PDA

View Full Version : pic request for colors

RUTGERS95
01-23-23, 13:44
going to get some work done by dwilson on my lmt and cerakote. they offer magpul green, olive drab, noveske bazooka green. I can't find anything with them matched up to see the differences. I have ODG on rigs but want to see the other two as I'm going to do tan furniture and want to see the look

thanks if you have pics

TMS951
01-23-23, 14:03
going to get some work done by dwilson on my lmt and cerakote. they offer magpul green, olive drab, noveske bazooka green. I can't find anything with them matched up to see the differences. I have ODG on rigs but want to see the other two as I'm going to do tan furniture and want to see the look

thanks if you have pics

Pics really won’t give you a realistic idea at all.

You can order free samples from ceracote

RUTGERS95
01-23-23, 14:05

interesting, did not know that. thanks. I'll call them right now

titsonritz
01-23-23, 15:22
Links to order free swatches...

https://www.cerakote.com/shop/cerakote-coating?color=cera_green

The mag extension is Cerakote MIL SPEC O.D. GREEN H-240

https://i.imgur.com/OCsadqj.jpg

TMS951
01-23-23, 15:49
interesting, did not know that. thanks. I'll call them right now

I ordered a bunch years back and was stunned how much they differed from the picture online. We’ll worth ordering some swatches.

HKGuns
01-23-23, 16:29
Agreed. White balance and realistic lighting in photography is a bitch.

Too few take the time to get it right.

Then you have the calibration of your monitor etc…… Colors can be very different in person than what you see in pictures.

MegademiC
01-23-23, 18:53

Then you have the calibration of your monitor etc…… Colors can be very different in person than what you see in pictures.

Absolutely. I bought sone dark dirt colored camo krylon. It looks black most of the time, and purple in bright white indoor light. It does look like wet mud in daylight, but was hoping for more of a standard brown, which the cap looked like in the store.

Maybe I have the first 'plum' AR:suicide2:

mark5pt56
01-24-23, 05:05
maybe visit Stickman's section here to see a ton of pictures

georgeib
01-24-23, 05:23
One thing I will say about Magpul colored Cerakote colors is how varied their appearance can be depending on lighting brightness and whether the light is cool or warmer. I've had my Magpul OD Green rifle go from looking almost black to positively OD, for example.

Stickman
01-24-23, 16:57
maybe visit Stickman's section here to see a ton of pictures

The sad thing is, I'm not able to help in this case. Its hard to imagine that I don't have pics of something, but I have zero Noveske B, and no Magpul green.

Stickman
01-24-23, 17:05

#1 If someone is particular, they need to understand that various lighting, as well as things like the color of the room the pics were taken in will come into play. If its studio pics, the light modifiers used will impart a different look, and that is assuming its a legit photographer who is shooting in a controlled environment with the camera calibrated to the lighting used at that moment (not just switching to AWB or Flash settings). At a minimum, a grey card should be used, though to be honest it should really be done using X Rite/ Color Checker, or something similar.

Add in to the above that any changes to the picture while being processed will offset values such as color, saturation, hue and tones. Now we also need to keep in mind that IF the photographer has also calibrated his or her monitor to be correct.... that the viewers will also need to be using calibrated equipment to view it correctly. I use two monitors, one for primary which is color correct, and then a secondary monitor which is auto corrected, and they are not even close to matching.

The best thing I can say, is to view images on an iPad. Apple does a phenomenal job of color correction with their screens.

#2 Color samples are going to give you the best choices, HOWEVER, you are going to want to view them in various light sources, because what looks great in your bathroom may look like total garbage in direct sunlight or shade.

Stickman
01-24-23, 17:07

Yes, yes, yes!!

5.56Geo
01-27-23, 13:54
You can also add another variable to the Cerakote color equation...

If the mixture ratios are not followed exactly by the Cerakote applicator the colors can very in sheen from application to application from the same batch.

RUTGERS95
01-27-23, 20:33
thanks everyone

just going to go magpul green with fde grip, stock and hardware. should be a nice combo, may have them do the barrel fde as well.

davidjinks
02-01-23, 09:58
That’s some good info right there. I also didn’t know you could do that.

Rmorris
02-01-23, 16:23
Cerakote has a gallery that is searchable for color.

mjpgolf1
02-05-23, 22:35
I cerakoted this Geissele Build in Noveske Bazooka Green. Turned out really nice. Good luck with your decision.