PDA

View Full Version : Heritage ranch rifle

hotbiggun42
01-22-23, 21:21
I know, Heritage but anyone else buy one of these awesome rifles?
My 22lr pistols and rifles are the only firearms i own that i consider tools. I carry and shoot them often.
The ranch rifle is very accurate and light.
How do you like yours?

https://www.academy.com/p/heritage-rr-rancher-22-lr-rimfire-carbine

SteyrAUG
01-23-23, 02:49
Even if I had every rifle I ever wanted, I probably wouldn't own a revolver rifle. An original maybe, but even that holds little interest.

When I shoot .22 it tends to be for relaxation and seeing how tight I can get groups from a comfortable rest. That means it's bolt action, quality semi auto or a lever rifle.

hotbiggun42
01-23-23, 10:45
Even if I had every rifle I ever wanted, I probably wouldn't own a revolver rifle. An original maybe, but even that holds little interest.

When I shoot .22 it tends to be for relaxation and seeing how tight I can get groups from a comfortable rest. That means it's bolt action, quality semi auto or a lever rifle.

Try one i think you will enjoy it. My other 22 rifle is a old savage bolt action. So i understand your bolt action preferance

SteyrAUG
01-23-23, 17:08
Try one i think you will enjoy it. My other 22 rifle is a old savage bolt action. So i understand your bolt action preferance

I've tried them, due to the revolving cylinder, they aren't terribly accurate. Also reloads are kind of a pain.

utahjeepr
01-23-23, 18:52
You do you bruh. Revolver rifles have like -1000 attraction for me. Good revolver pistols are fine, but a rifle? Nah, hard pass. I got rolling blocks, falling blocks, levers, bolts, and autos but I don't have any desire for a shoulder fired wheel gun.

I'm glad you like it, enjoy! I imagine in 22lr having your face that close to the cylinder gap is NBD. Wouldn't want to try that with a .357 personally though. Like I said though, have fun.

hotbiggun42
01-23-23, 19:04
You do you bruh. Revolver rifles have like -1000 attraction for me. Good revolver pistols are fine, but a rifle? Nah, hard pass. I got rolling blocks, falling blocks, levers, bolts, and autos but I don't have any desire for a shoulder fired wheel gun.

I'm glad you like it, enjoy! I imagine in 22lr having your face that close to the cylinder gap is NBD. Wouldn't want to try that with a .357 personally though. Like I said though, have fun.

I wondered why no one was making one in a larger caliber until i shot the heritage. Yeah more gas would be a issue.

hotbiggun42
01-23-23, 19:07
I've tried them, due to the revolving cylinder, they aren't terribly accurate. Also reloads are kind of a pain.

They are very accurate. I shot a Armadilla square between the eyes, bastard was trying to dig a hole in my capmpers floor. Ever shoot a armadillo? Very entertaing.