PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Spy Balloon over Montana

mack7.62
02-02-23, 21:50
So a really big high altitude Chinese spy balloon is hovering over Montana and it's not shot down because we are totally owned by China.

The Post Millennial
@TPostMillennial
·
2h
Jack Posobiec on the Chinese spy balloon seen floating above the US:

“What does Montana have that could be interesting to the CCP? I guarantee you it’s not just farmland…”

Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
41m
BREAKING: "That balloon should have been blown sky high the minute that it crossed US airspace."

OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
2h
Due to the situation regarding the Chinese Spy Ballon, Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy has just requested a meeting of the “Gang of Eight” which is a council of 8 Congressional Leaders who are briefed by The White House on Classified Intelligence Matters.

SilverBullet432
02-02-23, 21:56
They must be fans of Yellowstone and are interested in taking over the Dutton ranch… :sarcastic:

signal4l
02-02-23, 22:06
It's difficult to understand why this hasn't been shot down.

glocktogo
02-02-23, 22:33
It's difficult to understand why this hasn't been shot down.

It’s not when you know who told Biden not to, Milley the Feckless.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/us-tracking-large-chinese-spy-221300297.html

I’m seriously beginning to question his loyalty to the United States. :mad:

arbninftry
02-02-23, 22:43
Looks like a great way to deliver an EMP or even a surprise kinetic type attack, maybe even a nuke. Milley is a horrible leader he is corrupt. Biden is weak and beholden to China. This should have been taken out while it was in a remote state like Alaska or western Canada or Montana. Why would this be allowed, the answer they are all Chinese pawns.

glocktogo
02-02-23, 22:53
Looks like a great way to deliver an EMP or even a surprise kinetic type attack, maybe even a nuke. Milley is a horrible leader he is corrupt. Biden is weak and beholden to China. This should have been taken out while it was in a remote state like Alaska or western Canada or Montana. Why would this be allowed, the answer they are all Chinese pawns.

Or any of the CBRN type payloads. When you know your target won’t act, it really opens up your strike options.

arbninftry
02-02-23, 23:02
@glocktogo 100% I agree

It has been a few years, but the Chinese published the Assymetric Warfare manual on how they would fight a major power, and they have pretty much followed that playbook for the last 20 years or so. It is just a matter of time, I just hope our leadership is stronger than what we have now. These assclowns are all out for themselves, to include McConnel, Pelosi, Biden, Schumer, Schiff, ....... keep naming them.

Coal Dragger
02-02-23, 23:44
Even more disgusting our neighbors to the north didn’t even detect the damn thing at all.

We should invade Canada, seize all their good lands, and enslave all of them.

Wake27
02-03-23, 03:27

What the ****?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

prepare
02-03-23, 03:56
Fear of getting in trouble mindset.

Sidneyious
02-03-23, 05:13

You are just now getting this?

Coal Dragger
02-03-23, 05:26
What the ****?

They’ve been hoarding their maple syrup for too long. I say we go up there and take it!

pag23
02-03-23, 05:43
They’ve been hoarding their maple syrup for too long. I say we go up there and take it!

You just want a private 1000 acre shooting range...

Wake27
02-03-23, 06:16

You’re right, I’m in.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-03-23, 06:28
Even more disgusting our neighbors to the north didn’t even detect the damn thing at all.

What the ****?

I’m with coal dragger. Canada reason for being expired a loooong time ago. Should have taken it in trade for WWII Lend-Lease with Britian.

It’s Freanch Maine, Upper-New York State, and North Wisconsin.

The rationale I heard was that it could hurt people on the ground or some thing? Isn’t it over Montana or Wyoming or something newsflash? There’s no people there.

He takes it seriously large balloon to carry any kind of weight. I think something like an EmP will be really hard to work into that kind of restriction. Biological work even the Japanese thought about trying to send rabies over that way.

I’m just thinking of the ordnance that the Russians put up Willy-Nelly to get shoot at U2s and SR71s……

utahjeepr
02-03-23, 07:17
Since China is demanding the US to "stay calm" and "exercise restraint"...

I say we drop it. I mean it's a balloon. No need for a volley of SAMs. Just poke a hole in it. Gotta be an easy button here.

mack7.62
02-03-23, 07:36
America is not a serious nation any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lysMTWllsA8

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-03-23, 08:12
So let's say this floats over a state with a GOP GOv with balls and they tell the State national Guard to shoot it down. Box that crap up and drop it on the Chinese consulate in SFO. That's in their powers, right? An F15 on a zoom climb should be able to get a pass at it. Heck, just a drone should be able to do it.

I think Elon should take it down..

Gabriel556
02-03-23, 08:34
So it is apparently high enough that it isn’t interfering with aircraft flights, which means it’s at 55-65k feet. Fighters would likely be ineffective unless a laser guided missile can operate that high, because fighters aren’t going there. We have the capabilities to take it down but we have gutless leaders. I will bet that if it gets over Delaware, they will do something. Not until then.

rushca01
02-03-23, 08:38
China, it’s a civilian air ship…..right.

Wake27
02-03-23, 08:41
I’m with coal dragger. Canada reason for being expired a loooong time ago. Should have taken it in trade for WWII Lend-Lease with Britian.

It’s Freanch Maine, Upper-New York State, and North Wisconsin.

The rationale I heard was that it could hurt people on the ground or some thing? Isn’t it over Montana or Wyoming or something newsflash? There’s no people there.

He takes it seriously large balloon to carry any kind of weight. I think something like an EmP will be really hard to work into that kind of restriction. Biological work even the Japanese thought about trying to send rabies over that way.

I’m just thinking of the ordnance that the Russians put up Willy-Nelly to get shoot at U2s and SR71s……

Strategically speaking, there’s a lot there. China wouldn’t gamble escalation and losing one of those for no reason.

pinzgauer
02-03-23, 08:46
So it is apparently high enough that it isn’t interfering with aircraft flights, which means it’s at 55-65k feet. Fighters would likely be ineffective unless a laser guided missile can operate that high, because fighters aren’t going there. We have the capabilities to take it down but we have gutless leaders. I will bet that if it gets over Delaware, they will do something. Not until then.Pretty sure the F-15E can get to 60 to 65,000 ft, and I recall them launching an anti-satellite missile from 70k.

If we had the balls to take it out they would find a way.

It's senile Joe and his milk toast appointees are just not willing to stand up to China.

1_click_off
02-03-23, 08:49
Biden thinks his birthday balloon slipped off his wrist and doesn’t want someone to pop it.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-03-23, 08:55
You sure as crap know that we probably would never had heard about it if Trump were president. It would have been toast as soon as it crossed our airspace.

Could a JAG officer take it upon themselves to investigate Miley Cyrus for treason and dereliction of duty? What would it take to open a case? I've heard the Colonels with 20+ years and no path to general are the most dangerous people in the military- nothing to lose, nothing to gain and enough authority to F people's day up. Talk about having a straight ride to a House seat in a conservative district if you to a wrecking ball to Miley.

