PDA

View Full Version : Get ready for possible disappointment in FL with Constitutional Carry.

Miami_JBT
01-18-23, 11:18
Update #1

GOA ALERT

CLICK HERE TO CONTACT THE LEGISLATURE & GOVERNOR TO PUSH FOR TRUE CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY! (https://florida.gunowners.org/1182023/)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230121_172446_jpg-2680761.JPG

UPDATE #2

NAGR sent out an alert. They're just the Senate President and House Speaker. Our alert (GOA) is the entire Legislature along with the Governor and Lt. Governor.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230121_170913_jpg-2680738.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230121_170934_jpg-2680740.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230121_171007_jpg-2680743.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230121_171046_jpg-2680745.JPG

The more the merrier I say.

GOA and NAGR putting pressure on lawmakers for a full Constitutional Carry bill is a good thing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/received_1165692497423490_jpeg-2676643.JPG

Florida Republicans in the Legislature are looking at going against what Governor Ron DeSantis has pledged to support.

DeSantis pledged that Constitutional Carry will be signed into law before he leaves office. We'll, all the back chatter we've been hearing from multiple independent sources coincide with what former State Rep. Anthony Sabatini has tweeted.

That full Constitutional Carry is not going to advance. That the Republican Supermajority controlled legislature will only allow either permitless concealed carry or they'll make the CCW permit free. But any chance of full Constitutional Carry with an Open Carry provision is a no go due to legislative leadership being against it.

Alex V
01-18-23, 11:28
Not sure what Disney has to do with it. They don't allow any carry on their property so the type of permitting, or lack there of doesn't really matter.

Adrenaline_6
01-18-23, 12:26
I agree that a full version of CC would be the ideal bill.

If they can/will fix it, then great. What we don't want to happen though, is that there ends up nothing being done at all because everyone won't agree.

Hush
01-18-23, 12:52
The jean shorts and uncle mikes holster crowd needs to get organized!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT
01-18-23, 13:18
Not sure what Disney has to do with it. They don't allow any carry on their property so the type of permitting, or lack there of doesn't really matter.

They lobby and donate to Republicans.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-18-23, 13:22

Imagine if they did? Just hang out under the roller coaster loops and watch it rain CCW guns..

SteyrAUG
01-18-23, 15:24

Disney is afraid open carry anywhere in FL will scare away the tourists.

Miami_JBT
01-18-23, 15:44

Never mind that fact that 96% of all tourists that visit Florida are Americans and 47 states have open carry. If open carry was such a scary thing, the Americans visiting Florida wouldn't have it in their home states.

hotbiggun42
01-18-23, 15:56

My guess is a deal was struck with Disney as they are going to lose their status as independent government.

jsbhike
01-18-23, 16:51

While Disney's prohibiting off duty LE from carrying is surprising, their support for anti-2A laws is not.

Just about every(and this is a rare instance where absolutes could safely be used) business that is opposed to armed serfs treading on their property will typically be found lobbying to extend their desires past the property lines of others.

Miami_JBT
01-18-23, 16:57
While Disney's prohibiting off duty LE from carrying is surprising, their support for anti-2A laws is not.

Just about every(and this is a rare instance where absolutes could safely be used) business that is opposed to armed serfs treading on their property will typically be found lobbying to extend their desires past the property lines of others.

When I was a cop, my wife and I were at Disney Springs, then known as Downtown Disney. My shirt rode up and exposed my S&W J-Frame as I was sitting down to have ice-cream. This was before they had the security checkpoints to enter the area. Anyways, I sit down, shirt rides up, when suddenly, a Disney employee and three uniformed deputies asked if I was LE. I said "yes, here's my creds." The deputies responded with "oh good, if you weren't, we'd arrest you. Instead, finish your ice-cream and secure your piece in your POV or leave." We left after finishing our ice-cream.

SteyrAUG
01-18-23, 17:26
Never mind that fact that 96% of all tourists that visit Florida are Americans and 47 states have open carry. If open carry was such a scary thing, the Americans visiting Florida wouldn't have it in their home states.

At their heart, Disney is a CA based company with CA based thinking.

Miami_JBT
01-18-23, 17:35
At their heart, Disney is a CA based company with CA based thinking.

