PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Storing of Firearms

Cips
01-19-23, 19:51
Long story short I need to temporarily remove some firearms from my residence. Getting divorced and don't want to be a victim of a false 'red flag/extreme risk protective order.'

I looked online at places like Hold My Guns and Gunsitters, but nothing in my area. I do have family out of state who I trust, but some of my stuff isn't 'legal' in that state.

What are your thoughts?

SteyrAUG
01-19-23, 20:06
With divorce proceeding coming up, last thing you need is your firearms in a state where they ain't legal. It's exactly that kind of thing her attorney will be looking for.

Also not sure what you have, but before it becomes community property, think about selling everything to a trusted friend for $100 with the understanding that you can buy them all back for $100 when you are clear of this BS.

Lastly, make sure any "trusted friend" is actually your friend and not "our friend."

OutofBatt3ry
01-19-23, 20:08
What he said...^^^^^

As far as storage, just rent a storage unit. The closet sized ones are like $75/month. Make sure you have a separate insurance policy for your guns. It's like $100/yr for many $1000's worth of coverage.

DG23
01-19-23, 20:16
With divorce proceeding coming up, last thing you need is your firearms in a state where they ain't legal. It's exactly that kind of thing her attorney will be looking for.

Also not sure what you have, but before it becomes community property, think about selling everything to a trusted friend for $100 with the understanding that you can buy them all back for $100 when you are clear of this BS.

Lastly, make sure any "trusted friend" is actually your friend and not "our friend."

This right here...

Last divorce of mine she got none of that stuff OR my sports car. That stuff all got 'sold' to help me pay attorney fees (or so they were told when they asked).

Not a day goes by when I do not thank god that sperm burping whore is GONE! :)

Had the friend that helped me with the car put the storage unit for it in HIS name as well. I paid the bills for it but everything was in HIS name.

The friend that helped with some of the firearms took possession of a well used washer and dryer and stored them in a corner of his garage. (he did not have near enough room in his puny little gun safe for all or the stuff inside that washer and dryer) :)

Whalstib
01-20-23, 09:34
Pawn shop! Take a $50 loan on them.....it'll cost you a few $$ a month.

Find a good established one of course....

SteyrAUG
01-20-23, 13:15
Pawn shop! Take a $50 loan on them.....it'll cost you a few $$ a month.

Find a good established one of course....

You will still own them, they will become community property.

HKGuns
01-20-23, 21:23

Heed this excellent advice is my advice.

Averageman
01-21-23, 15:58
If you were close by I would shuffle my gear around and give you a safe to use. You dial in your own numbers and it could sit in my house until your ready to pick them up.