PDA

View Full Version : Tulsi Gabbard Took the red pill

Pages : [1] 2

WillBrink
02-10-23, 10:14
Been interesting to watch her take the red pill and wake up over the last few years. She's sounding even more like a Libertarian each day. Perfect no, but no one is and what's obvious is, she's able to learn and adjust views and positions if convinced to do so. I tend to think she'd realize her 2A positions are lacking, but she has been consistent that her focus is support for the Const. which will not jibe with her 2A positions which apparantly have changed. See below. I think she should run as VP with Desantis and would pull a lot of votes there, and would not be a worthless VP. Personally, I think Desantis/Paul is the best ticket I can think of, but not sure Paul would draw additional votes from other demographics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV69ac_AZww

WillBrink
02-10-23, 10:19
Her 2A position after red pill:

"As we see Democratic leaders in Washington continue to push more authoritarian-like policies, who are using law enforcement agencies, weaponizing them to go after political opponents, targeting law-abiding Americans as extremists and domestic terrorists for committing the offense of opposing the agenda of those in power, we realize that our right to bear arms is the deterrent that our Founders intended to push back against this threat of government tyranny. This abuse of power. …

President Biden likes to say that our Second Amendment is not absolute, pretending as though we don’t currently have tens of thousands of laws already on the books. In fact, there are more laws regulating this individual right than any other mentioned in the Constitution. But those laws, those existing laws on the books, frankly are not even being enforced and yet they want to place even more restrictions on us."

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/tulsi-gabbard-wants-you-to-know-her-views-of-the-second-amendment-have-changed/

Hank6046
02-10-23, 10:29
I like that Tulsi clearly pointed out the BS of Kamala and of Ole Joe, her pissing Hilary off and then calling her out for all the shit talking behind her back is great, but she's not quite the politician I want her to be, and don't quite trust her with totally upholding our constitution as much as Paul. I agree that she'll go far with Desantis, but she's still far from perfect which is the issue we have with those coming into office in the last 20+ years

WillBrink
02-10-23, 11:32
I like that Tulsi clearly pointed out the BS of Kamala and of Ole Joe, her pissing Hilary off and then calling her out for all the shit talking behind her back is great, but she's not quite the politician I want her to be, and don't quite trust her with totally upholding our constitution as much as Paul. I agree that she'll go far with Desantis, but she's still far from perfect which is the issue we have with those coming into office in the last 20+ years

I can't name anyone who I'd consider perfect, but what's most important about her in particular, is she's capable of learning, and altering her positions without it seeming she will just say what ever she thinks people want to hear, which is 99% of politicians. I believe she was the only Dem who would not support HC and that put her on the black list from then on. She was the only Dem I'd have considered voting for, and no surprise she left that party.

Hank6046
02-10-23, 12:00
I can't name anyone who I'd consider perfect.

True. I think we need to start looking at our Politicians a little differently. One issue I have with American Politics is that we look to the top, and don't concentrate on the base, where although a slower process, we can effect real change. For the first time, in a longtime, my county now has a Sheriff that is Pro-2A, and that is a good start considering everything going on nowadays. I look at Illinois AWB as both a cautionary tail and a look at how much push back they got from the counties as a victory.

titsonritz
02-10-23, 12:06
I've always thought Tulsi to one of the least insane of the dems, that is not a ringing endorsement in my book. She talks a good talk, but the only way to predict behavior is to look at past behavior and there I am not impressed.

WillBrink
02-10-23, 12:23
I've always thought Tulsi to one of the least insane of the dems, that is not a ringing endorsement in my book. She talks a good talk, but the only way to predict behavior is to look at past behavior and there I am not impressed.

I can't really disagree with that, interested to see where she goes now that she's left the loon party.

Averageman
02-10-23, 12:35
I can't really disagree with that, interested to see where she goes now that she's left the loon party.

I would like her to explain exactly what was the moment the "Light Bulb" came on for her?
The reason I ask is most of this was almost inborn in my life, a reverence for the Constitution and my obediance to Law. I grew up with this Love of Country.
When and why did she have this sudden revelation? How did it happen? Most of all, What makes her think that if she came to this recognition this late in life, after so much public disservice, that I can trust her now?

I was just watching a story on the News about a Mother in California. Her Daughters school was transitioning her to Male and without Mom knowledge or consent. That's how evil some of these people truly are.
Anyone with any assosiation with such an organization cannot be trusted. That's the Democrat Party.

Det-Sog
02-10-23, 12:52
She supports HANDGUN OWNERSHIP. Past history is a great predictor of future behavior.

All you guys believing her have swallowed the B.S. pill. Might as well "sell-back" your stuff NOW. Just get ahead of it. How soon we forget. We're doomed.

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Tulsi_Gabbard_Gun_Control.htm

I support our Second Amendment rights
Democrats have largely converged on a moderate, consensus view of gun control; we wanted to get at a deeper question of values--so we asked "In an ideal world, would anyone own handguns?" Some answers:

Pete Buttigieg, Mayor of South Bend IN.: "I respect the desire of people to have a means of self-defense."
Andrew Yang, Former tech executive: "Talking about a future where no one owns a handgun is, frankly, not going to match up with reality."
Marianne Williamson, Self-help author: "I am not for messing with the Bill of Rights."
Eric Swalwell, Congressman from CA: "I have no problem with people owning handguns."
John Delaney, Former congressman from MD: "We don't live in an ideal world. We live in a country where we have the Second Amendment, which I support."
Tim Ryan, Congressman from OH: "I believe that law-abiding citizens do have the right to protect themselves."
Tulsi Gabbard, Congresswoman from Hawaii: "I support our Second Amendment rights."Ban assault weapons; require universal background checks
In Congress, Gabbard has co-sponsored bills that would ban assault weapons and require background checks for all gun purchases, including closing what is known as the "gun-show loophole."
Source: PBS News hour on 2020 Presidential hopefuls , Jan 14, 2019

Advocate for sensible gun control
Tulsi has a consistent record of advocating for sensible gun control. She has long called for reinstating a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and high capacity clips, requiring comprehensive pre-purchase background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, and making sure that terrorists are not allowed to buy guns. Tulsi is focused on building bipartisan solutions that can actually be passed into law, rather than using the issue as a partisan political football.

Tulsi Gabbard on gun control measures:
H.R. 1565 & H.R. 1217: To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System
H.R. 2380: Gun Show Loophole Closing Act: To require criminal background checks at gun shows.
H.R. 226: Keeping Guns from High Risk Individuals Act
H.R. 1745: Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction: a tax credit for surrendering to authorities certain assault weapons.

Averageman
02-10-23, 12:59
Perhaps She should go home, bake some cookies and have a baby.
I really don't need her brand of "Leadership".

WillBrink
02-10-23, 13:05
She supports HANDGUN OWNERSHIP. Past history is a great predictor of future behavior.

All you guys believing her have swallowed the B.S. pill. Might as well "sell-back" your stuff NOW. Just get ahead of it. How soon we forget. We're doomed.

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Tulsi_Gabbard_Gun_Control.htm

Generally true, but not always. Trump changed parties multiple times, and supported "assault" weapon ban in his book, etc etc. Personally I'm more inclined to believe she's had a legit change of stance over Trump who I don't think gave a damn about 2A Rights and said what he knew his base wanted to hear. She has demonstrated several times she's not just a talking head, and can actually learn. I personally will give her the benefit of the doubt and am hopeful her red pill journey continues on.

WillBrink
02-10-23, 13:12
I would like her to explain exactly what was the moment the "Light Bulb" came on for her?
The reason I ask is most of this was almost inborn in my life, a reverence for the Constitution and my obediance to Law. I grew up with this Love of Country.
When and why did she have this sudden revelation? How did it happen? Most of all, What makes her think that if she came to this recognition this late in life, after so much public disservice, that I can trust her now?

I was just watching a story on the News about a Mother in California. Her Daughters school was transitioning her to Male and without Mom knowledge or consent. That's how evil some of these people truly are.
Anyone with any assosiation with such an organization cannot be trusted. That's the Democrat Party.

She's always been clear that's her stance and never wavered on that one. Public service, love of country and the Const, was very much classic liberal positions - vs progress garbage Marxist loons - even if we didn't always agree how that should manifest itself. Did you watch vid I posted? She "gets" it, just needs to continue her journey of learning that she may be a Libertarian in a defunked classic liberals skin. If you have followed her as I have, the gradual awakening on her end has been interesting to watch, and obviously to the point she realized she was in the wrong party and left.

Det-Sog
02-10-23, 13:16
Will, stop thinking with the little head in your pants. I know she's hot.

Trump? For God sake's, look how quick Trump jumped on the bandwagon for a bump stocks and red flag laws. I still cringe every time I think of the comment he made about red flag laws. I cringed when I heard him say this on live TV.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-take-firearms-first/

We're going to take the firearms first and then go to court, because that's another system. Because a lot of times by the time you go to court ... it takes so long to go to court to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man's case that just took place in Florida; he had a lot of fires [and] they saw everything. To go to court would have taken a long time, so you could do exactly what you're saying but take the guns first, go through due process second.

For crying out loud people Tulsi is not our friend. You are being played like a fiddle. You're all falling for her looks. She's trying to make money and is going to say whatever the heck it takes to stay relevant and try to get on someone's political ticket or talk show. The warning signs on this one or so in front of your face, you're going to get run over by a train and not see it. You can't see the warning lights or the train crossing sign, because you're already standing on the tracks.

wildcard600
02-10-23, 13:21
Grifter.

I don't trust her.

Averageman
02-10-23, 13:23

Trump? For God sake's, look how quick Trump jumped on the bandwagon for a bump stocks and red flag laws. I still cringe every time I think of the comment he made about red flag laws. I cringed when I heard him say this on live TV.

For crying out loud people Tulsi is not our friend. You are being played like a fiddle. You're all falling for her looks. She's trying to make money and is going to say whatever the heck it takes to stay relevant and try to get on someone's political ticket or talk show. The warning signs on this one or so in front of your face, you're going to get run over by a train and not see it. You can't see the warning lights or the train crossing sign, because you're already standing on the tracks.

This above...
I'm reminded of a televangalist that got caught sinning, suddenly they have seen the error of their ways and the Lord forgives them.
Well, good for you, go home and live a good life.

WillBrink
02-10-23, 13:38

And yet, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you voted for him (as the alternative was way worse) and would again if it's between him and any loon from the left. Democracy sadly often about lesser evils than who/what we want, and she's not evil.

Two, I don't agree with any of that on it's face beyond she's easy to look at. Been tracking her a long time, and will repeat what I have for years: the only Dem I liked at all and now that she's left that party, tracking her course. If she's just a grifter like Trump and the other 99% of politicians, then we will see what we see.

hotbiggun42
02-10-23, 13:54
Her liberal positions on most issues are a real turn off.

THCDDM4
02-10-23, 14:22
Tulsi is a Liberal Twunt. I trust her to enrich herself and lie to get ahead and use faux conservatives as her source of power to do so.

Averageman
02-10-23, 14:28
Tulsi is a Liberal Twunt. I trust her to enrich herself and lie to get ahead and use faux conservatives as her source of power to do so.

If you suddenly discovered the Party you have belonged to for decades was all a lie, is it honorable then to "change sides" and contnue toward leadership positions in a new Party?
Or perhaps you need to sit in the corner for a bit, clear your head, repent and then go about with a normal life?
As I have stated before this is like many other "Religous Grifters", they will say whatever you would like to hear, just keep passing the collection plates there way.

Det-Sog
02-10-23, 14:32
Been tracking her a long time, and will repeat what I have for years: the only Dem I liked at all and now that she's left that party, tracking her course.

That's very telling. In your words, you liked her when she was a democrat. Even though she was FULLY supporting Hillary Clinton's, and all of the other Democrats gun control measures. OK. Just wanted to drop that right there. Can't have it both ways. If you liked her, you supported what she stood for. OK. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and a vote.

Being brutally honest, I only supported Trump because Ted Cruz got knocked out of the running. Ted was my guy from day one. He still is if he decides to run again. I'm grateful for what Trump did, but always slept with one eye open, because you never knew when it was coming.

Tulsi is a completely different thing though. She is a Trojan horse. She's playing all cute and cuddly catering to your testosterone. Mark my words... The same month this woman is elected on a national ticket, all you're going to hear about his compromise. It's time for a compromise. All under the guise of supporting the Second Amendment. You don't need an AR-15 or a semi automatic handgun. Let's compromise. Yu can keep your revolvers and pump/lever long guns... For now.

Love you man, but you're starting to sound a lot more like a "blue dog democrat" as opposed to a libertarian. Tulsi is no more of a libertarian or independent than someone like Joe Lieberman was.

Fortunately, many on here won't be fooled. Knock yourself out.

Sidneyious
02-10-23, 15:03
shes still an anti constitution commie, she didnt fit in the dem, independent or libertarian party and is the next Sinema.

stop simping for Sinema, like razorfist said

WillBrink
02-10-23, 15:04
That's very telling. In your words, you liked her when she was a democrat. Even though she was FULLY supporting Hillary Clinton's, and all of the other Democrats gun control measures. OK. Just wanted to drop that right there. Can't have it both ways. If you liked her, you supported what she stood for. OK. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and a vote.

Being brutally honest, I only supported Trump because Ted Cruz got knocked out of the running. Ted was my guy from day one. He still is if he decides to run again. I'm grateful for what Trump did, but always slept with one eye open, because you never knew when it was coming.

Tulsi is a completely different thing though. She is a Trojan horse. She's playing all cute and cuddly catering to your testosterone. Mark my words... The same month this woman is elected on a national ticket, all you're going to hear about his compromise. It's time for a compromise. All under the guise of supporting the Second Amendment. You don't need an AR-15 or a semi automatic handgun. Let's compromise. Yu can keep your revolvers and pump/lever long guns... For now.

Love you man, but you're starting to sound a lot more like a "blue dog democrat" as opposed to a libertarian. Tulsi is no more of a libertarian or independent than someone like Joe Lieberman was.

Fortunately, many on here won't be fooled. Knock yourself out.

(1) Yes, the only Dem I thought was worth a damn when she was a Dem. As a person oriented just shy of a "Big L" Libertarian, I find myself agreeing with some positions of Dems (though less and less now...) and GOP and disagreeing on others. I'm not a conservative. (2) Her stances on 2A apparently shifted, and perhaps continue evolve. Again, we will see. (3) as to HC, she was the lone Dem (correct me if wrong there, but that's my recollection) who would not back HC for POTUS, and that pretty much ended her existence in the party. HC called her a Russian plant on national TV, and made sure Tulsi was shadow banned by the party, $, etc. That's not what a person does if their true focus is to get along, play nice with the power brokers, and set yourself up for upward mobility. She was also essentially alone in not supporting gay marriage (which I did...) and changed her positions on that. Etc, etc. She has shown herself to take a hard stand on issues she believes in at big costs to her career. Whether we agree with them is another issue. I do not, and never have, seen her a political grifter, ala Trump etc. (4) I think if she teamed up with say Desantis for a VP slot, he'd keep her in check on any calls for "sensible gun law" BS, but who knows. (5) Your guy was Cruz, my guy was Paul, the only GOP I sent some $ to his campaign. I only support Trump because he was not HC or Brandon but I never suffered TDS.

Added, not directed at you per se, but astounding how many people were, and still are, willing to believe Trump found religion and had made a turn from being just another rich playboy a hole like the rest, yet, can't even fathom Tulsi appears to have taken the red pill and possibly had a legit shift and awakening.

WillBrink
02-10-23, 15:07
shes still an anti constitution commie, she didnt fit in the dem, independent or libertarian party and is the next Sinema.

stop simping for Sinema, like razorfist said

On which issues currently?

Det-Sog
02-10-23, 15:18
(2) Her stances on 2A apparently shifted, and perhaps continue evolve.

-snipped for brevity-

Added, not directed at you per se, but astounding how many people were, and still are, willing to believe Trump found religion and had made a turn from being just another rich playboy a hole like the rest, yet, can't even fathom Tulsi appears to have taken the red pill and possibly had a legit shift and awakening.

Well, please point out were you believe she has shifted ANY of her stance on the Second Amendment. Even when she was a Democrat, she stated she "supported the Second Amendment" and our right to owning a handguns and "sporting" stuff. She's never openly supported main stream semi-automatic firearms. There's a big difference between saying that you have a right to a handgun, or being able to own an AR-15 or a full sized Glock with a 17 round magazine. She's two faced. She says she she supports the Second Amendment, while supporting an "assault weapon" and high-capacity "clip" ban. Again, please point us out exactly where she has changed her opinion on this. Just saying "I support the 2nd" doesn't mean crap from her.

As for Trump, I agree wholeheartedly. I always slept with one eye open when he was in there. You never knew when he was going to wake up one morning and scream, "oh my God do it for the children. Get those guns".

Rand is a good guy too, wouldn't mind seeing him in there either. Rand, Ted. or Ron (your Governor). Either three would work.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-10-23, 15:24
Tulsi is like a lot of politicians, and gun owners too. They're convinced they support the 2A as long as their 'common sense' is sprinkled on top.

https://i.imgur.com/p2uNBmI.png

https://i.imgur.com/DrICuEM.png

AKDoug
02-10-23, 15:29
She's just another political narcissist. She could go do something meaningful, but no, she needs to build her brand, so she sells us on what you want to hear.