More like Floridians Republicans are jerks. Half are Southern Florida Cracker Blue Dog Democrats registered as Republican that are against Blacks/Minorities/Poor being able to carry and the other half are Northeastern Country Club Rockerfeller Republicans that are against Blacks/Minorities/Poor being able to carry.

titsonritz
01-18-23, 18:17
FL needs Constitutional Carry, might scare off a few Californians and New Yorkers from moving there.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-18-23, 18:58

In my lifetime I have seen one person open carry- and I travel A LOT. 99% of people have never seen someone open carry.

FL needs Constitutional Carry, might scare off a few Californians and New Yorkers from moving there.

Now you are talking a credible reason for it…

Miami_JBT
01-18-23, 19:09

Rep. Sabatini, who introduced Constitutional Carry three years in a row was born in NY. The Senate President who was against it and who authored the Parkland Gun Control Bill, was born in FL and is an established multi-generational Southern FL Cracker.

JediGuy
01-18-23, 21:02
In my lifetime I have seen one person open carry- and I travel A LOT. 99% of people have never seen someone open carry.

Are you saying just in FL or in general.

I have seen a number of individuals open carry in both Indiana and North Carolina. They almost always look like DB’s plus one old guy with a 1911 who just looked like a grumpy farmer making a point that “Because I can.”

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-18-23, 21:38
Are you saying just in FL or in general.

I have seen a number of individuals open carry in both Indiana and North Carolina. They almost always look like DB’s plus one old guy with a 1911 who just looked like a grumpy farmer making a point that “Because I can.”

In general. OC just isn’t that common. That was my only point. Maybe it would be more common in Florida.

SteyrAUG
01-18-23, 22:00
More like Floridians Republicans are jerks. Half are Southern Florida Cracker Blue Dog Democrats registered as Republican that are against Blacks/Minorities/Poor being able to carry and the other half are Northeastern Country Club Rockerfeller Republicans that are against Blacks/Minorities/Poor being able to carry.

There is some truth to that. Wish I knew how to pull off a Cincinnati Revolt within the Florida GOP.

Miami_JBT
01-19-23, 08:03
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT THE LEGISLATURE & GOVERNOR TO PUSH FOR TRUE CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY! (https://florida.gunowners.org/1182023/)

ChattanoogaPhil
01-19-23, 08:29
From May Issue to Permitless carry… it’s been a long 30 year battle of incremental wins along the way here in Tennessee. Permitless Carry would be a huge win for Floridians even if it does not include open carry in the bill this time. Keep up the good fight.

Open carry was legal here in Tennessee before permitless carry and continues to be legal as it should be. That said, other than police, I don’t see folks on the street openly carrying guns.

I recently watched a vid of a Floridian toting an AR in a city setting somewhere, telling the police he was on his way or coming back from fishing. Seemed to me he was trolling for attention. Don’t be that guy.

Alex V
01-19-23, 09:29

Fair point. Didn't consider it as a problem since it isn't one for me. I was against open carry until I moved to a state which allows it. It was very handy during the Rona BS. It kept store employees from asking me to put on a mask, LOL.

I got caught carrying in Disney Springs in April. An adorable black Lab ratted me out. They just asked me to run back to the parking garage and leave it in the car and didn't seem too upset, explaining that it happens all the time. Disney should concern themselves with Disney, not the rest of the state. People will go either way, I think. Disney people are a different kind.

Lot's of people from Europe. I can see them shitting their dacks if they saw people open carrying.

My guess is a deal was struck with Disney as they are going to lose their status as independent government.

DeSantis seems to do that either way.

WillBrink
01-19-23, 09:47
I don't conflate OC with CC. Two different issues, and I hope the OC weenies (and per other threads I support OC even if I'm not a big fan of it...) don't tank CC in FL. One issue at a time, and I'm much more concerned/interested in CC than OC personally.

Sure, don't like to see woke biz in FL win anything, but that's cutting off nose to spite face if CC and OP don't happen due to trying to combine the two.

jsbhike
01-19-23, 11:11
From May Issue to Permitless carry… it’s been a long 30 year battle of incremental wins along the way here in Tennessee. Permitless Carry would be a huge win for Floridians even if it does not include open carry in the bill this time. Keep up the good fight.

Open carry was legal here in Tennessee before permitless carry and continues to be legal as it should be. That said, other than police, I don’t see folks on the street openly carrying guns.

