PDA

View Full Version : The "Based" Immigrant Meme

Buncheong
01-30-23, 21:16
"Can immigrants save America? The answer is obviously no. By any metric, mass immigration would destroy the country conservatives wish to preserve. They’re not as “culturally conservative” as their right-wing fans claim. On pretty much every issue, immigrants favor the standard Democratic line.

Hispanics overwhelmingly favor big government over limited government. Hispanics and Asians overwhelmingly oppose abortion bans. Both groups support gay marriage. Both groups favor gun control. Both groups favor speech restrictions."

https://highlyrespected.substack.com/p/the-based-immigrant-meme

hotbiggun42
01-30-23, 21:23
"Can immigrants save America? The answer is obviously no. By any metric, mass immigration would destroy the country conservatives wish to preserve. They’re not as “culturally conservative” as their right-wing fans claim. On pretty much every issue, immigrants favor the standard Democratic line.

Hispanics overwhelmingly favor big government over limited government. Hispanics and Asians overwhelmingly oppose abortion bans. Both groups support gay marriage. Both groups favor gun control. Both groups favor speech restrictions."

Hispanics are conservative people who have no experience with big government or social safety nets. Its the second and third generation that have been educated in our f upped education system that are the problem.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-30-23, 21:31
Immigrants are the outsourcing of the 3-5th children in families. With out immigrants the Modern US social programs would implode because of their inherent Ponzi scheme.

Our economies for centuries have been built on ‘forward’ progress based on increasing number of people and consumers. With in our lifetimes, and definately our kids lifetimes, that will stop because attaining ‘peak population’. It has already happened in Japan, Italy too. It just happened in China. Actually, Africa is the only place where the increase in global population is being driven. Everyone else figured out how to decrease family size, either by force or by personal economics. Africa seems to be saying “F It” and have large families as the lifespans grow. Going to spicy when China tries to export the African resources they have invested in and the Africans need them.

Culture and change from immigrants as a threat to country? I’m sure the Spanish thought that about the English. I know the Irish Catholics, the Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Spain) and then the Eastern Europeans all faced the same charge- and frankly the change was true to one degree or another. Immigrants? Shhhhheeeeeeiiit. Colorado has been ruined by Americans, well Californians.

Buncheong
01-30-23, 22:15
“They are contaminated; they are programmed to think and react to certain stimuli in a certain pattern. You cannot change their mind, even if you expose them to authentic information, even if you prove that white is white and black is black, you still cannot change the basic perception and the logic of their behavior. In other words these people… the process of demoralization is complete and irreversible.”

~ Yuri Bezmenov

SteyrAUG
01-31-23, 01:54
We are bringing in the wrong immigrants.

If we brought in Cubans wishing to escape communism, Europeans seeking greater opportunity and former Soviet satellite countries that have seen first hand the failure of communism, you could get this country back to a 1950s "quality of life" in less than 10 years. We'd have to start making things again, and I don't mean assembling crap like China but inventing and making quality things that make lives better.

We could have a level of prosperity never seen before. We might even be able to have free college and healthcare.

SilverBullet432
01-31-23, 20:48
Hispanics are conservative people who have no experience with big government or social safety nets. Its the second and third generation that have been educated in our f upped education system that are the problem.

This.. The current older generation Hispanics (60+ Y/O's) are mostly all hardcore conservatives. Hardcore anti-abortion and same sex marriage (I'm not opposed to same sex marriage) and hardcore anti-commie!

It is definitely this new "LatinX" (God, I hate that word) crowd who thinks other wise. Ted Cruz's father did a great interview on exposing some of the hardships he and his family faced in Cuba. More of these idiots need to watch that and let it sink in.

(I'm 29, and Hispanic).

Miami_JBT
01-31-23, 23:59

I am not in favor of large government, Democrats, or even Republicans for the most part due to their infatuation with large government.

Thanks for making me look like crap.