Hank6046
02-10-23, 15:39
Dave from Guns and Tactics on Tulsi Gabbard and her "new gun stance", this was about 3 months ago

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ypMnIWmyw&t=380s

WillBrink
02-10-23, 15:41
Well, please point out were you believe she has shifted ANY of her stance on the Second Amendment. Even when she was a Democrat, she stated she "supported the Second Amendment" and our right to owning a handguns and "sporting" stuff. She's never openly supported main stream semi-automatic firearms. There's a big difference between saying that you have a right to a handgun, or being able to own an AR-15 or a full sized Glock with a 17 round magazine. She's two faced. She says she she supports the Second Amendment, while supporting an "assault weapon" and high-capacity "clip" ban. Again, please point us out exactly where she has changed her opinion on this. Just saying "I support the 2nd" doesn't mean crap from her.

As for Trump, I agree wholeheartedly. I always slept with one eye open when he was in there. You never knew when he was going to wake up one morning and scream, "oh my God do it for the children. Get those guns".

Rand is a good guy too, wouldn't mind seeing him in there either. Rand, Ted. or Ron (your Governor). Either three would work.

I literally posted the quote and link to source in this thread post #2. Rand is too nice and too busy actually focus on the facts to survive the debates, but Ron will shred people, takes no prisoners, and knows his facts, and the Dems know he's the guy they have to worry about unless Trump F that all up somehow, and Paul would be perfect VP. However, Paul does not add a bigger net as to demographics where as Tulsi does. From a pull the most votes get back the WH, Desantis/Tulsi would be very tough to beat. Her full discussion on how her views are now not what they were and exactly how/why/when they changed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvkrlvYFlEU&t=176s

WillBrink
02-10-23, 15:49
Tulsi is like a lot of politicians, and gun owners too. They're convinced they support the 2A as long as their 'common sense' is sprinkled on top.

2018, vs current, see #2, hence "red pill" reference. Again, some totally willing to believe the orange guy changed his views on various matters, including "common sense" gun laws, but she can't and is just a grifter. May be true, may not be, we will see what we see, but quite the double standard many apply to those they like vs those they don't. She's never been the typical Dem, hence why the only Dem I tracked and didn't think was totally useless. Again:

hotbiggun42
02-10-23, 16:46
Funny how liberals think the alternative to democrat is Libertarian. Libertarian is the far right who belive in very limited government and no social safety nets, they belive charity is the answer to providing for the poor. I agree with most of their stances but the differences between todays liberal and the libertarian party is night and day.

Det-Sog
02-10-23, 16:50
^^^ OK Will.

We're going to have to agree and disagree here. For crying out loud, even when she lived in Hawaii, and was denied a handgun permit as she was being threatened with her life, she still supported gun control. And my God she talks slow. I had to watch that video at 1.75 speed to get through it but listened to the whole thing. All I heard, was blah blah blah. I support the Second Amendment blah blah blah. Yeah, the founding fathers wanted this in there for a reason. She said her position is changing, and I believe that it might be, but she has still has not come out, and renounced what she used to stand for. Honestly, at this point, it doesn't matter.

In my opinion, she is not genuine here. She's got a pretty face, a good voice, and she's just looking for money and power like the rest of them. She's figured out she's going be doing a lot better monetarily by having her own talk show, and then hopefully getting picked up at somebody's running mate. If that doesn't work, she can keep her own talk show, and maybe end up with her own show on fox at some point. She's on the path to becoming a multi millionaire, if she's not there already now. Seen this before too many times. Money and power.

I will leave off here. Fortunately, most on this board won't be fooled. She's a Trojan horse, and when the time comes will fold like wonder woman on laundry day. I don't trust her from a political standpoint, and never will. Good luck to us all.

hotbiggun42
02-10-23, 16:51
2018, vs current, see #2, hence "red pill" reference. Again, some totally willing to believe the orange guy changed his views on various matters, including "common sense" gun laws, but she can't and is just a grifter. May be true, may not be, we will see what we see, but quite the double standard many apply to those they like vs those they don't. She's never been the typical Dem, hence why the only Dem I tracked and didn't think was totally useless. Again:

She is like every other liberal only difference is when she destroyed Kamalah during the debates the Democrat party black listed her. She was finished in dem politics . Look she comes off as a likeable person and maybe she is but make no mistake she is a big .gov socialist.

WillBrink
02-10-23, 17:04
Funny how liberals think the alternative to democrat is Libertarian. Libertarian is the far right who belive in very limited government and no social safety nets, they belive charity is the answer to providing for the poor. I agree with most of their stances but the differences between todays liberal and the libertarian party is night and day.

News to me, never heard a lib ever make such a statement. Libertarians are more in line with old school GOP types, but have views (usually on social side) they agree with Libs, and issues (usually fiscal topics) that align with Repubs. Hence, Libertarians are socially "liberal" and fiscally "conservative" which means we can't talk about guns with libs or abortion with conservatives.

hotbiggun42
02-10-23, 17:11
News to me, never heard a lib ever make such a statement. Libertarians are more in line with old school GOP types, but have views (usually on social side) they agree with Libs, and issues (usually fiscal topics) that align with Repubs. Hence, Libertarians are socially "liberal" and fiscally "conservative" which means we can't talk about guns with libs or abortion with conservatives.

Didnt you say you were very close to being a libertarian but agree with some democrat issues?
Penn Gillette was a big time libertairian but in the end threw his support to Hilluary because orange man derangement syndrome. Joe Rogan claims libertarian but supported Bernie. I can list more like Bill Maher but you get the point. Hell im liberal too if you remove all social safety nets.
Liberals love to say we are all equal at the same time love to infringe on my pursuit of happiness by stealing my money in the form of taxes and gving to groups who choose to live their lives the way they want to live without reguard of consequences.

Curious what issues do you agree with democrats on

WillBrink
02-10-23, 17:16
She is like every other liberal only difference is when she destroyed Kamalah during the debates the Democrat party black listed her. She was finished in dem politics . Look she comes off as a likeable person and maybe she is but make no mistake she is a big .gov socialist.

She was black listed mostly due to refusing to back HC for POTUS. No one gives a damn about Kamalah who was chosen for no other reason than an appeal to two demographics. I'd think more would like Tulsi in that she's a strong anti interventionist and has the mil chops to at least earned her right to have those views. She's totally against the aid to Ukraine, which has been a view many GOP seem to share. Unlike them however, she's been highly anti US intervention the whole time. Again, has various views that did align with party she was in, and it was always obvious to me she was in the wrong party. That does not = she's a perfect fit for GOP either, but may fit better now. Also:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/10/22/20924999/hillary-clinton-tulsi-gabbard-fight-explained

hotbiggun42
02-10-23, 17:23
She was black listed mostly due to refusing to back HC for POTUS. No one gives a damn about Kamalah who was chosen for no other reason than an appeal to two demographics. I'd think more would like Tulsi in that she's a strong anti interventionist and has the mil chops to at least earned her right to have those views. She's totally against the aid to Ukraine, which has been a view many GOP seem to share. Unlike them however, she's been highly anti US intervention the whole time. Again, has various views that did align with party she was in, and it was always obvious to me she was in the wrong party. That does not = she's a perfect fit for GOP either, but may fit better now. Also:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/10/22/20924999/hillary-clinton-tulsi-gabbard-fight-explained

No it was the Kamala harris debate and since when does the GOP not support aid to Ukraine?

Todd.K
02-10-23, 17:25
I personally will give her the benefit of the doubt and am hopeful her red pill journey continues on.

As a talking head that may be able to get through to some of the old fashioned Dem’s, sure.

I don’t even care if it’s all a grift for fame and money if she stays anti progressive/communist.

However if she is working towards political power then hell no I’m not giving her any benefit of the doubt. Nope. None.

WillBrink
02-10-23, 17:31
Didnt you say you were very close to being a libertarian but agree with some democrat issues?

I explained it quite clearly in my last response me thinks, and will repost it:

Libertarians have views (usually on social side) they agree with Libs, and issues (usually fiscal topics) that align with Repubs. Hence, Libertarians are socially "liberal" and fiscally "conservative" which means we can't talk about guns with libs or abortion with conservatives.

Penn Gillette was a big time libertairian but in the end threw his support to Hilluary because orange man derangement syndrome.

His TDS came honestly as he had direct interactions with orange guy on the show and came away feeling Trump was a an A hole, not real bright, and unfit to be POTUS. I'm only paraphrasing vs agreeing, but I watched an interview with him on that one. He should have backed neither, but I don't have an issue he would not back Trump due to his personal experiences.

Joe Rogan claims libertarian but supported Bernie.

Never heard Joe claim to be a Libertarian. I have heard him say he was a classic Liberal, which is quite different than the woke loons.

I can list more like Bill Maher but you get the point. Hell im liberal too if you remove all social safety nets.

Are you claiming he's ever said he was a Libertarian? Cuz, ya, no. Maher is a classic old school lib, identifies as such, who if you didn't know it, might think he's a conservative by the way he's been attacking woke left. He, like a lot of classic libs, have had enough of the woke BS too it seems.

Again, there's views old school Libs and Libertarians will agree on, most of them social in nature, but usually due to different reasons. A Libertarian will support gay marriage because they don't think the gubment has any right or authority to limit who can marry who, where as a Lib will support is cuz rainbows or some such nonsense.

WillBrink
02-10-23, 17:38
No it was the Kamala harris debate and since when does the GOP not support aid to Ukraine?

I didn't say the GOP does not support aid to Ukraine, I said a view some GOP share, such as:

https://www.businessinsider.com/mccarthy-pact-with-far-right-republicans-endangers-ukraine-aid-2023-1

Lets see how many join in on that one.

WillBrink
02-10-23, 17:43
^^^ OK Will.

We're going to have to agree and disagree here. For crying out loud, even when she lived in Hawaii, and was denied a handgun permit as she was being threatened with her life, she still supported gun control. And my God she talks slow. I had to watch that video at 1.75 speed to get through it but listened to the whole thing. All I heard, was blah blah blah. I support the Second Amendment blah blah blah. Yeah, the founding fathers wanted this in there for a reason. She said her position is changing, and I believe that it might be, but she has still has not come out, and renounced what she used to stand for. Honestly, at this point, it doesn't matter.

In my opinion, she is not genuine here. She's got a pretty face, a good voice, and she's just looking for money and power like the rest of them. She's figured out she's going be doing a lot better monetarily by having her own talk show, and then hopefully getting picked up at somebody's running mate. If that doesn't work, she can keep her own talk show, and maybe end up with her own show on fox at some point. She's on the path to becoming a multi millionaire, if she's not there already now. Seen this before too many times. Money and power.

I will leave off here. Fortunately, most on this board won't be fooled. She's a Trojan horse, and when the time comes will fold like wonder woman on laundry day. I don't trust her from a political standpoint, and never will. Good luck to us all.

Roger that. You did ask for a source on her changes in positions on 2A, and she lays it all out in the vid I supplied, when, how, and why. Trump never did that far as I know, so I never believed he'd changed his positions on the topic and just pretended to appeal to his base and didn't personally give a damn about or Rights there. I'm more inclined to believe her than him personally.

SteyrAUG
02-10-23, 18:10
Her 2A position after red pill:

"As we see Democratic leaders in Washington continue to push more authoritarian-like policies, who are using law enforcement agencies, weaponizing them to go after political opponents, targeting law-abiding Americans as extremists and domestic terrorists for committing the offense of opposing the agenda of those in power, we realize that our right to bear arms is the deterrent that our Founders intended to push back against this threat of government tyranny. This abuse of power. …

President Biden likes to say that our Second Amendment is not absolute, pretending as though we don’t currently have tens of thousands of laws already on the books. In fact, there are more laws regulating this individual right than any other mentioned in the Constitution. But those laws, those existing laws on the books, frankly are not even being enforced and yet they want to place even more restrictions on us."

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/tulsi-gabbard-wants-you-to-know-her-views-of-the-second-amendment-have-changed/

And yet...

https://www.ontheissues.org/house/tulsi_gabbard.htm

I support our Second Amendment rights. (Jun 2019)
Ban assault weapons; require universal background checks. (Jan 2019)
Advocate for sensible gun control. (Nov 2016)
Require background check for every firearm sale and transfer. (Jan 2019)

WillBrink
02-10-23, 18:20
And yet...

https://www.ontheissues.org/house/tulsi_gabbard.htm

I support our Second Amendment rights. (Jun 2019)
Ban assault weapons; require universal background checks. (Jan 2019)
Advocate for sensible gun control. (Nov 2016)
Require background check for every firearm sale and transfer. (Jan 2019)

And it's now 2023 and she's changed those positions and I posted the vid several times where she goes into detail as to the what/when/why of those changes if interested.

hotbiggun42
02-10-23, 18:24
Someone has a crush on TG:)

ViniVidivici
02-10-23, 18:29
The ****'s wrong with some of you guys?

"Red pilled"? Are you serious?

FUUCK Tulsi Gabbard. Just another political whore rebranding to sell herself.

Nothing more.

Some dems are beginning to realize just how un-mother****ing-popular their nutbag agendas really are, to most common folks, and so, will appear to "cross the aisle", become.....a bit "moderate".

Don't be fooled by whores.

Johnny Rico
02-10-23, 18:33
How can someone who served in the military, who really should know better, continue to use the term "Assault Weapon?"

The fact that she does so is a major red flag, and what most here would consider, a clue.

WillBrink
02-10-23, 18:36
Someone has a crush on TG:)

https://youtube.com/shorts/TKwP3QCbfV8?feature=share

ChattanoogaPhil
02-10-23, 19:04
2018, vs current, see #2, hence "red pill" reference.

I read the rhetoric quoted in #2. Conspicuously absent were specifics. The trademark of flimflam.

Notice Tulsi's anti-gun stances are specific. Background checks, so-call assault weapon ban... on and on. Where is a quote from Tulsi specifically saying that she does not support background checks, not even for so-called assault weapons, or regulating same?

BoringGuy45
02-10-23, 19:45
People are able to change their minds. We're never going to find anybody acceptable in America if we hold them to the standard that they needed to never have held opposing viewpoints at any point in their lives. If Gabbard has examined her past beliefs and now realizes she was wrong, great. I see no reason not to forgive and move forward.

czgunner
02-10-23, 20:13
Still don't trust her. Once she acts on pro gun legislation, maybe. Until then, she's right there with Cheney as far as being someone I can trust.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

P2Vaircrewman
02-10-23, 20:47
Classic liberalism is hard to find but it is true liberalism.

https://www.thoughtco.com/classical-liberalism-definition-4774941#:~:text=Classical%20liberalism%20is%20a%20political%20ideology%20that%20favors,sweeping%20social%20changes%20precipitated%20by%20the%20Industrial%20Revolution.

ABNAK
02-10-23, 22:09
She would NEVER get my vote for national office, not even county dog-catcher.

I sure as hell hope that if DeSantis runs he doesn't pick her as his VP should he win the nomination.

prepare
02-11-23, 03:26
The only viable candidates are the ones that get the nod from the deep state. Selected not elected!

ChattanoogaPhil
02-11-23, 11:09
And it's now 2023 and she's changed those positions and I posted the vid several times where she goes into detail as to the what/when/why of those changes if interested.

Tulsi has been very specific on her anti-2A positions, including support for universal background checks. If she has reversed positions, where/what is the specific quote that she is now against all background checks? Tulsi specifically called for banning so-called assault weapons. Where is Tulsi quoted or shown in a vid where she is now against any regulation of so-called assault weapons? Tulsi supported banning bump stocks. Where is she quoted that she now supports making bump stocks legal?

Non-specific broad language suggesting support for the 2A can be found coming out of the mouths of lots of politicians. It allows the audience to believe it means whatever they wish it to mean.

“The broad principle that there is an individual right to bear arms is shared by many Americans, including myself.”

“I’m of the view that you can’t take a broad approach to other rights, such as First Amendment rights, and then interpret the Second Amendment so narrowly that it could fit in a thimble.”

^^^^^ Chuck Schumer.

https://www.saf.org/caught-in-contradiction-will-the-real-senator-schumer-please-speak-straight/

jsbhike
02-11-23, 11:25
She's a little too old to buy in to any "didn't know any better" claims and that is magnified by the claim being made mid career sans any real skin in the game.

WillBrink
02-11-23, 11:39
Tulsi has been very specific on her anti-2A positions, including support for universal background checks. If she has reversed positions, where/what is the specific quote that she is now against all background checks? Tulsi specifically called for banning so-called assault weapons. Where is Tulsi quoted or shown in a vid where she is now against any regulation of so-called assault weapons? Tulsi supported banning bump stocks. Where is she quoted that she now supports making bump stocks legal?

Non-specific broad language suggesting support for the 2A can be found coming out of the mouths of lots of politicians. It allows the audience to believe it means whatever they wish it to mean.

“The broad principle that there is an individual right to bear arms is shared by many Americans, including myself.”

“I’m of the view that you can’t take a broad approach to other rights, such as First Amendment rights, and then interpret the Second Amendment so narrowly that it could fit in a thimble.”

^^^^^ Chuck Schumer.

https://www.saf.org/caught-in-contradiction-will-the-real-senator-schumer-please-speak-straight/

If you watched the vid I supplied where she gave the what/where/when/why she red pilled on 2A, then you know what I know on the matter. Again, did you believe Trump when had supported banning assault weapons and such then supposedly changed his positions? I never did. I am more willing to believe her than him on that one. Like Reagan, Trump didn't give a damn about our 2A Rights. We will just have to see how far her now found understanding is, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that what she says in her vid translates into actual policy support that matters and rejects support for prior FUDD BS. If not, well bummer then.

Again, been following her a while now, have seen a number of issues she's red pilled on (see vid in OP for example...) and was not surprised at all she'd left that FUBAR party.

Averageman
02-11-23, 12:14
Don't do it Will,...there are many, many fish in the sea.
Just not this girl, please Will.
She's just not the girl for you !

There you have it, I will say no more on this matter, but remember this day when your heart get's broken Will.