I recently watched a vid of a Floridian toting an AR in a city setting somewhere, telling the police he was on his way or coming back from fishing. Seemed to me he was trolling for attention. Don’t be that guy.

Seen several open carry while on trips to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg.

Fishing in Florida sounds like Michael Taylor.

1) he is fishing
2) that is legal
3) those are your rights, mine, and everyone else's he is defending.

I can only imagine the 1950s to 1960s commentary on black folks trolling for attention by plopping down on the bus, trying to eat in a restaurant, and drink out of the fountain which actually was a violation of Jim Crow laws.

hotbiggun42
01-19-23, 11:30
Is there only a tweet? I cant find a actual news source for this claim

Miami_JBT
01-19-23, 11:46
Fair point. Didn't consider it as a problem since it isn't one for me. I was against open carry until I moved to a state which allows it. It was very handy during the Rona BS. It kept store employees from asking me to put on a mask, LOL.

I got caught carrying in Disney Springs in April. An adorable black Lab ratted me out. They just asked me to run back to the parking garage and leave it in the car and didn't seem too upset, explaining that it happens all the time. Disney should concern themselves with Disney, not the rest of the state. People will go either way, I think. Disney people are a different kind.

Lot's of people from Europe. I can see them shitting their dacks if they saw people open carrying.

DeSantis seems to do that either way.
International Tourists (meaning Europeans) make up only 4% of all tourists who visit Florida.

Miami_JBT
01-19-23, 11:47
Is there only a tweet? I cant find a actual news source for this claim

I've spoken to multiple independent sources across FL that have confirmed this.

henri
01-19-23, 12:00
Personally, OC is not an option I would chose. If an individual is open carrying in ____ (location of choice) and I'm a bad guy looking for an easy mark, the OC guy is getting a knife in the neck from behind and his pistol will now be mine. And please, no nonsense about how your 'situational awareness, years of training, triple black belt, eyes in back of your head, can dead lift 10 tons, etc, will guarantee this can never happen to you. As the expression goes, anybody can get got.
So if an OC option will somehow affect or limit the CC option, phuck OC.

Alex V
01-19-23, 13:24
International Tourists (meaning Europeans) make up only 4% of all tourists who visit Florida.

It was a shot in the dark. So then yeah, most Americans come from places which allows OC...

Miami_JBT
01-19-23, 13:57
Personally, OC is not an option I would chose. If an individual is open carrying in ____ (location of choice) and I'm a bad guy looking for an easy mark, the OC guy is getting a knife in the neck from behind and his pistol will now be mine. And please, no nonsense about how your 'situational awareness, years of training, triple black belt, eyes in back of your head, can dead lift 10 tons, etc, will guarantee this can never happen to you. As the expression goes, anybody can get got.

Doesn't matter.... Americans in 47 states have the choice to open or conceal carry a firearm. What makes Floridians, New Yorkers, and Illinoisans any different? Why should Floridians be limited in their choice?

jsbhike
01-19-23, 16:20

Does that go for LE too?

titsonritz
01-19-23, 17:10
Rep. Sabatini, who introduced Constitutional Carry three years in a row was born in NY. The Senate President who was against it and who authored the Parkland Gun Control Bill, was born in FL and is an established multi-generational Southern FL Cracker.

Of course. Posted in jest, barely.

SteyrAUG
01-19-23, 19:15

Happens to cops all the time...oh wait.

Miami_JBT
01-21-23, 16:24
UPDATE #2

NAGR sent out an alert. They're just the Senate President and House Speaker. Our alert (GOA) is the entire Legislature along with the Governor and Lt. Governor.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230121_170913_jpg-2680738.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230121_170934_jpg-2680740.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230121_171007_jpg-2680743.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230121_171046_jpg-2680745.JPG

The more the merrier I say.

GOA and NAGR putting pressure on lawmakers for a full Constitutional Carry bill is a good thing.

SteyrAUG
01-21-23, 17:38
I'm on it. Go get 'em.

henri
01-21-23, 17:48
Does that go for LE too?

Slight difference between LE and Joe citizen

jsbhike
01-21-23, 18:14

How is a firearm stolen from LE different than a firearm stolen from a private citizen?