Miami_JBT
02-01-23, 00:01
This.. The current older generation Hispanics (60+ Y/O's) are mostly all hardcore conservatives. Hardcore anti-abortion and same sex marriage (I'm not opposed to same sex marriage) and hardcore anti-commie!

It is definitely this new "LatinX" (God, I hate that word) crowd who thinks other wise. Ted Cruz's father did a great interview on exposing some of the hardships he and his family faced in Cuba. More of these idiots need to watch that and let it sink in.

(I'm 29, and Hispanic).

Millennial and Gen Z'ers Latinos hate LatinX and no one other than stupid WASPs are using it.

Heck, the most monochromatic state in the Union, Vermont voted for Bernie "The Commie" Sanders. It ain't Latinos. Hispanics or Blacks voting him into office. It is pasty White Non-Hispanics doing it.

Harpoon
02-01-23, 08:36
How did immigration work out for the Native American Indians?

Averageman
02-01-23, 10:14
"Hispanics overwhelmingly favor big government over limited government. Hispanics and Asians overwhelmingly oppose abortion bans. Both groups support gay marriage. Both groups favor gun control. Both groups favor speech restrictions."]

In my experiance none of the above has shown itself to be true.
I grew up with Hispanic people in Arizona and Texas and I'm married to a Filippina. Very conservative folks over all. I actually don't find the two cultures that different.
Full of people working their butts off to feed their families.
I've found them to be good folks with strong families that oppose abortion, for that matter many oppose birth control.
They have a rather laissez-faire attitude toward gay and transgender folks.
I'm also not sure that these folks favor either gun control or limited speech.
Just my experiance.

Miami_JBT
02-01-23, 15:30
In my experiance none of the above has shown itself to be true.
I grew up with Hispanic people in Arizona and Texas and I'm married to a Filippina. Very conservative folks over all. I actually don't find the two cultures that different.
Full of people working their butts off to feed their families.
I've found them to be good folks with strong families that oppose abortion, for that matter many oppose birth control.
They have a rather laissez-faire attitude toward gay and transgender folks.
I'm also not sure that these folks favor either gun control or limited speech.
Just my experiance.

As a Cuban-American, the OP just painted my entire family as Marxists.... never mind the fact that my family directly took part in the Bay of Pigs Invasion in an effort to overthrow Marxism.

Sidneyious
02-01-23, 19:43

Yes, how did it work out when the omahas met the lakotas or the sioux and the Ioway.

In the eighteenth century, the Sauk and Mesquakie were driven out of their ancestral homelands in eastern Wisconsin by the Ojibwa, with the assistance of the French.

So tell me hows it working out for them before the white man came?

AKDoug
02-01-23, 19:45
I must hang out with the wrong naturalized Americans from Mexico. I've yet to meet one that was pro-big government, pro-abortion, or anti-gun.

SteyrAUG
02-02-23, 18:18

About as well as it did for the humans who were here before they got here.

SteyrAUG
02-02-23, 18:24
I must hang out with the wrong naturalized Americans from Mexico. I've yet to meet one that was pro-big government, pro-abortion, or anti-gun.

So generally two kinds of Mexicans.

1. I came here for a better life, worked my ass off, made sacrifices and now I have my own place of business...how can I help you / I recommend the pork enchiladas.

2. Mexico sucks and I was hungry so I came here for as much free shit as I could get because I hear you can sit on your ass and play video games and somebody will give you food and money.

Every race / nationality has a "I'm going to BUILD something" contingent and they all have a Free Shit Army contingent. The problem isn't place of origin so much as popular mentality of some locations.

Some of the better Americans I know are the ones who really had to work for it to become an American.

Averageman
02-02-23, 18:24
About as well as it did for the humans who were here before they got here.

Very large and very hungry short faced bears had quite the buffett on the straits.

SilverBullet432
02-02-23, 19:21
So generally two kinds of Mexicans.

1. I came here for a better life, worked my ass off, made sacrifices and now I have my own place of business...how can I help you / I recommend the pork enchiladas.