Shoot it down and you then have to explain all the non scientific gear, or the anthrax capsules, or ECM gear.

Sounds like a time to send a battle group through the Straits, you know, due to tides and currents...

MegademiC
02-03-23, 09:41

Only just now? Lmao

eric0311
02-03-23, 10:14
So it is apparently high enough that it isn’t interfering with aircraft flights, which means it’s at 55-65k feet. Fighters would likely be ineffective unless a laser guided missile can operate that high, because fighters aren’t going there. We have the capabilities to take it down but we have gutless leaders. I will bet that if it gets over Delaware, they will do something. Not until then.

*F-15 Eagle has entered the chat… and he’s not pleased with your blasphrmy*

On September 13, 1985, Major Doug Pearson made history when he destroyed a satellite with a missile launched from his F-15. On September 13, 1985, at 12:42 p.m., Major Wilbert “Doug” Pearson pushed the “pickle button” in the cockpit of his F-15A, launching a missile high over the Pacific Ocean.

This shot would be the equivalent of Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant at the free throw line-easy for us…

signal4l
02-03-23, 10:39
https://i.postimg.cc/j55nt8bD/IMG-20230203-103817.jpg (https://postimg.cc/kV0gyvDC)chase bank atm locations near me (https://banks-nearme.com/chase-near-me)

glocktogo
02-03-23, 10:58
You can't tell me we don't have an airborne laser that could bring a spy balloon down in a semi-controlled manner. You also can't tell me NASA and NORAD have no computer systems that can accurately plot impact points on something as slow as a balloon the size of three busses.

As usual, the Biden Administration and the JCS are LYING about why they don't want to interfere with China's aggression towards the US. Feckless Bastards! :mad:

HKGuns
02-03-23, 11:26
XiDen has been compromised for a very long time.

How long do you think Trump would have let that balloon occupy our airspace unmolested?

Traitors are shot.

Gabriel556
02-03-23, 11:28

On September 13, 1985, Major Doug Pearson made history when he destroyed a satellite with a missile launched from his F-15. On September 13, 1985, at 12:42 p.m., Major Wilbert “Doug” Pearson pushed the “pickle button” in the cockpit of his F-15A, launching a missile high over the Pacific Ocean.

This shot would be the equivalent of Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant at the free throw line-easy for us…

Ok, you are right. It possibly could.

jsbhike
02-03-23, 11:29
Just keeping up appearances. They have to have judges in place to sign off on a search.

tn1911
02-03-23, 11:41
which means it’s at 55-65k feet. Fighters would likely be ineffective unless a laser guided missile can operate that high, because fighters aren’t going there.

:blink::blink::lol::lol:

mack7.62
02-03-23, 11:46
Published data, both the F-15 and the F-22 - Service ceiling: 65,000 ft (20,000 m), I am sure a good pilot could get a few more thousand but I doubt anyone ever fired the cannon that high. I like the idea of using a laser myself or poking a single hole in it and letting it come down slowly.

AKDoug
02-03-23, 11:55
I just wish an A-10 could go that high.. brrrrrrrrtttt...

mack7.62
02-03-23, 11:56
That f'n balloon went across Alaska, why did't we shoot it down there?

teufelhund1918
02-03-23, 13:08
Why do they have to blow the thing to smithereens? Just poke a little hole in it and let it come gliding down to Earth. Then we can see what they have copied from our technology.

camoman
02-03-23, 13:22
This right here, is just further evidence that points at not only the Administration…but also the higher ups in the Pentagon are compromised.
Balloons are the favored delivery system for an EMP attack.

WillieThom
02-03-23, 13:44
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff U.S. Army Gen. Mark Milley and Air Force Gen. Glen VanHerck, head of U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM) and the U.S.-Canadian North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), were among those who advised against a "kinetic response" due to safety concerns, including the potential impacts of debris falling in around the Billings area. The decision was ultimately made not to "take the shot" due to the potential risks involved.

The senior U.S. defense official noted that not shooting down the balloon is also offering an opportunity for "tracking what abilities it could have." Though they did not elaborate, it's also worth noting that surveilling the craft and its payload both visually and electronically at close proximity would be critical to assessing its capabilities. If shot down prior to this, that intelligence could be degraded or lost.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/chinas-spy-balloon-over-montana-is-part-of-a-larger-more-troubling-pattern

ETA:

Sending F-22s, in general, makes sense in this case given that they can operate and maneuver at higher altitudes than any other U.S. fighter. The balloon is likely soaring at well above 50,000 feet given the Pentagon's assurance that it is high enough to not pose any hazard to commercial air traffic. This would have put it beyond the reach of F-15C/D Eagles or F-16C/D Vipers that might have been based closer by.

At the press conference this evening, the senior defense official described the movement of the F-22s and other aircraft as a "mobilization of a number of assets" in order to "put some things on station in the event that the decision was made to bring it [the balloon] down while it was over on Montana." This made it unclear whether or not an actual intercept of the balloon was conducted, but the video seen in the Tweet below shows that this was the case.

Gabriel556
02-03-23, 13:53

You’re right….. I was thinking civilian aircraft and I eat crow. I was wrong.

StainlessSteelRat
02-03-23, 14:13
A quick search shows the F 16 ceiling "above 50k" and the F 15 at 65k, and you can bet the actual numbers are greater. I didn't check the F 22 but its no doubt at least 65k. No excuses there.

pinzgauer
02-03-23, 14:36

This shot would be the equivalent of Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant at the free throw line-easy for us…Yep, same event I mentioned in post 22 above.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=3088188

This was written up pretty well in aviation week.

pinzgauer
02-03-23, 14:40
By the way Gulf stream corporate Jets have a service ceiling of 51,000 ft. I've been in one over 55,000 ft for testing.

And that was an older one. Those with the service ceiling of 51,000 ft probably tested over 60,000 ft for certification.

Service ceiling is largely set by power and aerodynamics. You have to be able to fly fast enough to keep generating lift in the reduced density air.

Since f-15s are capable of going ballistic and climb without the benefit of lift their max altitude is probably higher in based on pressurization limits of the suits and such.

If we wanted that balloon down it would be down already.

Harpoon
02-03-23, 15:09
Yes in 1985 an F-15 shot down a satellite with the ASM-135 ASAT missile.
Then in 1988 that program was canceled.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-03-23, 15:27
Here is hoping that at least that thing is almost on fire from the electronic and hyperspectral frying it is getting.

High speed pass by Aurora to dump the balloon..

sgtrock82
02-03-23, 15:42
So our shit bag uncle Joe can threaten the US citizenry with F-15s, but not Chinese balloons? Good to know.

Assess it's capabilities? That's a cuckster play if I ever heard one. It's not here for our benefit, china isn't trying to suprise uncle Joe with a framed photo of Montana.