MegademiC
01-21-23, 18:42
How is a firearm stolen from LE different than a firearm stolen from a private citizen?

Cops necks are knife proof. You didnt know!?

In all seriousness, the problem with OC legislation is what it defines as "OC" and that govt has no authority to limit how people bear arms.

Miami_JBT
01-21-23, 19:22

Not when it comes to civil rights. Just because I carried a piece of tin, it shouldn't give me special rights that my wife can't exercise.

Miami_JBT
01-21-23, 19:23
Cops necks are knife proof. You didnt know!?

In all seriousness, the problem with OC legislation is what it defines as "OC" and that govt has no authority to limit how people bear arms.

FL defined OC right now.... it is legislated as verboten, a no-go, illegal, banned, and as a result. It is an arrestable offense.

henri
01-21-23, 20:19
I'd venture to guess that a bad guy would be hesitant to attack LE vs Joe citizen at local grocery store, shopping mall, etc. Average Joe citizen a much easier target.
But not, however, M4C members who are all supermen with heads on a swivel and 15th degree ninja ultra black belts skilled in every martial art known to man and extra terrestrial beings as well, who possess godlike powers of being all seeing mind readers in addition to being a combination seal spetnatz green beret sas veterans that are currently on top secret swat counter terror teams. No, you OC advocates are beyond reproach and the mere presence of your hi point in an uncle mikes nylon holster forms an impenetrable force field against all the evil in the world.

jsbhike
01-21-23, 21:31
I'd venture to guess that a bad guy would be hesitant to attack LE vs Joe citizen at local grocery store, shopping mall, etc. Average Joe citizen a much easier target.
But not, however, M4C members who are all supermen with heads on a swivel and 15th degree ninja ultra black belts skilled in every martial art known to man and extra terrestrial beings as well, who possess godlike powers of being all seeing mind readers in addition to being a combination seal spetnatz green beret sas veterans that are currently on top secret swat counter terror teams. No, you OC advocates are beyond reproach and the mere presence of your hi point in an uncle mikes nylon holster forms an impenetrable force field against all the evil in the world.

I can tell you like being condescending, but you might find it worthwhile to put some effort in to paying attention to what goes on around us.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/deputy-in-uniform-robbed-of-gun-in-carjacking-after-st-louis-blues-game/article_fbdcdbee-3e8c-553d-8edc-bcfbe92230a5.html

Keep in mind that is presumably like cops getting weapons stolen from vehicles(another where it is ok for them, but bad when it happens to peons) and negligent discharges in being something agencies frequently avoid advertising.

Miami_JBT
01-21-23, 22:33

As a cop, suspects had no problem getting into a tussle with LE. As for stealing weapons.... LE are primo targets of opportunity for theft.

Again, the badge doesn't grant me special powers or rights that John Q Public doesn't have.

SteyrAUG
01-21-23, 23:44

So having spent almost a year working at a PD academy and having access to all manner of reports concerning attacks on people and PD it seems that visible weapons are almost a 50/50 deterrent and attractive criminal opportunity.

But more importantly 95% of cops and criminals can pick CCW people out of a crowd, so if you really believe you are "concealed" you are just kidding yourself. I can pick most of them out just by looking at their damn truck. At least OC people (if they are smart) understand they are out in the open.

Hush
01-22-23, 08:18
This https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230122/30710cdcddc60e3fdd863d86ce5100aa.jpg

WillBrink
01-22-23, 09:49

We have gone around in circles on this topic many times. Not a fan of OC, but support it the the simple reason I see no Constitutional reasons to ban it. That's all that matters to me. We can't legislate common sense. I used to OC in the woods in NH when hiking and such, would not do it in Walmart. FL actually attempts a common sense approach to OC, hunting, camping, fishing.

But I'm against legislating common sense because some are too stupid to applying any, especially as it pertains to Const. related issues. That's always an excuse for gov control and banning OC is a form of "common sense" gun laws. Of all this issues gun owners face and should be focused on, why some make OC the issue they think is what should be focused on, I don't get, but to me it screams "look at me!" attention seeking behaviors.

