PDA

View Full Version : Eagle, active shooters bag

Chris Poston
11-21-06, 08:40
Anyone here use one of these that would share their impressions?

I am looking for a inexpensive way for uniformed patrol officers to keep a few extra mags handy that is not a chest rig or tac vest.

Snake RAH
11-21-06, 11:17
Anyone here use one of these that would share their impressions?

I am looking for a inexpensive way for uniformed patrol officers to keep a few extra mags handy that is not a chest rig or tac vest.

I'm not LE (so you can take my opinion for what it's worth).

I picked up two (when they were still made by Killer Gear) prior to a Paul Howe class, and find them very useful, as a grab and go rig. I keep 5 28round magazines on one side, two Glock mags, a Surefire G2, blow out kit and shears in the other.

I do think, though, that if you have room on your belt (yeah, right), get one of Eagle's FB pouches for a single AR15/M16 magazine. Getting that first mag out of the bag in a hurry can be a little challenging, so you should think about having a "oh, crap, I gotta load NOW" pouch.

Chris Poston
11-21-06, 12:41
Point well taken. Finding the duty belt room is the key :rolleyes:

Funny how we can carry an AR but the sight of a chest rig or tac vest gives the admin. the shakes :confused:

mike240
11-21-06, 14:37
My outfit requires the carrying of the X26 Taser by all uniformed personel. Though they come issued with a choice of the SpecOps thigh rig I carry mine in a Blackhawk 30 rd AR mag pouch on the belt. The quick detach buckle/loop that comes with the thigh rig (like many other makers use) is on the belt too. When something happens and I need the rifle I snap on a Molle leg shingle with 2 more rifle mags, 2 Glock mags, and larger knife. The Molle shingle opens up to a large pocket on top that has other things like flex cuffs, batteries etc. Kind of quick deployment go kit for patrol.