one all of a sudden! Takes the sting out of not having what you want for a loooong time.

NickB
12-21-07, 00:40
You were right. If any part moves, it does not matter which one as it needs to contact the rifle, shoulder, and cheek.

I was just caught off guard by the fact that the shoulder part slides and the cheek part does not relative to the rifle.

Surprising? It's the same as the M93 and SCAR with no moving cheek piece...no? :confused:

rsilvers
12-21-07, 01:18
Yeah. Back when the M93 was first out I used LMT SOPMOD stocks. Now I have mostly CTRs.

NickB
12-21-07, 01:22
Yeah. Back when the M93 was first out I used LMT SOPMOD stocks. Now I have mostly CTRs.

I guess I was more curious as to why the fixed cheek piece was a surprise. :confused:

SuicideHz
12-21-07, 16:08
Yeah, me too. That's what threw me off the most...

WasatchAR
12-27-07, 14:28
Just got mine and me likey:D Pic's to come. She is comfortable for sure. Now to run it a bit and see.

SuicideHz
12-27-07, 18:09
http://www2.zoto.com/suicidehz/img/800x600/e0e9813355dce230049bc16a7a54e7e9.jpg