AKDoug
02-11-23, 12:41
How can someone who served in the military, who really should know better, continue to use the term "Assault Weapon?"

The fact that she does so is a major red flag, and what most here would consider, a clue.

Dude, 75% of veterans don't know the difference, just like cops.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-11-23, 13:49
If you watched the vid I supplied where she gave the what/where/when/why she red pilled on 2A, then you know what I know on the matter. Again, did you believe Trump when had supported banning assault weapons and such then supposedly changed his positions? I never did. I am more willing to believer her than him on that one. Like Reagan, Trump didn't give a damn about our 2A Rights. We will just have to see how far her now found understanding is, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that what she says in her vid translates into actual policy support that matters and rejects support for prior FUDD BS. If not, well bummer then.

Again, been following her a while now, have seen a number of issues she's red pilled on (see vid in OP for example...) and was not surprised at all she'd left that FUBAR party.

Well... until I see differently I think it's fair to say that Tulsi has chosen to not publicly reverse her aforementioned anti-2A positions. Instead, she offers broad rhetoric thus leaving the audience to imagine whatever they want her to be.

Hillary suggested that Tulsi was a Russian spy during the democrat presidential primaries. The democrat party largely did not come to her defense. After being marked as a Russian spy, Tulsi had no home in the democrat party. So... I think that's at the core of things today rather than some type red pill mental realignment.

As far as Trump... I didn't follow Trump much before 2016. As far as I could tell he was never a gun guy per se. Trump simply chose to hold hands with the NRA during the 2016 campaign. As president, Trump followed NRA's lead on regulating bump stocks like machine guns. He was also quoted in a meeting as saying something along the lines of 'getting guns first, due process later' (red flag laws). Chris Cox, executive director of NRA-ILA, made a propaganda video in support of Red Flag gun confiscation. So... we got a president that generally remained holding hands with the NRA until the 2020 campaign where I don't recall Trump ever mentioning the NRA on the campaign trail. Perhaps he 'learned'.

Sam
02-11-23, 13:52
Give it up Will. You should know that whenever someone posted something positive about TG, 98% of the members here would burn her like a witch.

WillBrink
02-11-23, 13:54
Give it up Will. You should know that whenever someone posted something positive about TG, 98% of the members here would burn her like a witch.

MAGA! :jester:

BoringGuy45
02-11-23, 14:37

There's not a single person in the US who 98% of the members here believe is NOT a enemy of freedom based on either past or present beliefs...to include the other members here.

Buncheong
02-11-23, 21:04

This ^

Confirmation Bias, it's called. People are so desperate for someone in authority to magically appear and miraculously "save" them that they will readily believe anything as long as intersects with their biases and beliefs. If you point to objective facts which expose the delusions they entertain, they will attack YOU for it. People in the USA don't want the truth because it's very painful and quite frightening; comforting lies and the tax-supported, professional liars who tell them are much preferred.

TL;DR Gabbard = Trudeau = Soros = Putin = WEF/One World.

WillBrink
02-12-23, 08:05
This ^

Confirmation Bias, it's called. People are so desperate for someone in authority to magically appear and miraculously "save" them that they will readily believe anything as long as intersects with their biases and beliefs. If you point to objective facts which expose the delusions they entertain, they will attack YOU for it. People in the USA don't want the truth because it's very painful and quite frightening; comforting lies and the tax-supported, professional liars who tell them are much preferred.

TL;DR Gabbard = Trudeau = Soros = Putin = WEF/One World.

That defines the Trump supporter (which may or may not include you?) who'd then puts Gabbard in the same category as Trudeau/ Soros/Putin.

Sure, I get the rejection of all of them as worthless corrupt power hungry scum bags with no moral core, but I'd put it at 98% ish. A few, Paul, Desantis, Gabbard, Johnson, etc, I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt they mean and believe what they're saying even if I don't always agree with their positions.

Trump change parties like underwear, hung out with Epstein, was in favor of banning assault weapons, etc, etc, and yet, millions were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt he'd changed his positions because "...People are so desperate for someone in authority to magically appear and miraculously "save" them that they will readily believe anything as long as intersects with their biases and beliefs."

That was his entire platform, and it worked brilliantly. Hell, I voted for him and genuinely do think he meant some of what he said, and had intentions above just adding to his pathological narcissism and lust for power and $. That he drove the leftist loons crazy was interesting to watch and it exposed them for what they are.

REDinFL
02-12-23, 08:58
I agree with WillBrink's assessment of Trump. I supported Trump because he put America first, rather than kicking America to last like others. His best achievement was getting the loons and subversives to out themselves.

As far as Ms. Gabbard is concerned, I don't trust her, and think she is an opportunist and/or mole. She puts out a smooth line, so smooth it looks like the stock in trade of a conman (in this case, conwoman). And, yes, confirmation bias. Everyone else possibly running is worse.

Averageman
02-12-23, 09:09
I think she was disavowed by the Democratic Party, so she "Monkey Branched" to the GOP rather than looking for a job.

WillBrink
02-12-23, 09:11
I agree with WillBrink's assessment of Trump. I supported Trump because he put America first, rather than kicking America to last like others. His best achievement was getting the loons and subversives to out themselves.

As far as Ms. Gabbard is concerned, I don't trust her, and think she is an opportunist and/or mole. She puts out a smooth line, so smooth it looks like the stock in trade of a conman (in this case, conwoman). And, yes, confirmation bias. Everyone else possibly running is worse.

I don't disagree with any of that and keeping a healthy distrust of Gabbard's change in positions is warranted. I just get pissy when such an obvious double standard/conformation bias applied to one vs the other.

prepare
02-12-23, 09:50
It's nice to see all this lack of trust in government. :D

HKGuns
02-12-23, 10:27
She's still 88% communist and should know better being a vet. Meh.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-12-23, 12:23
I don't disagree with any of that and keeping a healthy distrust of Gabbard's change in positions is warranted. I just get pissy when such an obvious double standard/conformation bias applied to one vs the other.

Trump wasn't a lawmaker or held public office before elected president. Trump campaigned on what he would specifically do if elected. Trump voters gave him the opportunity to demonstrate what he would do in office. From my perspective, Trump delivered amazing well despite nonstop opposition, even within his party, but that's another conversation.

In contrast, Tulsi has been a lawmaker for several terms and has a record in office. She has already demonstrated what she will do, time and time again.

If you wish to believe a lawmaker with a record over several terms has suddenly changed, that's your business. However, I believe you're mischaracterizing giving Trump the opportunity to demonstrate what he would do in office as a double standard.

Yes, Tulsi left the democrat party after being labeled a Russian spy. She now self identifies as an Independent and has become a Fox News talking head paid contributor. Hardly a qualifier for being on the 2024 republican presidential ticket.

jsbhike
02-12-23, 13:33
She now self identifies as an Independent

Her still getting all the media attention she wants is a pretty good indicator that people much more in the know than anyone here believe that she isn't independent in any way.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-12-23, 18:45
The only major media paid gig I’m aware of is with FNC. Tulsi’s talking head is easy on the eyes, willing to rail against the democrat party and Biden (which she endorsed for president). Seems like a good fit with FNC. I don’t think she has started selling sleep products and pain relievers, yet.

SteyrAUG
02-12-23, 19:31
That defines the Trump supporter (which may or may not include you?) who'd then puts Gabbard in the same category as Trudeau/ Soros/Putin.

Sure, I get the rejection of all of them as worthless corrupt power hungry scum bags with no moral core, but I'd put it at 98% ish. A few, Paul, Desantis, Gabbard, Johnson, etc, I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt they mean and believe what they're saying even if I don't always agree with their positions.

Trump change parties like underwear, hung out with Epstein, was in favor of banning assault weapons, etc, etc, and yet, millions were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt he'd changed his positions because "...People are so desperate for someone in authority to magically appear and miraculously "save" them that they will readily believe anything as long as intersects with their biases and beliefs."

That was his entire platform, and it worked brilliantly. Hell, I voted for him and genuinely do think he meant some of what he said, and had intentions above just adding to his pathological narcissism and lust for power and $. That he drove the leftist loons crazy was interesting to watch and it exposed them for what they are.

Trump was an important, if temporary course correction. If you think things are bad now, I really don't think anyone could fathom what a Hillary presidency would have done to this country.

Trump gave us some important Scotus confirmations but the most important thing he brought with him was a combination of confidence and inexperience which meant he had no idea who to bring most of his ridiculous ideas into being, which reduced him to putting his amazing thoughts on twitter. By contrast, Hillary actually knew how government functioned and would have managed to get most of her agenda through congress.

Trump is the exploding air bag that saved this country from disaster but it was a "one time" thing.

hotbiggun42
02-12-23, 20:27
Trump did more in 2 years to make this country great than most lifelong plliticians accomplished in their lifetime.If you dont see it then you are sadly misinformed or just dumb as a rock.

WillBrink
02-13-23, 09:06
Trump was an important, if temporary course correction. If you think things are bad now, I really don't think anyone could fathom what a Hillary presidency would have done to this country.

Trump gave us some important Scotus confirmations but the most important thing he brought with him was a combination of confidence and inexperience which meant he had no idea who to bring most of his ridiculous ideas into being, which reduced him to putting his amazing thoughts on twitter. By contrast, Hillary actually knew how government functioned and would have managed to get most of her agenda through congress.

Trump is the exploding air bag that saved this country from disaster but it was a "one time" thing.

Can't disagree, my point being, an astounding amount of pass he was given because he told a large enough % of people what they wanted to hear to get voted in causing mass forgiveness of all prior sins apparently, not counting those who voted for him because he was not HC or Brandon . As for a one time thing, well, let's see what happens in this next election...

Trump did more in 2 years to make this country great than most lifelong politicians accomplished in their lifetime.If you dont see it then you are sadly misinformed or just dumb as a rock.

Whether accurate or not, irrelevant to the discussion. Reading comp and critical thinking are a thing.

WillBrink
02-13-23, 09:28
Trump wasn't a lawmaker or held public office before elected president. Trump campaigned on what he would specifically do if elected. Trump voters gave him the opportunity to demonstrate what he would do in office. From my perspective, Trump delivered amazing well despite nonstop opposition, even within his party, but that's another conversation.

He turned out to be better POTUS in many respects than I'd expected. However, I see the rest a distinction without meaning as to his "prior behavior" applies to character and flip flopping on various issues making me add him to the list of people/politicians who are full of chit and will say what ever needed to appeal to what people want to hear. Fact remains, there was a collective amnesia over his past positions on guns and other issues, back and forth between parties, party buddy with "he who did not kill himself" and do forth. Verbatum from his book:

“I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s internet technology we should be able to tell within 72 hours if a potential gun owner has a record.”

But hey, he changed his mind (not really but for arguments sake...) so it's all good.

In contrast, Tulsi has been a lawmaker for several terms and has a record in office. She has already demonstrated what she will do, time and time again.

Like red flag laws and bump stocks? Oh wait.

If you wish to believe a lawmaker with a record over several terms has suddenly changed, that's your business. However, I believe you're mischaracterizing giving Trump the opportunity to demonstrate what he would do in office as a double standard.

See comments above.

Yes, Tulsi left the democrat party after being labeled a Russian spy. She now self identifies as an Independent and has become a Fox News talking head paid contributor. Hardly a qualifier for being on the 2024 republican presidential ticket.

That was never my focus of this thread, though I will say a VP slot would cast a wider demographic net for who ever wins GOP nomination, and that's what wins the WH in reality. To repeat, best team would be Desantis/Paul. Most likely to actually win, Desantis/Tulsi.

I don't have any problems understanding why some may not view her the best choice for VP in a vacuum compared to say Paul or similar, but I also have no doubts she'd hit her stride post red pill and maybe enjoy some of that mass amnesia Trump enjoyed.

BTW, red pill comment per OP is not about guns, and that vid in #1 unrelated to guns.

P2Vaircrewman
02-13-23, 09:43
I have made this known to friends and enemies alike, I do not vote for president per se, I vote for candidates who promise/claim they will appoint constitutionalist judges to the courts. Presidents are around for 4 or 8 years, federal judges for many more. They determine the path the country takes more than politicians.

WillBrink
02-13-23, 09:55
I have made this known to friends and enemies alike, I do not vote for president per se, I vote for candidates who promise/claim they will appoint constitutionalist judges to the courts. Presidents are around for 4 or 8 years, federal judges for many more. They determine the path the country takes more than politicians.

A good long term play for sure. As you know, they will say X to get voted in, then do Y once in, so always a risk. At least Trump attempted to accomplish much of what he said he would when we ran. In that respect, he was pretty consistent but still caved to pressure of adding more gun laws when push came to shove.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-13-23, 12:21
A good long term play for sure. As you know, they will say X to get voted in, then do Y once in, so always a risk. At least Trump attempted to accomplish much of what he said he would when we ran. In that respect, he was pretty consistent but still caved to pressure of adding more gun laws when push came to shove.

Trump caved to who, the NRA?

Before the smoke had cleared in Vegas, LaPierre and Cox issued a joint statement calling on the Trump administration to regulate bump stocks like machine guns, and that's what the Trump admin did. Trump campaigned holding hands with the NRA. I knew that when I voted for him.

"In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Context is important.

WillBrink
02-13-23, 14:01
Trump caved to who, the NRA?

Before the smoke had cleared in Vegas, LaPierre and Cox issued a joint statement calling on the Trump administration to regulate bump stocks like machine guns, and that's what the Trump admin did. Trump campaigned holding hands with the NRA. I knew that when I voted for him.

"In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Context is important.

As far as we are concerned, caved is caved in terms out outcomes. Context seems to be applied very selectively I find.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-13-23, 14:19
He turned out to be better POTUS in many respects than I'd expected. However, I see the rest a distinction without meaning as to his "prior behavior" applies to character and flip flopping on various issues making me add him to the list of people/politicians who are full of chit and will say what ever needed to appeal to what people want to hear. Fact remains, there was a collective amnesia over his past positions on guns and other issues, back and forth between parties, party buddy with "he who did not kill himself" and do forth. Verbatum from his book:

“I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s internet technology we should be able to tell within 72 hours if a potential gun owner has a record.”

But hey, he changed his mind (not really but for arguments sake...) so it's all good.

Like red flag laws and bump stocks? Oh wait.

See comments above.

That was never my focus of this thread, though I will say a VP slot would cast a wider demographic net for who ever wins GOP nomination, and that's what wins the WH in reality. To repeat, best team would be Desantis/Paul. Most likely to actually win, Desantis/Tulsi.

I don't have any problems understanding why some may not view her the best choice for VP in a vacuum compared to say Paul or similar, but I also have no doubts she'd hit her stride post red pill and maybe enjoy some of that mass amnesia Trump enjoyed.

Paul doesn't have the charisma required to woo republicans into get off their ass to vote... unlike democrats who will vote for a democrat because they're a democrat. Republicans suffer the 'candidate quality' excuse for staying home.

As far as Tulsi... if a gun-grabbing democrat who didn't support Trump 80% of the time is the new GOP 'quality candidate'... maybe I need to find another party to support. That said, I think it highly unlikely that Tulsi would be seriously considered.

WillBrink
02-13-23, 14:47
Paul doesn't have the charisma required to woo republicans into get off their ass to vote... unlike democrats who will vote for a democrat because they're a democrat. Republicans suffer the 'candidate quality' excuse for staying home.

Hence my point. In the GOP, that was my guy. Only person I sent some $ to his campaign, but he's not likely to pull anymore people to vote over say Desantis or even Trump, etc. He'd made an outstanding VP however. Is there anyone else in the GOP that would add additional motivation demographically speaking to vote? This election is also about the Independents (fastest growing political group) who may be on the fence, various Dems who may be willing to jump ship, POC who realize Dems really don't give a damn about them, etc. I suspect there's now more of those than we know. It's the GOP's election to lose.

That's how the game has always been plays, VP is picked as much to help pull a demographic the POTUS candidate is weak in, and or not over shadow the POTUS candidate. As the many said:

"Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…' - Winston S Churchill,

As far as Tulsi... if a gun-grabbing democrat who didn't support Trump 80% of the time is the new GOP 'quality candidate'... maybe I need to find another party to support. That said, I think it highly unlikely that Tulsi would seriously considered.

That's one of many reasons I have always been Independent and likely always will be. It's probably too early for Tulsi to be seriously considered for VP, but I suspect she'd do a decent job of it.

hotbiggun42
02-13-23, 19:48

As far as Tulsi... if a gun-grabbing democrat who didn't support Trump 80% of the time is the new GOP 'quality candidate'... maybe I need to find another party to support. That said, I think it highly unlikely that Tulsi would be seriously considered.

That and Paul is just not likeable. Shouldnt exclude him but is what it is.

Korgs130
02-14-23, 15:46
It’s a challenge to trust any politician when is come to our constitutionally protected civil rights, especially those protected by the 2nd Amendment. Let’s face it, the GOP has screw us over almost as often as the dems.

People do evolve. My understanding of of liberty as a 52 year old with a family is very different than what it was as a 22 year old 2 Lt. Back then I didn’t know what I didn’t know.

I tend to agree with Will on a red pilled Tusli. Do I trust her? Not 100% at this point, but she definitely appears to have come around on her 2A stance. Wethers it’s a genuine stance remains to be seen.

Here is an Instagram video just posted by Tulsi Gabbard & Mike Mihalski from Sons of Liberty Gun Works about the ATF Pistol Brace rule:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CopAeNAjK_x/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I would love to hear Mike’s opinion of her.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230214/f28f868ab9f30a85d4434393c965005c.jpg

WillBrink
02-14-23, 16:06
She's pushing hard on the topic and adding more specifics vs general comments on dem bang sticks. Brings me back to wonder also if this ATF nonsense could be an ADA case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrIbBgRb_90

WillBrink
02-14-23, 16:12
It’s a challenge to trust any politician when is come to our constitutionally protected civil rights, especially those protected by the 2nd Amendment. Let’s face it, the GOP has screw us over almost as often as the dems.

