PDA

View Full Version : ATF now says only the registered owner can handle or shoot NFA items

Aries144
01-25-23, 19:33
No more just "being present" while someone else handles them. ATF now says no one else may touch or use them other than the registered owner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ7W28YnLYA

The persecution is getting absurd. Action must be taken.

01-25-23, 19:35
That’ll be rather interesting for rental ranges.

What about cops and Soldiers issued NFA items?

utahjeepr
01-25-23, 19:56
So... what about ATF agents? If they ain't the owner then hands off? Agency or seizure either one?

Trusts? Businesses? The legal entity is the owner, so only the paperwork can touch em?

This is what happens when Butthead grows up and becomes the Director of BATFE

qsy
01-25-23, 20:17
It may change the way action/war movies are made.

markm
01-25-23, 20:33
This is what happens when booger eaters write to ATF to ask questions. "Can my Mom shoot my SBR when I cross state lines if I move before my stamp comes in?"

SteyrAUG
01-25-23, 21:09
So how should SOTs demo guns to PDs?

How will SWAT ever handle another MP5 or M4, the department owns them, not individual officers. Hell nobody AT ATF owns any of the shit in their inventory. Are they gonna arrest themselves?

thepatriot2705
01-25-23, 21:42
My big question is how does this apply to trust?

ChattanoogaPhil
01-25-23, 21:56
So… when someone at the club is curious about a rimfire can it will be a federal crime to hand them a suppressed .22?

AKDoug
01-25-23, 22:20
Geezus, when will the retardation end? Pretty much shuts down every rental range that has NFA items and every machine gun shoot put on by clubs.

Going to be fun when my local State trooper asks to see my suppressed rifle while I'm out hunting. Sorry Mr. Wildlife Trooper, you can't. You're not one of the anointed ones.

ViniVidivici
01-25-23, 22:27
Battlefield Vegas won't like that either!

.45fan
01-25-23, 22:33
This makes the extra money I paid to have a local attorney who is specialized in gun law draw up my trust worth it.

I can add or remove trustees anytime I want.

Not sure the $20 generic trusts allow that.

thepatriot2705
01-25-23, 23:34
This makes the extra money I paid to have a local attorney who is specialized in gun law draw up my trust worth it.

I can add or remove trustees anytime I want.

Is the NFA item registered to the trust or the trustees?

SteyrAUG
01-26-23, 00:13
Gonna also be interesting when it comes to actual sales and prospective buyers of an NFA item, say a really expensive machine gun for example, want to "test fire" something before dropping $40k on it.

We are also rapidly approaching the days when NFA prices for "machine guns" will be so high, people won't even be willing to shoot them for fear of damaging them and loosing their investment.

markm
01-26-23, 07:48

Why wouldn't it? It's just a piece of paper when you boil it down. I remember the first time I added an additional NFA item, I went and had the trust RE-notorized.... then I was like... WTF? Just add the item to the schedule.

BoringGuy45
01-26-23, 08:11
It’s completely unenforceable.

utahjeepr
01-26-23, 08:15
It’s completely unenforceable.

Yeah, tell that to the guys that "Waco" your house cause they claim you let someone fondle your NFA item. :)

Budget
01-26-23, 09:52
In my AO they aren't enforcing laws on the books now, including stolen guns with defaced serial numbers, at least federally. Most counties are now handing out CPL applications instead of felony convictions for CCW.

The US Attorneys office only wants RICO and OCDETF cases and our counties/state prosecutors are so backlogged they plea cases from violent felonies to credit for time served and a little probation.

The ATF simply does not have the resources to investigate these crimes let alone enforce them. Even if they wanted to charge you, without criminal history or some extenuating circumstances (political motivation), I don't see fed courts charging this stuff. And NFA possession on the state side of prosecution is a mixed bag.

My biggest question I have, will this apply to LE or have they already carved out their own exemption?

MA2_Navy_Veteran
01-26-23, 10:06
Meh - I apparently fondle unregistered NFA items every time I tie my shoe-laces.

And I have yet to be visited due to all the strategically placed unregistered NFA sound suppressors that are just laying around my house out in the open unsecured (pillows).

Also -Anybody ever notice that newspapers never come rubber-banded anymore? Must be because of that damned constructive possesion thing.

MA2

sgtrock82
01-26-23, 10:41
The ATF would suck the sweat off a deadmans balls, and then fine his estate for possession before the corpse goes cold.

