PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Veteran Community

HKGuns
02-14-23, 15:08
Is there a legitimate source to replace these boxes they give you with your medals?

I have three and the lids are broken on all three. Looking for a "real deal" source to replace my boxes, if you know of any.

https://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p1475621882-5.jpg

02-14-23, 15:19
I’ll ask around. Clothing Sales might do it. I might know someone that has one laying around.

All of yours green like that one?

Edit: found some. PM me where to send them to.

HKGuns
02-14-23, 15:24
Its actually Blue, but it does look green in the picture. Yes, all are blue. Please, not looking for a favor at all.........Just want to buy new one's since I'm no longer moving around and trashing things.

Smedley
02-14-23, 15:46
This case looks legit, but I see no mention of "Genuine" or "Official U.S.G.I" issue, etc. No mention of where it's made either (China? .. God forbid!)
Rather pricey also, but might work.
https://www.medalsofamerica.com/current-style-full-presentation-case

HKGuns
02-14-23, 15:57
I’ll ask around. Clothing Sales might do it. I might know someone that has one laying around.

All of yours green like that one?

Edit: found some. PM me where to send them to.

Enormous thanks 1168! PM sent. You are the man.

czgunner
02-14-23, 22:13
I think you can go on base to shop at the PX now as a veteran, not sure if they will let you in to clothing and sales.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Pacific5th
02-15-23, 00:59
What kind of ribbon or medals would warrant a box like that? Not a single one of the stuff I got came in a box. It was pinned on and that was that or we were told
We warranted something. Not being a dick, seriously curious.

HKGuns
02-15-23, 06:45
What kind of ribbon or medals would warrant a box like that? Not a single one of the stuff I got came in a box. It was pinned on and that was that or we were told

I prefer to keep that information private and not trying to be a dick, so hope you will understand.

I got stuff pinned on as well, mostly those were ribbons.

Not everything of value necessarily comes in a box.

TBAR_94
02-15-23, 07:08
I think it comes down to what the orderly room has in a drawer. I have had a relatively mundane “participation” medal presented in a box, and then something that was actually cool that I just got a certificate and had to guy get own ribbon and medal.

GTF425
02-15-23, 07:19

I remember getting these cases for the GWOT service medal and the ISAF medal. Everything else was either as you said (pinned at a ceremony, received certificate and DA 638 after) or I just got the paperwork and updated my ERB.

LoboTBL
02-15-23, 12:12
All medals actually come like that with the actual medal, ribbon and a miniature "ribbon" enameled metal pin. Even a GCM which really is close to the equivalent of a participation trophy. At least they all did when I was on AD.

Whether you get the actual presentation case may be another matter.

02-15-23, 13:10
This is what I have, for now.

rero360
02-17-23, 20:07
I got a few of the boxes early in my career, got a whole stack of the padded green presentation cases for the paperwork. My highest award came in the mail and I think it was just the paperwork, not even the ribbon, had to buy it. Got it like almost a year after I came home from the deployment.

HKGuns
03-01-23, 14:40
1168 is a solid individual.

So the other members know, I posted this question looking for a source.

He then proceeded to source and ship them and wouldn’t even let me pay shipping, much less the cost of the display boxes.

I received them today and can’t thank him enough for going way beyond anything I expected.

My medals can now be displayed in cases that don’t have broken lids.

Thanks very much once again 1168.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p1517010724-5.jpg

03-01-23, 14:52
Glad I could help.

chuckman
03-01-23, 19:50
Yes, he is. He and GTF425 have done me more than one solid, especially since I started my cancer thing. Most dudes on the site are great individuals.