People do evolve. My understanding of of liberty as a 52 year old with a family is very different than what it was as a 22 year old 2 Lt. Back then I didn’t know what I didn’t know.

I tend to agree with Will on a red pilled Tusli. Do I trust her? Not 100% at this point, but she definitely appears to have come around on her 2A stance. Wethers it’s a genuine stance remains to be seen.

Here is an Instagram video just posted by Tulsi Gabbard & Mike Mihalski from Sons of Liberty Gun Works about the ATF Pistol Brace rule:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CopAeNAjK_x/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I would love to hear Mike’s opinion of her.

A rare balanced post... BTW, Mike Mihalski is in her vid posted below.

Sidneyious
02-14-23, 16:17

from mikes mouth himself all over youtube.

https://youtu.be/gMCAK5qlH68

I stopped listening to that ig bullshit when she said democratic republic.
**** her that stupid cunt

Renegade
02-14-23, 16:18
She has a 100% anti-gun voting record in Congress.

Dont be fooled.

jsbhike
02-14-23, 16:33
That and Paul is just not likeable. Shouldnt exclude him but is what it is.

Lack of likeabilty wasn't an issue for McCain or Romney.

WillBrink
02-14-23, 16:51
from mikes mouth himself all over youtube.

https://youtu.be/gMCAK5qlH68

I stopped listening to that ig bullshit when she said democratic republic.
**** her that stupid cunt

Q: "Is America a democracy or a republic?"

A: Yes it is.

Korgs130
02-14-23, 17:09

That’s the same video I was referring to. Thanks for posting the YouTube link. Where she stands is all conjecture on our part. I’m really curious about what someone who has meet her, Mike, really thinks of her.

Sidneyious
02-14-23, 17:17

constitutional republic with democratic elected state officials that dont represent the people.

No its not democratic and it doesnt even resemble a constitutional republic.
To be democratic you wont have a representative, look at canada.

jsbhike
02-14-23, 17:21

Article IV, Section 4:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

prepare
02-14-23, 18:04
Article IV, Section 4:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

They have already failed.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. John Adams

America and its government is no longer moral or religious.

The constitution no longer limits the government. They do what they will with impunity.

You will not outvote the corruption period.

Restoring liberty will only be accomplished through rebellion and revolution. Until then keep believing the charade and continue to watch it go away little by little.

NYH1
02-14-23, 22:00
She is/was anti-gun and pro reparations. Gonna take a while for me to warm up to her.

NYH1.

WillBrink
02-15-23, 07:08
She is/was anti-gun and pro reparations. Gonna take a while for me to warm up to her.

NYH1.

We will only really know when/if she's in position to support/reject another anti 2A/anti Liberty/anti gun law, but amazing how most did that for the orange guy who never publicly came out and declared he'd changed his views in some a definitive manner.

REDinFL
02-15-23, 09:57
A catfight between her and Nikki Haley would be interesting, and possibly instructive.

Det-Sog
02-15-23, 12:43
We will only really know when/if she's in position to support/reject another anti 2A/anti Liberty/anti gun law, but amazing how most did that for the orange guy who never publicly came out and declared he'd changed his views in some a definitive manner.

Boom. Let that sink in everyone. She was a flaming liberal her entire political career. Now she says she's had a change of heart and wants us to give her a chance.

Let me put it this way. Would I hand her the keys to The Constitution and let her drive away in it just "hoping" she does not wreck it? No, I would not. Not just no, but F-NO!

Tulsi, good luck with your book tour and filling in on Fox news. You will never, ever get my vote in 2024. I will abstain if you are on the (R) ticket, even knowing the ramifications.

I tell you what, keep preaching this on your talk show and on Fox News. Let's talk in another six or eight years after you've actually walked the walk for that long. Something doesn't smell right here. Maybe she has flipped. She could flip right back. In my humble opinion, she hasn't been "out" long enough to be trusted. I truly HOPE she has seen the light. It's too early to tell.

AKjeff
02-15-23, 12:51
The "New and Improved" Tulsi Gabbard needs to spend a few terms in Congress, to see if her voting record has changed, before she's trusted to run for the big seat.

Det-Sog
02-15-23, 13:05
The "New and Improved" Tulsi Gabbard needs to spend a few terms in Congress, to see if her voting record has changed, before she's trusted to run for the big seat.

BINGO!

Averageman
02-15-23, 13:58

BINGO!

If you had a moment where you doubted everything you had ever believed in and decided to throw it all away to join the other side. After admitting you had made a fool out of yourself and were decieved for your whole life.
Do you really believe we need you to be put in charge of the people who had it right all along?

AKjeff
02-15-23, 14:21
If you had a moment where you doubted everything you had ever believed in and decided to throw it all away to join the other side. After admitting you had made a fool out of yourself and were decieved for your whole life.
Do you really believe we need you to be put in charge of the people who had it right all along?

No I don't.
I would rather she go away, however I think that is unlikely.

I'm saying I'm more likely to trust her as a presidential candidate if she proves her new found ideals in Congress first.

NYH1
02-15-23, 14:27
The Cheeto American was running against Billary and Sniffy. Couldn't get more anti-gun then them two.

NYH1.

Averageman
02-15-23, 15:01
I'm saying I'm more likely to trust her as a presidential candidate if she proves her new found ideals in Congress first.

I would say, Mayor or Governor first.
I don't see what she brings to the table as far as wisdom and leadership.

WillBrink
02-15-23, 15:20

Why didn't most people apply that to Trump then? Yet, apparently millions either (1) unaware dude flip flopped on most major issues and changed parties like underwear or (2) were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he told them all what they wanted to hear.

prepare
02-15-23, 16:04
Given that presidents are selected it's very doubtful she would get the nod. The dems never liked or accepted her.

WillBrink
02-15-23, 16:08
Given that presidents are selected it's very doubtful she would get the nod. The dems never liked or accepted her.

She's not a Dem and would not run Dem. I don't see her running at all, but explained, possible GOP VP choice if they wanted to reach a wider demographic IF, she could convince enough people (as the Orange Guy did...) that she's changed her position on 2A issues at the very least.

joe138
02-15-23, 16:13
It would be nice if she has indeed changed her stances on gun control and other liberal issues. However there will be no way she could ever prove it, as she won't ever be able to be elected in her home state, espcially congress. That ship has sailed for her. I hope she has changed, but I can't see into her heart. So history can help guide as well as current actions, not words.

Diamondback
02-15-23, 17:18
Why didn't most people apply that to Trump then? Yet, apparently millions either (1) unaware dude flip flopped on most major issues and changed parties like underwear or (2) were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he told them all what they wanted to hear.

Precisely why I DIDN'T vote for Mr. Orange in 2016--as a convert from the other side myself, I didn't see any of the behaviors that usually indicate a genuine conversion like citing a "Road To Damascus moment". (I haven't seen many of those from Gabbard either but I HAVE seen a LOT of strategy I learned firsthand among Leftist Establishment for assuring personal and cause survival when the heat gets too high and it's time to cut out the old dead wood, then lay low and come back after our side lets its guard down.

Stay Vigilant, my friends, as is eternally demanded as the price of liberty.

jsbhike
02-15-23, 17:55

And the ones who have "changed" never, ever, want to drop back in to simply supporting those who had it right either.

WillBrink
02-15-23, 18:01
Precisely why I DIDN'T vote for Mr. Orange in 2016--as a convert from the other side myself, I didn't see any of the behaviors that usually indicate a genuine conversion like citing a "Road To Damascus moment". (I haven't seen many of those from Gabbard either but I HAVE seen a LOT of strategy I learned firsthand among Leftist Establishment for assuring personal and cause survival when the heat gets too high and it's time to cut out the old dead wood, then lay low and come back after our side lets its guard down.

Stay Vigilant, my friends, as is eternally demanded as the price of liberty.

I vacillate between thinking he had a legit change of positions to his being the biggest grifter of all time. However, I knew regardless he didn't "get it" when he said those astounding words, for which again, mass MAGA disillusionment he got a pass apparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgybgEKHHI

jsbhike
02-15-23, 18:12
I vacillate between thinking he had a legit change of positions to his being the biggest grifter of all time. However, I knew regardless he didn't "get it" when he said those astounding words, for which again, mass MAGA disillusionment he got a pass apparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgybgEKHHI

Nothing new or unique to Trump.

In Bush's first run I was told we needed to vote him in to nix the 94 semi auto ban. When I mentioned the Bush support for renewal I was told I was mistaken. When I brought up the Bush 2020 website with renewal support clearly stated I was assured the site had been hacked.

I also know a Baptist church deacon who's actual faith is Democrat based on claiming abortion clinics were an an emergency room for when the mothers life was in danger because his actual god(Bill Clinton at the time) supported it.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-15-23, 19:02

Trump voters gave the benefit of the doubt to Trump to prove himself in elected office. Trump overwhelming proved himself worthy of that benefit of doubt. Tulsi has already had that opportunity to prove herself in office. No Thanks.

Tulsi is just like other liberals, she criticizes others for what she does herself. Much of her ranting is about global elitists and American sovereignty. No where is this more exemplified than the Paris Climate Agreement. When Trump pulled us out, Tulsi denounced Trump and voted to block him from withdrawing. While both Trump and Tulsi were in office, Tulsi proved to be against Trump on most everything. IIRC, I think FiveThityEight had it around 80%. So... Trump supporters are now hypocrites if they don't believe a liberal who has demonstrated to be overwhelmingly against Trump? C'mon...

Photo-op of Tulsi with an AR reminded me of this.

Got me a huntin' license...

https://i.imgur.com/JjXdyEl.jpg

jsbhike
02-15-23, 19:13

https://i.imgur.com/JjXdyEl.jpg

The O/U shotgun is the weapon of choice for deceitful political ads.

SteyrAUG
02-15-23, 23:56
Nothing new or unique to Trump.

In Bush's first run I was told we needed to vote him in to nix the 94 semi auto ban. When I mentioned the Bush support for renewal I was told I was mistaken. When I brought up the Bush 2020 website with renewal support clearly stated I was assured the site had been hacked.

And than after that I was told it was a ploy (because 3D chess wasn't a thing yet) and Bush knew it would never get to his desk so there was no danger in saying he'd sign it.

In REALITY, just months before the sunset, a industry protection bill sponsored by Larry Craig, had the renewal of the assault weapon ban successfully amended to it with a Republican majority house and senate. All it had to do was go to Bush (43)'s desk and nobody would have a LE6920. Thankfully at that point, Larry Craig killed his own bill rather than see it go forward with a poison pill.

This would be the same Larry Craig that later got busted trolling airport men's rooms hoping for a hookup.

So everyone who owns an M4, or anything with a flash hider, bayo lug, pistol grip, adjustable stock platform should say a small "thank you" to be most important person in the LGBTXYZ community who decided our freedoms were more important than his political standing that day.

Because nobody remembers any of this stuff. But I remember watching it go down live on CSPAN and screaming **** YOU at the television while these traitorous ****ers tried to make it happen. And I have zero doubts that the same president who signed the patriot act would have signed the renewal of the assault weapon ban.

WillBrink
02-16-23, 09:57
Trump voters gave the benefit of the doubt to Trump to prove himself in elected office. Trump overwhelming proved himself worthy of that benefit of doubt. Tulsi has already had that opportunity to prove herself in office. No Thanks.

Tulsi is just like other liberals, she criticizes others for what she does herself. Much of her ranting is about global elitists and American sovereignty. No where is this more exemplified than the Paris Climate Agreement. When Trump pulled us out, Tulsi denounced Trump and voted to block him from withdrawing. While both Trump and Tulsi were in office, Tulsi proved to be against Trump on most everything. IIRC, I think FiveThityEight had it around 80%. So... Trump supporters are now hypocrites if they don't believe a liberal who has demonstrated to be overwhelmingly against Trump? C'mon...

That is a distinction without meaning for me, and when it came to 2A, he most certainly did not. He caved the second the pressure to "do something" came in post events, and anyone willing to utter the statement while POTUS "take the guns first and worry about due process later" is not to be trusted. He's no friend of 2A, never has been, I'd trust her change of position on that one over his (as he never had one apparently...) on that topic.

On other topics, that's another issue and we'd have to go down the line as to all that, and I suspect she'd end not being a conservatives wet dream as he pretended to be. I think she's typical of some Dems which come in two forms*, which to say naive and her background and upbringing (per her vid) was one of no guns, guns bad, etc etc. That she (may) have worked her way out of that nonsense, (and she's always claimed to support 2A where as many Dems flatly don't these days) still went against her party and loons there in.

What I like about her and always have is, she's capable of learning, and seemingly, capable of altering positions on learning.

This may seem like a out of the blue flip for some here, but it's not if you have been tracking her as I have. I have seen the slow and steady change in her positions while a Dem, and even posted on her Twitter feed she was sounding a lot like a Libertarian and or GOP and was clearly in the wrong party.

It's been a gradual transition, a "red pill moment" and now we are here. Or, she's like Trump and the rest, a full of chit grifter saying what she thinks her base wants to hear. We shall see!

* form 1, well meaning but naive as F and more the classic Lib, and form 2, a worthless loon zealot Marxists trying to take over the US and taken over the Dem party. She being the former, like a lot of classic Libs, decided to separate herself from the party and took the red pill on some issues.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-16-23, 09:59
Trump and bump stocks was a rather unique situation, as the NRA published a letter urging the Trump admin to regulate bump stocks like machine guns. Did the NRA write a letter urging Tulsi to support banning so-called assault rifles and all her other anti-2A positions?

Trump was a president that defaulted to the NRA. Tulsi has proven to be anti-gun all during her time holding elected office.

WillBrink
02-16-23, 10:12
Trump and bump stocks was a rather unique situation, as the NRA published a letter urging the Trump admin to regulate bump stocks like machine guns. Did the NRA write a letter urging Tulsi to support banning so-called assault rifles?

Every situation is unique and if hearing those words from the mouth of sitting POTUS I posted above does not freak you out, nothing will. Had Obama, Tulsi, etc said those words, we'd have all lost our minds, and rightly so. Yes, he had a habit of saying stupid things without thinking it through, and actually did a good job on some major areas of importance, but fact remains, this smacks of double standards as to what Trump gets a pass for, as Reagan got a pass for, for which I will give no one/equal benefit of the doubt for if I think the person is not a total zealot loon, be they far right or left.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-16-23, 10:33
That is a distinction without meaning for me, and when it came to 2A, he most certainly did not. He caved the second the pressure to "do something" came in post events, and anyone willing to utter the statement while POTUS "take the guns first and worry about due process later" is not to be trusted. He's no friend of 2A, never has been, I'd trust her change of position on that one over his (as he never had one apparently...) on that topic.

On other topics, that's another issue and we'd have to go down the line as to all that, and I suspect she'd end not being a conservatives wet dream as he pretended to be. I think she's typical of some Dems which come in two forms*, which to say naive and her background and upbringing (per her vid) was one of no guns, guns bad, etc etc. That she (may) have worked her way out of that nonsense, (and she's always claimed to support 2A where as many Dems flatly don't these days) still went against her party and loons there in.

What I like about her and always have is, she's capable of learning, and seemingly, capable of altering positions on learning.

This may seem like a out of the blue flip for some here, but it's not if you have been tracking her as I have. I have seen the slow and steady change in her positions while a Dem, and even posted on her Twitter feed she was sounding a lot like a Libertarian and or GOP and was clearly in the wrong party.

It's been a gradual transition, a "red pill moment" and now we are here. Or, she's like Trump and the rest, a full of chit grifter saying what she thinks her base wants to hear. We shall see!

* form 1, well meaning but naive as F and more the classic Lib, and form 2, a worthless loon zealot Marxists trying to take over the US and taken over the Dem party. She being the former, like a lot of classic Libs, decided to separate herself from the party and took the red pill on some issues.

Tulsi has had plenty of media time to say she is now against banning or otherwise regulating so-called assault weapons. She hasn’t. Same for background checks and all her other anti-2A positions. So far, she’s clearly not willing to speak straight to her positions.

So far, Tulsi has shown to be no different than the conga line of politicians who speak in generalities and let their audience fill in the blanks, hoping the audience will forget who they proved to be in elected office.

pinzgauer
02-16-23, 11:03
The interesting thing with Tulsi is she doesn't seem to speak and sound bites.

Every time I've seen her as a talking head, talk show, or her tweets, they seemed thoughtful and well reasoned. Even ad hoc ones in response to direct comments by others, etcetera. Like on a talk show.

Her voting record on gunowner rights is a problem and she would need to address it directly. No question about that.

Just from her tweets her views do seem to be evolving on black rifles and similar. Maybe it's a decoy like other politicians, but it would be more blatant than what lurch carry and similar did.

In any case I put her in a different category than most politicians as she does appear to be an independent thinker even if she is historically wrong on a very critical item.

So I usually enjoy seeing her viewpoints and often find them insightful and something I agreed with.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-16-23, 11:09
Every situation is unique and if hearing those words from the mouth of sitting POTUS I posted above does not freak you out, nothing will. Had Obama, Tulsi, etc said those words, we'd have all lost our minds, and rightly so. Yes, he had a habit of saying stupid things without thinking it through, and actually did a good job on some major areas of importance, but fact remains, this smacks of double standards as to what Trump gets a pass for, as Reagan got a pass for, for which I will give no one/equal benefit of the doubt for if I think the person is not a total zealot loon, be they far right or left.

NRA Chris Cox made a propaganda video is support of red flag gun confiscation.
Trump came in to office holding hands with the NRA and generally remained so in rhetoric and policy. Now I’m not a fan of the NRA but I figured he’d pretty much stay aligned with them when I voted for him, and that’s pretty much the way it was during his presidency.

Tulsi? she’s a big girl with plenty of airtime to talk specifically against her own record on guns. She hasn’t, at least not that I have heard.

Since you’ve been following her closely, what specific positions has she changed on anything? Tulsi said the thought of overturning Roe V Wade “terrified” her and was committed pro-choice. She has said she wants to codify Roe. Her voting record is clear. Is she now in terror or is she now pro-life?

ChattanoogaPhil
02-16-23, 20:31
Hence my point. In the GOP, that was my guy. Only person I sent some $ to his campaign, but he's not likely to pull anymore people to vote over say Desantis or even Trump, etc. He'd made an outstanding VP however. Is there anyone else in the GOP that would add additional motivation demographically speaking to vote? This election is also about the Independents (fastest growing political group) who may be on the fence, various Dems who may be willing to jump ship, POC who realize Dems really don't give a damn about them, etc. I suspect there's now more of those than we know. It's the GOP's election to lose.

In the last election Tusi endorsed 13 republicans. 10 lost. Be careful what you wish for.

Diamondback
02-16-23, 21:14
This would be the same Larry Craig that later got busted trolling airport men's rooms hoping for a hookup.
I've long suspected that Craig's bust was in retaliation for his daring defy Bitchass Mitch, piss be eternally upon the Kentucky Swamp Turtle and all who support him.

SteyrAUG
02-17-23, 04:21
I've long suspected that Craig's bust was in retaliation for his daring defy Bitchass Mitch, piss be eternally upon the Kentucky Swamp Turtle and all who support him.

In politics anything is possible. I just think Larry was playing a dangerous game and THOUGHT he had a get out of BS free card.

Also if you are literally a Senator who is gay and looking for strange, FFS find a professional and make an arrangement.

If I was a Senator and say had a fetish for girls in latex with DDs, I would have a trusted member of my staff see if they could put together an arrangement for me. I wouldn't just run into Times Square with a fist full of money yelling "Hey you...how much?!?"

Diamondback
02-17-23, 06:27
There is that too, Steyr, it seems like the first rule in DC is "do whatever you want as long as you don't GET CAUGHT and make the Institution look bad."

Sidneyious
02-17-23, 07:08
They have already failed.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. John Adams

America and its government is no longer moral or religious.

The constitution no longer limits the government. They do what they will with impunity.

You will not outvote the corruption period.

Restoring liberty will only be accomplished through rebellion and revolution. Until then keep believing the charade and continue to watch it go away little by little.

no one liked john adams for a reason

WillBrink
02-17-23, 08:38
Enjoyed this interview and her full journey to naive kid and Dem to that red pill is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N0vQ4Tq3ew

WillBrink
02-17-23, 08:42
In the last election Tusi endorsed 13 republicans. 10 lost. Be careful what you wish for.

How many did Trump endorse and win? Endorsements don't mean squat in my view and I personally pay no attention to who endorses who. Your mileage may differ. She sounds more like a Libertarian and less like a modern GOP every day, so that may not work out for those who expect her to fall in line with GOP positions.

Sam
02-17-23, 09:19
I'll reply for the next 25 posts: She's a commie, liberal, democrat, gun hating, not Orange Man .... blah blah blah .... won't vote for her.

Averageman
02-17-23, 09:51
If I was a Senator and say had a fetish for girls in latex with DDs, I would have a trusted member of my staff see if they could put together an arrangement for me. I wouldn't just run into Times Square with a fist full of money yelling "Hey you...how much?!?"

And it's statements like that that explain to all of us just why you aren't as fun as you used to be.

WillBrink
02-17-23, 09:55
I'll reply for the next 25 posts: She's a commie, liberal, democrat, gun hating, not Orange Man .... blah blah blah .... won't vote for her.

In order, not at all, not so clear any more (see post #1/2), no, no, and yes.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-17-23, 10:10
How many did Trump endorse and win? Endorsements don't mean squat in my view and I personally pay no attention to who endorses who. Your mileage may differ. She sounds more like a Libertarian and less like a modern GOP every day, so that may not work out for those who expect her to fall in line with GOP positions.

Tulsi voted to ban oil drilling off both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts and the Gulf of Mexico. Libertarian position is opposed to government control of energy production. Government banning oil production doesn't sound very libertarian. Has Tulsi specifically changed her position on past votes to ban drilling? How about her sponsorship of Off Fossil Fuels for a Better Future Act? Changed her position on that?

WillBrink
02-17-23, 10:55
Tulsi voted to ban oil drilling off both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts and the Gulf of Mexico. Libertarian position is opposed to government control of energy production. Government banning oil production doesn't sound very libertarian. Has Tulsi specifically changed her position on past votes to ban drilling? How about her sponsorship of Off Fossil Fuels for a Better Future Act? Changed her position on that?

I don't know. Being from Hawaii they tend to be very environmentally protective, and I don't have any issue with that on its face. Per her interview with Peterson her entry into politics as a young person was over an environmental issue. I'm a small L Libertarian myself as there's some key positions they take I can't jibe with myself, but I'm probably 80-90% in agreement with Libertarian positions myself.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-17-23, 11:31
Well... then what has Tulsi specifically changed in regards to her record in office, anything? Everything from energy to guns, Supreme Court decisions to Global accords... I've asked what's specifically changed. So far I haven't seen anything articulated here.

WillBrink
02-17-23, 12:08
Well... then what has Tulsi specifically changed in regards to her record in office, anything? Everything from energy to guns, Supreme Court decisions to Global accords... I've asked what's specifically changed. So far I haven't seen anything articulated here.

Then you aint been following the thread dude. Thread was not about guns per se (see OP...) but turned into her position on guns, which I posted several vids here where she articulates fully how/where/when/why her position on 2A has changed. I can think of no other politician who has done that, and Trump sure as hell never did anything like that, and we were all expected to assume (apparently) he'd changed his mind, which once in office, clearly had not.

Whether her red pill moment on guns and such (great interview with Peterson goes into details on how F the Dem party is and why she left in #126) holds if/when she ever gets back into office holds, we don't know. I will say, unlike any politician I'm aware of, she stated clearly her position on 2A and will have no place to hide if she does not hold up to it when it matters.

As she's never gonna be a Dem again and not perhaps a great fit for the GOP either, she may be out in the cold for foreseeable future and or, until enough % of the population has had enough of the morons in either party, and would give an Independent a chance.

Whether this appeals to you or not, she's very anti interventionist in all modern US conflicts and having been deployed multiple times. She's never wavered on that and thinks the Dems are the war party, and goes into details on that in Jordan interview.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-17-23, 13:07
Well.. I suppose if after following her for so long if you could articulate what specifically she's changed in regard to her voting record (I've given you lots of specifics on her record over a wide range of topics) then you would have by now. I'll not continue asking. Cheers.

WillBrink
02-17-23, 14:42
Well.. I suppose if after following her for so long if you could articulate what specifically she's changed in regard to her voting record (I've given you lots of specifics on her record over a wide range of topics) then you would have by now. I'll not continue asking. Cheers.

She can't have a changed voting record as she's not in office to vote. Again, we currently can only go on what she's saying since leaving the party. I did see her views change over time before leaving the party which made it clear to me she was in the wrong party, have not looked at most recent voting record/bills voted on.

WillBrink
03-21-24, 10:22
Considering the show she's on and the very pro Trump speech she gave, and the rumors, the possibility of the VP slot grows stronger. If not, clearly offered some position in a Trump admin. Tulsi was the only one from the party she left I liked, and was not surprised when she left it. However, I viewed her a Fudd when it came to guns. Now, has she finally woken up the truth about the 2A? From this interview it sounds very promising she's taken another step toward "getting" it when it comes to 2A issues. I have always felt Tulsi could learn given time and understanding, and that's what I hope we are seeing here. Rubber meets the road when it comes to voting on some BS new law under pressure due to some event, but this is very promising to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_EcLNSC08

WillBrink
03-21-24, 10:36
She making the rounds big time, so obviously something is up. On Huckabee show:

"Is Tulsi Gabbard a Republican now? She says her old party is actively working to UNDERMINE our God-given freedoms enshrined in our Constitution. In this digital exclusive, she answers questions from the audience and delves deeper into her decision to leave the Democratic Party."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWFxzbl5gMc

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-21-24, 10:44
She's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Prove me wrong.

Det-Sog
03-21-24, 10:55

You are 100% correct. I will not be swayed on this. Trumps largest weakness, even more so than his mean tweets, is surrounding himself with people that will stab him in the back. She will be another John Bolton, or Bird Brain.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-21-24, 10:56
She making the rounds big time, so obviously something is up. On Huckabee show:

What? Is Tulsi the new Relaxium spokesperson?

titsonritz
03-21-24, 11:02

That is a much more likely scenario than a change of heart and complete reversal of belief/policy. Occam's razor and all.

hotbiggun42
03-21-24, 13:11
A politician with no core beliefs.

ViniVidivici
03-21-24, 13:21
Has she ever once explained why she committed the treasonous act of voting for Biden in the first place?

Has she ever answered for that particular crime?

HKGuns
03-21-24, 13:27

You are not wrong. That woman is a HARD PASS for VP. Trump simply can't be that stupid.

26 Inf
03-21-24, 22:00
That is a much more likely scenario than a change of heart and complete reversal of belief/policy. Occam's razor and all.

Yet you all believed it when Trump reversed his positions - Democrat to Republican, Pro-Choice to Pro-Life, from at the best ambivalent on 2A rights to Pro 2A. So how'd that work out for us?

We needed to apply Occam's razor to Trump before the first primary.

We didn't so now we're fvcked.

Diamondback
03-21-24, 22:05
Yet you all believed it when Trump reversed his positions - Democrat to Republican, Pro-Choice to Pro-Life, from at the best ambivalent on 2A rights to Pro 2A. So how'd that work out for us?

Some of us were skeptical all along and remembered that handling him required the transactional approach of wrangling a sociopath. If Trump decides he thinks he can get a better deal by going TR Third Term Race or Ross Perot and third-partying it he will.

Hell, I don't have a lot of room to talk on that latter as an EX-Republican myself, but my case is "the party left me" just as the D's left Reagan.

nick84
03-21-24, 22:24

This is exactly right.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-22-24, 08:44
Has she ever once explained why she committed the treasonous act of voting for Biden in the first place?

In defense of Gabbard, if she had her way self-described socialist Bernie Sanders would be finishing his second term in the Oval Office. Gabbard would likely be Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services overlording the administration of Medicare for All that she passionately supported during her 2000 bid for the democrat nomination.

WillBrink
03-22-24, 09:31

I have grown tired of pointing that out. The orange guy gets a pass on pretty much anything, and the comments about Tulsi apply to Trump x 100, and it's that level of double standard that harms us, and is too much like the leftists with their blinders on for my comfort.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-22-24, 09:33

Both have a record while in elected office. While certainly not perfect, I consider Trump's overall record quite good. Gabbard's voting record speaks for itself. Those who wish to believe that there's a new Gabbard are free to quote her words specifically denouncing her voting record.

If you wish to put in those terms, republican primary voters did apply something similar. The simplest and most likely answer is that Trump will continue with similar policies as in his first term. Fantasizing about being "pilled" into something else not required. I'm good with that, and so is the overwhelming majority of republican primary voters as expressed during the primary. Here in Tennessee Trump got 77% of republican primary vote. 'Birdbrain' got 19%. Not sure how much of that 19% were democrats.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-22-24, 09:38

In Gabbard's defense... if she had her way the self-described socialist Bernie Sanders would be finishing his second term in the Oval Office. Gabbard would likely be Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services and overlord of Medicare for All as she passionately advocated.

HKGuns
03-22-24, 10:21

Trump didn't reverse his positions, you are simply regurgitating what you are being fed by the MSM. Just like a good little never trumper, or worse.

Where exactly is Trump's voting record on any such issues?

hotbiggun42
03-22-24, 10:27

Stop watching the liberal media. Trump is a buisness man who never ran for office until 2016 he had no political positions. Its so tiring reading how Trump destroyed America, the destruction of America has been going on for decades. Comunism is a horrible disease bro.

Hank6046
03-22-24, 11:07
So just my simple 2 cents and that's all its worth.

Here's what I like about Tulsi, she represents a lot of people who have at least moved to the fence, and I'll take a lot more fence sitters then "vote blue no matter who" Dems. Do I really trust her when it comes to guns... nope, not at all, but to her credit she represents a more women then she gets credit for. My step-sister was the Dem poster girl for the longest time, but hates wave of violent crime around Denver and has been thinking about buying a gun and even carrying. My wife's good friend from college who had Hillary signs in her front lawn in 2008 has been at school board meetings to get trans-kids to use the bathroom of their actual gender because she doesn't want her daughter using the same bathroom and locker room as Bruno or 'Brenda'. People are waking up slowly, and I think Tulsi helps with that, but is she another snake in the grass? Yeah, but small victories can pay off over time.

WillBrink
03-22-24, 11:14
Stop watching the liberal media. Trump is a buisness man who never ran for office until 2016 he had no political positions. Its so tiring reading how Trump destroyed America, the destruction of America has been going on for decades. Comunism is a horrible disease bro.

Like where he is clear on the fact he's staunchly pro choice? That level of blinders and denial is no different than those commies we all dislike so much, so maybe consider actually looking at where and when he's changed positions. How anyone could blindly trust someone who changed political affiliation 5 TIMES, pay off whores, be a Fudd, etc, etc (all 100% easy to confirm ...) is why it's impossible to take some of you seriously. There's that liberal media where he says he's ..." VERY pro choice."

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/trump-in-1999-i-am-very-pro-choice-480297539914

ChattanoogaPhil
03-22-24, 11:35
Abortion?

This is what Trump said his position as president would be on abortion during 2016 presidential debate with Hillary.

------

Donald Trump said the overturning of the landmark Supreme Court decision giving women the right to abortion “will happen, automatically,” if he is elected president and gets to appoint justices to the high court.

“I am pro-life,” Trump said during Wednesday night’s presidential debate when asked whether he wanted that decision, Roe v. Wade, reversed by the Supreme Court.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/19/trump-ill-appoint-supreme-court-justices-to-overturn-roe-v-wade-abortion-case.html

-----

Promise made, promise kept.

WillBrink
03-22-24, 11:40
Abortion?

This is what Trump said his position as president would be on abortion during 2016 presidential debate with Hillary.

------

Donald Trump said the overturning of the landmark Supreme Court decision giving women the right to abortion “will happen, automatically,” if he is elected president and gets to appoint justices to the high court.

“I am pro-life,” Trump said during Wednesday night’s presidential debate when asked whether he wanted that decision, Roe v. Wade, reversed by the Supreme Court.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/19/trump-ill-appoint-supreme-court-justices-to-overturn-roe-v-wade-abortion-case.html

-----

Promise made, promise kept.

Hence he did a flip, and you just told me you didn't watch the vid without telling me you didn't watch the vid where he says clear as day he's pro choice, hence the criticisms he's flipped more times then a $2 hooker on all manner of issues, hence the comments of a double standard for the orange guy. No matter how much evidence shown of it, the denial continues. Trump can change his views, evolve, and be trusted, no one else, including Tulsi, can. Got it.

hotbiggun42
03-22-24, 11:55
Like where he is clear on the fact he's staunchly pro choice? That level of blinders and denial is no different than those commies we all dislike so much, so maybe consider actually looking at where and when he's changed positions. How anyone could blindly trust someone who changed political affiliation 5 TIMES, pay off whores, be a Fudd, etc, etc (all 100% easy to confirm ...) is why it's impossible to take some of you seriously. There's that liberal media where he says he's ..." VERY pro choice."

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/trump-in-1999-i-am-very-pro-choice-480297539914

Didnt you start this thread praising Gabbard for changing her position yet here you are saying orange man is bad because as a private citizen he said he was pro choice. You are either gaslighting or you are the victim of gaslighting either way you are mature enough not to participate in such nonsense.

WillBrink
03-22-24, 12:15
Didnt you start this thread praising Gabbard for changing her position yet here you are saying orange man is bad because as a private citizen he said he was pro choice. You are either gaslighting or you are the victim of gaslighting either way you are mature enough not to participate in such nonsense.

Oy vey...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

HKGuns
03-22-24, 12:18
Wow, there are some real Gems in here.

News flash, Roe V. Wade WAS overturned because of the Tump SCOTUS picks. The same picks he told us about in advance.

My God the propaganda machine in this country is effective.

The abortion issue is no longer an issue. Let it go.....

WillBrink
03-22-24, 12:29

Here's what I like about Tulsi, she represents a lot of people who have at least moved to the fence, and I'll take a lot more fence sitters then "vote blue no matter who" Dems. Do I really trust her when it comes to guns... nope, not at all, but to her credit she represents a more women then she gets credit for. My step-sister was the Dem poster girl for the longest time, but hates wave of violent crime around Denver and has been thinking about buying a gun and even carrying. My wife's good friend from college who had Hillary signs in her front lawn in 2008 has been at school board meetings to get trans-kids to use the bathroom of their actual gender because she doesn't want her daughter using the same bathroom and locker room as Bruno or 'Brenda'. People are waking up slowly, and I think Tulsi helps with that, but is she another snake in the grass? Yeah, but small victories can pay off over time.

She represents a lot of people that Trump does not, and would be a massive help in a demographic that may otherwise not vote for Trump or not vote at all. She's liked by a diverse collection of people at this point, obviously trying to position herself to appeal to the right leaning voters. On 2A issues, per usual, rubber meets the road if/when there's a bill to support/not support that chips away at 2A Rights. Is she a Fudd like Trump or legit after her (claimed) awaking and red pill experience? Only time will tell on that one, but I'm encouraged at least. Quiz, who wrote that, Tulsi or Trump?