Apples/apples to your LE example, those who plan to OC, that don't use a quality holster with retention as LE does, are f-ing idiots. Like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPgGK13vquU

SteyrAUG
01-22-23, 16:00
This https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230122/30710cdcddc60e3fdd863d86ce5100aa.jpg

People who think OC has an absolute deterrence effect are as delusional as those who think cops, criminals and a lot of other people can't pick out their CCW rig in public.

utahjeepr
01-22-23, 17:20
I don't know man. OC isn't some great evil. I mean these guys slinging an AR in Walmart are retards but a pistol on the hip is NBD. Deterrent vs target identifier is debatable, and that 50/50 split is certainly believable.

I've never OC'd because I think it is demonstrably smart or tactical. If I OC it's usually cause I'm being lazy, or hurried, or I just DGAF that day about being discrete. I do also think it's good for average folks to see guns going about their daily business of riding around in a holster doing a whole lot of nothing.

Now mostly I carry CC, cause that's the wisest course of action for me, defensively. In my case that really only rises to the level of "discrete carry" much of the time. At a casual glance I don't stand out. A turned on observer be they LE, criminal, or ? would probably spot some tells. I regularly can spot others in the wild that CC so I can only imagine the same holds true for me.

I'm not a FL resident, but if this bill was coming up in my state I certainly would not be a fan. I would certainly be wanting better from my representatives.

hotbiggun42
01-22-23, 21:25
People who think OC has an absolute deterrence effect are as delusional as those who think cops, criminals and a lot of other people can't pick out their CCW rig in public.

Thats your opinion. Hell even i have a hard time pulling my gun from my shoulder holster. Lol

SteyrAUG
01-23-23, 02:45
I don't know man. OC isn't some great evil. I mean these guys slinging an AR in Walmart are retards but a pistol on the hip is NBD. Deterrent vs target identifier is debatable, and that 50/50 split is certainly believable.

I've never OC'd because I think it is demonstrably smart or tactical. If I OC it's usually cause I'm being lazy, or hurried, or I just DGAF that day about being discrete. I do also think it's good for average folks to see guns going about their daily business of riding around in a holster doing a whole lot of nothing.

Now mostly I carry CC, cause that's the wisest course of action for me, defensively. In my case that really only rises to the level of "discrete carry" much of the time. At a casual glance I don't stand out. A turned on observer be they LE, criminal, or ? would probably spot some tells. I regularly can spot others in the wild that CC so I can only imagine the same holds true for me.

I'm not a FL resident, but if this bill was coming up in my state I certainly would not be a fan. I would certainly be wanting better from my representatives.

So for me it's weather and access.

When it's 95 out and 90% humidity, last thing I'm doing is a long sleeve shirt over a t shirt. I'm doing a polo and OC on the hip. Can't really hide it from anyone anyway.

Reporter vest? Gun.
Fanny pack? Gun.
Long sleeve shirt open over t shirt? Gun.

And sure you can super tuck that sub compact, and I want to see and try to win from a surrender position. The few times I've pulled form concealed because shit popped off without warning I was pretty late to the game. Thankfully for me the "shit" didn't concern me directly and I simply pulled as I was leaving.

But if I got sucked into that BS somehow, I realized my deep carry was working against me and it changed how I carried.

Today I live in a four seasons state. In the summer, it's on the belt and it's mostly an OC situation unless I have to walk into an establishment that doesn't allow it. Then I just untuck my polo, I look like a slob but I'm not flaunting their rules, when I get back outside I retuck my polo.

In the winter, you aren't gonna see shit. Sweatshirts and coats because it's winter. I do my best to dress for access, usually it's a matter of being under a hoodie but on my hip.

As for the law there is no reason to say "Sure, you can have a gun, you can carry a gun BUT you have to hide it." That's kind of f'ed. The exact same people are walking around all armed, but because you can't see them that somehow makes everyone feel better? That's exactly the kind of emo driven shit politicians do.

If you have a carry permit, that means you can carry a gun.

Iowa is kind of wild, it includes open carry of long arms without permit. So I can sling an AR and walk down the street. I can walk through the grocery store with a MP5, it's legal. And even though there is a temptation because I have a MP5k-PDW and the correct Eagle shoulder holster rig that would make me look "operator as f", I don't do it simply because the "need" hasn't arisen and if Iowa is going to give me sensible gun laws based upon freedom, I am going to reciprocate with sensible conduct based upon need.

Now if Antifa showed up and started having large protests between me and the grocery store...well I might be running that MP5k-PDW in a shoulder rig with a P226 on my hip.

