PDA

View Full Version : Vermont Supreme Court Upholds Measure Allowing Non-citizens to Vote

Buncheong
01-26-23, 20:37
Thomas Chittum warned us, 30 years ago...

"The left is very good at playing the long game and that’s exactly what this is. How long will it take for Vermont liberals to insist that non-citizens should be able to vote in national elections?"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/vermont-supreme-court-upholds-measure-allows-non-citizens-vote/

jsbhike
01-26-23, 21:18
Thomas Chittum warned us, 30 years ago...

"The left is very good at playing the long game and that’s exactly what this is. How long will it take for Vermont liberals to insist that non-citizens should be able to vote in national elections?"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/vermont-supreme-court-upholds-measure-allows-non-citizens-vote/

Shouldn't the unelected be clear to vote in legislatures and so on?

Miami_JBT
01-26-23, 22:25
In 1875, the Supreme Court in Minor v. Happersett noted that "citizenship has not in all cases been made a condition precedent to the enjoyment of the right of suffrage. Thus, in Missouri, persons of foreign birth, who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, may under certain circumstances vote."

States didn't bar non-citizens from voting in local elections until the 1910s-1920s.

Arkansas was the last state to bar non-citizens from voting in 1926.

In 1931, political scientist Leon Aylsworth noted that "[f]or the first time in over a hundred years, a national election was held in 1928 in which no alien in any state had the right to cast a vote for a candidate for any office – national, state, or local."

flenna
01-27-23, 05:41
I believe the main qualifier should be “are you a net taxpayer?”. If you receive more from the .gov dole than you pay in then no voting for you.

gaijin
01-27-23, 07:49
Dupe.

gaijin
01-27-23, 07:49
I’m for swinging back 200 yrs; if you’re not a male, landowner- no vote.

This ShitShow will not stop.

When are they changing that catchy flag to:
“Don’t Tread on Me, unless you’re an illegal, Transexual alien!”??

BoringGuy45
01-27-23, 14:32
I’m for swinging back 200 yrs; if you’re not a male, landowner- no vote.

This ShitShow will not stop.

When are they changing that catchy flag to:
“Don’t Tread on Me, unless you’re an illegal, Transexual alien!”??

F**k that. If you pay taxes, you should have the right to vote.

Biggy
01-27-23, 14:50
MAGA in 24 !!!