2. Mexico sucks and I was hungry so I came here for as much free shit as I could get because I hear you can sit on your ass and play video games and somebody will give you food and money.

Every race / nationality has a "I'm going to BUILD something" contingent and they all have a Free Shit Army contingent. The problem isn't place of origin so much as popular mentality of some locations.

Some of the better Americans I know are the ones who really had to work for it to become an American.

Your last point hits the nail right on the head and drives it in flush!

Ask some of the #1’s how grateful they are to be American citizens and I guarantee that 100% will say that they are beyond blessed to have the opportunity to be here. There truly is no other country like this in the world.

SteyrAUG
02-02-23, 22:11
Your last point hits the nail right on the head and drives it in flush!

Ask some of the #1’s how grateful they are to be American citizens and I guarantee that 100% will say that they are beyond blessed to have the opportunity to be here. There truly is no other country like this in the world.

When I got older, I made conscious decisions where to spend my money. One of those places was a family owned mexican restaurant, the whole family worked there and took pride in every part of it. Always glad to see regulars and remembered them, always made sure everything was right and if something was wrong...they fixed it.

True of a few dozen places I frequented regularly. I was once at a mom and pop Italian joint (first gen Americans) and was having some car trouble when I tried to leave. They actually sent one of their kids who knew about cars out to help me, can't remember what the problem was but he got started and I got home, never forgot that.

Johnny Rico
02-03-23, 13:00
Its the second and third generation that have been educated in our f upped education system that are the problem.

This is a huge issue and it's not racially or ethnically based. I am close friends with many Korean-Americans, and the difference in mentality between their generations (i.e., 1st born here) and their parents (i.e., immigrants) and the youngsters today is staggering. If the Watts or Rodney King riots tried a 21st century remake in Koreatown, I don't know that there would be many Roof Koreans left to defend their community.

ABNAK
02-03-23, 20:18
This unfettered ILLEGAL invasion is why I will, to my dying day, oppose ANY suggestions of amnesty or a "pathway to citizenship". EVER. Fvck them, let them forever live in the shadows as they say.....and their damn kids too. Better yet, deport them. They will be nothing but future Democrat voters, which of course is the exact reason the Demoshits want them here.

I don't give a shit if they're "looking for a better life". Fix your own shitty Third World country. There is a LEGAL way to come here. Do it that way and we're square. I do not give one shit if it's "too hard" or "too expensive". Tough titties, deal with it. You are NOT welcome if you are illegal.

I remember when Shitstain (Obama) made the "Dreamers" plea. "But those poor innocent chilrunz didn't have a choice". I swore this time, once the Cheater-in-Chief Biden took office, that I would forever be against ANY type of amnesty, including the poor innocent wittle ninos. Fvck all of them. You know damn well that in 10 or 15 years you're gonna hear that same whiney-ass Obunghole-era shit about "the chilrunz". Send every g-damn one of them back.

Oh, and before some douche accuses me of "racism", this applies to Euro/Hispanic/Asian/African ILLEGAL ALIENS. Skin color or ethnicity matters not one bit. Be here legally or GTFO.

SteyrAUG
02-03-23, 21:50
This unfettered ILLEGAL invasion is why I will, to my dying day, oppose ANY suggestions of amnesty or a "pathway to citizenship". EVER. Fvck them, let them forever live in the shadows as they say.....and their damn kids too. Better yet, deport them. They will be nothing but future Democrat voters, which of course is the exact reason the Demoshits want them here.

I don't give a shit if they're "looking for a better life". Fix your own shitty Third World country. There is a LEGAL way to come here. Do it that way and we're square. I do not give one shit if it's "too hard" or "too expensive". Tough titties, deal with it. You are NOT welcome if you are illegal.