I'm willing to bet there is no planned recovery for this thing so it's transmitting whatever it's after. We need to figure a way to block or scramble it's signal. It also doesn't need to be brought down in flames, just have it's lift reduced till it descends. We put men in the moon, I'm pretty sure we can figure a way to bring a balloon down from 60k feet. It's over the midwest not southern California.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

glocktogo
02-03-23, 15:48
So our shit bag uncle Joe can threaten the US citizenry with F-15s, but not Chinese balloons? Good to know.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

He knows who is actual political foes are, and it ain’t the CCP! :mad:

chuckman
02-03-23, 16:03
That ****ing balloon It's supposed to come over North Carolina this weekend. Time to move the still out of photo range.

flenna
02-03-23, 17:21
The Big Guy is just waiting on the money to hit his bank account which is the signal from his ChiCom handlers that they are done and he can then shoot down the balloon.

hotbiggun42
02-03-23, 18:00
Open borders

mack7.62
02-03-23, 18:55
They were tracking before it got to Alaska.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene����
@RepMTG
·
4m
But the military started tracking the balloon over the Aleutian Islands DAYS AGO, where it could have easily been shot down safely over water.

The balloon should have never been allowed to enter US airspace.

vicious_cb
02-03-23, 18:58
Shoulda just called Batman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNpu8TJSnxM

tn1911
02-03-23, 19:14
'Explosion in the sky' seen above Billings Montana where Chinese balloon was spotted in U.S. airspace - resident witnesses jet zoom by after officials said they wouldn't shoot down balloon because it was over a 'number of sensitive sites'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11712125/Explosion-sky-Billings-Montana-Chinese-balloon-spotted-U-S-airspace.html

jsbhike
02-03-23, 19:15
Or any of the CBRN type payloads. When you know your target won’t act, it really opens up your strike options.

Was the US overcast a lot in late 2019 thru 2020?

Lacos
02-03-23, 19:25
Second balloon over Latin America

pinzgauer
02-03-23, 19:51
Yes in 1985 an F-15 shot down a satellite with the ASM-135 ASAT missile.
Then in 1988 that program was canceled.My recollection was that it was a satellite in geosynchronous orbit. Much higher than the f-15 flew, 24.5 miles I think? The f-15 was just the launch vehicle up where the air was thinner.

I stand by my original comment, if we wanted it down we have means to do so. It's a balloon... Moving slowly. A relatively huge target.

ABNAK
02-03-23, 19:59
Can someone tell me how they know it is Chinese? Like a couple days ago, before the ChiComs said it was an "off-course weather balloon".

I wager they have been tracking this thing for quite a while.

The [fraudulently "elected"] Biden administration is fvcking worthless. They epitomize the cowardly Democrat persona. Fat-ass Milley no doubt was one of those recommending not to shoot it down.

If cheating can be overcome (and I have my doubts), the next Republican administration to occupy the White House should make a clean sweep of those in unelected positions: DoJ, FBI, CIA, NSA, DoD, etc. Fire every last fvcking one of them. Time for a purity test.

jsbhike
02-03-23, 20:00
So did it get shot down over Montana, is it over Missouri, or just multiples?

https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/tracking-the-possible-chinese-balloon-over-missouri/

REDinFL
02-03-23, 20:06
BTW did the Chinese call Milley?

glocktogo
02-03-23, 21:25
BTW did the Chinese call Milley?

Something tells me those comms are essentially one way. :rolleyes:

SteyrAUG
02-03-23, 21:46
Am I the only one who remembers Russia toasting a Korean air liner because it crossed a border?

How in the Blue F do we allow a spy balloon to travel coast to coast before we drop it? Does anyone really think the Chinese don't understand cloud technology? This thing should be in the pacific, two miles out.

ABNAK
02-03-23, 22:43
Am I the only one who remembers Russia toasting a Korean air liner because it crossed a border?

How in the Blue F do we allow a spy balloon to travel coast to coast before we drop it? Does anyone really think the Chinese don't understand cloud technology? This thing should be in the pacific, two miles out.

Nah, I'm old like you and recall that. :D

That happened two weeks before I left for the Army.

glocktogo
02-03-23, 22:46

Remember when China rammed a US Navy aircraft with one of their fighter jets in INTERNATIONAL airspace, forced it to land in China, held the crew hostage for 11 days and never returned the aircraft?

Pepperidge Farm Remembers :rolleyes:

https://dailycaller.com/2023/02/03/chinese-intercepted-us-spy-plane-2001-hainan-island-incident/

SteyrAUG
02-04-23, 01:41
Remember when China rammed a US Navy aircraft with one of their fighter jets in INTERNATIONAL airspace, forced it to land in China, held the crew hostage for 11 days and never returned the aircraft?

Pepperidge Farm Remembers :rolleyes:

https://dailycaller.com/2023/02/03/chinese-intercepted-us-spy-plane-2001-hainan-island-incident/

And we can't drop a balloon. Pathetic. That's why the balloon is here in the first place.

flenna
02-04-23, 06:13
And we can't drop a balloon. Pathetic. That's why the balloon is here in the first place.

Oh, we can drop it. We just won’t. Our politicians (general staff included) are bought and paid for by the ChiComs. Debate is going on in another thread about why the US cannot be invaded. Why invade us when they can own us?

Wake27
02-04-23, 06:26
I’m surprised there hasn’t been more about the reported explosion over Billings yesterday…

Harpoon
02-04-23, 06:48
Well now. North Korea has nukes but can not reach the US with their missiles. I'm sure they have already asked China to buy some of their balloons.

jsbhike
02-04-23, 07:06

Heard about it, but was young enough to get it merged in my mind(for years) with the crash that killed Curtis Mathes, Jr..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_McDonald

ABNAK
02-04-23, 08:40
Well now. North Korea has nukes but can not reach the US with their missiles. I'm sure they have already asked China to buy some of their balloons.

I believe now they can, but not all the way across CONUS.

Harpoon
02-04-23, 08:51
We already heard the official excuse why we didn't shoot it down, might land on a house or whatever. It will be out over the Atlantic this afternoon.
What's going to be the new excuse for not splashing it?

Averageman
02-04-23, 09:09
Nah, I'm old like you and recall that. :D

That happened two weeks before I left for the Army.

Oh my god do I feel old now.

flenna
02-04-23, 09:16
I believe now they can, but not all the way across CONUS.

Surely NK won’t nuke their comrades on our Left coast.

jsbhike
02-04-23, 09:20
We already heard the official excuse why we didn't shoot it down, might land on a house or whatever. It will be out over the Atlantic this afternoon.
What's going to be the new excuse for not splashing it?