“I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.”

A good run down of his history, $ given to anti gun Dems, etc:

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/trump-gun-support/472028

WillBrink
03-22-24, 12:32
Wow, there are some real Gems in here.

News flash, Roe V. Wade WAS overturned because of the Tump SCOTUS picks. The same picks he told us about in advance.

My God the propaganda machine in this country is effective.

The abortion issue is no longer an issue. Let it go.....

Which is irrelevant to the fact he's changed his positions on that and other topics claimed never happened. A level of head in sand "don't confuse me with facts" thing that's a bad look, no different than the hypocritical left. Yes, real gems indeed...

WillBrink
03-22-24, 12:37
Apparently, Trumps kid is a fan? Hard to be sure if it's a set up for Dad and his run, or something else, but, she's saying the things his voters want to hear who may be on the fence, reaching a demographic he does not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V1DYgh08cw

HKGuns
03-22-24, 12:40
Which is irrelevant to the fact he's changed his positions on that and other topics claimed never happened. A level of head in sand "don't confuse me with facts" thing that's a bad look, no different than the hypocritical left. Yes, real gems indeed...

Look dude, I get it, you don't like him and I really don't care. He was not a politician and had ZERO record prior to 2016. You can look Gabbard's voting record up pretty easily.

I'll take the Trump record over the Gabbard record.

It isn't 2012, that same logic was applied to running Mitt the twit and he lost. VP picks are meaningless at attracting votes.

Tump already has the support needed to win IF they don't cheat hard enough. But you probably still think the election in 2020 wasn't stolen.

When I say I don't care, I truly mean it. I no longer vote. I'd actually rather see them cheat hard enough for XiDen to win again and let it burn faster.

WillBrink
03-22-24, 12:57
Look dude, I get it, you don't like him and I really don't care. He was not a politician and had ZERO record prior to 2016. You can look Gabbard's voting record up pretty easily.

I'll take the Trump record over the Gabbard record.

It isn't 2012, that same logic was applied to running Mitt the twit and he lost. VP picks are meaningless at attracting votes.

Tump already has the support needed to win IF they don't cheat hard enough. But you probably still think the election in 2020 wasn't stolen.

When I say I don't care, I truly mean it. I no longer vote. I'd actually rather see them cheat hard enough for XiDen to win again and let it burn faster.

And you're still wrong. Not being delusional and willing to ignore and overlook his blatant position changes, Fudd behaviors, poor moral character traits, etc is not = I suffer TDS. My major issue is the bizzar double standard applied to him vs everyone else, and the fact it's exactly what I dislike about left, hypocrisy. I think Trump was a better POTUS then I'd expected, got some good stuff done, met with an army of loons and criminals with TDS, and watching heads explode of the woke, was a pleasure. But, don't piss on me and tell me it's raining that Trump is what he is, which is a deeply flawed person who is full of chit a large part of the time who changed his positions on various topics, including abortion. I don't like in the polarized world you and others seem to, and can actually see something between MAGA MAGA MAGA and "Trump is the next Hitler."

Again, the double standard applied to him vs anyone else, is the problem for me. Only Trump can change his positions, his political affiliations 5 times, send $ to anti gun politicians, etc and me legit, no one else can. Got it.

If you no longer vote, I don't know why you'd even be in this thread or any political thread.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-22-24, 12:58
Hence he did a flip, and you just told me you didn't watch the vid without telling me you didn't watch the vid where he says clear as day he's pro choice, hence the criticisms he's flipped more times then a $2 hooker on all manner of issues, hence the comments of a double standard for the orange guy. No matter how much evidence shown of it, the denial continues. Trump can change his views, evolve, and be trusted, no one else, including Tulsi, can. Got it.

Trump from 1999? Oh my... 25 years ago Trump was a private citizen. He wasn't a candidate nor in elected office. Genuinely don't care what Trump's positions were as a private citizen, nor do I care what Gabbard is babbling about today other than responding to your 'red pilled' assertions.

Candidate Trump was specific on what he would do as president, and delivered. Promise made, promise kept.

As a democrat presidential primary candidate, Gabbard also had the opportunity in 2020 to tell America her position on Roe v Wade-- A Vote Smart questionnaire ahead of the 2020 presidential election, then-candidate Gabbard stated, “The very real possibility of Roe v. Wade being overturned terrifies me. I am sick of women’s bodies being used as pawns so politicians can score cheap political points at the expense of their freedom and safety.”

As an elected representative, Gabbard reportedly had a 100% voting record with both Planned Parenthood and NARAL.

The difference between a private citizen vs a candidate running for office or holding office is an important distinction to understand rather than conflate.

WillBrink
03-22-24, 13:12
Trump from 1999? Oh my... 25 years ago Trump was a private citizen. He wasn't a candidate nor in elected office. Genuinely don't care what Trump's positions were as a private citizen, nor do I care what Gabbard is babbling about today other than responding to your 'red pilled' assertions.

Candidate Trump was specific on what he would do as president, and delivered. Promise made, promise kept.

As a democrat presidential primary candidate, Gabbard also had the opportunity in 2020 to tell America her position on Roe v Wade-- A Vote Smart questionnaire ahead of the 2020 presidential election, then-candidate Gabbard stated, “The very real possibility of Roe v. Wade being overturned terrifies me. I am sick of women’s bodies being used as pawns so politicians can score cheap political points at the expense of their freedom and safety.”

As an elected representative, Gabbard reportedly had a 100% voting record with both Planned Parenthood and NARAL.

The difference between a private citizen vs a candidate running for office or holding office is important distinction.

I do not give a flying you know what about that, and why you et al consider it relevant, is proof to me of the hard flex and denial of who he is, and what he's about. Again, he's the one guy who can do a 180 on major issues and have no repercussions for it, while anyone else, can't do that. If I am pro gun as a citizen, then anti gun once in office (as an example) you'd have every reason and right to call me a slimy hypocritical POS. He was a better POTUS than I expected, I do not suffer TDS no matter what anyone thinks, and he's been a slimy hypocritical POS enough that I still don't believe he's anything but a shark swimming among snakes and playing people in 5 D chess. Maybe he even believes some of the positions he takes, I don't know. I'd like to think he does.

I'm simply putting out some info on Tulsi, who may in fact be a VP pick the way it looks, which would be very useful to Trump. As I have been following her for a while, I have seen the gradual changes in her positions, and am encouraged she's becoming the politician I thought she could be. If she's just another slimy hypocritical POS like the other 98%, well, if she ends up as VP, we will find out.

hotbiggun42
03-22-24, 13:16
I do not give a flying you know what about that, and why you et al consider it relevant, is proof to me of the hard flex and denial of who he is, and what he's about. Again, he's the one guy who can do a 180 on major issues and have no repercussions for it, while anyone else, can't do that. If I am pro gun as a citizen, then anti gun once in office (as an example) you'd have every reason and right to call me a slimy hypocritical POS. He was a better POTUS than I expected, I do not suffer TDS no matter what anyone thinks, and he's been a slimy hypocritical POS enough that I still don't believe he's anything but a shark swimming among snakes and playing people in 5 D chess. Maybe he even believes some of the positions he takes, I don't know. I'd like to think he does.

I'm simply putting out some info on Tulsi, who may in fact be a VP pick the way it looks, which would be very useful to Trump. As I have been following her for a while, I have seen the gradual changes in her positions, and am encouraged she's becoming the politician I thought she could be. If she's just another slimy hypocritical POS like the other 98%, well, if she ends up as VP, we will find out.

Yeah i know and Trump tried to overthrow the government, was a russian spy and threatened a bloodbath if not elected. We know yalls talking points.

WillBrink
03-22-24, 13:32
Yeah i know and Trump tried to overthrow the government, was a russian spy and threatened a bloodbath if not elected. We know yalls talking points.

That response would indicate your critical thinking skills and reading comp are that of the average Biden voter. Congrats. I rest my case.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-22-24, 15:01

To "give a flying you know what" about the difference between the positions of a private citizen that don't affect your life vs an elected officeholder or candidate's positions that can and do affect your life is central to the discussion.

I haven't accused you of suffering from a mental defect such as TDS. Why do you feel it necessary to tell me that you aren't a TDS case? But since you brought up the subject... If your arguments about Tulsi had sufficient merit you wouldn't be spending so much time here attacking Trump. You began attacking Trump early in this year-old thread and have continued incessantly. Try making your case for Tulsi without attacking Trump. Dare ya! (grin)

I don't believe Tulsi is going to be Trump's VP pick anymore than DeSantis would pick her. Maybe Tulsi would be VP for a third party spoiler. The No Labels thing might be attractive for a political grifter like Tulsi. Speaking of VP picks... RFK is supposed to announce a running mate in the next few days.

hotbiggun42
03-22-24, 15:32
This thread is nuts. Orange man bad because 25 years ago as a private citizen he was pro choice. Since then he litterly overturned Roe v wade. But Tulsi who supports a commie would be good for the Republican ticket? Thats crazy talk, OP is gaslighting.

WillBrink
03-22-24, 15:36
To "give a flying you know what" about the difference between the positions of a private citizen that don't affect your life vs an elected officeholder or candidate's positions that can and do affect your life is central to the discussion.

Only aspect to me in this discussion is the hard core head in sand denial he's changed his positions on key issues, that's it. Secondarily, that for reasons I can't fathom, he gets a pass while no else does. That's it. The rest is of little relevance in terms of how it applies in this thread.

I haven't accused you of suffering from a mental defect such as TDS. Why do you feel it necessary to tell me that you aren't a TDS case? But since you brought up the subject... If your arguments about Tulsi had sufficient merit you wouldn't be spending so much time here attacking Trump. You began attacking Trump early in this year-old thread and have continued incessantly. Try making your case for Tulsi without attacking Trump. Dare ya! (grin)

I'd say people have attacked Tulsi and ignore Trump in the thread. TDS comment was more general than specific accusation toward you.

I don't believe Tulsi is going to be Trump's VP pick anymore than DeSantis's pick. Maybe Tulsi would be VP for a third party spoiler. The No Labels thing might be attractive for a political grifter like Tulsi. Speaking of VP picks... RFK is supposed to announce a running mate in the next few days.

I don't think she's gone after the VP slot as much as they have gone after. I think she and RFK jr would make an interesting combo, and I don't think she and Trump would make a good fit at all, but it makes perfect sense why they'd be interested in her due to reaching a specific demographic, really the only reason any VP is brought in. I do think the VP pick will make a big difference to Trump or RFK than in any election I can recall. Desantis would be a good pick for Trump from a policy POV, but would he really pull any demographic Trump would not? No is my guess.

glocktogo
03-22-24, 16:02
Only aspect to me in this discussion is the hard core head in sand denial he's changed his positions on key issues, that's it. Secondarily, that for reasons I can't fathom, he gets a pass while no else does. That's it. The rest is of little relevance in terms of how it applies in this thread.

I'd say people have attacked Tulsi and ignore Trump in the thread. TDS comment was more general than specific accusation toward you.

I don't think she's gone after the VP slot as much as they have gone after. I think she and RFK jr would make an interesting combo, and I don't think she and Trump would make a good fit at all, but it makes perfect sense why they'd be interested in her due to reaching a specific demographic, really the only reason any VP is brought in. I do think the VP pick will make a big difference to Trump or RFK than in any election I can recall. Desantis would be a good pick for Trump from a policy POV, but would he really pull any demographic Trump would not? No is my guess.

If that’s really all it is, shouldn’t you be discussing that in a Trump thread, rather than a Tulsi thread?

I only mention it because you seem to be hitting the guardrails on both sides of the road. You’re upset that people are suspicious of Tulsi changing her tune, and you’re upset that Trump changed his and you don’t believe it but others do? It seems contradictory within context.

Like him or not, Trump had some of the most conservative official policies for four years as we’ve seen since Reagan. Like any politician, what he did is way more important than what he said. Even his “bump stock ban” wasn’t really a ban and it was easily overturned. By contrast, Reagan’s MG ban was far more harmful and permanent. GHWB’s import ban is still far worse.

I’m not saying this to bash Tulsi either. I think she has changed and I kinda like her, but unlike Trump she has no official record of doing what she’s now saying. That, coupled with a lifetime of HI indoctrination means she’s not right for VP yet. Let her prove she’s changed her mind before putting her a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. It’s not an unreasonable ask.

WillBrink
03-22-24, 16:11
If that’s really all it is, shouldn’t you be discussing that in a Trump thread, rather than a Tulsi thread?

I only mention it because you seem to be hitting the guardrails on both sides of the road. You’re upset that people are suspicious of Tulsi changing her tune, and you’re upset that Trump changed his and you don’t believe it but others do? It seems contradictory within context.

Like him or not, Trump had some of the most conservative official policies for four years as we’ve seen since Reagan. Like any politician, what he did is way more important than what he said. Even his “bump stock ban” wasn’t really a ban and it was easily overturned. By contrast, Reagan’s MG ban was far more harmful and permanent. GHWB’s import ban is still far worse.

I’m not saying this to bash Tulsi either. I think she has changed and I kinda like her, but unlike Trump she has no official record of doing what she’s now saying. That, coupled with a lifetime of HI indoctrination means she’s not right for VP yet. Let her prove she’s changed her mind before putting her a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. It’s not an unreasonable ask.

Your post suggests I'm some how advocating for her to be VP choice of Trump. I've done nothing of the sort. I'm just posting what seems to be a strong rumor at this time she's on a short list, perhaps already #1 choice, by Trump crew. I don't think her long well done speech in support of Trump was a coicendence, and assumed a back room discussion took place on what she'd say, but I don't know. Per above, #173, I said, "I don't think she and Trump would make a good fit at all, but it makes perfect sense why they'd be interested in her due to reaching a specific demographic..."

Again, I'm posting what they're reporting on her, nothing to do with my choices per se.

gaijin
03-23-24, 09:28
I have an older friend that started a “Class A” Contracting Company; Highways, Bridges, etc.
They have/had Corporate Offices in 4 States before he retired.
His daughter, a raging LibTard Dem ran for DA in our County a few yrs back as a Dem, lost by a large margin.
Next time she ran as a Conservative Republican, courting Daddi’s wealthy pals/associates for campaign contributions.
She lost by a large margin again. Just another, unprincipled Whore with no courage of her convictions- if she even knew what those convictions were.
I see TG in the same light.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-23-24, 10:09

He offered specific policy positions. I've posted some in this thread as examples. Please post the specific votes that Tulsi made in office that she now denounces, and what specific policy positions she now replaces them with. Not interested in flowery non-specific rhetoric in a YouTube vid. Please list specifics.

I'd say people have attacked Tulsi and ignore Trump in the thread.

Subject title of this thread = Tulsi Gabbard took the red pill.

Of course the focus should be on Tulsi. Try it.

Det-Sog
03-23-24, 11:15
[Subject title of this thread = Tulsi Gabbard took the red pill.

Of course the focus should be on Tulsi. Try it.

Some people just can't... Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GI_KTk-bgAAXFv4?format=jpg&name=large

ChattanoogaPhil
03-23-24, 11:21

Less than a week after Gabbard confirmed she would be running for President of the United States in 2020, she posted a big sloppy wet kiss video apology to the LGBTQ+ community.

Here is the transcript from the LGBTQ+ rights champion's video:

-----

Aloha. In my past I said and believed things that were wrong, and worse, hurtful to the LGBTQ community and their loved ones.

Many years ago, I apologized for my words and, more importantly, for the negative impact that they had. I sincerely repeat my apology today. I’m deeply sorry for having said them. My views have changed significantly since then, and my record in Congress over the last 6 years reflects what is in my heart: A strong and ongoing commitment to fighting for LGBTQ rights now.

I know that LGBTQ people still struggle. They’re still facing discrimination, still facing abuse, and still fear that hard-won rights are going to be taken away by people who hold views like I used to.

That cannot happen, because every American deserves to be treated equally, by their fellow Americans, and under the law. I will continue to fight for LGBTQ people, whether they’re in school, serving in uniform, trying to get health care, taking care of their family, or looking for a home.

Now, I grew up knowing that every person is a child of God, and equally loved by God. And I’ve always believed in the fundamental rights and equality of all people. But I also grew up in a socially conservative household, where I was raised to believe that marriage should only be between a man and a woman. So, for a period of my life, I didn’t see the contradiction in those beliefs. While many Americans may be able to relate to growing up in a conservative home, my story’s a little different because my father was very outspoken. He was an activist who was fighting against gay rights and marriage equality in Hawaiʻi, and at that time I forcefully defended him and his cause.

But over the years, as I grew up I formed my own opinions, based on my life experiences, that significantly changed my views, at a very personal level, and truly having aloha, love, for all people. And making sure that every American, regardless of sexual orientation, is treated equally under the law.

I look forward to being able to share more of my story and my experiences growing up, not as an excuse, but in the hopes that it may inspire others to truly live aloha – to love and care for others.

When we deny LGBT people the basic rights that exist for every American, we’re denying their humanity. Denying that they are equal. And we’re also creating a dangerous environment that breeds discrimination and violence, because when we divide people based on who they are or who they love, all we’re doing is adding fuel to the flames that perpetuate bigotry and hatred.

Now, I’m so grateful to my friends my loved ones, both gay and straight, who have patiently helped me see how my past positions on these issues were at odds with my values, my Aloha, and that they were causing people harm. I regret the role that I played in causing such pain, and I remain committed to fighting for LGBT equality.

https://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2019/01/17/video-tulsi-gabbard-repeats-apology-to-lgbtq-community/

hotbiggun42
03-23-24, 11:39
Wow shes a regular Abram Lincoln!

Hank6046
03-23-24, 11:53
Less than a week after Gabbard confirmed she would be running for President of the United States in 2020, she posted a big sloppy wet kiss video apology to the LGBTQ+ community.

You can bring that up to my wife's friend from college, my overall point still stands

czgunner
03-23-24, 12:03
She's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Prove me wrong.Absolutely. Zero chance I would trust her.

czgunner
03-23-24, 12:05

Has she ever answered for that particular crime?The problem is, there are a pile of never trumper "Republicans" who think that was reasonable in order to get rid of mean orange dude who hurts feelings.

Hank6046
03-23-24, 12:30
The problem is, there are a pile of never trumper "Republicans" who think that was reasonable in order to get rid of mean orange dude who hurts feelings.

This is what I see for sure. Its like their the Fudds of the Republican party, as Michael Malice said of people like Romney Republicans "Democrats going the speed limit"

armtx77
03-23-24, 23:45
Everything about her seems staged.

AFTER she left the Democrats, she also left politics. Which means we have her voting record and than we have what she says she is all about at present time.

I think the DNC power structure irked her in the last election and that is why she switched. She is from one of the most liberal states in our country. That just recently claimed they dont need to follow SCOTUS decisions...because Aloha is apparently the supreme law in Hawaii.

Nah, I aint buying it.

No chance I would vote for her or have her seated in my Cabinet. She is a Trojan Horse

Diamondback
03-24-24, 09:39
This is what I see for sure. Its like their the Fudds of the Republican party, as Michael Malice said of people like Romney Republicans "Democrats going the speed limit"

Or as Douglas MacArthur observed "those who would rather see [someone they personally hate] lose a battle than America WIN A WAR."

I know, I sound like I'm arguing both sides. Hard reality: Trump deadass SUCKS, Cruz woulda been head and shoulders better if he could get past the mouthbreathing retards who vote "style and charisma over substance." ALSO hard reality: We're stuck with him until he either Term Limits out or is called to settle his accounts Upstairs. Question: How do we make the best of this ten-patty shitburger, influence him to minimize the harm and maximize the good we can get out of him until we can get a serious candidate who will take the good ideas he DOES have and translate them from rhetoric into serious plans and thought-out concrete action?

It's bad. It's GONNA get worse. Our problem is to think longterm and position ourselves as the best architects for rebuilding after the current political Hurricane Season passes, while still triaging the most immediate and major problems where we can. (Without crossing into Ann Coulter Unhinged territory - remember when she said that as far as she was concerned Trump could do partial-birth abortions on the Resolute Desk all day every day so long as he carried out Build The Wall Deport 'Em All?)

Diamondback
03-24-24, 09:45
Everything about her seems staged.

AFTER she left the Democrats, she also left politics. Which means we have her voting record and than we have what she says she is all about at present time.

I think the DNC power structure irked her in the last election and that is why she switched. She is from one of the most liberal states in our country. That just recently claimed they dont need to follow SCOTUS decisions...because Aloha is apparently the supreme law in Hawaii.

Nah, I aint buying it.

No chance I would vote for her or have her seated in my Cabinet. She is a Trojan Horse

This. She's just getting out of town before the coming Category 5 blows the whole rotten house down, ten once the storm passes she'll be right back to rebuild and try to gaslight us about being a "rational Democrat." Basically she's trying to run the same "new kind of Dem" flimflam as Slick Willy in '92, and I wouldn't trust her as far as I'd stick a dick in Rosie O'Donnell.

davidjinks
03-24-24, 10:58
BULLSHIT!

I just watched a podcast with her and 2 gun bros….she was full of shit with her answers. Zero eye contact while talking. Bullshit excuses about growing up, restrictive environment even in the army. Get bent! Snake pure and simple.

Just like Trump….take the guns first, due process later. People need to start waking up. Psyops is a real thing and these people aren’t what we stand for.

Or maybe they are and I’m just retarded because I believe the Constitution is the end all be all!

ChattanoogaPhil
03-24-24, 12:37
A bit of background...

Gabbard was vice chair of the DNC. She resigned her position at the DNC in early 2016 to endorse and campaign for self-described socialist Bernie Sanders.

Jan 2019 Gabbard announced her candidacy for the democrat presidential nomination.

Oct 2019 Hillary Clinton blows up Gabbard's candidacy by claiming that Russia was grooming her to be the democrat nominee.

A few days later Gabbard announces she will not seek a 5th term as representative of Hawaii to focus on her campaign for the democrat presidential nomination. Gabbard has been ostracized by the democrat party and her candidacy for the democrat nomination is effectively over, but stays on.

March 2020 Gabbard officially ends her bid for the democrat nomination and makes a feeble attempt to rehabilitate herself among democrats by endorsing Joe Biden.

Jan 2021 No longer a rep from Hawaii, no longer a democrat presidential candidate and ostracized by democrats, Gabbard is politically homeless.

In revenge for the above, Gabbard increases her media presence as a critic of the democrat party.

Oct 2022 Gabbard announces she's leaving the democrat party and signs with Fox News as a paid contributor. Gabbard doesn't become a republican but chooses to be an independent like her socialist comrade Bernie Sanders.

Tulsi leg humpers confuse revenge at the democrat party as being 'red pilled'.

And here we are...

Waylander
03-24-24, 13:01
I think the videos of her shooting ARs were staged and conveniently timed.

davidjinks
03-24-24, 13:15
Every single politician does this for the votes. Most people are too stupid to see this. They see their favorite candidate shooting and that seals the deal for them. 1 item voters is what ruins it for this country.

The WHOLE CONSTITUTION is at play here. I have yet to see Americans stand up and say “Why do we need licenses and background checks for the 2A but not the 1A!?!?” No one bring up the Patriot Act and says “Holy ****, this is the single worst bill that has ever been passed and it completely usurps the Constitution as a whole!!!”

No, people are worried if Tulsi is “red pilled” because she shot a gun. Big ****ing deal! How about repeal the Patriot Act, FISA, Social Security, Qualified Immunity etc……

Det-Sog
03-24-24, 13:45

It's ALL theater. Even David Hogg has taken up shooting sports to prove that he does not want ALL the guns. If we are dumb enough to allow Gabbard into any (R) administration, then WE deserve everything that comes down the pipe after.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-24-24, 14:39
In the 116th congress (2019-20) Gabbard is co-sponsor of the AWB. Then in 2021 when she finds herself politically homeless she goes to the 2021 Celebrity Tactical Challenge at Fort Bragg, shooting... gasp... AWs. 'Red pill' conversion!

https://www.dvidshub.net/image/7001201/2021-celebrity-tactical-challenge

hotbiggun42
03-24-24, 15:07
BULLSHIT!

I just watched a podcast with her and 2 gun bros….she was full of shit with her answers. Zero eye contact while talking. Bullshit excuses about growing up, restrictive environment even in the army. Get bent! Snake pure and simple.

Just like Trump….take the guns first, due process later. People need to start waking up. Psyops is a real thing and these people aren’t what we stand for.

Or maybe they are and I’m just retarded because I believe the Constitution is the end all be all!

YOU PEOPLE JUST CANT HELP YOURSELVES. Just stop

davidjinks
03-24-24, 19:13
You people? **** you dude! Tell me Trump didn’t say it….I’ll wait. This is coming from a 2 time Trump voter.

The president of the United States said let’s **** every American and take their constitutional rights…….then they can go to court to PROVE THEY DIDN’T DO ANYTHING WRONG.

Gabbard is the EXACT SAME PERSON! Except, I won’t be voting for her.

Believe what you want. Be a one issue voter. It’s all good, you’re a free American. But when they come and stomp your 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th etc Amendments, you can sit back and cling to your fave candidate!

THEY ARE ALL THE SAME!!! Wake me up when a real American Constitutionalist shows up to the party.

YOU PEOPLE JUST CANT HELP YOURSELVES. Just stop

Jellybean
03-25-24, 04:02
In the 116th congress (2019-20) Gabbard is co-sponsor of the AWB. Then in 2021 when she finds herself politically homeless she goes to the 2021 Celebrity Tactical Challenge at Fort Bragg, shooting... gasp... AWs. 'Red pill' conversion!

https://www.dvidshub.net/image/7001201/2021-celebrity-tactical-challenge

Heh... that came across my youtube feed the other day.
Took one look, said "oh bulls#!+" and scrolled onward.

While I do think people can have changes of political opinion over time, I know a 'vote for me' tour when I see one.

yoni
03-25-24, 04:58
If Trump picks her for VP, then I just might not vote . I don't trust her one little bit.

I am convinced that if lawfare doesn't work to stop Trump and he actually gets elected, then the chance of him serving becomes greatly reduced. I don't want her to be President.

hotbiggun42
03-25-24, 12:54
You people? **** you dude! Tell me Trump didn’t say it….I’ll wait. This is coming from a 2 time Trump voter.

The president of the United States said let’s **** every American and take their constitutional rights…….then they can go to court to PROVE THEY DIDN’T DO ANYTHING WRONG.

Gabbard is the EXACT SAME PERSON! Except, I won’t be voting for her.

Believe what you want. Be a one issue voter. It’s all good, you’re a free American. But when they come and stomp your 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th etc Amendments, you can sit back and cling to your fave candidate!

THEY ARE ALL THE SAME!!! Wake me up when a real American Constitutionalist shows up to the party.

Yes he said it but put it into context. Just after a mass shooting and the police had been called to the shooters home dozens of times becuase he threatend to shoot up the school. The police said there was nothing they could do becuase of due process. Trump rightfully replied screw due process,take his guns first. He was 100% correct. Screw due process if the man is threating to shoot up a school enforce the damn law and arrest his ass.

Problem is you people took it out of context and used a small part of what he said and used it for political purposes. So sick of nevertrumpeters and your Alynsky tactics.

davidjinks
03-25-24, 16:14
Screw due process! **** the Constitution!

I’m not taking anything out of context. He said what he said. Defend him or don’t. I don’t care.

He’s a democrat, pretending to be a republican. If anything, he’s more an independent than anything.

But you keep going with yourself. Every American is innocent until proven guilty. If the laws are ****ed up then change them. You wanna support someone who doesn’t give a shit about our freedom, that’s on you.

I love receiving titles from internet no names. In case you missed it, I voted for the guy twice. There won’t be a third time. But I’ll be your never trumper!

Have a great day friend! I hope you can find peace in your life.

Yes he said it but put it into context. Just after a mass shooting and the police had been called to the shooters home dozens of times becuase he threatend to shoot up the school. The police said there was nothing they could do becuase of due process. Trump rightfully replied screw due process,take his guns first. He was 100% correct. Screw due process if the man is threating to shoot up a school enforce the damn law and arrest his ass.

Problem is you people took it out of context and used a small part of what he said and used it for political purposes. So sick of nevertrumpeters and your Alynsky tactics.

pinzgauer
03-25-24, 16:34

Problem is you people took it out of context and used a small part of what he said and used it for political purposes. So sick of nevertrumpeters and your Alynsky tactics.That was a very extreme case admittedly. I'm not a fan of most of the red flag laws.

Nor do I want to try to defend Trump's 2A record.

But it occurs to me that there was probably some aspect of exigent circumstances that would apply to situations like that shooter.

But that's a different topic.

The thing that is clear to me is that:

1) Trump is the Republican nominee and will be running against Biden unless the law fair against him is successful.

2) however bad Trump's 2A record is (or is not) The Biden / Obama White House is worse so even if one doesn't like Trump or his running mate you still got to vote against Biden.

Let's hope Trump picks someone solid. At the same time it needs to be someone that will increase his chances of election, or at least not decrease it.

I kind of view Trump as like Reagan. They both changed position on 2A and firearms. Neither changed as much as we would like. Both were far better on 2A than the people they ran it.

As for Tulsi, both she and her father started out has conservatives, at least the Hawaiian flavor. Her army experience for whatever reasons swung her more liberal. But she is articulating some changed positions and viewpoints. She has not articulated her change positions like Candice Owens have. That's probably what it would take for me to trust her.

I'm not sure I'm ready to trust her, many of the concerns articulated here are valid. At the same time she's probably a hundred times more trustworthy than just about any of her Democrat peers. And about a third of the Republicans. (Looking at you Romney and Mitch)

ChattanoogaPhil
03-25-24, 17:23

^^^^ Accurate assessment. He was specifically talking in context of the Florida case (Parkland) in a meeting with lawmakers on school safety. Off the cuff comment that went nowhere. Yet... Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump.

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a long time.” Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

hotbiggun42
03-25-24, 19:18
^^^^ Accurate assessment. He was specially talking in context of the Florida case (Parkland) in a meeting with lawmakers on school safety. Off the cuff comment that went nowhere. Yet... Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump.

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a long time.” Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

And since when is it legal to threaten to kill people? Especially children. Cops had every right to bypass due process and enforce the damn law. Trump was 100% correct in telling lawmakers the police screwed up.

hotbiggun42
03-25-24, 19:24
Screw due process! **** the Constitution!

I’m not taking anything out of context. He said what he said. Defend him or don’t. I don’t care.

He’s a democrat, pretending to be a republican. If anything, he’s more an independent than anything.

But you keep going with yourself. Every American is innocent until proven guilty. If the laws are ****ed up then change them. You wanna support someone who doesn’t give a shit about our freedom, that’s on you.

I love receiving titles from internet no names. In case you missed it, I voted for the guy twice. There won’t be a third time. But I’ll be your never trumper!

Have a great day friend! I hope you can find peace in your life.

No whére in the constitution does it say you have the right to threaten to kill school children . Trump was right to call out the police and use thier BS excuse about due process against them. You are letting your derangemnet overpower what you know is right.

georgeib
03-25-24, 23:43
It's a shame that critical thinking isn't more highly valued.

People that think that Tulsi Gabbard is now a conservative constitutionalist are a shining example of why we get the kind of traitors elected to office that we do.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-26-24, 14:36
Poor Tulsi Gabbard... no VP pick today. RFK chose ex-wife of Google's co-founder, Nicole Shanahan. Special VP criteria includes sharing RFK's passion for healthy food.

WillBrink
03-28-24, 11:07
It's a shame that critical thinking isn't more highly valued.

People that think that Tulsi Gabbard is now a conservative constitutionalist are a shining example of why we get the kind of traitors elected to office that we do.

I have seen no one make that claim about her. I think she's talking/acting more libertarian and has for a while for those who actually followed her, vs leaping into threads and acting as if she made her changes over night.

Poor Tulsi Gabbard... no VP pick today. RFK chose ex-wife of Google's co-founder, Nicole Shanahan. Special VP criteria includes sharing RFK's passion for healthy food.

A bad choice that will lose a lot of people (see comments in the RFK jr thread) but she brings the big $, which you can't win an election without today, so hard to know what if any net benefit there will be. It does favor Trump, so there's that for Trump supporters. As to TG, I don't think VP is a good fit in any Trump admin, but could see her as head of state due to her seemingly alignment on a less interventionist policy Trump (claims) he has also. They seem to align on that one "on paper" at least, she'd be a far better person for that job than HC, that's for damn sure.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-28-24, 14:43
A bad choice that will lose a lot of people (see comments in the RFK jr thread) but she brings the big $, which you can't win an election without today, so hard to know what if any net benefit there will be. It does favor Trump, so there's that for Trump supporters. As to TG, I don't think VP is a good fit in any Trump admin, but could see her as head of state due to her seemingly alignment on a less interventionist policy Trump (claims) he has also. They seem to align on that one "on paper" at least, she'd be a far better person for that job than HC, that's for damn sure.

I don't believe RFK's VP matters much as long as she doesn't wildly clash with him which she doesn't appear to. RFK is a protest candidate who isn't serious about winning the election. RFK's general appeal is to a faction within the conspiracy-minded, environmental and protest crowd.

What is more likely to have an impact is which states RFK is able to get on the ballot (money will definitely help with that) and how that might affect Trump/Biden. I mean... RFK on the ballot in California or New York will have zero impact because the margins between Trump/Biden are too wide for a protest candidate to matter. However, if RFK gets on the ballot in a swing state where the race would otherwise be a cliffhanger... a relatively small number of votes could affect the outcome. Who knows which states those will be....

Generally speaking... Money is of course important but we also recently witnessed DeSantis outspend Trump 2 to 1 in Iowa. Hillary also greatly outspent Trump. There's a lot of critical variables that money can't fix.

Diamondback
04-03-24, 09:47
I'd like to see how she answers, or dodges, one simple question:

"Let's say we can rewind the tape to when you first took office. On which specific bills would you vote differently? Which bills would you sponsor that you did not, and which that you have sponsored would you have not done so? Please include procedural votes for Speakers, Committee assignments and bills let out of or held in Committee."

hotbiggun42
04-03-24, 10:37
I would ask her if hilliary and the dnc had not turned on her would she still be a democrat?

Answer, of course she would be. Do yo believe if she won the democrat primary that she would have switched parties?

ryanm
04-03-24, 13:36
Some of ya'll need to let some sh$^ go and move forward. Might not be the best track record but she is moving the ball on the field pro-2a now. Seriously doubt she is some "Manchurian Candidate". She is solidly an advocate at this point and continuing to crap on someone who is trying to help is utter stupidity. Take the win rather turning the W into an L with FUDD logic.

hotbiggun42
04-03-24, 13:42
Some of ya'll need to let some sh$^ go and move forward. Might not be the best track record but she is moving the ball on the field pro-2a now. Seriously doubt she is some "Manchurian Candidate". She is solidly an advocate at this point and continuing to crap on someone who is trying to help is utter stupidity. Take the win rather turning the W into an L with FUDD logic.

There are litterally 1000s of shitty politicians and litterally millions of solid citizens who can do much better. We need to stop giving the shitty people a pass. Tulsi made her positions public and now she chooses to change. Good for her now she get a real job like the people she wishes to rule over.

HKGuns
04-03-24, 13:43

Ok Mitt.

ryanm
04-03-24, 13:56
If someone is in the foxhole with you aiming in the same direction, why kick them out? It's not about a pass, it's about recognizing when there is advocacy on your behalf and not shi%%ing on it when you don't have too.

All her social media is Pro-2A at this point and like it or not--she has thousands of followers. By all means, make a youtube channel, beef up your instagram/facebook and go fight the fight as publicly as she is doing and take all the hate/heat that goes with it that she is taking.

Look at it this way, do you think that anything she is doing now is turning someone who is Pro-2A in the community against the 2A community? Or is it more likely she is turning anti-2A people to our side??? Seriously think about that for a minute before the retort.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTNyrZoiTweJ1PZsJgdWTA --643K subscribers

https://twitter.com/tulsipress?lang=en --273K followers

Those aren't all red followers--that's a lot of blue/purple that we need to see the light. We should be helping her fight that fight instead of making it harder. In my lifetime, I have probably flipped four people from blue to red on 2A issues. And that's being a very strong 2A person in my group of friends/family. I'm not talking lean right on issues type of flips, I only count deep blue freedom haters seeing the light flips. Four. In fifty years. If she can do 40, 400, or 40,000 those are numbers we collectively need.

ryanm
04-03-24, 15:00
Sometimes the QRF is a bunch of French dudes from NKAIA--don't shoot the QRF!

ChattanoogaPhil
04-03-24, 16:28
I welcome the change in rhetoric, but that is MUCH different than believing it’s genuine.

When Gabbard had the opportunity to make a difference as a voting member of the House, she reportedly voted against Trump 80% of the time.

Much of what Gabbard talks about since leaving congress is in context of hating on the democrat party which is understandable since she was labeled a Russian spy by Hillary and ostracized by Washington democrats. A revenge-filled ex House democrat lashing out at same doesn’t suddenly make her a conservative.

hotbiggun42
04-03-24, 16:33
Nothing wrong with Tulsi making podcasts supporting the 2nd A, personally i think she is a opportunist. I believe the conversation here is about Tulsi being VP on the republican ticket.

HKGuns
04-03-24, 19:59
I can't wait for the like button much longer.......

JediGuy
04-04-24, 05:04
If someone is in the foxhole with you aiming in the same direction, why kick them out?

If you are pretty sure that front sight is going to swing toward your head as soon as the other guys are dead…well, inviting someone that would do that into your foxhole may not be the best thing.

Averageman
04-04-24, 05:58
Tulsi on Mitt, which is telling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKoOnQ9hitE
Go to around the 2:25 Mark and she will talk about Mitt, she's describing herself.

Adrenaline_6
04-04-24, 08:27
Tulsi on Mitt, which is telling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKoOnQ9hitE
Go to around the 2:25 Mark and she will talk about Mitt, she's describing herself.

I'm not a Tulsi fan, but I wouldn't go so far as saying she is describing herself. There are big differences. It's pretty simple to tell when someone is part of the "circle" or not. She isn't filthy rich, which is a perk of being in that "circle", so she isn't part of that circle jerk of politicians making up the "swamp". Was she a willing puppet of them at one time, hoping to benefit? Probably....but as soon as they hung her out to dry, that was surely a wake up call to her that she is not, and will never be in that "circle".

Could she turn and re-establish herself on their side? Sure. Anyone....and I mean anyone could do that at any time. There is a lot of money, power and coercion that is being dealt with here. More than most of the population think or can imagine.

Averageman
04-04-24, 08:50
I'm not a Tulsi fan, but I wouldn't go so far as saying she is describing herself. There are big differences. It's pretty simple to tell when someone is part of the "circle" or not. She isn't filthy rich, which is a perk of being in that "circle", so she isn't part of that circle jerk of politicians making up the "swamp". Was she a willing puppet of them at one time, hoping to benefit? Probably....but as soon as they hung her out to dry, that was surely a wake up call to her that she is not, and will never be in that "circle".

Could she turn and re-establish herself on their side? Sure. Anyone....and I mean anyone could do that at any time. There is a lot of money, power and coercion that is being dealt with here. More than most of the population think or can imagine.

I was thinking the same thing.
I used to think Conservatives were pragmatic and Liberals were "Pie in the Sky Dreamers." Now I think Liberals have become Communists.
You dont swing the values pendulum so wide that you go from one extream to the other "overnight."
Nahhh she would screw us all to be in the right "Clique"

ryanm
04-04-24, 12:10
If you hold someone to when they were at their worst it's hard to get them at their best. I'd go to the range with her any day to try and support.

WillBrink
04-04-24, 13:26
If you hold someone to when they were at their worst it's hard to get them at their best. I'd go to the range with her any day to try and support.

Only the orange guy can do a 180 on major positions, change is political affiliations 5 times, be a Fudd, etc, etc and not be called a Dem plant and communist. The hypocrisy/double standard is deafening, and they literally can't see it. As far as TG, it appears she was approached by RFK, and said no thanx. She's seems to be vying for a spot in the Trump admin. I don't see her as a VP pick, but easily head of State or cabinet position:

"I met with Kennedy several times, and we have become good friends," she said in a statement. "He asked if I would be his running mate. After careful consideration, I respectfully declined."

Gabbard declined to explain why she turned down that offer, which has not previously been reported.

She is among an eclectic group of people whom Kennedy had considered for the role, including former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura and TV host Mike Rowe.

He announced at an Oakland, California, rally last week that he had chosen Silicon Valley lawyer Nicole Shanahan, whose younger age, work in health and artificial intelligence appealed to him.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tulsi-gabbard-turned-rfk-jrs-offer-running-mate/story?id=108723568

Diamondback
04-04-24, 14:42
I was thinking the same thing.
I used to think Conservatives were pragmatic and Liberals were "Pie in the Sky Dreamers." Now I think Liberals have become Communists.
You dont swing the values pendulum so wide that you go from one extream to the other "overnight."
Nahhh she would screw us all to be in the right "Clique"

Um, on the Gun Vote *I* did, and I can tell you exactly what my Road to Damascus moment was and show my work, point to "if we rewound time these are things I'd do differently on the replay." I'd like to hear at least some bullet points about "these are the things I would do if elected to Legislative or appointed to Cabinet office right now," and some "this is my contract with anyone who will vote for, or appoint and vote to confirm, me."

Even Reagan had to establish bona fides when he flipped, though he had more record of them to do so with.

Adrenaline_6
04-04-24, 14:47
Only the orange guy can do a 180 on major positions, change is political affiliations 5 times, be a Fudd, etc, etc and not be called a Dem plant and communist. The hypocrisy/double standard is deafening, and they literally can't see it. As far as TG, it appears she was approached by RFK, and said no thanx. She's seems to be vying for a spot in the Trump admin. I don't see her as a VP pick, but easily head of State or cabinet position:

"I met with Kennedy several times, and we have become good friends," she said in a statement. "He asked if I would be his running mate. After careful consideration, I respectfully declined."

Gabbard declined to explain why she turned down that offer, which has not previously been reported.

She is among an eclectic group of people whom Kennedy had considered for the role, including former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura and TV host Mike Rowe.

He announced at an Oakland, California, rally last week that he had chosen Silicon Valley lawyer Nicole Shanahan, whose younger age, work in health and artificial intelligence appealed to him.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tulsi-gabbard-turned-rfk-jrs-offer-running-mate/story?id=108723568

Aligning with Kennedy as VP would be worthless career wise for her. He isn't going to win and being his VP pick gets zero political points for her on either side. Her saying "no" is a logical career decision.

ChattanoogaPhil
04-04-24, 15:15
Of course Gabbard would turn down RFK. She's wanting to hitch a ride on a campaign that can succeed, not relive her own failed democrat ambitions to reach the WH. Tulsi recently told Don Jr "I'd be honored to actually be in a position to help President Trump execute his policies". Uh huh...

WillBrink
04-04-24, 15:16
Aligning with Kennedy as VP would be worthless career wise for her. He isn't going to win and being his VP pick gets zero political points for her on either side. Her saying "no" is a logical career decision.

That's likely the same chain of thoughts she had, although I admit it would have been interesting to see how well they would have done as a team. Career wise, at this time, hooking into the Trump train makes far more sense no doubt.

titsonritz
04-05-24, 02:03

I’d go to the range with her any day, too. xxxxx, doesn’t mean I’d want her a heartbeat away from the White House. I hope she has sincerely “taken the red pill”, but talk is cheap and since it is impossible the know someone’s true heart and mind, the only prediction to one’s behavior lies in their past behavior.

TAZ
04-05-24, 07:33
I’d go to the range with her any day, too. xxxxx, doesn’t mean I’d want her a heartbeat away from the White House. I hope she has sincerely “taken the red pill”, but talk is cheap and since it is impossible the know someone’s true heart and mind, the only prediction to one’s behavior lies in their past behavior.

Exactly. Trust but verify applies to most things. Like a bazillion times to political creatures. It’s nice to hear new tune, but show me by your actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glocktogo
04-05-24, 15:53
So what, if anything, should Tulsi be considered for in a 2nd Trump Admin? Secretary of State? Would she work to secure the safety of USPERS abroad without undermining Trump's overall policies?

I'm not sure I'd want her involved in domestic policy, just in case?

WillBrink
04-05-24, 17:48
So what, if anything, should Tulsi be considered for in a 2nd Trump Admin? Secretary of State? Would she work to secure the safety of USPERS abroad without undermining Trump's overall policies?

I'm not sure I'd want her involved in domestic policy, just in case?

She and Trump have aligned as (claimed) non interventionist /let's stop getting the nation in BS wars, so she might be a good fit for that one in terms of agreeing on policy approaches.

Averageman
04-05-24, 19:20
She and Trump have aligned as (claimed) non interventionist /let's stop getting the nation in BS wars, so she might be a good fit for that one in terms of agreeing on policy approaches.

Secretary of State?

ChattanoogaPhil
04-06-24, 07:49
Secretary of State is a serious job requiring a serious person. Someone like Mike Pompeo, yes.

Maybe a lesser position like Secretary of Energy or EPA Administrator where Gabbard can again denounce Trump's energy policies and tell him how stupid he was to pull out of the Paris Climate Agreement. Maybe have weekly fake-flame fireside chats to lecture America on climate change and the evils of fossil fuels endangering Earth. No thanks.

Really guys, after all the criticism about Trump's cabinet picks, y'all are pimping for Tulsi? sigh...

Averageman
04-06-24, 09:28
Secretary of State is a serious job requiring a serious person. Someone like Mike Pompeo, yes.

Maybe a lesser position like Secretary of Energy or EPA Administrator where Gabbard can again denounce Trump's energy policies and tell him how stupid he was to pull out of the Paris Climate Agreement. Maybe have weekly fake-flame fireside chats to lecture America on climate change and the evils of fossil fuels endangering Earth. No thanks.

Really guys, after all the criticism about Trump's cabinet picks, y'all are pimping for Tulsi? sigh...

It's kind of like looking at a side view of a house and a bear walks in the front door and an Ostrich comes out the back door.
The Bear didn't suddenly turn in to an Ostrich, it's just a trick of the eye, as soon as the election is over the Bear will come back out the door.

HKGuns
04-06-24, 10:44
It really doesn't matter, the damage is beyond repair at this point. Trump won't be enough to stop it.

The UniParty continues to fully fund XiDen's agenda and the election will be stolen again.

You're already seeing early reports of the next election pandemic. They'll get to stuff the ballot boxes with millions of fraudulent votes to keep Trump out of office if they don't jail him.

Maybe that will be enough to wake those of you who STILL don't get it up. But I doubt it.

As it turns out, Alex Jones was shockingly right about everything, which is why he was silenced.

Waylander
04-06-24, 13:59
There’s been a pattern of Dems sliding right after all the woke nonsense going on for so long. Just to make a few, Tulsi, Bill Maher, hell even Fetterman. lol.

That being said, if she were to flip back Democrat, she would have to be one of the dumbest politicians ever after all the interviews, and podcasts she’s done. I don’t see that happening but crazier things have happened.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-06-24, 14:42
M4C: Democrats bad! Politicians are liars! Anti-gun politicians are traitors!

An anti-gun democrat politician: I'm a republican now and guns are way cool!

M4C: Woah! Politicians are cool and we should trust them!

ChattanoogaPhil
04-06-24, 15:31
It's kind of like looking at a side view of a house and a bear walks in the front door and an Ostrich comes out the back door.
The Bear didn't suddenly turn in to an Ostrich, it's just a trick of the eye, as soon as the election is over the Bear will come back out the door.

Over a year ago and multiple times since, the guy who claims to have been following Gabbard has been asked to list her specific votes as a four-term democrat member of the House of Representatives that she has specifically publicly denounced since being 'red pilled'. So far... uh... well... I guess it must be taking a long time to compile such huge list. :rolleyes:

ChattanoogaPhil
04-06-24, 16:36
There’s been a pattern of Dems sliding right after all the woke nonsense going on for so long. Just to make a few, Tulsi, Bill Maher, hell even Fetterman. lol.

There's similarities between a retard, entertainer and an ex-democrat politician masquerading as something different than her voting record while in office, but a pattern?

Waylander
04-06-24, 16:56
There's similarities between a retard, entertainer and an ex-democrat politician masquerading as something different than her voting record while in office, but a pattern?

Yes, plenty of opportunism going around because they don’t want to be associated with the far left lunacy. Will has hope for some of them. I however, do not.

Diamondback
04-07-24, 09:52

That being said, if she were to flip back Democrat, she would have to be one of the dumbest politicians ever after all the interviews, and podcasts she’s done. I don’t see that happening but crazier things have happened.

Yes, this is called the DC Two-Step: Two Steps forward then One Step back. They push as far to the left as they can, then Pawn Sacrifice a few of their own and adjust sails to tack "Less Left" until the storm they called down blows over.

Thy happily do this because they know that even after they hand over the gavel, the R's will NEVER undo what they have done. Democrats are the gas pedal and the Establishment R's the brake pedal, both part of the same car taking us further down the road to ruin and neither is the Reverse Gear we need.

hotbiggun42
04-07-24, 10:49
If Trump wins i would love to see RFK jr appointed to be head of Health and Human services.

Tulsi should be allowed to continue her pentince as a podcast supporter of the 2nd A.

Diamondback
04-07-24, 10:55
If Trump wins i would love to see RFK jr appointed to be head of Health and Human services.

Tulsi should be allowed to continue her pentince as a podcast supporter of the 2nd A.

Or give her a chance to prove herself as Acting Director of ATF. Give her one chance where she can't damage too much and can be quickly removed if she shits the bed. "Acting Director" would be kind of a "here's your shot, show me why I should fight to KEEP you" move.

hotbiggun42
04-07-24, 12:01
Or give her a chance to prove herself as Acting Director of ATF. Give her one chance where she can't damage too much and can be quickly removed if she shits the bed. "Acting Director" would be kind of a "here's your shot, show me why I should fight to KEEP you" move.

Oh hell no

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-07-24, 13:04

Sure, great idea. Let's put Chuck Schumer and Mike Bloomberg in charge of the ATF next and give them a chance too.

Diamondback
04-07-24, 13:25
Sure, great idea. Let's put Chuck Schumer and Mike Bloomberg in charge of the ATF next and give them a chance too.

I was thinking no more than one month's chance, but conceded. I'm not saying she HAS, but if you don't believe people CAN change maybe you should ask the mods to show me the door over how I was bluepilled up 'til around high school.

Point is, try to find somewhere to stick her where IF we're wrong she can have a chance to prove us so but if we're RIGHT in our skepticism any damage will be limited and swiftly and easily cleaned up.

RFK, I could see him using HHS to bootstrap other policies - he needs a tightly limited set of responsibilities, like "Deep State Dismantlement Czar" solely focused on settling scores with the black-bag psychopaths at Langley for his dad and uncle.

ChattanoogaPhil
04-07-24, 13:38

Now you're talking!

As long as we're ignoring a politician's voting record and focusing on rhetoric... the below gem from Chuck Schumer should more than qualify him for a leadership position with the ATF

"The broad principle that there is an individual right to bear arms is shared by many Americans, including myself."

ChattanoogaPhil
04-07-24, 14:10
I was thinking no more than one month's chance, but conceded. I'm not saying she HAS, but if you don't believe people CAN change maybe you should ask the mods to show me the door over how I was bluepilled up 'til around high school.

Point is, try to find somewhere to stick her where IF we're wrong she can have a chance to prove us so but if we're RIGHT in our skepticism any damage will be limited and swiftly and easily cleaned up.

Gabbard had four consecutive terms as a voting member of the US House of Representatives through 2021 to demonstrate who she is. We're not talking about decades ago as an adolescent in high school.

Cabinet picks aren't a test exercise in redemption. What the heck is with this obsession with Gabbard anyway? Spandex shooting wear?

https://i.imgur.com/vDcTbot.jpg

Gingerkid
04-07-24, 16:22
I didn’t read all this but that pic is hot.

Diamondback
04-07-24, 16:40
I didn’t read all this but that pic is hot.

Precisely what her whole scam banks on, being easy on the eyes.

Phil, have I not been consistent in saying that her moves here are completely consistent with a scam Dem operatives taught me to run when they were grooming me to play the chess game alongside their own children? I'm not sold by what I believe to be an act either, but I'm trying to allow for the possibility of being wrong. "There can be no atonement ever, and no amount of penance is enough, apology NEVER accepted" is the realm of the Left, after all.

Like Barkley once titled a book, "I COULD Be Wrong... But I Doubt It."