It's only unenforceable if the goobers of the world keep their G-D Phones in their pockets. Nobody gives a damn about your shitty videos anyway.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

kerplode
01-26-23, 10:53
My biggest question I have, will this apply to LE or have they already carved out their own exemption?

None of this shit ever applies to LE. They're special snowflakes.

prepare
01-26-23, 11:07
Whatever the atf says gun owners will be scrambling to comply.

.45fan
01-26-23, 11:08
Is the NFA item registered to the trust or the trustees?To the best of my knowledge both.

Inkslinger
01-26-23, 17:04
Some updates.

https://www.youtube.com/live/DPCkHpWu3Yo?feature=share

john armond
01-26-23, 17:16
It’s not just letting your buddy fondle your SBR. It’s “constructive possession” too. You and your buddy are using the same table and you place your SBR on the table. He knows it’s there, and it’s within reach. That a felony now. Place your suppressor on a table in the same room as your wife…constructive possession. Open your safe in the presence of a buddy to show him a Luger. That SBS in the safe…constructive possession. No dealer will ever be able to have a NFA item on display on a wall ever again.

C-grunt
01-26-23, 17:27
I just saw a video where the NSSF reached out to the ATF about that and the ATF said it was incorrect and would be changing it back to the old message.

john armond
01-26-23, 17:30
I just saw a video where the NSSF reached out to the ATF about that and the ATF said it was incorrect and would be changing it back to the old message.

Not a mistake. They just got caught too fast.

MA2_Navy_Veteran
01-26-23, 17:45
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it."

henri
01-26-23, 18:02
The ATF also announced that underwear shall be worn outside the pants whenever a firearm is present in any location.

It would not surprise me if the subnormal cretins that comprise the atf will come up with assorted idiotic regulations that only affect law abiding tax payers. Phucking kuntz.

SteyrAUG
01-26-23, 18:35
So gun shows.

Pick up an Uzi, go to jail.

We are almost back to the Carter days when it comes to ATF shenanigans.

SteyrAUG
01-26-23, 18:42
Some updates.

https://www.youtube.com/live/DPCkHpWu3Yo?feature=share

Looks like the ATF just walked that one back.

Renegade
01-26-23, 19:08
“The Q&A currently listed on the eforms account is incorrect. In this scenario, the registered owner of the NFA weapon is co-located with the firearm and thus no transfer has occurred. However, if the person firing the NFA weapon is prohibited from possessing the firearm there could be a GCA violation. We are working to correct the site as quickly as possible.”

jsbhike
01-26-23, 19:34
“The Q&A currently listed on the eforms account is incorrect. In this scenario, the registered owner of the NFA weapon is co-located with the firearm and thus no transfer has occurred. However, if the person firing the NFA weapon is prohibited from possessing the firearm there could be a GCA violation. We are working to correct the site as quickly as possible.”

Freudian slip

titsonritz
01-26-23, 20:22
Don't worry they'll make up some new shit tomorrow.

AndyLate
01-27-23, 06:25
ATF is trolling us.

Andy

01-27-23, 08:10
Looks like the ATF just walked that one back.

I wonder if someone warned them that they don’t have the manpower or BDE to take on the entire US Military.

camoman
01-27-23, 08:20
Perhaps we should concentrate on the actual legal aspects of this.
The ATF cannot write law! The ATF does not supersede the Constitution! The ATF cannot…. Does not Trump Congress, or the Senate!
What we have here, is yet another fraudulent alphabet agency on a power trip!
As far as I’m concerned…the ATF can go fly a kite!

kerplode
01-27-23, 11:08
The ATF cannot write law! The ATF does not supersede the Constitution! The ATF cannot…. Does not Trump Congress, or the Senate!

And yet none of that really matters when they kick in your door at 3AM and shoot your wife and dog...

AKjeff
01-27-23, 12:18

What surprises me is the fact that our elected representatives let them get away with it.
From my own experiences with gov bureaucracy, everyone is usually protective of their jobs.

SteyrAUG
01-27-23, 15:00
I wonder if someone warned them that they don’t have the manpower or BDE to take on the entire US Military.

I think a room full of lawyers gave them a realistic understanding of likely outcomes.

SteyrAUG
01-27-23, 15:01

Found another person who is not aware of the "sporter clause" within the 1968 GCA which gives ATF the power to legislate by decree with determination letters, sporter tests and such.