Search images using the query "its a big club and you ain't in it meme"

SomeOtherGuy
02-04-23, 10:00
I’m surprised there hasn’t been more about the reported explosion over Billings yesterday…

There's video at this link:

https://notthebee.com/article/there-was-just-a-huge-explosion-in-the-skies-above-montana

Two extremely bright flashes in the sky, apparently above the clouds. WTF? There also seems to be a noise right when the first flash appears - obviously that can't be the sound of whatever flashed / exploded (speed of sound, miles away, etc.) but makes me wonder if the flashes were some kind of EMP and the sound is local electronics being affected by the EMP.

jsbhike
02-04-23, 10:04
There's video at this link:

https://notthebee.com/article/there-was-just-a-huge-explosion-in-the-skies-above-montana

Two extremely bright flashes in the sky, apparently above the clouds. WTF? There also seems to be a noise right when the first flash appears - obviously that can't be the sound of whatever flashed / exploded (speed of sound, miles away, etc.) but makes me wonder if the flashes were some kind of EMP and the sound is local electronics being affected by the EMP.

The reports I have read claimed jets flew over head prior to the explosion so maybe some US resident managed to build a copy that was viewed as a threat to security.

Renegade
02-04-23, 11:05

Because there werent any?

That whole thing was fake.

Th balloon is being tracked in real time by ground observers and was 1200 miles away from Billings when that was reported. Passing Charlotte, NC now, you can see it in R/T on FoxNews.

Renegade
02-04-23, 11:06
IMO, this is probably a weather balloon. Only thing it has been doing is taking weather measurements, and sending them back to China. Shoot it down, and that is what we will find out, and look stupid in front of the world. Of course we could lie about it.

However, it was not off course. It was on course as its true mission though, was not weather collection but to test how we would react to an incursion of our air space and we failed miserably.

Wake27
02-04-23, 12:35
Because there werent any?

That whole thing was fake.

Th balloon is being tracked in real time by ground observers and was 1200 miles away from Billings when that was reported. Passing Charlotte, NC now, you can see it in R/T on FoxNews.

So the footage was faked?

Renegade
02-04-23, 12:40
So the footage was faked?

Faked or real from something else.

Balloon is almost to Atlantic Ocean, just south of Myrtle Beach.

flenna
02-04-23, 12:40
Milley and the Big Guy must have seen the money deposit in their account as they are going to “take care of it” now that it heading toward the Atlantic.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-weighing-decision-shoot-down-chinese-spy-balloon-atlantic-ocean-official-tells-fox-news

Lawnchair 04
02-04-23, 13:08
I can see it outside in South Carolina right now, being circled/followed by multiple jet aircraft.

tn1911
02-04-23, 13:27
Massive amount of airspace off east coast is currently closed. ABC News saying axUS Navy salvage ship is on route to the area.

They gonna take this thing down hopefully in a way we can recover it.

Sam
02-04-23, 13:33
So barroon 1 made it almost across the US into the Carolinas. The FAA ordered ground stop at three airports near the east coast. They're finally considering taking it down. If that's true, why the f... did they wait until it's almost out of US air space. If it was indeed a spy barroon, it's already got what it's after. That's like a burglar came in your house through the back door and about to leave through the front door, he's collected a whole bag full of your finest silvers, and you yell "wait I'm gonna shoot you when you're leaving so you won't leave a mess of blood trail on my carpet". Too late now brandon.

john armond
02-04-23, 13:33
Massive amount of airspace off east coast is currently closed. ABC News saying axUS Navy salvage ship is on route to the area.

They gonna take this thing down hopefully in a way we can recover it.

So they can return it?

Wouldn’t put anything past them.

tn1911
02-04-23, 13:42
They shot it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGJbxQniRJI

chuckman
02-04-23, 13:46
So barroon 1 made it almost across the US into the Carolinas. The FAA ordered ground stop at three airports near the east coast. They're finally considering taking it down. If that's true, why the f... did they wait until it's almost out of US air space. If it was indeed a spy barroon, it's already got what it's after. That's like a burglar came in your house through the back door and about to leave through the front door, he's collected a whole bag full of your finest silvers, and you yell "wait I'm gonna shoot you when you're leaving so you won't leave a mess of blood trail on my carpet". Too late now brandon.

For the same reason Cuba, the USSR, and Libya tried to shoot down U2s and SR-71s. For the technology.

Shot down off the coast of NC/SC near Myrtle Beach. I bet those pilots had a woody.

Ned Christiansen
02-04-23, 13:50
I wonder if the balloon was full of Covid 2.0?

Dang it's taking a long time to fall.

tn1911
02-04-23, 13:52
Video of a missile hit on this thing.

https://twitter.com/HeyItsMeSalty/status/1621956823447207937

jsbhike
02-04-23, 14:00

That burglar scenario kinda makes some sense.

Ned Christiansen
02-04-23, 14:03
Damned thing could have been sprinkling "whatever" the whole time. I'll be surprised if it didn't have a self-destruct in the event we didn't destroy it for them..... and glad it didn't have some kind of air-to-air defense.

Sam
02-04-23, 14:07
It was dropping MSG. Lol

Wake27
02-04-23, 14:09
I know everyone hates this administration and will believe anything other than them doing something logical, but there is the possibility that it was determined early on that no significant intel could be transmitted from it, so they let intentionally it run to collect whatever it can to then shoot it down and salvage that data. As in, we can literally see what the Chinese wanted to see, from their perspective.

pag23
02-04-23, 14:29
It was dropping MSG. Lol

I just want to see the fighter plane with the balloon kill mark painted on it.

.45fan
02-04-23, 14:40
.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230204/ad8f9bb3652951ffd01b14d206762040.jpg

SomeOtherGuy
02-04-23, 14:42
I know everyone hates this administration and will believe anything other than them doing something logical, but there is the possibility that it was determined early on that no significant intel could be transmitted from it, so they let intentionally it run to collect whatever it can to then shoot it down and salvage that data. As in, we can literally see what the Chinese wanted to see, from their perspective.

I agree. Seems likely that the US would have been jamming its communications as soon as it started heading towards any area deemed sensitive. I think it's reasonable to believe US jamming and ELINT capabilities are still ahead of China's, probably by a lot.

I also think this was entirely foreseeable by China, so I wouldn't assume the balloon's payload had their latest and best gear. I suspect the major goal was to test our political reaction and military defenses, with actual intelligence collection as a possible bonus rather than the primary goal.

Edit: other ideas for its purpose:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/chinese-spy-balloons-potential-purposes-high-altitude-invasion

Sam
02-04-23, 14:47
Hell, it could have been the AliExpress balloon carrying shipment like hair weaves, fake rolex watches. I guess my , $40 rolex is destroyed :(

tn1911
02-04-23, 15:20
Senior US military official says 1 air to air missile fired by F22 at 58,000 feet (an A9X missile) brought down China spy balloon. The balloon was at 60-65,000 feet when shot.

https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1621974513209561090%7Ctwgr%5Ec8b32e4714698090592871b2a57e9025b0a83cbe%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zerohedge.com%2Fgeopolitical%2Fsuspected-chinese-spy-balloon-spotted-over-north-carolina-us-might-shoot-it-down-over

Sam
02-04-23, 16:22
I don't know if it's been mentioned but my guess is that the missile didn't have any explosive warhead. Probably just a blank dud, hell all you need is to poke a hole in it, in this case two holes.

WillieThom
02-04-23, 16:53
I don't know if it's been mentioned but my guess is that the missile didn't have any explosive warhead. Probably just a blank dud, hell all you need is to poke a hole in it, in this case two holes.

Probably so… there didn’t seem to be any type of significant explosion when it hit.

3 AE
02-04-23, 17:41
.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230204/ad8f9bb3652951ffd01b14d206762040.jpg

That is friggin' hilarious! :lol: My guess is the balloon is exactly what the Chinese claim it to be. That it tracked across the US was a bonus to them. They've been laughing their ass off seeing our media and their talking heads going bat shit crazy over the "Spy Satellite" and our response or lack of. C'mon, don't you think the Chinese have military spy/weather satellites in space just like we do? Sheet, they're probably better than ours.

I wish the Secretary of Defense would have issued a directive to all military installations along the balloon's track that all military personnel were to go outside and drop "trow" and shoot a collective moon in the shape of a middle finger! I'm going back to my wine and have a good laugh myself! :shout:

Renegade
02-04-23, 18:49
I just want to see the fighter plane with the balloon kill mark painted on it.

Renegade
02-04-23, 18:52

HiRes images floating around show it did, but since balloon had no fuel there was no fireball. Just a lot of debris which also deflated the balloon.

SomeOtherGuy
02-04-23, 18:53
So is this the very first hostile air-to-air kill for an F-22?

Coal Dragger
02-04-23, 18:57
Probably.

They could have tried an F-35 but the aircraft would have probably malfunctioned or been unable to exceed 30,000ft because it’s a turd.

Renegade
02-04-23, 19:01
So is this the very first hostile air-to-air kill for an F-22?

Yup. $70B program, $250M plane (18 years since entered service), $500K missile, and it can kill an unmanned, unarmed, barely moving balloon. Pilot never would have lived it down if he missed.

Also most likely highest altitude engagement with AA missile. AIM-9X was also outside its envelope.

ABNAK
02-04-23, 19:21

Oh I'll guaran-damn-tee you there will be no info to find on it. I am confident the ChiComs had any info they gleaned bounced up to a satellite and then on to Beijing, i.e. the barroon was merely an object to gather and then immediately send data, not storing any of it. A "bounce" platform if you will.

ABNAK
02-04-23, 19:26

And deservedly so, don't you think?

jsbhike
02-04-23, 19:28
Redbull needs to keep a balloon and one of their stunt guys on standby to get above the next one and slice it on the way down.

wahoo95
02-04-23, 21:02
The tin foil hat of mine has me thinking this was a trial run for a future high altitude bio weapon delivery system. Let's face it, there was no new Intel to be had since they already know where all of our missiles and other important things are just like we know where theirs are. Now imagine being able to drop some type of bio weapon or virus from altitude to be dispersed over a large area.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-04-23, 23:20
The tin foil hat of mine has me thinking this was a trial run for a future high altitude bio weapon delivery system. Let's face it, there was no new Intel to be had since they already know where all of our missiles and other important things are just like we know where theirs are. Now imagine being able to drop some type of bio weapon or virus from altitude to be dispersed over a large area.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Actually buy the response to the Chinese have given about the idea of international norms and movement, I almost think that they’re going to try to use this as a reason for going after our ships and curtailing the right of free passage. Really just an outside chance, since they benefit more from the freedom of navigation, then probably anyone else. If we shut down the ceilings around Singapore, China would starve.

SteyrAUG
02-04-23, 23:31

Even the Chinese are sophisticated enough to remote burn a drive once all the data has been sent to cloud.

If that really was the plan of the administration, it was a f'ing retarded one.

There was one correct move, drop the damn thing in the pacific and confirm it was a data collection device.

Coal Dragger
02-05-23, 01:57
We probably ended up giving the ChiComs their most useful data getting a good read on F-22 Raptor active search radar signature and air to air missile performance envelope at that altitude.

camoman
02-05-23, 07:07
Are we seriously still on this “spy balloon” propaganda? As if China has no spy satellites, and balloons were the preferred spying method.
I’m gonna call bullshit right now!
What this actually was, was a very clear message, and dry run on China’s EMP delivery system.

Wake27
02-05-23, 07:19
Even the Chinese are sophisticated enough to remote burn a drive once all the data has been sent to cloud.

If that really was the plan of the administration, it was a f'ing retarded one.

There was one correct move, drop the damn thing in the pacific and confirm it was a data collection device.

The point being that everyone is so anti-Biden that all kinds of ridiculous shit is being thrown out here. No one has suggested that maybe he just couldn’t make a decision and it literally took the balloon traversing the entire country for him to finally pick an option.

jsbhike
02-05-23, 07:35
The point being that everyone is so anti-Biden that all kinds of ridiculous shit is being thrown out here. No one has suggested that maybe he just couldn’t make a decision and it literally took the balloon traversing the entire country for him to finally pick an option.

I think the point was waiting till it had done whatever it was doing before knocking it down.

mack7.62
02-05-23, 08:34
The balloon flew all the way across Alaska, that is where it should have been shot down not the East coast, likely it took that long to get Chinese permission to bring it down. The Bee nails it again.

U.S. Shoots Down Spy Balloon As It Was Getting Too Close To Ukraine

https://babylonbee.com/news/us-vows-to-shoot-down-chinese-spy-balloon-the-second-it-crosses-into-ukraine

U.S. — The Pentagon officially went ahead with their plan to shoot down the Chinese spy balloon as it was getting too close to Ukraine's borders, sources confirmed Saturday.

"We sent a strong message to China," said Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin. "So long as the spy balloon stayed over America, we had peace. But the moment that spy balloon got a little too close to Ukraine - boom! We had to take it out."

General Austin proudly reported that the most high-tech missile defense systems in the world had been waiting to blow up the balloon for days. "Trust me, the Chinese are going to regret floating that balloon within thousands of miles of the Ukraine border. They should have kept that balloon where it was safe, floating over the U.S. and spying on American citizens."

TMS951
02-05-23, 09:04
We probably ended up giving the ChiComs their most useful data getting a good read on F-22 Raptor active search radar signature and air to air missile performance envelope at that altitude.

Imagine if they just hung a broken satellite off a weather balloon and sent it, just to see what we’d do next.

And also a very effective means of a dry run for EMP delivery, and associated saber rattling.

Biggest message is things are getting spicy with China. I don’t think it’s something to be scoffed at and I don’t think it had anything to do with spying, satellites do that just fine.

02-05-23, 09:34

It would be very easy to determine if its transmitting or receiving, and block both. If it can’t transmit, then it had little intel value until recovered. If it was receiving, but jammed, then we would be collecting intel from those transmissions. Its likely that we knew exactly what was being sent and/or received and factored that into the calculus.

see above, no they’re not. Remote burn on a timer, perhaps. Upload to AWS? Nah.

Do the Chinese spy on us? Absolutely. A lot. With this contraption? Maybe, but not effectively, unless just to gauge our reaction.

