PDA

View Full Version : How does blocking work..

Straight Shooter
02-06-23, 08:46
If I create a thread, and Ive blocked someone in the past, can that blocked person still post in my thread? Or will they not be able to post, or will they be able to and I just wont see it?
Whats the correct answer here, thanks.

markm
02-06-23, 08:56
I remember on Arfcom there was this POS who ignored/blocked members... some white trash idiot who is probably in prison now. Anyway, I remember him saying someone would quote a person he blocked, then he could see there was an unviewable post quoted. He'd have to go unblock to read it.

Not sure how it works here. I've never had to "ignore" anyone here. Even the most annoying guys here eventually go away on their own.

ryr8828
02-06-23, 09:37
If you put someone on your ignore list on vbulletin you won't see their posts. That's all it is. Nothing else changes.

02-06-23, 09:52
If you put someone on your ignore list on vbulletin you won't see their posts. That's all it is. Nothing else changes.
Yes. Although, you can see their posts if quoted by someone, assuming that person hasn’t altered it.

I try not to ignore too many people, and when I do, I take them back off the ignore list in like a month. Surrounding oneself with only agreement is hazardous.

ST911
02-06-23, 10:17
I'd love to see a user-level option to block/ignore content by keyword. Things like marijuana, abortion, election, religion, covid, and a few others. ;)

markm
02-06-23, 10:39
I try not to ignore too many people, and when I do, I take them back off the ignore list in like a month. Surrounding oneself with only agreement is hazardous.

True. There's nobody here THAT bad that I've ever ignored a member. They're usually so annoying that they weed themselves out.

Inkslinger
02-06-23, 10:50
Well, considering SS messaged me telling me not to respond to any of his threads or comments, this isn’t about an annoying member. It’s about someone so sensitive that they blow a gasket if someone counters his comments or says anything that bruises his ego.

markm
02-06-23, 11:07
Well, considering SS messaged me telling me not to respond to any of his threads or comments, this isn’t about an annoying member. It’s about someone so sensitive that they blow a gasket if someone counters his comments or says anything that bruises his ego.

I would just carpet bomb his posts and threads.

ST911
02-06-23, 13:50
We can discuss the topic of block/ignoring and it's effects. We needn't discuss specific people. Thanks.