PDA

View Full Version : "Mystery manufacturer" BCG's

Slater
01-18-23, 16:40
I receive Botach's sales notices. Any idea who makes this? Possibly foreign?

https://botach.com/usgi-mil-spec-bcg-complete-bolt-carrier-groups/

m4luvr
01-18-23, 17:10
just by clicking the link i think Battle Steel - i’m not familiar with them but someone else will be along soon

GH41
01-18-23, 18:06
99.9% of everything AR comes from mystery manufacturers! The Colt fan boys will fight me over my statement!

lysander
01-18-23, 19:54
99.9% of everything AR comes from mystery manufacturers! The Colt fan boys will fight me over my statement!

It really all boils down to how much do you trust the retailer . . . because in the case of problems they will be who you are dealing with.

titsonritz
01-18-23, 20:56
It really all boils down to how much do you trust the retailer . . . because in the case of problems they will be who you are dealing with.

Well, that rules out Botach.

grizzman
01-18-23, 20:59
As soon as I read the word Botach, I knew I wouldn't be following the link to see if it's at all worth considering.

26 Inf
01-18-23, 23:31
I've not bought bolts from Botach, but I've bought other stuff and been overall happy with their service and prices.

As far as I can tell my first-generation reaction rod works as well as the 'G' reaction rods and at 1/3 the price.

As far as the BCG goes. It checks all the boxes material and testing wise. It also says made in the USA. Of course, they could be fibbing. The tab in my browser also reads 'Battle Steel Mil-Spec BCG Complete Bolt Carrier Groups - FREE SHIPPING'

I'm not tempted as I tend to buy Toolcraft C-158's when they are on sale under a hundred bucks.

markm
01-19-23, 08:16
Well, that rules out Botach.

Word up!!

trauma
01-19-23, 13:19
microbest???

OutofBatt3ry
01-22-23, 12:49
I'm not tempted as I tend to buy Toolcraft C-158's when they are on sale under a hundred bucks.

I agree with this here. For what Toolcrafts cost, there's just no reason to skimp on the BCG.