WillBrink
02-05-23, 10:08
We don't know it it's a spy balloon (although it probably is...) and I wonder if it would have been a better idea to use low(er) tech to take it out as to not give the CCP any info as to capabilities of the best tech we have to send for a balloon.

Harpoon
02-05-23, 10:17
I wonder how many US aircraft were scrambled because of this one single balloon?

Slater
02-05-23, 10:17
https://i.imgur.com/qtLkMrp.jpg

02-05-23, 10:33
I wonder how many US aircraft were scrambled because of this one single balloon?

Scrambled? Or launched? The involved aircraft already fly routinely, including in the area it was shot down in.

Artos
02-05-23, 10:37
Retrieving the balloon...clown show.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/02/oh-good-grief-us-military-fears-china-may-reach-balloon-wreckage-can-get-proper-salvage-vessel-wont-days/

F22 & sidewinder

https://mobile.twitter.com/angrifrog/status/1622266297298952198

john armond
02-05-23, 10:55
And now all the claims that this happened multiple times under Trump so anyone complaining about Biden is just wrong.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/abc-host-pops-marco-rubio-s-balloon-rant-it-happened-three-times-under-trump/ar-AA1785Wo?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=7caab1c24f8540a882aa858a228061da

https://apnews.com/article/politics-united-states-government-antony-blinken-china-b1b03193b7abeb7bbeca169bbc7c2c53

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11714657/amp/Three-Chinese-spy-balloons-infiltrated-Trump-administration.html

Of course, no one remembers this happening. There are no pictures of it happening. And a complete lack of articles from trumps time in office that say it happened, only recent articles saying it did happen. Of course they use the term “briefly” without any quantifying timeframe or distance. And it comes from an unnamed source in the pentagon. And no one notified Trump or the SecDef???

I call BS. We truly are in 1984.

Wake27
02-05-23, 11:08
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/02/oh-good-grief-us-military-fears-china-may-reach-balloon-wreckage-can-get-proper-salvage-vessel-wont-days/

That junk “article” might as well have been a Facebook post.

hotbiggun42
02-05-23, 11:11
Probably a virus spreading device

Wake27
02-05-23, 11:29
Probably a virus spreading device

Really? Does that actually seem logical to you? COVID affected the entire world and China didn’t need to float anything into another country’s airspace. That would be such an obvious, undeniable act of war and would carry such risk when 2020 literally proved it could be way easier than that.

Stop drinking the dumb shit paranoid koolaid.

Artos
02-05-23, 11:33
This whole clown show admin could be written as satire on the Babylon Bee if we hadn't been watching it unfold before our eyes...I have no doubt chynah biden allowed them to complete their mission.

Afghanistan withdrawal 2.0 & it's impossible for some to believe the swamp wouldn't go so far as to hand it over / allow retrieval??

Every time I think think this clown world can't get more stupid, it does...we need reparations from every idiot biden voter.

flenna
02-05-23, 12:33
The balloon flew all the way across Alaska, that is where it should have been shot down not the East coast, likely it took that long to get Chinese permission to bring it down. The Bee nails it again.

U.S. Shoots Down Spy Balloon As It Was Getting Too Close To Ukraine

https://babylonbee.com/news/us-vows-to-shoot-down-chinese-spy-balloon-the-second-it-crosses-into-ukraine

U.S. — The Pentagon officially went ahead with their plan to shoot down the Chinese spy balloon as it was getting too close to Ukraine's borders, sources confirmed Saturday.

"We sent a strong message to China," said Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin. "So long as the spy balloon stayed over America, we had peace. But the moment that spy balloon got a little too close to Ukraine - boom! We had to take it out."

General Austin proudly reported that the most high-tech missile defense systems in the world had been waiting to blow up the balloon for days. "Trust me, the Chinese are going to regret floating that balloon within thousands of miles of the Ukraine border. They should have kept that balloon where it was safe, floating over the U.S. and spying on American citizens."

In today’s world this is totally believable. The talking heads and usual suspects would be touting what an awesome move it was while flying their yellow and blue flag emoji.

chuckman
02-05-23, 12:51
Scrambled? Or launched? The involved aircraft already fly routinely, including in the area it was shot down in.

Yep. Just a bit further east is an air corridor the Navy and AF use for dogfighting.

Slater
02-05-23, 13:08
Possibly the first combat kill for the AIM-9X? If you can call it that, I guess.

tn1911
02-05-23, 13:13
Possibly the first combat kill for the AIM-9X? If you can call it that, I guess.

A Super Hornet smoked a drone in Syria a few years back dunno what he used.

hotbiggun42
02-05-23, 13:26
Really? Does that actually seem logical to you? COVID affected the entire world and China didn’t need to float anything into another country’s airspace. That would be such an obvious, undeniable act of war and would carry such risk when 2020 literally proved it could be way easier than that.

Stop drinking the dumb shit paranoid koolaid.

No not really but nothing would suprise me anymore. Also havent they known about these ballons for several years? Also the folks in charge of our .gov think the way to combat global warming is to reduce the world population by 2/3rds. Also China dont give a shit about their citizens. But yeah makes sense our .gov would be tracking these ballons flying over the Pacific and decide to shoot it down over the Atlantic where it could never be retrieved. I belive what im told to believe. :cool:

Ill be like you and just drink the dumbshit koolaid and leave out the paranoia.

Ron3
02-05-23, 14:00
Balloon? What is this the 1940's?

The Chinese have top notch bioweapons, nuclear weapons, spy satellites to cover the world, and top quality internet warfare capabilities.

Why would they fly spy balloons?

Will any major media ask that question? Do a story with some subject experts? Maybe they are, I haven't been paying attention.

The Air Force the US had in the Cold War over 50 yrs ago would have detected & shot the balloon down over the Pacific. Would have made an F-104 pilot's day.

Am I safe thinking the "average" American believes this was the extent of Chinese ability to fly over the US and has no clue that Chinese ICBM's have been able to nuke us for decades?

This was a failure and another in a long, long, long line of embarrassments.

Averageman
02-05-23, 15:09
I'm trying to understand why we've got our borders being overun in the Southwest and now our air space being challanged Northwest to Southeast. Classified documents spread around here and there, withy little concern.
You know 9/11 was a reminder, or should have been to remain vigilant.
We're not being vigilant

tn1911
02-05-23, 15:13
Navy divers working to recover China spy balloon debris with Coast Guard, Navy ships on site

https://www.foxnews.com/us/navy-divers-working-recover-china-spy-balloon-debris-coast-guard-navy-ships-site

It’s in 47 feet of water so it’s going to be an easy grab for them

tn1911
02-05-23, 15:17
I'm trying to understand why we've got our borders being overun in the Southwest and now our air space being challanged Northwest to Southeast. Classified documents spread around here and there, withy little concern.
You know 9/11 was a reminder, or should have been to remain vigilant.
We're not being vigilant

Shocking I know but our government is pretty incompetent no matter which party is in charge. Institutional memory etc...