I remember when Shitstain (Obama) made the "Dreamers" plea. "But those poor innocent chilrunz didn't have a choice". I swore this time, once the Cheater-in-Chief Biden took office, that I would forever be against ANY type of amnesty, including the poor innocent wittle ninos. Fvck all of them. You know damn well that in 10 or 15 years you're gonna hear that same whiney-ass Obunghole-era shit about "the chilrunz". Send every g-damn one of them back.

Oh, and before some douche accuses me of "racism", this applies to Euro/Hispanic/Asian/African ILLEGAL ALIENS. Skin color or ethnicity matters not one bit. Be here legally or GTFO.

I'm with ya.

Really sucks because if they didn't overwhelm the system completely, we probably could have accommodated some of these people. I don't hate their kids, I really wish their was a way, but they decided to tank our ability to manage things with an unregulated invasion. So here we are.

ABNAK
02-03-23, 22:26
I'm with ya.

Really sucks because if they didn't overwhelm the system completely, we probably could have accommodated some of these people. I don't hate their kids, I really wish their was a way, but they decided to tank our ability to manage things with an unregulated invasion. So here we are.

I don't "hate" their kids either......they can be deported right along with their parents.

The kids are used as pawns by the libtards. "But you can't deport the poor wittle babies". Oh yes you can, on the same flight/bus as momma and papa. They called our bluff once, don't let them do it again.

We are being set up: half a generation ago it was wringing hands over the [original] "Dreamers". Now, once again, we are being set up to accept, at some point in the future, the current batch of "Dreamer" kids out of a guilt trip being laid on. I don't suffer from such a guilt-affliction. A decade from now little Juan/Igor/Xi/etc. can go with their parents as they exit stage left. You allow the "chilrunz" to stay then they most certainly will apply for the parents to stay. Screw all of them. Come here legally and we're good.

I don't care "how much like me" they seem. I guarantee you we couldn't go to their country and shack up, getting freebies no other place on Earth offers. But we are supposed to accept Third World flotsam indefinitely with open arms (and wallets)......tired of that shit. Yeah, flotsam, it isn't like we're getting doctors/physicists/nurses/tech gurus/etc. We're getting needy-ass international beggars, and that's exactly how I view them.

(this tirade was not directed at you Steyr)

SteyrAUG
02-04-23, 01:36
(this tirade was not directed at you Steyr)

I knew that.

Miami_JBT
02-04-23, 04:11
This is a huge issue and it's not racially or ethnically based. I am close friends with many Korean-Americans, and the difference in mentality between their generations (i.e., 1st born here) and their parents (i.e., immigrants) and the youngsters today is staggering. If the Watts or Rodney King riots tried a 21st century remake in Koreatown, I don't know that there would be many Roof Koreans left to defend their community.

That's because they're educated in American Schools and raised as Americans.

Miami_JBT
02-04-23, 04:13

My family came here in 1961, before the 1965 Cuban Adjustment Act. Technically, we were illegals and we are the most anti-marxists out there.

Our immigration system is broken. You have good people that can't legally get in and are passed over.

ABNAK
02-04-23, 08:36
My family came here in 1961, before the 1965 Cuban Adjustment Act. Technically, we were illegals and we are the most anti-marxists out there.

Our immigration system is broken. You have good people that can't legally get in and are passed over.

Probably 20 years ago my wife and I were on vacation on Margarita Island (off the coast of Venezuela). We met two British couples while we were there. They had been to the U.S. before and liked it, had a relative who lived in Florida and could help set the guys up in business. I asked why they didn't go for it......they laughed and said they couldn't get a permanent visa (or whatever it is called when you emigrate here for good). One commented something to the effect of "We aren't the right type". I knew what he meant.

Your parents coming here in 1961 might as well have been a century ago; things are different now, much more screwed up. I don't believe there was a .gov teat to suckle off of back then, at least not as widespread as it is now.

As an aside, did anyone see the news report (I think it was on FOX) about the illegals in NYC refusing to be relocated from the hotel they were leeching at? They had one rabble rouser telling them "This is a rich country, they can afford to give it to us". Pissed me off seeing that. :mad: