PDA

View Full Version : Impact Weapons Components - CEO deceased

JediGuy
02-15-23, 21:12
I know nothing about the gentleman, short of the first name referenced on their website and social media announcement. But I have purchased several parts from them and always appreciated the innovation and workmanship.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CosVtA9vsbF/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

kerplode
02-15-23, 21:55
Damn, that sucks...Earl was a good dude.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-15-23, 23:00
Earl lived down the road from me when we lived in Loveland. IWC was a minute from my house. I’d pop in for products, and we’d grab a beer at Grimbrothers Brewery. Earl and his wife took us under their wing, they’d take us out to dinner, and she made a quilt for my son when he was born. I first bought from him in 2010, and have spent thousands with him since. Earl was beyond generous to me, he gave me more products than I ever deserved and allowed me to be his tester for products that later came to life, like the HSP line/Benelli mount/etc.

RIP to a good friend and man. I found out from the instagram post, and have no idea what happened.

kerplode
02-17-23, 11:03
Sorry for your loss, brother!

I just new Earl casually from a few brief chats at Jensen's back in the day. I'm still running a lot of his parts, though...They're all chef's-kiss quality.

He will be missed!

AndyLate
02-18-23, 11:17
I was saddened to hear this. Earl was a great giuy to do business with.

Andy

prepare
02-18-23, 15:03
How old was he?

Waylander
02-18-23, 15:34
I bought a mount from IWC and corresponded with Earl about another mount just a few weeks ago. He was good people and this is sad news.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-18-23, 16:08
10 years or so ago I learned of IWC. I wanted a QD end plate at the time so I ordered one from IWC. Sometime later that evening after dinner a guy from IWC called me at home to tell me about the order, maybe it wasn't ready to ship or something I forget. It seemed odd that someone would take the time to call a customer over such a small order. Nice guy and he wasn't in a hurry to get off the phone, we talked for several minutes. I can't remember the name, but does that sound like Earl?

pinzgauer
02-18-23, 17:51
All I have one or two IWC items but they were great, shipping was fast, and they were a unique item that filled the need. I hate to see a guy like that go!

titsonritz
02-18-23, 17:54
I didn't know Earl but have done a ton of business with IWC over the years. Always a bummer to lose an industry pro. R.I.P.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-19-23, 13:08
10 years or so ago I learned of IWC. I wanted a QD end plate at the time so I ordered one from IWC. Sometime later that evening after dinner a guy from IWC called me at home to tell me about the order, maybe it wasn't ready to ship or something I forget. It seemed odd that someone would take the time to call a customer over such a small order. Nice guy and he wasn't in a hurry to get off the phone, we talked for several minutes. I can't remember the name, but does that sound like Earl?

Yes that would’ve been him, he was a one man operation on the sales side, his step son helped often with shipping.

Does anyone have any details? I haven’t been able to reach anyone. Strange of Travis Haley not to make any mention, they were close business partners and friends for a long time.

utahjeepr
02-19-23, 13:54
Condolences to the family and friends.

Just curious if anyone knows whether IWC will continue. A lot of these outfits are smaller than people realize. When the prime mover passes, the doors often close for good.

Korgs130
02-19-23, 14:29
Definitely sad new. I spoke with Earl on a could if occasions. Always friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I’ll be missed.