Think about it, this is the same government that couldn’t break into a hotel room and keep it quiet.

Slater
02-05-23, 15:23
A Super Hornet smoked a drone in Syria a few years back dunno what he used.

He fired an AIM-9X which missed so he fired an AIM-120 AMRAAM which didn't.

Slater
02-05-23, 15:23
https://i.imgur.com/kLPbWg5.jpg

Averageman
02-05-23, 16:08
Shocking I know but our government is pretty incompetent no matter which party is in charge. Institutional memory etc...

Think about it, this is the same government that couldn’t break into a hotel room and keep it quiet.

I would agree.
However, the folks in the wheelhouse at the moment are running up quite a record for total incompetance. I think we need to begin looking at removing the guy.

glocktogo
02-05-23, 17:47
And now all the claims that this happened multiple times under Trump so anyone complaining about Biden is just wrong.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/abc-host-pops-marco-rubio-s-balloon-rant-it-happened-three-times-under-trump/ar-AA1785Wo?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=7caab1c24f8540a882aa858a228061da

https://apnews.com/article/politics-united-states-government-antony-blinken-china-b1b03193b7abeb7bbeca169bbc7c2c53

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11714657/amp/Three-Chinese-spy-balloons-infiltrated-Trump-administration.html

Of course, no one remembers this happening. There are no pictures of it happening. And a complete lack of articles from trumps time in office that say it happened, only recent articles saying it did happen. Of course they use the term “briefly” without any quantifying timeframe or distance. And it comes from an unnamed source in the pentagon. And no one notified Trump or the SecDef???

I call BS. We truly are in 1984.

Exactly. Them saying it happened and no one providing any proof or evidence whatsoever, means it’s a lie. Gaslighters, the lot of them.

TMS951
02-05-23, 17:50
Navy divers working to recover China spy balloon debris with Coast Guard, Navy ships on site

https://www.foxnews.com/us/navy-divers-working-recover-china-spy-balloon-debris-coast-guard-navy-ships-site

It’s in 47 feet of water so it’s going to be an easy grab for them

I feel like being in 47 feet of water was intentional and quite a good calculation and timing of the shot.

Maybe we did shoot it down at the best time? Diving for it in Alaska would not have been a good time. Of the coast of the Carolina’s or what ever in 45 feet of water sounds like a nice little dive. I’m actually kind of envious of the salvage crew.

glocktogo
02-05-23, 17:53
I feel like being in 47 feet of water was intentional and quite a good calculation and timing of the shot.

Maybe we did shoot it down at the best time? Diving for it in Alaska would not have been a good time. Of the coast of the Carolina’s or what ever in 45 feet of water sounds like a nice little dive. I’m actually kind of envious of the salvage crew.

Which means they could’ve done the exact same thing over Alaska, or Montana and put it where they wanted it. Their excuse was complete BS.

john armond
02-05-23, 19:32
Exactly. Them saying it happened and no one providing any proof or evidence whatsoever, means it’s a lie. Gaslighters, the lot of them.

And the story is evolving already:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chinese-spy-balloons-over-us-during-trump-admin-discovered-after-he-left-office-senior-biden-official

Now the information is coming from “US Intelligence” but was originally a “defense official” and it’s no longer three balloons (as stated in the beginning of the article) but “at least one” by the end of the article that was never discovered until after Trump left office. I guess all the information about these prior events were stored next to the corvette. It also states that this was the second balloon during this admin. The first one crashed near Hawaii.

Of course all of his info is being relayed to through this administration.

glocktogo
02-05-23, 20:06
And the story is evolving already:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chinese-spy-balloons-over-us-during-trump-admin-discovered-after-he-left-office-senior-biden-official

Now the information is coming from “US Intelligence” but was originally a “defense official” and it’s no longer three balloons (as stated in the beginning of the article) but “at least one” by the end of the article that was never discovered until after Trump left office. I guess all the information about these prior events were stored next to the corvette. It also states that this was the second balloon during this admin. The first one crashed near Hawaii.

Of course all of his info is being relayed to through this administration.

This administration is lying, and all of it’s mouthpieces are liars. And yes, I’m counting the generals and admirals as liars too.

China didn’t do this during the Trump administration. It’s a complete fabrication and they can’t prove it isn’t. I say this because if it had happened, and it was classified, they just violated their classification agreements by revealing original intelligence without declassification. Had they declassified it, they’d be able to show evidence of the claim.

They’re not even smart enough to recognize the trap they created and caught themselves in. So no, they’re not smart enough to have handled this situation properly. They didn’t prevent China from making an international mockery of the US, so they didn’t prevent China from collecting any intelligence of value against the US either. After all, they have no credibility left to trade on and they can’t prove anything at all.

HKGuns
02-05-23, 21:25
I don’t know why anyone continues to believe anything we are told from anyone in Government, or their corrupt corporate and Legacy media partners in the suppression of truth.

This illegal and compromised usurper administration especially.

They think we are all stupid rubes who will swallow any horseshit they shovel.

In far too many instances, they are correct.

camoman
02-06-23, 08:27
Balloon? What is this the 1940's?

The Chinese have top notch bioweapons, nuclear weapons, spy satellites to cover the world, and top quality internet warfare capabilities.

Why would they fly spy balloons?

Will any major media ask that question? Do a story with some subject experts? Maybe they are, I haven't been paying attention.

The Air Force the US had in the Cold War over 50 yrs ago would have detected & shot the balloon down over the Pacific. Would have made an F-104 pilot's day.

Am I safe thinking the "average" American believes this was the extent of Chinese ability to fly over the US and has no clue that Chinese ICBM's have been able to nuke us for decades?

This was a failure and another in a long, long, long line of embarrassments.

Why? Because balloons can fly up to 400k feet. That’s why.

chuckman
02-06-23, 08:39
Why? Because balloons can fly up to 400k feet. That’s why.

Source?

Everything I can find shows hydrogen balloons can get up to "around" 121,000 feet, and they go higher than helium balloons. Highest altitude recorded by NASA is 160,000 feet.

Sam
02-06-23, 09:06
That barroon that got shot down was nowhere near that altitude, it was more like 60,000 ft.

P2Vaircrewman
02-06-23, 09:42
He fired an AIM-9X which missed so he fired an AIM-120 AMRAAM which didn't.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the Aim 9 is a heat seeker, what would the heat source on the balloon be. AIM 120 is radar guided.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-06-23, 09:44
I’ll remain skeptical until 50 intelligence officials sign a letter setting the record straight on this balloon issue.

tn1911
02-06-23, 10:07
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the Aim 9 is a heat seeker, what would the heat source on the balloon be. AIM 120 is radar guided.

Actually at that altitude a big white balloon would be the hottest thing in the sky reflecting sunlight and heat. The atmosphere at 60,000 feet is around -70 Fahrenheit

StainlessSteelRat
02-06-23, 10:15
I have it on good authority it was an Uber Eats balloon, laden with a 200lb warhead of fried rice and chow mein.

