PDA

View Full Version : Airborne Arms Geronimo Trigger?

Leicafan1990
02-12-23, 15:58
Does anyone have experience with this trigger? A local shop is selling them for a very good price but there isn’t much info out there about them. Only a handful of Youtube reviews from a few years ago and some reviews on Opticsplanet.

I’m mainly interested in them because of the interchangeable trigger shoes and the fact that it’s a component trigger instead of a cassette style. Any feedback is appreciated.

https://airbornearmsllc.com/product/straight-black-geronimo-trigger-system-featuring-m-s-a-t-technology/

hoopharted
02-13-23, 06:10
for that money , even if "on sale" you would do yourself a world better by getting a Geissele SSA-E , they generally go on sale around any holiday , for instance they are at Palmetto now for $150 for valentines , generally list between $250-$299 , very smooth easy pull trigger

Leicafan1990
02-13-23, 08:24
for that money , even if "on sale" you would do yourself a world better by getting a Geissele SSA-E , they generally go on sale around any holiday , for instance they are at Palmetto now for $150 for valentines , generally list between $250-$299 , very smooth easy pull trigger

I already have an SSA-E. Have you compared the Airborne Arms trigger to the SSA-E? The SSA-E is a two stage trigger and the AA trigger is a single stage so they aren’t really comparable. I’ve also tried Geissele’s only true single stage, the SSP and I was disappointed in the amount of creep and overtravel it had.

DoubleW
02-13-23, 08:34
No experience, but the fact that it comes with “titanium anti walk pins” tells me all I need to know about that product.

Leicafan1990
02-13-23, 10:01
No experience, but the fact that it comes with “titanium anti walk pins” tells me all I need to know about that product.

What does the presence of titanium antiwalk pins tell you? According to the designer, the trigger is designed to use oversized pins (.156 vs .154) to mitigate creep. But you could use regular milspec pins if you wanted.

DoubleW
02-13-23, 11:16
What does the presence of titanium antiwalk pins tell you? According to the designer, the trigger is designed to use oversized pins (.156 vs .154) to mitigate creep. But you could use regular milspec pins if you wanted.
That it’s simply another fly by night AR accessory company that probably won’t exist in 2 or 3 years. But, while they do exist, will try to sell as much junk as they can before they’re inevitably forced out of business by actual, legitimate products. Those pins are a gimmick, which leads me to infer that the trigger itself is a gimmick.

Leicafan1990
02-13-23, 11:51
That it’s simply another fly by night AR accessory company that probably won’t exist in 2 or 3 years. But, while they do exist, will try to sell as much junk as they can before they’re inevitably forced out of business by actual, legitimate products. Those pins are a gimmick, which leads me to infer that the trigger itself is a gimmick.

I’m sorry but this is a really stupid take. First off, it’s a component trigger so you can just use regular trigger pins if you want. You aren’t required to use the antiwalk pins. Plus they are included in the package and some trigger companies don’t even bother to include pins at all (Triggertech).

Second, the inclusion of antiwalk pins doesn’t tell you anything about the quality of the trigger itself. Hell, there are some really good triggers out there that do require the use of antiwalk pins because the trigger springs don’t index with the trigger pins. JP, Elftmann and TriggerTech all use antiwalk pins with their designs. Are you saying those companies are fly by night scam operations selling junk?

georgeib
02-13-23, 11:55
Dude, buy what you want. You're not going to get validation for gimmicky products here.

DoubleW
02-13-23, 12:24
I’m sorry but this is a really stupid take. First off, it’s a component trigger so you can just use regular trigger pins if you want. You aren’t required to use the antiwalk pins. Plus they are included in the package and some trigger companies don’t even bother to include pins at all (Triggertech).

Second, the inclusion of antiwalk pins doesn’t tell you anything about the quality of the trigger itself. Hell, there are some really good triggers out there that do require the use of antiwalk pins because the trigger springs don’t index with the trigger pins. JP, Elftmann and TriggerTech all use antiwalk pins with their designs. Are you saying those companies are fly by night scam operations selling junk?

By my logic, yes. But I don’t care about gamer guns. My only interest in the AR-15 lies in duty grade rifles and accessories. But if you like it, that’s great! Buy it and let us know how it works out!

titsonritz
02-13-23, 14:26

Where does it state that? I'm not seeing it.

By my logic, yes. But I don’t care about gamer guns. My only interest in the AR-15 lies in duty grade rifles and accessories. But if you like it, that’s great! Buy it and let us know how it works out!

I agree, I've got not use for those triggers.

DG23
02-13-23, 19:16

The only JP trigger that comes with / is using that antiwalk pin garbage is their cassette trigger. Their single stage adjustables do NOT come with or require any of that. Either regular or JP springs will fall into the grooves on the milspec trigger pins just fine and the JP hammers use a 'j spring' just like a regular hammer would that retain that pin in its groove just like with a milspec trigger assembly.

Not counting spare JP trigger assemblies in the tool box I think I have 6 or so firearms with JP adjustables installed - all using regular milspec pins. Been a bunch of years now and a pile of rounds fired and have so far never had one even think about trying to 'walk' out on me.

Personal favorite combinations are the JP adjustable with either Schmid Tool NiB coated hammers OR Schmid Tool / Colt speed hammers (bobbed). Freaking slick and completely adjustable for engagement, over travel and pull weights (providing you have a selection of different spring weights (or modified springs) of course).

Wish you luck and look forward to a review if you get one and care to update your thread about it. :)