Miami_JBT
01-24-23, 07:15
So for me it's weather and access.

When it's 95 out and 90% humidity, last thing I'm doing is a long sleeve shirt over a t shirt. I'm doing a polo and OC on the hip. Can't really hide it from anyone anyway.

Reporter vest? Gun.
Fanny pack? Gun.
Long sleeve shirt open over t shirt? Gun.

And sure you can super tuck that sub compact, and I want to see and try to win from a surrender position. The few times I've pulled form concealed because shit popped off without warning I was pretty late to the game. Thankfully for me the "shit" didn't concern me directly and I simply pulled as I was leaving.

But if I got sucked into that BS somehow, I realized my deep carry was working against me and it changed how I carried.

Today I live in a four seasons state. In the summer, it's on the belt and it's mostly an OC situation unless I have to walk into an establishment that doesn't allow it. Then I just untuck my polo, I look like a slob but I'm not flaunting their rules, when I get back outside I retuck my polo.

In the winter, you aren't gonna see shit. Sweatshirts and coats because it's winter. I do my best to dress for access, usually it's a matter of being under a hoodie but on my hip.

As for the law there is no reason to say "Sure, you can have a gun, you can carry a gun BUT you have to hide it." That's kind of f'ed. The exact same people are walking around all armed, but because you can't see them that somehow makes everyone feel better? That's exactly the kind of emo driven shit politicians do.

If you have a carry permit, that means you can carry a gun.

Iowa is kind of wild, it includes open carry of long arms without permit. So I can sling an AR and walk down the street. I can walk through the grocery store with a MP5, it's legal. And even though there is a temptation because I have a MP5k-PDW and the correct Eagle shoulder holster rig that would make me look "operator as f", I don't do it simply because the "need" hasn't arisen and if Iowa is going to give me sensible gun laws based upon freedom, I am going to reciprocate with sensible conduct based upon need.

Now if Antifa showed up and started having large protests between me and the grocery store...well I might be running that MP5k-PDW in a shoulder rig with a P226 on my hip.

Take all of that and boil it down to this.

ARE WE NOT A FREE PEOPLE BORN WITH AN INALIENABLE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE ARMS?

If we are, then laws restricting the method of carry are wrong.

Hush
01-24-23, 07:30
Take all of that and boil it down to this.

ARE WE NOT A FREE PEOPLE BORN WITH AN INALIENABLE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE ARMS?

If we are, then laws restricting the method of carry are wrong.Using that logic, then people should be allowed to walk around with their dicks hanging out as well. Being a gun owner or carrying a gun is not a personality, there's a whole other big wide world out there. People who open carry in urban areas do it for attention, it's either compensation or sheer ignorance.

jsbhike
01-24-23, 11:37
Using that logic, then people should be allowed to walk around with their dicks hanging out as well. Being a gun owner or carrying a gun is not a personality, there's a whole other big wide world out there. People who open carry in urban areas do it for attention, it's either compensation or sheer ignorance.

Tell us how a firearm stolen from a cop is different than a firearm stolen from a peon.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-24-23, 12:11
Using that logic, then people should be allowed to walk around with their dicks hanging out as well. Being a gun owner or carrying a gun is not a personality, there's a whole other big wide world out there. People who open carry in urban areas do it for attention, it's either compensation or sheer ignorance.

Actually, that is my OC standard- If I would walk around with my junk out (sober), that is an OC area. Just an opinion. But then I don’t ‘gun’ up my cars with bumper stickers, and pocket carry on the left side of a deep cover knife I think is a tell that there might be something else ‘strong’ side.

On the ‘big picture’, I’d like to get a difinative ruling on ARs from SCOTUS before people start painting their ARs to match their shoes and MP5s become the new ‘small dog in a bag’. PLUS, you know the ANTIFA types will take this the next time things get frosty in the cities- and guess who the DAs will actually charge with ‘menacing’ .

kerplode
01-24-23, 12:18
LE are primo targets of opportunity for theft.

It's easy to steal guns from cops...They leave them unattended in vehicles all over town.

When I lived in N.CO, the neighborhoods were full of cop cars each holding at least one AR. You wouldn't have even needed to be that motivated to snatch a dozen in a single night. Not counting all the other shit in the car and trunk.