Averageman
02-06-23, 10:36
The Media is controlled against us.
The Agencies within our Federal Government are controlled against us.
Our President refuses to control our Borders or our Airspace.
It would appear that the upper levels of our Military are either totally incompetant or in on the deal with all of the above.

Just an observation from the middle of Texas.

Watch this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBIr9txufY

gaijin
02-06-23, 10:44
^^ A shared view.

Averageman
02-06-23, 10:54
^^ A shared view.

The only thing I can think to do is keep my head down until better days come.

02-06-23, 11:00
Yep. Just a bit further east is an air corridor the Navy and AF use for dogfighting.
Yeah, they put on a decent show like a month ago.

Renegade
02-06-23, 16:50

9x has an imaging seeker also. This what it can see:

Renegade
02-06-23, 16:54
F22 & sidewinder

https://mobile.twitter.com/angrifrog/status/1622266297298952198

100% Plagiarized from Ward Carroll.

Edited out all credits.

P2Vaircrewman
02-06-23, 20:32
Actually at that altitude a big white balloon would be the hottest thing in the sky reflecting sunlight and heat. The atmosphere at 60,000 feet is around -70 Fahrenheit

But it missed.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-06-23, 22:43
What are the flight dynamics of a ballon like that? Does it go higher or lower in the day vs the night? It was pretty low in the range of altitudes cited, so is that the normal cycle, or were the ChiComs lowering it since it was done? Or had the envelope lost some helium umph and was not capable of higher flight?

AndyLate
02-07-23, 06:36
What are the flight dynamics of a ballon like that? Does it go higher or lower in the day vs the night? It was pretty low in the range of altitudes cited, so is that the normal cycle, or were the ChiComs lowering it since it was done? Or had the envelope lost some helium umph and was not capable of higher flight?

Pretty sure they were adjusting the altitude to catch airsteams. Thats basically the only way to manuver a balloon.

I am surprised how many people (not FMCDH) are downplaying this. Multiple news sources claimed the payload was equal to two to three schoolbuses. That is a huge amount of payload in a transport mechanism that flew across our very large country with zero interference.

Andy

3 AE
02-07-23, 06:38

That is too damn funny!

hotbiggun42
02-07-23, 08:40
The camera was as big as a car. Sure

Averageman
02-07-23, 10:50
And the Biden document scandle suddenly disappeared right before the State of the Union.

jsbhike
02-07-23, 11:56

Needs to be Winnie the Pooh.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-china-blog-40627855

chuckman
02-07-23, 14:31
China wants their shit back:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-wants-downed-spy-aircraft-back-does-not-belong-to-us

As I recall when they played stupid games with one of our P3s in 2001, they were less than helpful. They can pound sand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan_Island_incident

hotbiggun42
02-07-23, 15:33

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-wants-downed-spy-aircraft-back-does-not-belong-to-us

As I recall when they played stupid games with one of our P3s in 2001, they were less than helpful. They can pound sand.

They shot it down with a sidewinder. I doubt there is anything left, as planned.

02-07-23, 15:46
They shot it down with a sidewinder. I doubt there is anything left, as planned.

On what do you base that supposition?

john armond
02-07-23, 15:52

Post #83

QUOTE=tn1911;3088475]Massive amount of airspace off east coast is currently closed. ABC News saying axUS Navy salvage ship is on route to the area.

They gonna take this thing down hopefully in a way we can recover it.[/QUOTE]

So they can return it?

Wouldn’t put anything past them.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-07-23, 16:59

Not sure there was an active airhead on that thing. The “Poof’ maybe more the helium envelope pooping than an explosion?

Seems like slowing down the Vulcan or changing the ratio of live to ‘blank’ rounds and using some slugs would have been a better way to do it. Poke smaller holes and bring it down more slowly- but I would think that the thing is rigged to ‘come apart’ when it senses it will come down.

Hell, they had enough time for DARPA to come up with something cool.

Actually what you need is a reverse Azorian where you have a capture net and parachutes or even your own balloon!!!!

jsbhike
02-07-23, 18:30
To put things in perspective, a discussion on one of the (portrayed as) greatest threats of the day.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?230457-ATF-has-posted-their-proposed-brace-rules/page31

Wake27
02-07-23, 19:58
Not sure there was an active airhead on that thing. The “Poof’ maybe more the helium envelope pooping than an explosion?

Seems like slowing down the Vulcan or changing the ratio of live to ‘blank’ rounds and using some slugs would have been a better way to do it. Poke smaller holes and bring it down more slowly- but I would think that the thing is rigged to ‘come apart’ when it senses it will come down.

Hell, they had enough time for DARPA to come up with something cool.

Actually what you need is a reverse Azorian where you have a capture net and parachutes or even your own balloon!!!!

Range on the gun would've been significantly reduced... I also can't imagine it'd be easy to hit something moving so slow while you're moving so fast.

545Warman
02-08-23, 00:33
Not to be outdone this drifted across the southern border with the strong southern winds.
The government feels it's ether full of illegals or Fentanyl neither of which we need on US streets so they are going to let it float over the US to Canada if need be. LOL

https://i.postimg.cc/bYDXWr91/Mexican-Balloon.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Co-gnARR
02-08-23, 12:02
Deleted.

P2Vaircrewman
02-08-23, 14:46
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-shooting-down-of-china-s-spy-balloon-in-moment-by-moment-audio/ar-AA17bdfw?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=40e9a45d17674508ac24ef3f926ce2ba

Recorded audio of the shootdown.

WillBrink
02-10-23, 09:50
Media doing what they do, when in doubt blame the orange guy and boldface lie about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSwV7li-duQ

kerplode
02-10-23, 11:04
Eh...The Chinese collect more comms intel in the US in 2 seconds using TikTok than this stupid balloon did during the course of its entire flight.

Renegade
02-10-23, 14:04
Shot down another object over Alaska today

chuckman
02-10-23, 14:08
Shot down another object over Alaska today

Conversation in the Situation Room:

"Do we shoot it down, or just monitor it?"

"**** that, you saw what happened to us last week."

"Yeahhh.... (turns to general) ... shoot it down."

Renegade
02-10-23, 14:13
“It’s dead, whatever it was”

WillieThom
02-10-23, 16:37
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?239632-U-S-shoots-down-high-altitude-object-over-Alaskan-airspace-White-House-says

WillieThom
02-10-23, 16:38

"Do we shoot it down, or just monitor it?"

"**** that, you saw what happened to us last week."

"Yeahhh.... (turns to general) ... shoot it down."

This. This right’cheer.

Artos
02-10-23, 23:30

or...let's SAY we downed one where no cameras will/can film it & we are on top of it all & control the narrative. I don't trust anything this admin says or does. fjb

AndyLate
02-11-23, 06:39
The House "unanimously passed a resolution condemning Beijing's statements about a surveillance spy balloon hovering across North America."

100% of the House voting for anything is amazing.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-accuses-us-lying-world-about-spy-surveillance-aircraft