One night, two FoCo PD cars were hit and they snatched the ARs. The investigators were all bumble****ing around the next morning like "how could this have possibly happened?!?" The managed to catch the guy quickly because he was an idiot and dropped his debit card in one of the cars, but someone who wasn't a crackhead could have snatched that shit and disappeared.

SteyrAUG
01-24-23, 13:15

Missed that one in the constitution. Free expression maybe.

Miami_JBT
01-24-23, 14:06

El Oh El....

47 states have open carry. What makes Florida so special that it needs to be restricted by law here? When I cross into Georgia and Alabama, Open Carry isn't an issue. Buy crossing back into Florida, makes it a crime.

Show me, how Open Carry specifically is bad? Just because YOU DON'T LIKE IT. Isn't a justifiable reason to restrict it.

Explain how restricting it doesn't violate the Constitutional Liberties of Americans?

Miami_JBT
01-24-23, 14:08
Actually, that is my OC standard- If I would walk around with my junk out (sober), that is an OC area. Just an opinion. But then I don’t ‘gun’ up my cars with bumper stickers, and pocket carry on the left side of a deep cover knife I think is a tell that there might be something else ‘strong’ side.

On the ‘big picture’, I’d like to get a difinative ruling on ARs from SCOTUS before people start painting their ARs to match their shoes and MP5s become the new ‘small dog in a bag’. PLUS, you know the ANTIFA types will take this the next time things get frosty in the cities- and guess who the DAs will actually charge with ‘menacing’ .

ANTIFA and criminals don't care of the laws right now. You honestly believe that they're abiding by the law on carrying arms, while they're chucking molotov and rioting?

Furthermore, 47 states have Open Carry. Are people right now painting their ARs to match their shows and wearing 'em daily?

Hush
01-24-23, 14:15
Tell us how a firearm stolen from a cop is different than a firearm stolen from a peon.It's WORSE. They should be held to a much higher standard.

SteyrAUG
01-24-23, 18:21
El Oh El....

47 states have open carry. What makes Florida so special that it needs to be restricted by law here? When I cross into Georgia and Alabama, Open Carry isn't an issue. Buy crossing back into Florida, makes it a crime.

Show me, how Open Carry specifically is bad? Just because YOU DON'T LIKE IT. Isn't a justifiable reason to restrict it.

Explain how restricting it doesn't violate the Constitutional Liberties of Americans?

Apparently carry guns are somehow exactly like a penis. Trying to remember the last time people made that analogy, oh that's right it was the left who suggested people who felt the need to carry guns (or even own guns) had some kind of inadequacy.

Freud strikes again.

SteyrAUG
01-24-23, 18:24
It's WORSE. They should be held to a much higher standard.

So because OC is wrong, I should leave it in the car, so the car can be broken into and the gun stolen?

I know a LOT of people that has happened to.

How about "legal carry" and you do it the way you do it and I do it the way I do it and we not spend a lot of time worrying about who is more "tactical."

SteyrAUG
01-24-23, 18:26

I've got some bad news for you.

https://i.imgur.com/nalE3VH.jpg

Miami_JBT
01-24-23, 20:23

Some of the worst folks I've ever seen handle firearms were military and law enforcement. Taking cops to qualify is like taking a 5-year-old to the doctor's office. They'll kick, scream, and trying to make a deal to skip out of it.

Hush
01-24-23, 20:26
Some of the worst folks I've ever seen handle firearms were military and law enforcement. Taking cops to qualify is like taking a 5-year-old to the doctor's office. They'll kick, scream, and trying to make a deal to skip out of it.I could not agree more! The worst safety offenders and amateur instructors at the range are the "It's ok...I'm a cop" guys.

SteyrAUG
01-24-23, 21:53
Some of the worst folks I've ever seen handle firearms were military and law enforcement. Taking cops to qualify is like taking a 5-year-old to the doctor's office. They'll kick, scream, and trying to make a deal to skip out of it.

The best and worst shooters I've ever seen are cops. They are either 100% all in or would prefer to carry a ziplock bag of dogshit while on duty.

Ron3
01-24-23, 23:01

I remember signing up for a pistol class and trying to get one of my LE buddies to go, too.

This IS how the conversation went:

Cop: "How much is it?"

Me: "$500, but it's two days and you'll fire about 750 rounds."

Cop: "**** that. I'd have to take a day off and I'm not doing that on my own time!"

Me: "You have plenty of days, and ya'll barely get any training on duty you know that."

Cop: "Well, yea. The $500 includes the ammo?"

Me: "(Laughing) No, man! Of course you bring your own ammo!"

Cop: "MY TIME, MY MONEY, AND MY AMMO!? ****! THAT!"

His attitude is the most common you'll find in the Police community. (I realize you know this, just wanted to share it with others)

SteyrAUG
01-25-23, 04:18
I remember signing up for a pistol class and trying to get one of my LE buddies to go, too.

This IS how the conversation went:

Cop: "How much is it?"

Me: "$500, but it's two days and you'll fire about 750 rounds."

Cop: "**** that. I'd have to take a day off and I'm not doing that on my own time!"

Me: "You have plenty of days, and ya'll barely get any training on duty you know that."

Cop: "Well, yea. The $500 includes the ammo?"

Me: "(Laughing) No, man! Of course you bring your own ammo!"

Cop: "MY TIME, MY MONEY, AND MY AMMO!? ****! THAT!"

His attitude is the most common you'll find in the Police community. (I realize you know this, just wanted to share it with others)

I have a buddy who is a SWAT instructor who offered FREE training to members of his own PD, just bring ammo. Free range, free instruction and STILL nobody took him up on it.

Miami_JBT
01-25-23, 10:37
I was on The Morning Show With Preston Scott 100.7 WFLA (Tallahassee) discussing Constitutional Carry in Florida and how some FL Republicans want to block it and make Gov. Ron DeSantis look bad. Go to the 32:30 mark, that's where my interview with starts.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/preston-scott-show-23098185/episode/ep4853-pence-has-classified-docs-too-107812921/

Miami_JBT
01-26-23, 20:23
Florida Republicans Might Scuttle Constitutional Carry & Gov. DeSantis 2024 Campaign - Specifically, anti-gun and anti-civil rights legislators masquerading as Republicans stand against basic constitutional freedoms in Florida, threatening a constitutional carry bill and possible DeSantis Presidential campaign in 2024. (https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/florida-scuttle-carry-bill/468557)

SteyrAUG
01-26-23, 22:30
Florida Republicans Might Scuttle Constitutional Carry & Gov. DeSantis 2024 Campaign - Specifically, anti-gun and anti-civil rights legislators masquerading as Republicans stand against basic constitutional freedoms in Florida, threatening a constitutional carry bill and possible DeSantis Presidential campaign in 2024. (https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/florida-scuttle-carry-bill/468557)

Keep calling the bastards out.

SteyrAUG
01-26-23, 22:31

Keep calling the bastards out.

Miami_JBT
01-30-23, 17:39
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/received_855577712403277_jpeg-2691616.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230130_152115_jpg-2691618.JPG

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/politics/2023/01/30/constitutional-carry-bill-would-allow-florida-gun-without-permit-legislature/69854667007/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230130_142302_jpg-2691619.JPG

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politics/os-florida-guns-without-permits-bill-20230130-dz4medr675hrvngya6ukvac7wy-story.html

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230130_183242_jpg-2691763.JPG

https://floridaphoenix.com/2023/01/30/florida-gop-sheriffs-pursue-permitless-carrying-of-firearms-dems-call-it-reckless-dangerous/

Miami_JBT
01-30-23, 17:39
Double post, glitch in the matrix.

Miami_JBT
01-31-23, 07:18
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230131_081534_jpg-2692314.JPG

https://news.wfsu.org/state-news/2023-01-30/florida-could-soon-allow-concealed-carry-without-a-permit

Miami_JBT
02-03-23, 14:07
https://i.imgur.com/CupgkMq.jpg

Miami_JBT
02-03-23, 14:37
Katz & Phillips, P.A. - Sorry Constitutional Carry Not Here! (https://thefirearmfirm.com/florida-poised-to-become-26th-permitless-carry-state-sorry-constitutional-carry-not-here/)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/lawyers1_jpg-2696475.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230203-153040_Chrome_jpg-2696478.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230203_153210_jpg-2696479.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230203_153250_jpg-2696480.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230203_153307_jpg-2696481.JPG